What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees Thread (1 Viewer)

hines, Brees sure looked the same today on the road against Carolina as he did at home :moneybag:
I don't think I ever said he would? just that you needed to factor in the fact he shredded Panthers 2 weeks ago. he didn't have a good game today I give you that. still would have easily had 300+ without that monsoon they played the 3rd quarter in. hard to predict weather. still go with Brees every day, and I think playing him these last 3 weeks was much better than benching him like you recommended

I own Brees, Foles, and Cutler. I'm struggling to decide. Between Foles and Cutler.

New Orleans at Carolina has 17-13 written all over it. Brees and the Saints have played two divisional road games so far. At ATmpa Bay, which they won 16-14 and Brees only threw one touchdown pass. And at Atlanta, which they won 17-13 and Brees threw two TDs, but only 278 yards. I don't like him at all this week. Other than garbage time, the Rams shut him down. Brees has not thrown more than 2 touchdown passes in any road game this season.
this is crazy IMO. he is coming off a 400 yard game vs the Rams and just absolutely torched the Panthers for 313 and 4 TDs 8 days ago. in my scoring system Jay Cutler hasn't had a game all season that is as good as Brees game vs the Rams. to bench Brees for a guy whose best score doesn't reach Brees's average is incredibly poor decision making. maybe it works out, but you are hurting your odds by doing that
not only was I correct about benching Brees, I picked the exact score. Hopefully, this outs an end to that ridiculous 'never bench your studs' nonsense. You don't win fantasy championships by ignoring trends that are screaming right into your face. Drew Brees is an automatic start at home. On the road, especially outdoors, he's an average quarterback who averages just over one touchdown pass per game.

I own Brees, Foles, and Cutler. I'm struggling to decide. Between Foles and Cutler.

New Orleans at Carolina has 17-13 written all over it. Brees and the Saints have played two divisional road games so far. At ATmpa Bay, which they won 16-14 and Brees only threw one touchdown pass. And at Atlanta, which they won 17-13 and Brees threw two TDs, but only 278 yards. I don't like him at all this week. Other than garbage time, the Rams shut him down. Brees has not thrown more than 2 touchdown passes in any road game this season.
this is crazy IMO. he is coming off a 400 yard game vs the Rams and just absolutely torched the Panthers for 313 and 4 TDs 8 days ago. in my scoring system Jay Cutler hasn't had a game all season that is as good as Brees game vs the Rams. to bench Brees for a guy whose best score doesn't reach Brees's average is incredibly poor decision making. maybe it works out, but you are hurting your odds by doing that
not only was I correct about benching Brees, I picked the exact score.Hopefully, this outs an end to that ridiculous 'never bench your studs' nonsense. You don't win fantasy championships by ignoring trends that are screaming right into your face. Drew Brees is an automatic start at home. On the road, especially outdoors, he's an average quarterback who averages just over one touchdown pass per game.
A lot of chest-pounding over benching a stud for another stud. Talk to me when you bench Brees for Carson Palmer.

not only was I correct about benching Brees, I picked the exact score.Hopefully, this outs an end to that ridiculous 'never bench your studs' nonsense. You don't win fantasy championships by ignoring trends that are screaming right into your face. Drew Brees is an automatic start at home. On the road, especially outdoors, he's an average quarterback who averages just over one touchdown pass per game.
A lot of chest-pounding over benching a stud for another stud. Talk to me when you bench Brees for Carson Palmer.
Nothing to do with who you bench him for. I was trying to advise all of those who kept saying things like 'If you drafted Brees, you start him' and "unless you have Manning, Brees starts". And more specifically, for those who stated it with an arrogance and a "I'm smarter than you" tone.

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
hines, Brees sure looked the same today on the road against Carolina as he did at home :moneybag:
I don't think I ever said he would? just that you needed to factor in the fact he shredded Panthers 2 weeks ago. he didn't have a good game today I give you that. still would have easily had 300+ without that monsoon they played the 3rd quarter in. hard to predict weather. still go with Brees every day, and I think playing him these last 3 weeks was much better than benching him like you recommended
How he performed against Carolina at home had NOTHING to do with how he was expected to perform today. The monsoon was forecasted during the game, but you are using that as another excuse. I know that you will go with Brees every day which unfortunately is not a smart decision every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
JuniorNB said:

That simply was the whole reason I started this thread. Four of his last six games were on the road - Atlanta always plays NO tough, Seattle is no joke at home, STL was a bad matchup for them and Carolina was going to have a lot to play for this game. His other two - SF and Carolina were not matchups you wanted to see on paper although I was wrong about how well his home game vs. Carolina was going to play out.

Nobody is ever an auto start. You should always look at the skill set of the player, who they are playing, pace of the game and other relevant splits (home/away, primetime games) and at the very minimum consider them. Sometimes a marginal WW player will have a much better matchup on paper and sometimes you have to start your "stud" because no other possible replacements exist.

Even if Brees threw for 400 yards yesterday, starting him on the road against Carolina was not a smart play.

JuniorNB said:

That simply was the whole reason I started this thread. Four of his last six games were on the road - Atlanta always plays NO tough, Seattle is no joke at home, STL was a bad matchup for them and Carolina was going to have a lot to play for this game. His other two - SF and Carolina were not matchups you wanted to see on paper although I was wrong about how well his home game vs. Carolina was going to play out.

Nobody is ever an auto start. You should always look at the skill set of the player, who they are playing, pace of the game and other relevant splits (home/away, primetime games) and at the very minimum consider them. Sometimes a marginal WW player will have a much better matchup on paper and sometimes you have to start your "stud" because no other possible replacements exist.

Even if Brees threw for 400 yards yesterday, starting him on the road against Carolina was not a smart play.
Unfotunately the Cutlers, Tannehills, and Rivers of the world did not do much better yesterday. Fantasy is a crapshoot. Brees had pretty god odds that he would do medicore/bad and he did. Cutler and Rivers had pretty good odds that they'd do great and didn't.

Junior NB is a FF Nostradamus

Hines, your just a Brees lover

JuniorNB said:

Unfotunately the Cutlers, Tannehills, and Rivers of the world did not do much better yesterday. Fantasy is a crapshoot. Brees had pretty god odds that he would do medicore/bad and he did. Cutler and Rivers had pretty good odds that they'd do great and didn't.
Exactly. Way to go Brees, being the #3 QB in passing yards and #9 in FPs in a driving rain storm. Thanks for nothing. I'm sure tons of guys read this thread and started Geno Smith.

For the record here's a list of some of the QBs in the conversation that finished worse than Brees:

Luck

Eli

Cutler

Rivers

Newton

Brady

Fitzpatrick

Wilson

A Smith

Campbell

Stafford

Palmer

Tannehill

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
How he performed against Carolina at home had NOTHING to do with how he was expected to perform today. The monsoon was forecasted during the game, but you are using that as another excuse. I know that you will go with Brees every day which unfortunately is not a smart decision every time.
how he played against the same team 2 weeks ago is one of the first things to consider. if you don't consider it at all I don't know what to say. all I can say is that if you bench Brees as often as you recommended in this thread (each of last 3 weeks) you should never waste your 2nd round draft pick on him again

JuniorNB said:

how were you correct? Cutler did not have a better game did he?

good prediction on the score though

JuniorNB said:

I think people would take your bench Brees thing a little more seriously if you actually listed where you would rank him each week. you never provided options beforehand (besides Fitzpatrick @Broncos over Brees vs Panthers and Rivers over Brees this week) and simply kept saying it's dumb to start Brees. It was a smart play to start Brees yesterday unless you had Manning and it almost always will be. it's because his floor and ceiling are both higher than any non-Peyton QB essentially every week. I'm not sure how you miss that.

JuniorNB said:

JuniorNB said:

Cutler scored 2 more points than Brees. Didn't matter in my league, but that could have won it for others.

Brees has a worse than expected start even with lowered expectations.

Cutler had a terrible outcome based on expectations, but still better than Brees.

It was a truly bad championship week for QB's with the exception of P.Manning and Dalton.

Here's my league on CBS Sportsline

Top 10 with Eli getting 14 points

Peyton Manning

Andy Dalton

Geno Smith

Ben Roethlisberger

Nick Foles

Tony Romo

Chad Henne

Andrew Luck

Jay Cutler

Eli Manning

Cutler was outscored by Brees in my league, didn't realize in standard it was different.

anyway, just because a player outscores another does not mean it was a smart decision to start that player. see Henne, Dalton, Geno, Eli etc

Every league has different rules.

We deduct 2 for INT's

We give 1 poiint for evey 25 yds passing

We give 1 point for every 10 rushing

So Brees had more passing, less rushing and more INT's than Cutler. It was close.

Like I said, Cutler really laid an egg based on the matchup.

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
hines said:
tjnc09 said:
how he played against the same team 2 weeks ago is one of the first things to consider. if you don't consider it at all I don't know what to say. all I can say is that if you bench Brees as often as you recommended in this thread (each of last 3 weeks) you should never waste your 2nd round draft pick on him again
:lmao: 313/4/0 is the same at 281/1/2 I suppose. Does your league give you 20 automatic fantasy points every time you start Brees?

Week 13, I started Alex Smith over Brees (23.32 vs 7.78)

Week 14, I started Brees - convinced it would be dumb to sit him at home when he had success vs Carolina there

Week 15, Started Smith over Brees again - thanks Charles! (31.28 vs 22.52 pts)

Week 16, I started Cousins over Brees (11.88 vs 14.14 pts) so I guess I am a donkey. HEE HAW!

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
JuniorNB said:

I think people would take your bench Brees thing a little more seriously if you actually listed where you would rank him each week. you never provided options beforehand (besides Fitzpatrick @Broncos over Brees vs Panthers and Rivers over Brees this week) and simply kept saying it's dumb to start Brees. It was a smart play to start Brees yesterday unless you had Manning and it almost always will be. it's because his floor and ceiling are both higher than any non-Peyton QB essentially every week. I'm not sure how you miss that.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Need extra ones for that.

My job isn't to decide your lineups for you. I have my own teams to worry about.

Here again are his home/away splits in FF points:

Home: 21.48, 32.78, 32.72, 33.18, 31.68, 15.10, 28.82

Away: 14.88, 19.32, 17.54, 21.18, 18.52, 7.78, 22.52, 14.14

So, when you say that his floor and ceiling are both higher than any non-Peyton QB essentially ever week you mean at home, right? I know you don't because you simply love the guy too much to consider the actual facts. That is "how I miss that" because I actually do some research.

You are completely missing the point on Fitzpatrick. Do you know over the past six weeks he has had 132 fantasy points. Brees has had 105. I will :popcorn: what you have to say about that. I don't understand why you are being so myopic about that - I already stated I started Brees at home against Carolina. Look at the points above - how can I ignore his production at home?

But since you are so fascinated by that pick, your exercise should be to figure out how Fitzpatrick was "unlucky" not to have at least 10 more fantasy pts against Denver (here's your first hint: Hunter. Here's your second hint: 37-28).

Lastly, if you really do take time to cap Rivers at home against Oakland or Brees or on the road at Carolina, there is only one right answer.

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
hines said:
tjnc09 said:
:lmao: 313/4/0 is the same at 281/1/2 I suppose. Does your league give you 20 automatic fantasy points every time you start Brees?

Week 13, I started Alex Smith over Brees (23.32 vs 7.78)

Week 14, I started Brees - convinced it would be dumb to sit him at home when he had success vs Carolina there

Week 16, I started Cousins over Brees (11.88 vs 14.14 pts) so I guess I am a donkey. HEE HAW!
lol like I said it would have been much more convincing if you said this beforehand. can we get a link to your league? if you did pick right, you got pretty lucky. would have looked smart in reverse if you started Smith over Manning in week 15. most waiver QBs certainly have not outperformed Brees over the past 3 weeks.

and I had nothing against benching him vs Seattle if you had a decent other option.

what is the rolling smiley face for? I

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
JuniorNB said:

My job isn't to decide your lineups for you. I have my own teams to worry about.

