What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Kirk Cousins, ATL (2 Viewers)

Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins had a miserable game on Thursday night, throwing four interceptions that the Giants say were easy to see coming.Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara said that the first player on the team to notice it was defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, who during film study over the last few days began to see that Cousins had certain tells. Pierre-Paul passed that knowledge on to his teammates in the secondary.

“JPP even saw it, he told us that [Cousins] was staring down his receivers,” Amukamara said.
Maybe keep that one in your pocket for the next meeting?

I watched a decent amount of the game and man did he force deeper throws to WRs when he didn't need to do that. Morris and Helu looked great with some nice runs on short passes and it looked like they were open a lot more, but he just heaved up awful passes to double teamed WRs. Once they were down 10, it seemed like he was trying to throw an 80 yard TD like last week and wasn't close. I think it might have been the 1st or 2nd INT when they were down 24-14 after Morris' TD and Morris was wide open for a 5 yard pass on 1st or 2nd down with a decent chance to make one move and get a 1st down. Instead he tossed it up to Garcon who was blanketed and took long enough that the safety had an easy INT. That play was a microcosm of his play. They were coming back, scored, stopped the Giants and he didn't feel like grinding out another good drive. The Redskins D was finally playing a bit better and then he wore them out to the point that they had nothing and the rout was on.
This is a pretty good summary of when (and how) the game went from competitive to Godzilla vs. the Hamsters.

Haven't seen the tide turn for a player this much in a long time. 3 days ago he was a solid QB1 start and the new long term QB for the Redskins, RGIII is done maybe has to go to another team to be a starter again.

Now Cousins is just a typical backup QB and everybody should be dropping him. So weird. The guy is young and had a bad game. I'm not dropping him yet.

Cousins has a lot of upside under Gruden & especially with the receiving corps he has at his disposal (when all are healthy). He played well against the Jags & was shockingly good against the Eagles before flopping last night.

I'm convinced RG3 will never make it & he's simply too damn fragile to be a starting NFL QB. Like all inexperienced QBs, Cousins needs to improve his consistency. If he does, we're looking at a top FF QB. Look at the butt ugly games guys like Peyton & Brady have had during their careers. And that was with much more experience than what Cousins has (he's only started a half dozen games or so).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cousins has a lot of upside under Gruden & especially with the receiving corps he has at his disposal (when all are healthy). He played well against the Jags & was shockingly good against the Eagles before flopping last night.
Cousins had a chance to win the Eagles game and failed. It's not the first game he had a chance to win, but lost. He doesn't win games. He starts fast, and fades, and those are his good games. Other games he starts average, and fades. That's exactly what happened in the 3 games he started last season, and it's what's happening now. He has not proven himself to be a capable backup QB yet.

In fantasy ball he may have some value, since sometimes he'll roll up some good stats in some games. But in the NFL he's not even a good backup yet. The only offer the Redskins got for him in the offseason was a 4th round pick from the Browns. His NFL value is probably lower than that now. If anyone thinks the Redskins (coaches and players) are confident with Cousins at QB for their next game, think again.

Young QBs are supposed to have a negative TD to INT ratio their first 1-3 years. Then you should start to see the TDs outnumber the INTs.

Way too early to know for sure.

Young QBs are supposed to have a negative TD to INT ratio their first 1-3 years. Then you should start to see the TDs outnumber the INTs.
What?

You mean people were clamoring that this guy should start in place of Griffin because he had a higher turnover rate than Griffin?

Great bounce back game vs. Seattle. I have my doubts though that they will be smart enough to hand him the keys for the rest if the year though. They invested too much in RG3.

Great bounce back game vs. Seattle. I have my doubts though that they will be smart enough to hand him the keys for the rest if the year though. They invested too much in RG3.
1-7 as a starter, will get the Kyle Orton treatment from when he was in Denver.

I was very impressed with this throws tonight, and more importantly, other than 1 throw over the middle that should have been picked, his decision making was good. I think with those WR's he's going to have some monster fantasy games. As a real QB leading teams to victory I'm not so sure - but that arm combined with those weapons are worth something. Good bounce back vs a tough defense.

Definitely looked better this week against a tough Seattle D. Got away with a few passes that should have been picked off and was throwing behind WRs early. Once he got settled in he looked good. Still don't think he's much more than a really good backup that could fill in a few games if need be. His record as a starter is 1-6 and he's lost his last 6.

I was very impressed with this throws tonight, and more importantly, other than 1 throw over the middle that should have been picked, his decision making was good. I think with those WR's he's going to have some monster fantasy games. As a real QB leading teams to victory I'm not so sure - but that arm combined with those weapons are worth something. Good bounce back vs a tough defense.
He had a really nice 2nd half... hopefully built his confidence back up

Cousins looked very sharp against a very good defense. The Skins play calling was not good with all the stretch plays into the fastest D in the league. Let's hope this improves. The Skins Defense played their best game of the season.

Supposed to?
Please tell me Elway and Montana's TD-INT% their first years. Most guy take a season or two worth of starts before they see the TDs rise exponentially.

I do like how you guys are being obtuse for arguments sake alone.

I think cousins has proven he is an nfl starter. I can name 10 guys I would take him over that are starting for other teams.

Griffin has proven he can start too, but not in a pure nfl pocket passer system. He needs a coach that will find and use his talents like has been down with Wilson, kapernick, etc

The redskins are just not a good team. OL is mediocre. Defense is horrid. Seattle would have put up 35+ if not for penalties. They have a long way to be a playoff contender. But QB is fr from being their biggest issue.

Supposed to?
Please tell me Elway and Montana's TD-INT% their first years. Most guy take a season or two worth of starts before they see the TDs rise exponentially.

I do like how you guys are being obtuse for arguments sake alone.
Montana's first season as a starter was 15 TDs / 9 INTs and 19 TDs / 12 INTs his second

Elway's was 7 TDs / 14 TDs his first season and 18 TDs / 15 INTs his second

Anything else I can look up for you?

To think I spent FAB on this guy. I mean I did start him one week and get good production, but man is he a joke.

I didn't get to see the game but he beat his projection in my league. I think I'm going to get rid of him though because he's not winning and I feel they will replace him with RG3 when he's healthy enough.

Ilov80s said:
To think I spent FAB on this guy. I mean I did start him one week and get good production, but man is he a joke.
huh? For fantasy purposes hes been pretty damn good. 4 weeks with 25+ pts in my league with one stinker.

Rotoworld:

Kirk Cousins completed 24-of-38 passes for 354 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions in the Redskins' Week 6 loss to Arizona.

Cousins got the Redskins on the board early in the second quarter by threading a 64-yard touchdown dart to DeSean Jackson, who whipped Patrick Peterson. Cousins hit Pierre Garcon for a five-yard score to give Washington some late-game life, but was pick sixed on the Redskins' ensuing possession by Cardinals S Rashad Johnson. Just a week-to-week streamer QB in fantasy, Cousins will continue to be a turnover-prone option next week against the Titans, albeit with upside. Jay Gruden is letting Cousins be a gunslinger.

Oct 12 - 8:23 PM

He's OK with the right matchup for fantasy purposes. He makes BAD mistakes. I can't believe that last pick 6 - who was he throwing to? If his first read his open he's good - but if he has to go through projections he's screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread