What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kirk Cousins, ATL (2 Viewers)

Your sample size is horrible.
Good point. Please feel free to provide some of your other player evaluations for 2014, and we can (avoid those players you endorse, and)

evaluate them after next season.
Funny you say that. I netted $10K in the FFPC THIS YEAR. It can be verified by several in this board. How about you?
Blind squirrels get nuts on occasion. Broken clocks are right twice a day. Fish catch inside straight draws when all-in sometimes. An up year in fantasy football can be had by anyone.
Yep, won $4500 last year too. FFPC $750 entry fee draftmasters...feel free to look it up.

2009 FFPC regular season highest scoring team $1000

2009 FFPC 6th place finish overall, yep more cash

Thanks for playing
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I'm sure your documented FF success is much better. Congrats.
Are you implying yours is documented? Please send these things to Shuke so we can confirm. TIA. :bye:

Seriously, what do the Vikings have to give up to get this guy?
They can get 56.2% completions, 6.5 yards/attempt, 8 TDs and 10 INTs, 68.6 passer rating, 1-3 record as a starter, from guys already on the squad. Both Cassell and Ponder did better than that this year.

They can get 56.2% completions, 6.5 yards/attempt, 8 TDs and 10 INTs, 68.6 passer rating, 1-3 record as a starter, from guys already on the squad. Both Cassell and Ponder did better than that this year.
Peyton Manning completed 56% of his passes, had 26 TD/28 INT's, and a passer rating of 71.2 his rookie year. A lot of QB's start off slow.

But Cassell isn't under contract for next year and they are done with Ponder...so it is a matter of if Cousins is better than whatever will be left for them at #8 (or in the 2nd or 3rd round).

Peyton Manning completed 56% of his passes, had 26 TD/28 INT's, and a passer rating of 71.2 his rookie year. A lot of QB's start off slow.
Cousins is a second-year player; I was giving him the benefit of the doubt by including the one decent game he's played, which was in his rookie year. If you want to look only at what Cousins did in his second year, those numbers go to 52.3%, 4 TD, 7 INT, 5.5 yards/attempt, 58.4 passer rating, 0-3 record. Every season Ponder and Cassel have played has been better than that.

But Cassell isn't under contract for next year and they are done with Ponder...so it is a matter of if Cousins is better than whatever will be left for them at #8 (or in the 2nd or 3rd round).
Or in free agency. Vick and Josh McCown, have better cred than Cousins, and I'd even look at Sanchez before Cousins if I have to give up anything to get Cousins. And there are probably four or five QBs in the draft who are solidly better prospects than Cousins.

People said much the same about Nick Foles last season and this summer. I believe there was even chatter of possibly cutting Foles in camp as he "didn't fit the system". Due to need he got a hot and excelled on a GOOD OFFENSE.

All I'm saying is Cousins hasn't had that opportunity yet.

Last year when the Skins offense was GOOD Cousins did well. Not so much this season when the team and especially the offense was BAD.

Cousins has certainly proven he sucks on a BAD offense. Of course the same can be said of most QBs. Even a future HOF QB like Brady has looked bad at times this year when the offense was BAD. I'm not saying Brady is bad as we have a much larger sample size.

This is difficult or some to comprehend. I'm not a fan of Cousins. I'm a pseudo fan of the Skins and started this thread because I could see that Griffin was struggling. He was also struggling on a BAD offense, so I give him a pass for this year and hope he returns next season stronger and gets back to a dominant level.

Clear enough?

People said much the same about Nick Foles last season and this summer. I believe there was even chatter of possibly cutting Foles in camp as he "didn't fit the system". Due to need he got a hot and excelled on a GOOD OFFENSE.

All I'm saying is Cousins hasn't had that opportunity yet.

Last year when the Skins offense was GOOD Cousins did well. Not so much this season when the team and especially the offense was BAD.

Cousins has certainly proven he sucks on a BAD offense. Of course the same can be said of most QBs. Even a future HOF QB like Brady has looked bad at times this year when the offense was BAD. I'm not saying Brady is bad as we have a much larger sample size.

This is difficult or some to comprehend. I'm not a fan of Cousins. I'm a pseudo fan of the Skins and started this thread because I could see that Griffin was struggling. He was also struggling on a BAD offense, so I give him a pass for this year and hope he returns next season stronger and gets back to a dominant level.