So, when you say that his floor and ceiling are both higher than any non-Peyton QB essentially ever week you mean at home, right? I know you don't because you simply love the guy too much to consider the actual facts. That is "how I miss that" because I actually do some research.

You are completely missing the point on Fitzpatrick. Do you know over the past six weeks he has had 132 fantasy points. Brees has had 105. I will :popcorn: what you have to say about that. I don't understand why you are being so myopic about that - I already stated I started Brees at home against Carolina. Look at the points above - how can I ignore his production at home?

But since you are so fascinated by that pick, your exercise should be to figure out how Fitzpatrick was "unlucky" not to have at least 10 more fantasy pts against Denver (here's your first hint: Hunter. Here's your second hint: 37-28).

Lastly, if you really do take time to cap Rivers at home against Oakland or Brees or on the road at Carolina, there is only one right answer.
Do you understand sample size? 7 games is not a big enough sample size. lots of random things can happen home and away over 7 games. look back over the last 3 years, if it had been true all 3 years I'd possibly agree with you. but it wasn't. Brees threw for more yards away than home the previous two years. so did he all of a sudden forget how to play on the road this year? of course not, everyone is slightly worse away than home but the odds that this is actually significant are very low. it's like looking at Keenan Allen this year and determining he can't play well in September or something. there needs to be an actual reason behind basing your decision on splits and I didn't see that anywhere. I don't understand your thinking at all on this issue, I just know it is nowhere near logical. you explain away Ryan Fitzpatrick having a worse game than Brees as bad luck and than explain away Brees having a solid game vs the Rams as luck and Rivers having a worse game than Brees as bad luck. you twist everything you can to bizarrely argue for waiver wire QBs over a guy who is always worth a first rounder. I haven't come close to being convinced of anything except that you are rarely going to succeed looking for reasons to bench guys like Brees

you can use your same looking backwards argument for essentially any player in the NFL. hey, I started Marcel Reece, Matt Asiata, and LeGarrette Blount over Knowshon Moreno because he really struggled at home this year (3.7 YPC). it's always obvious in retrospect

you can use your same looking backwards argument for essentially any player in the NFL. hey, I started Marcel Reece, Matt Asiata, and LeGarrette Blount over Knowshon Moreno because he really struggled at home this year (3.7 YPC). it's always obvious in retrospect
This. Its easy to take the field vs anybody playing the #1 defense on the road.

I started Brees this week over Foles. In the end, I wasn't convinced the Eagles would be trying hard if Dallas won (since the game would be meaningless) and the way to attack Chicago is via the run, and the Eagles have the league's leading rusher, and the Saints needed to win, and blah blah blah.

I talked myself out of benching Brees, but I knew the risks. We have a two-week playoff so I don't know if it cost me a title yet, but I can live with my decision. But I can see where a lot of folks would have started Foles with confidence. I just didn't trust Kelly saying "we'll play hard no matter what." Obviously, they did.

:lmao: look at my first few posts regarding his TD INT splits

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
hines said:
tjnc09 said:
:lmao: 313/4/0 is the same at 281/1/2 I suppose. Does your league give you 20 automatic fantasy points every time you start Brees? Week 13, I started Alex Smith over Brees (23.32 vs 7.78)

lol like I said it would have been much more convincing if you said this beforehand. can we get a link to your league? if you did pick right, you got pretty lucky. would have looked smart in reverse if you started Smith over Manning in week 15. most waiver QBs certainly have not outperformed Brees over the past 3 weeks. and I had nothing against benching him vs Seattle if you had a decent other option.

:lmao: I mentioned Smith earlier in this thread.

You aren't even trying. Go waste someone else's time.

Man, hines is still sticking to his guns about Brees. At this point, anyone who still treats Brees as a sure-start stud on the road, especially outdoors, deserves to lose every fantasy game they play. They've completely ignored every trend and statistic thrown in their face.

