What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kirk Cousins, ATL (1 Viewer)

pizzatyme

Footballguy
Bobby Three Sticks just not good these days.

Discuss...

<title edited by FBG Mod to help with searching>

Last edited by a moderator:
Was coming here to post the same thing. Griffin is the future but right now I can't imagine he gives this team it's best chance to win. I'd love to see Cousins get a few starts.

Even if they think Cousins is better, I don't think the GM can justify having him start after trading two firsts and a second to trade up to get RG3.

Keep him in just one more week, he plays my Giants next week, wouldn't want a competitive game or anything...

Buffaloes said:
apparently you guys have never heard of an o-line.
Or you've never heard of a QB that holds the ball too long, is too slow in his progressions, and is playing terribly?
yes, it's called a young QB. not everyone is like Indy and can time their suckitude to have Manning and then Luck fall into their laps. Some QBs who aren't once-in-a-generation prospects take thyme to season.
luck looking kinda sucky too

Buffaloes said:
Or you've never heard of a QB that holds the ball too long, is too slow in his progressions, and is playing terribly?
yes, it's called a young QB. not everyone is like Indy and can time their suckitude to have Manning and then Luck fall into their laps. Some QBs who aren't once-in-a-generation prospects take thyme to season.
I'm sure losing Wayne and having no running game has something to do w/ it, but it's probably easier to chalk it up as being a bust

Buffaloes said:
Were you saying this last year? ROY

Buffaloes said:
I don't know and I'm too lazy to look. check my posting history and let me know.

Buffaloes said:
Sucks to be 7-4. Needs more time to develop to beat teams like Denver, Seattle, and these 49ers.

Buffaloes said:
I don't know and I'm too lazy to look. check my posting history and let me know.
I'm not that interested.

The O-line dies make a big difference. Look at Carson Palmer who was getting hammered earlier in the year. He has had 2-3 really good games where his line has kept him clean. Might not hurt to throw Cousins in at some point though, maybe you catch lightning in a bottle...doubtful though

My point is that it was a terrible mistake to draft Cousins. They're not using him, they can't trade him. Bobby is playing poorly. Why not let Cousins show what he has?

I feel like it's to protect the fragile psyche of RG3. Maybe not.

I like Cousins a lot but come one, he'd get killed too. Line doesn't have time to let the receivers run any routes, that's why you see 12 freaking screen passes or more every game. Offense is just horribly bad right now. Bad line, horrible receivers, with no Reed tonight horrible TEs, and yes, Robert isn't playing great either.

I like Cousins a lot but come one, he'd get killed too.
Cousins' line for the season is 5/9 w/ 2 Ints. I watched that game and he was being hit repeatedly after RGIII had been knocked out of the game. Not sure how the op expects Cousins to have a better time when he's taking hits like this playing behind the same OL as RGIII

I like Cousins a lot but come one, he'd get killed too.
Cousins' line for the season is 5/9 w/ 2 Ints. I watched that game and he was being hit repeatedly after RGIII had been knocked out of the game. Not sure how the op expects Cousins to have a better time when he's taking hits like this playing behind the same OL as RGIII
:goodposting:

Shanahan has always preferred smaller more athletic O-linemen. Now this is great for running the ball but when you're down a couple scores and the opposing team knows they've got to throw, they get man handled up the middle. And when you've got the worst defense in the league, you're down a couple scores often.

Cousins wouldn't do any better than RG3. Same issues: No O-line help means he would be under constant duress, just like Bob Griffin. No protection. Not a QB issue, it's a protection issue. Anyone with two eyes and a brain can see that.

Maybe the Skins can lose out and get Bridgewater? You can have 3 active QBs, right?
I've defended your posting in the past. I'm starting to see the antagonistic nature of it.I know you don't care. Just a realization I had.
I think they're hard headed in leaving RG3 in there. Why not let him sit back and take it in? What could possibly hurt by playing Cousins?
What could hurt? How about your franchise QB losing confidence? How about your franchise quarterback losing valuable game reps? Both of those things could hurt.

They invested a lot in RGIII; way too much to give up on him after less than 2 years, and if they went to Cousins now, when Griffin is healthy, that's the signal they would be sending.

The fact is that their Defense is way too old, their offensive line is playing like crap lately, and their receivers are all hurt (save Garcon). When you couple that with the fact that they were playing a very good pass defense. SF has only allowed 5 QBs to throw for 200+ this year (& 3 of those were in blowout wins where they probably played prevent late in the game).

This was a game you couldn't expect RGIII to do well in. They aren't getting into the playoffs, they need to let RGIII play, and hopefully, learn.

Russell Wilson did just fine without three of the 5 starters in. Keep making excuses for bobby griff 3.
I'm assuming you are talking about their most recent game against Minny? RGIII had just as good a game as Wilson, when he played the Vikings.

The competition you face matters, as does the team around you. Against the 49ers, Wilson's line was remarkably similar to RGIII:

8/19 (42%), 142 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 33 yards rushing. Save for the 1 passing TD, the stats were almost identical. If you want to talk about W/L, then you have to get back to the team around them.

Wilson is playing great, but he has a great D, good O-line, great RB, and a good coaching staff. RGIII has a team with a bad HC or OC (or both) right now, a bad O-line, a old D, and last night at least, his receiving corps was decimated.

Russell Wilson did just fine without three of the 5 starters in. Keep making excuses for bobby griff 3.
I think it is a lot of both. I see rg3 holding onto the ball way too long, I also see him get next to no time to throw or think for that matter.

Redskins oline is not good at pass blocking, thats evident, but RG3 doesn't help with his indecision and poor play reads.

after watching rg3 last night that dude is going to get killed playing the way he plays. He took about 4-5 solid unnecessary shots while he was scrambling and not throwing the ball away

Heard that excuse with the Raiders & Terrell Pryor and then McGloin came in and there were no problems with the O-line after that. Yet another weak excuse. Lets go to the source - RG the TURD.

I don't think he's #1. RG3 was rushed back into the lineup.
It's 12 weeks into the season, that excuse is expired.
Honestly I didnt think RG3 was all that good last year. Certainly not the second coming that Espn and the skin fans made him out to be
Dude had his shot, he stinks, time to look at other options. There is enough game film now that teams game plan for his 'skills'. it's a pretty easy game plan. When there is no film, most running QBs look like they are the greatest thing ever and fool most of the commoners out there.

Users who are viewing this thread