Clear enough?
Griffin may have been struggling relative to his rookie season, but he actually had a decent passing year. Certainly far better than Cousins did. 82.2 rating and 7.02 yards/attempt are in the middle of the NFL pack; not as good as his rookie season, but way better than Cousins or any of the others listed here.

Am I alone in thinking the Skins should dial up the Texans to see if they would part with a couple 2s, this year and next, for Griffin? Skins rid themselves of RG3, recoup some pics while he still holds market value, and roll with Cousins. If he's good, they have a keeper, if he stinks, draft your franchise guy next year. Being a Texas guy, RG3 would be a great sell for the Texans.

Calbear, I'm not disagreeing here. He was down compared to least season and many of his stats came with the team down big due to the porous defense.

Should he have been benched? Maybe not. However, it served several purposes:

Protected him from injury

Got the Shanahans fired

"Exposed" Cousins

Gave him a chance to watch from the sidelines

Maybe fired him up to get better, bigger, badder

The only negative there to me is diminishing the possible trade value of Cousins. And that's if anyone other than a message board mob was even considering that.

Am I alone in thinking the Skins should dial up the Texans to see if they would part with a couple 2s, this year and next, for Griffin? Skins rid themselves of RG3, recoup some pics while

he still holds market value, and roll with Cousins. If he's good, they have a keeper, if he stinks, draft your franchise guy next year. Being a Texas guy, RG3 would be a great sell for the

Texans.
Prepare to be flamed. There are a lot of Griffin ball washers on this board who are Skins fans it appears. This is blasphemy!

Am I alone in thinking the Skins should dial up the Texans to see if they would part with a couple 2s, this year and next, for Griffin? Skins rid themselves of RG3, recoup some pics while he still holds market value, and roll with Cousins. If he's good, they have a keeper, if he stinks, draft your franchise guy next year. Being a Texas guy, RG3 would be a great sell for the Texans.
You're not alone, but there's a reason the short bus is short.

Ultimately, I think getting rid of Shanahan will prove to be a huge positive for Washington and Griffin so the short-term lunacy of benching Griffin may end up working out in the long run.

However, if there was damage done to Cousins' trade value - and it's difficult to believe there wasn't considering how unimpressive he generally was - that could be a huge negative consequence. Griffin is clearly the future at quarterback and in my opinion clearly the superior talent. So really Cousins' best value to the team comes in the form of potential trade compensation. Given how important the position is there's always a chance some team (and it just takes one) will overpay for Cousins but I think the element of the unknown with Cousins was working in the team's favor. Now that cat's out of the bag unless/until he gets another shot (which could happen since Griffin's style of play would seem to lend itself to injuries, similar to what Vick's gone through in his career).

I don't think Washington would've looked to trade Cousins this coming offseason (that was just more gibberish from a delusional Shanahan) but there's no point to it now. Unless a team really overpaid for him you'd be Selling Low.

Last edited by a moderator:
If my QB isn't a leader I don't want him and there's been alot of talk in that direction re RG3. If he goes out and stinks it up next year, his value is gone.

If my QB isn't a leader I don't want him and there's been alot of talk in that direction re RG3. If he goes out and stinks it up next year, his value is gone.
Newton went through many of the same things last season (also his second year) and things turned out rather well for him and the Panthers. I know it isn't always easy to be patient but when you have someone who clearly has elite talent I think you need to show plenty of patience - and then plenty more - to ensure you've done everything possible to get him to play at that elite level his talent has shown he can reach.

Newton went through many of the same things last season (also his second year) and things turned out rather well for him and the Panthers. I know it isn't always easy to be patient but when you have someone who clearly has elite talent I think you need to show plenty of patience - and then plenty more - to ensure you've done everything possible to get him to play at that elite level his talent has shown he can reach.
Good point with Newton. I'm not a fan of his either and I question whether he has the intangibles to raise his team to the pinnacle but he has advanced.

Not happening.

The only thing such a trade would accomplish would be to give some message board posters who don't like Griffin a "Ha!. Told you so!" moment. It would do nothing but damage for the Redskins.

fatness said:
JetMaxx said:
The only thing such a trade would accomplish would be to give some message board posters who don't like Griffin a "Ha!. Told you so!" moment. It would do nothing but damage for the Redskins.
If Griffin is as poor a leader as has been rumored it might be the best thing they could do.

fatness said:
JetMaxx said:
If Griffin is as poor a leader as has been rumored it might be the best thing they could do.
You're doing yourself a disservice, listening to that kind of moronic rumor-mongering.

cstu said:
CalBear said:
FunkyPlutos said:
Cousins is much closer to Cassell than Manning. I don't think that's arguable. Or maybe in Shark Pool it is.

fatness said:
JetMaxx said:

fatness said:
JetMaxx said:
Seriously? Please find a legitimate source that says RG3 is a poor leader. Every rumor that suggested that was shot down by teammates and people within the organization. Is this stemming from the whole "OL don't help RG3 up" non-story?

Good point. Please feel free to provide some of your other player evaluations for 2014, and we can (avoid those players you endorse, and)

Funny you say that. I netted $10K in the FFPC THIS YEAR. It can be verified by several in this board. How about you?
Blind squirrels get nuts on occasion. Broken clocks are right twice a day. Fish catch inside straight draws when all-in sometimes. An up year in fantasy football can be had by anyone.
Yep, won $4500 last year too. FFPC $750 entry fee draftmasters...feel free to look it up.

2009 FFPC regular season highest scoring team $1000

Thanks for playing
Then you should have NO trepidation about sharing your projections prior to next season, right?

It's very easy, after the fact, to say "I was right." It's much harder to make predictions ahead of time, and then actually be right.

As of right now, you are 0 for 1 on this board. You predicted that Cousins was the "real #1" in Washington ahead of time, and after the fact you were proven to be completely wrong.

Don't brag about money you won (or are pretending to have won), because maybe you did win & maybe you didn't; but no one knows if you used your own predictions, just followed the "experts," got some lucky picks, etc. That's not the question here, what is, is your ability to analyze players/situations and accurately predict how they will play out.

• Smile
Reactions: rct

Blind squirrels get nuts on occasion. Broken

clocks are right twice a day. Fish catch inside straight draws when all-in sometimes. An up year in fantasy football can be had by anyone.
Yep, won $4500 last year too. FFPC $750 entry fee draftmasters...feel free to look it up.2009 FFPC regular season highest scoring team

$1000

Thanks for playing
Then you should have NO trepidation about sharing your projections prior to next season, right?It's very easy, after the fact, to say "I was right." It's much harder to make predictions ahead of

time, and then actually be right.

As of right now, you are 0 for 1 on this board. You predicted that Cousins was the "real #1" in

Washington ahead of time, and after the fact you were proven to be completely wrong.

Don't brag about money you won (or are

pretending to have won), because maybe you did win & maybe you didn't; but no one knows if you used your own predictions, just followed the "experts," got some lucky picks, etc. That's not

the question here, what is, is your ability to analyze players/situations and accurately predict how they will play out.
First off, nothing has been proven. Griffin failed, Cousins failed. Technically, I was proven to be right because the last 3 games of the season Cousins WAS the #1. So, I am 1-0. As for projections, I utilize FBGs and then go from there to adjust projections, make selections, and build my teams. Results are an indicator of preparation. My sample size is large enough to show that it's not just a blind squirrel effect.

You are more than welcome to join me in Vegas next year for the FFPC drafts. I'm in all of the Draftmasters. Many of my opponents who play in high stakes are on this board, so I'm not going to stupidly post projections, but since you feel the need to call me out then put your money where your mouth is.

Am I alone in thinking the Skins should dial up the Texans to see if they would part with a couple 2s, this year and next, for Griffin? Skins rid themselves of RG3, recoup some pics while

he still holds market value, and roll with Cousins. If he's good, they have a keeper, if he stinks, draft your franchise guy next year. Being a Texas guy, RG3 would be a great sell for the

Texans.
Prepare to be flamed. There are a lot of Griffin ball washers on this board who are Skins fans it appears. This is blasphemy!
This is not your Dynasty league where you can just grab a staring QB off the waiver wire at anytime when your QB drops a few duds in a row, or insert your backup until you starter has a better matchup. You don't give up on the kind of player RG3 has shown to be in his second season. Don't be so irrational, relax. Right now just worry about if the next head coach will come in and fully commit to using RG3 skill set, unlike Shananhan.

How many backup QBs have been traded?

How many amounted to anything?

