What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****Official Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Online deals thread**** (4 Viewers)

As far as TV pricing, will same deals be around close to xmas or are these truly the best deals and if needed in January buy today?
Most of the time the stuff on sale now is end of stock so the TV in theory won't exist to buy by the new year or sooner.  Not sure how true that is with the current supply chain. 

Read some story the other day that oled TV prices are going to really drop next year
If needed late January you think it's worth waiting out or too soon? On the Samsung site now debating......may hedge and get one now and the second later. 

I care.  My only cyber Monday activity today was a big order from my local wine/booze place.  They had some ridiculous prices today.  I got some bourbon, scotch, Old Tom gin, a fantastic cognac, 3 sparkling rose for my assistants at work, and a dozen or so bottles of wine.
Cyber? Unfortunately nobody here likes deals on booze. 

If needed late January you think it's worth waiting out or too soon? On the Samsung site now debating......may hedge and get one now and the second later. 
Think you got to wait longer but whenever you get one another better cheaper one is right behind it.  Just part of the game but I'm sure you know this already

Yep. The OLEDs are the only ones I can noticeably tell the difference. 
Just bought a 50 inch LG for 225 for my son's game room and I can tell a huge difference between it and my 65 inch Sony x900f, obviously.  But as far as anything in the 1k range, it's not a huge difference. I haven't seen one of the OLEDs. Are they the top of the line now?  What do they cost? 

Just bought a 50 inch LG for 225 for my son's game room and I can tell a huge difference between it and my 65 inch Sony x900f, obviously.  But as far as anything in the 1k range, it's not a huge difference. I haven't seen one of the OLEDs. Are they the top of the line now?  What do they cost? 
Yeah, they’re a leap ahead. Particularly the black levels. They have come way down as well. Can get a 55 for a little over a grand or so and a 65 for 15-1600 on sale. 

Meh.

This has been a great holiday sales week if you're interested in one of those doorbell/8 camera systems.  Other than that? :shrug:  

The last three TVs I've purchased.

• 2005 - LG 50" plasma = $4,000
  • 2013 - Samsung 42" LED = $700
  • 2019 - LG 50" LED 4K UHD = $275
lol
Last tv I got was on the great fbg panny vt deal.  2012?!?

Edit. Actually got a Roku tcl for outside two years back for less than Otis pays for a single yardservice

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, they’re a leap ahead. Particularly the black levels. They have come way down as well. Can get a 55 for a little over a grand or so and a 65 for 15-1600 on sale. 
This is me. That 65 inch OLED needs to drop below $1500 for me to pull the trigger. I've been watching it for close to 2 years now, but still can't spend $1700 on it. I've been tempted to get the 65' QLED for $1200 more than once, but holding out for the LG. I'm thinking that the deals next spring will be the tipping point for me. 

This is me. That 65 inch OLED needs to drop below $1500 for me to pull the trigger. I've been watching it for close to 2 years now, but still can't spend $1700 on it. I've been tempted to get the 65' QLED for $1200 more than once, but holding out for the LG. I'm thinking that the deals next spring will be the tipping point for me. 
That was me and then I looked at the 75" prices since I already had a 60" this would replace. Decided to go with the TCL Series 6 TCL 75" for 1300. Don't regret it at all. Is it as good as the LG OLED C9? Nope but can't touch 70" OLED for under 5k, so this is the bridge TV for me.

Probably missed all the deals, but any advice where to get a Nintendo Switch? My 10 year old has been asking for one. 

How about Airpods? Not looking for the newest gen with the soft tips but the last one (2nd gen?). Looks like they are sold out lots of places. Any deals.

That was me and then I looked at the 75" prices since I already had a 60" this would replace. Decided to go with the TCL Series 6 TCL 75" for 1300. Don't regret it at all. Is it as good as the LG OLED C9? Nope but can't touch 70" OLED for under 5k, so this is the bridge TV for me.
Picked up this Sony 75" a while back when my LG plasma finally died.  Was $1499 at the time and well worth it.  Down to about $1100 now.  Highly recommend. 

Sony - 75" Class - LED - X800G Series

That's the thing. I'm not going for a bridge TV. I've thought about it. And maybe I will with that QLED, but right now I'm holding out. I don't know if I have the strength to hold out. Particularly with an unexpected business deal coming before the end of the year that would be quite lucrative. But as of right now, standing pat on my island of sub par TV's with a bridge to no where. 

Purchased more than I anticipated the past 3-4 days. Eero Pro (2), Dyson V10 Absolute, 32” PC monitor (2560x1440), another 4K Firestick, & a few smaller things for my kid. Good times. 

That's the thing. I'm not going for a bridge TV. I've thought about it. And maybe I will with that QLED, but right now I'm holding out. I don't know if I have the strength to hold out. Particularly with an unexpected business deal coming before the end of the year that would be quite lucrative. But as of right now, standing pat on my island of sub par TV's with a bridge to no where. 
Just do it. It’s only a few hundred bucks. Life is too short. It’s a game changer.

I’d been following OLED when they were $7k-$9k or whatever. My notes show $2,800 on Black Friday 2016 best I saw. For 65”.

In 4/2018 I bought a 65 for $1,899 online. I’m still amazed at how nice it is. Coming up on two years with it. 

If it goes to $1,500 like you say I may get another one. 

This is looking like it was a phenomenal deal.  It's HUGE, picture looks great, the screen is NOT flimsy, and the android OS works just fine.  I sold my old 50" 720p plasma for $100 to somebody on Facebook local marketplace, so yeah... #winning

Thanks @rascal!
Glad I saw this. Just did the exact same thing. Listed my 720p 10 year old plasma for $100 a few hours after listing it.  Brings me down to being out 150 on a new 4K 50 inch LG. I can deal with that. 

Does it work really well?
yes, we've opened the door while on vacation for my dad who needed a tool. I work from home and when my daughter gets off the bus, she texts me and I dont need to leave my office. I use to be notorious for driving away and forgetting to shut the door from my car remote, so if I get a block or 2 away and realize it, I can check the app, see if its open (it come with a open/closed sensor) and then shut it without having to double back to the house 

Johnny Rock said:
Just do it. It’s only a few hundred bucks. Life is too short. It’s a game changer.

I’d been following OLED when they were $7k-$9k or whatever. My notes show $2,800 on Black Friday 2016 best I saw. For 65”.

In 4/2018 I bought a 65 for $1,899 online. I’m still amazed at how nice it is. Coming up on two years with it. 

If it goes to $1,500 like you say I may get another one. 
I have a handful business deals that are being finalized right now that probably won't get squared away until the Super Bowl sales. That would be perfect timing for me to snag that TV. 

I have a handful business deals that are being finalized right now that probably won't get squared away until the Super Bowl sales. That would be perfect timing for me to snag that TV. 
My problem is I decided that 75" was the min for me (glad I went that size it's amazing). No way could I wait for the OLEDs to drop to a reasonable price on that size. Those are going to be north of 3k for a few more years I think.

My problem is I decided that 75" was the min for me (glad I went that size it's amazing). No way could I wait for the OLEDs to drop to a reasonable price on that size. Those are going to be north of 3k for a few more years I think.
Tell me about it. I'm wresting with that right now myself. I could get the QLED 75 for the same as the OLED 65 and for a couple hun more, I could have the QLED 82. I just got a little tingly just typing 82. 

Tell me about it. I'm wresting with that right now myself. I could get the QLED 75 for the same as the OLED 65 and for a couple hun more, I could have the QLED 82. I just got a little tingly just typing 82. 
So you know my thoughts on the best display technology. Big fan of OLED and only have had plasmas. I have the 75 TCL Series 6. I am very impressed with the picture, ~170 local dimming zones. At 1300 it's a no brainer for me since we have 8k coming, this will hold until the 8ks are reasonable. The problem with an expensive TV is your going to sit on it a while and you won't be able to take advantage of new technology as it matures. Dolby Vision and HDR are amazing, so glad I jumped on the 4k train.

Users who are viewing this thread