Man, hines is still sticking to his guns about Brees. At this point, anyone who still treats Brees as a sure-start stud on the road, especially outdoors, deserves to lose every fantasy game they play. They've completely ignored every trend and statistic thrown in their face.
Like I said he has a man crush on Brees :wub:

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
hines said:
tjnc09 said:
:lmao: 313/4/0 is the same at 281/1/2 I suppose. Does your league give you 20 automatic fantasy points every time you start Brees? Week 13, I started Alex Smith over Brees (23.32 vs 7.78)

lol like I said it would have been much more convincing if you said this beforehand. can we get a link to your league? if you did pick right, you got pretty lucky. would have looked smart in reverse if you started Smith over Manning in week 15. most waiver QBs certainly have not outperformed Brees over the past 3 weeks. and I had nothing against benching him vs Seattle if you had a decent other option.

:lmao: I mentioned Smith earlier in this thread.

You aren't even trying. Go waste someone else's time.
again, a link? and as I said it would have been lucky even if you did start Smith as it would have been a poor decision

I'm starting to think you are all the same account. there can't possibly be 3 legitimate fantasy people who think you deserve to lose every fantasy game for starting Brees on the road every week?

the last 3 seasons in my scoring system, Brees's road stats are good for #5 QB, #1 QB, and #2 QB. I figure the average of that is a pretty fair ranking for him each week on the road (and nudge it down for tough matchups, etc). You can count on him to be about the #3 QB when he is playing on the road. Is that enough trends and stats for you? if you consistently bench the #3 QB you should expect to lose more than you would have. you might get lucky a couple of times but you are lowering your win probability

Assumedly all their teams roster two top 5 QBs giving them the luxury of benching Brees. Or they magically pick right on whatever waiver wire fodder they replace him with. Cutler probly won some SBs for some people right?

Assumedly all their teams roster two top 5 QBs giving them the luxury of benching Brees. Or they magically pick right on whatever waiver wire fodder they replace him with. Cutler probly won some SBs for some people right?
exactly. on any average week there are probably 4 similar options to choose from on waiver wires. maybe you have a 25% chance of picking right and 75% of going worse

are you being serious here? Brees's road stats alone (the entire argument you were using to bench him over and over, except for the home game you inexplicably wanted to bench him for also) have him as the #3 QB the last 3 years. what is your response to that?

11-SF

12-@ATL

13-@SEA

14-CAR

15-@STL

16-@CAR

Looking ahead do you have enough concern to consider another QB? his schedule is tough especially with Carolina twice during most FF playoffs? I really underestimated how good their defense was going to be this year. @SEA and SF will also not be easy games.
Good call

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
JuniorNB said:

Hey tnjc09. I appreciate this thread, and you know it has a lot of traffic for a reason. I picked up Fitzpatrick off the waiver wire based on this thread. In the championship game, I ended up going with Brees based on my gut, my Brees love, and the "always start your studs" rule. Brees put up a sub-par 14.1, outscoring Fitzpatrick by almost 3 full points in my league.

You are right that any given player can outscore any other given player in any given week. You are also right that Drew Brees doesn't play nearly as well on the road. But my argument would be that a Drew Brees disaster is a 14 point game. Whereas we can see what a disaster game for guys like Tannehill and Fitz looks like. Drew's worst isn't going to single handedly win you games, Drew's best will definitely single handedly win you games. That is why the rule is the rule. So I started Brees, and I won the championship game. The points he put up over Fitz weren't quite the difference, but they could have been.

Now, you are right that the matchup was bad, and you were right about the score. But you were wrong about the most important thing: Fitzpatrick was not the better start. He wasn't. Full stop.

That's the problem. It's easy to say "Brees has a bad matchup! Don't start him!" Anybody knows a divisional game for first place on the road in December is a bad matchup for any QB, Brees' road problems aside. The difficulty is giving accurate information about which specific quarterbacks will be better starts. You did not do this this week. This does not make you a bad FF player; on the contrary, I am sure you are a great one. What is does mean is that your condescension and aggression toward other posters are completely unwarranted.