Honest questions.
Off the top of my head:

Successes

Brett Favre

Matt Hasselbeck

Moderately successful

Matt Shaub

Matt Cassell

Disasters

AJ Feeley

Jim Druckenmiller
I'd put 2 time Pro Bowler Schaub in the successful list.

Despite one good season from Cassel I think he was a disaster considering the money they paid him and the 34th overall pick they gave up.

Ultimately, I think getting rid of Shanahan will prove to be a huge positive for Washington and Griffin so the short-term lunacy of benching Griffin may end up working out in the long run.

However, if there was damage done to Cousins' trade value - and it's difficult to believe there wasn't considering how unimpressive he generally was - that could be a huge negative consequence. Griffin is clearly the future at quarterback and in my opinion clearly the superior talent. So really Cousins' best value to the team comes in the form of potential trade compensation. Given how important the position is there's always a chance some team (and it just takes one) will overpay for Cousins but I think the element of the unknown with Cousins was working in the team's favor. Now that cat's out of the bag unless/until he gets another shot (which could happen since Griffin's style of play would seem to lend itself to injuries, similar to what Vick's gone through in his career).

I don't think Washington would've looked to trade Cousins this coming offseason (that was just more gibberish from a delusional Shanahan) but there's no point to it now. Unless a team really overpaid for him you'd be Selling Low.
The point would be to get rid of the QB controversy and put the team's full faith in Griffin.

Good point. Please feel free to provide some of your other player evaluations for 2014, and wecan (avoid those players you endorse, and)

Funny you say that. I netted $10K in the FFPC THIS YEAR. It can be verified by several in this board.How about you?
Blind squirrels get nuts on occasion. Broken

clocks are right twice a day. Fish catch inside straight draws when all-in sometimes. An up year in fantasy football can be had by anyone.
Yep, won $4500 last year too. FFPC $750 entry fee draftmasters...feel free to look it up.2009 FFPC regular season highest scoring team

$1000

Thanks for playing
Then you should have NO trepidation about sharing your projections prior to next season, right?It's very easy, after the fact, to say "I was right." It's much harder to make predictions ahead of

time, and then actually be right.

As of right now, you are 0 for 1 on this board. You predicted that Cousins was the "real #1" in

Washington ahead of time, and after the fact you were proven to be completely wrong.

Don't brag about money you won (or are

pretending to have won), because maybe you did win & maybe you didn't; but no one knows if you used your own predictions, just followed the "experts," got some lucky picks, etc. That's not

the question here, what is, is your ability to analyze players/situations and accurately predict how they will play out.
First off, nothing has been proven. Griffin failed, Cousins failed. Technically, I was proven to be right because the last 3 games of the season Cousins WAS the #1. So, I am 1-0.As for projections, I utilize FBGs and then go from there to adjust projections, make selections, and build my teams. Results are an indicator of preparation. My sample size is large enough to show that it's not just a blind squirrel effect.

You are more than welcome to join me in Vegas next year for the FFPC drafts. I'm in all of the Draftmasters. Many of my opponents who play in high stakes are on this board, so I'm not going to stupidly post projections, but since you feel the need to call me out then put your money where your mouth is.
I didn't think you'd have the guts to do so. As I said, it's easy to say, after the fact, "I was right about this." Much harder to make predictions ahead of time. It's okay that you aren't confident enough to do so, just don't make up stories about why you won't share your "brilliant" skill at evaluating NFL players/situations.

As for what was "proven," the thread YOU started is titled:

"When does Kirk Cousins get his chance to show he's the #1"He very clearly showed by his performance that he is not the #1. The only thing that has been proven in this thread is that you were wrong. Kirk Cousins didn't show he was a #1, far from it.

The point would be to get rid of the QB controversy and put the team's full faith in Griffin.
Cousin's game tape should be enough to handle that.

Why would anyone put their projections out in this board for free?

I'm happy to do top 10 lists, etc. and even those would contain misdirection.

I know you probably can't grasp the idea that knowledge is money, but you should try.

Cousin's game tape should be enough to handle that.
It won't matter, a couple of bad games by Griffin and people will be clamoring for Cousins.

Why would anyone put their projections out in this board for free?

I know you probably can't grasp the idea that knowledge is money, but you should try.
Right, because people are going to take your projections to the bank, brohans.

Why would anyone put their projections out in

this board for free?

Right, because people are going to take your projections to the bank, brohans.
No, I'm taking my projections to the bank, pal.

Users who are viewing this thread