^

exactly.

there is a reason every single fantasy site still ranks Drew Brees ahead of the Fitzys and Smiths of the world: he will almost always outscore them

hines said:
tjnc09 said:
JuniorNB said:

Hey tnjc09. I appreciate this thread, and you know it has a lot of traffic for a reason. I picked up Fitzpatrick off the waiver wire based on this thread. In the championship game, I ended up going with Brees based on my gut, my Brees love, and the "always start your studs" rule. Brees put up a sub-par 14.1, outscoring Fitzpatrick by almost 3 full points in my league.

You are right that any given player can outscore any other given player in any given week. You are also right that Drew Brees doesn't play nearly as well on the road. But my argument would be that a Drew Brees disaster is a 14 point game. Whereas we can see what a disaster game for guys like Tannehill and Fitz looks like. Drew's worst isn't going to single handedly win you games, Drew's best will definitely single handedly win you games. That is why the rule is the rule. So I started Brees, and I won the championship game. The points he put up over Fitz weren't quite the difference, but they could have been.

Now, you are right that the matchup was bad, and you were right about the score. But you were wrong about the most important thing: Fitzpatrick was not the better start. He wasn't. Full stop.

That's the problem. It's easy to say "Brees has a bad matchup! Don't start him!" Anybody knows a divisional game for first place on the road in December is a bad matchup for any QB, Brees' road problems aside. The difficulty is giving accurate information about which specific quarterbacks will be better starts. You did not do this this week. This does not make you a bad FF player; on the contrary, I am sure you are a great one. What is does mean is that your condescension and aggression toward other posters are completely unwarranted.
I didn't recommend Fitzpatrick week 16. I thought he was a good play against Denver. Tenn. secondary has been extremely leaky and if that's the case, you know Peyton is going to shred your defense (they put up 51 pts). Fitzpatrick had been a top 5 QB the prior four weeks after becoming the starting QB. On paper, you have a QB trending upwards against a team who is going to put up a lot of points. Tenn was going to fall behind forcing them to throw the ball a lot. People in this thread (ESPECIALLY hines) are too results oriented. Fitzpatrick was a bad start because he only had X pts or Brees was a good start because he scored Y pts. Fitzpatrick threw a 57 yd bomb to Hunter who was out at the 1 (cost him a TD). When they were down 37-28, in passing catch up mode, CJnoK fumbled which could have cost Fitzpatrick another 6-10 fantasy pts. The suggestion was correct but there is such a thing called variance.

In contrast, hines says I was wrong about the St. Louis game. Brees A) had a rushing TD (how often does that happen), B) threw a 4th down TD (how often does that happen), C) NO recovered an onside kick (how often does that happen resulting in 45 more passing yds for Brees. Sure, he had a decent game in the end, but if you run his scenario vs STL 100 times, 85-90 times he is going to have a mediocre game.

I would have been happy to discuss possible options with anyone but the immediate responses were "Brees is a MUST start" and "Mods, please lock this thread"

I thought this was the shark pool, not the square pool. Why should I waste time on people who won't be open minded for a discussion on alternatives? The games that I pointed out - SF, @SEA, @CAR were not very good games. I said STL wasn't going to be and with the exception of a few lucky 4th qtr plays, I was right. I admitted I was wrong about being home vs. CAR - his home stats were too overwhelming to ignore. Brees has been very mediocre over the past six weeks and whether or not your league had viable options for a replacement QB, no one should argue with me that there wasn't merit for this thread. If somebody can't see that, they really have no idea what they are doing.

^

exactly.

there is a reason every single fantasy site still ranks Drew Brees ahead of the Fitzys and Smiths of the world: he will almost always outscore them
In week 15, David Dodds who has won nearly $50k on FanDuel had Chris Ogbonnaya as the 11th rank RB against Chicago. Do you A) realize why he would rank a marginal player so high above guys like Ryan Matthews and Rashad Jennings (who both outscored Ogbonnaya by A LOT that week) and B) do you think since he only generated 4.6 pts that week, that Dodds does not know what he is doing?

^

exactly.

In week 15, David Dodds who has won nearly $50k on FanDuel had Chris Ogbonnaya as the 11th rank RB against Chicago. Do you A) realize why he would rank a marginal player so high above guys like Ryan Matthews and Rashad Jennings (who both outscored Ogbonnaya by A LOT that week) and B) do you think since he only generated 4.6 pts that week, that Dodds does not know what he is doing?
Rating Chris Ogbonnaya above mediocre fill-ins like Ryan Matthews and Rashad Jennings is nothing at all like rating him over Jamaal Charles.

I love how you discount a bunch of isolated events because they don't fit in with your (silly) thesis, and accept all the isolated events which led to Brees having solid but not amazing performances.

Brees has been very mediocre over the past six weeks and whether or not your league had viable options for a replacement QB, no one should argue with me that there wasn't merit for this thread. If somebody can't see that, they really have no idea what they are doing.
Brees has been the #7 QB over the past six weeks. That's not the #2 QB but it's better than Dalton, Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Rivers, etc.

Brees has been very mediocre over the past six weeks and whether or not your league had viable options for a replacement QB, no one should argue with me that there wasn't merit for this thread. If somebody can't see that, they really have no idea what they are doing.
Brees has been the #7 QB over the past six weeks. That's not the #2 QB but it's better than Dalton, Ryan, Stafford, Luck, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill, Rivers, etc.
Better than people like Dalton? One would hope since he had his BYE WEEK 12. Brees has been much better than him scoring 106.88 pts weeks 11-16 (six games) while Dalton scored 106.16 in five games over that span. :lmao:

In standard scoring, Luck, Fitzpatrick, and Tannehill all scored more points than Brees the last six weeks. He scored five more points than Rivers and I have no idea why Ryan is even mentioned since his WRs have been injured all season long.

Do you also get 20 automatic pts for starting Brees like in the league hines plays in?

^

exactly.

Rating Chris Ogbonnaya above mediocre fill-ins like Ryan Matthews and Rashad Jennings is nothing at all like rating him over Jamaal Charles.

I love how you discount a bunch of isolated events because they don't fit in with your (silly) thesis, and accept all the isolated events which led to Brees having solid but not amazing performances.
Mediocre fill-ins like Ryan Matthews and Rashad Jennings? Matthews has been a top 5 RB the past four+ weeks. Jennings is easily top 10 except for missing time because of his concussion. :lmao:

Better than people like Dalton? One would hope since he had his BYE WEEK 12. Brees has been much better than him scoring 106.88 pts weeks 11-16 (six games) while Dalton scored 106.16 in five games over that span. :lmao: In standard scoring, Luck, Fitzpatrick, and Tannehill all scored more points than Brees the last six weeks. He scored five more points than Rivers and I have no idea why Ryan is even mentioned since his WRs have been injured all season long.

Do you also get 20 automatic pts for starting Brees like in the league hines plays in?
Why are 11-16 sacred?

^

exactly.

yes I do, and that has nothing to do with Drew Brees. QB is a totally different position where talent is more important than opportunity/defense. plus the talent gap between Rashad Jennings and Chris Ogbonnaya is not comparable to the talent gap between Drew Brees and Alex Smith/Fitzpatrick/etc. I feel you have essentially run out of arguments and continue to stretch every single fact you can. Brees on the road has been the #3 QB over his past 24 games. if you think you can keep benching him on the road and get better production that #3 QB, you are simply wrong.

and we are still waiting on your link where you benched Brees. again, I say you got lucky if you did and were making a bad decision.

^

exactly.

yes I do, and that has nothing to do with Drew Brees. QB is a totally different position where talent is more important than opportunity/defense. plus the talent gap between Rashad Jennings and Chris Ogbonnaya is not comparable to the talent gap between Drew Brees and Alex Smith/Fitzpatrick/etc. I feel you have essentially run out of arguments and continue to stretch every single fact you can. Brees on the road has been the #3 QB over his past 24 games. if you think you can keep benching him on the road and get better production that #3 QB, you are simply wrong.

and we are still waiting on your link where you benched Brees. again, I say you got lucky if you did and were making a bad decision.
everything you continue to post is :lmao:

As I mentioned before, go waste someone else's time. You don't understand a very simple concept. Happy Holidays :bye:

Users who are viewing this thread