What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I starting (fill in) over Tony Romo this week (1 Viewer)

Gopher State

Footballguy
Made it to the playoffs with Tony, but its December and Tony likes to go on vacation early. Worried the Big D will run the ball against GB like crazy. Thinking of going with Luck, what you got

I'm starting Romo.

Only other option is Flacco in a pretty good matchup @DET.

Romo couldn't ask for a better matchup. GB D in general poor. Should be able to run, but that should create a comfortable pocket.

No A. Rodgers, but Flynn should be able to move the ball on the Dallas D and keep the Dallas offense from going to sleep.

Safe play with upside if they throw on the goaline.

Last year over 5 games in Dec, Romo went for 1550 yards at 8.3 a pop with a 12:4 TD-INT ratio

In 2011 over 4 games Romo went 900 yards at 8.3 a pop with an 8:0 TD-INT ratio

In 2010 he was injured

In 2009 over 4 games, Romo went for 1240 yards at 7.9 a pop with a 7:1 TD-INT ratio

I think I'll stick with the proven December volume...

would you guys start Russel Wilson at NYG over Romo?

Has anyone looked at the yardage totals of Romo over the last several weeks vs. some sorry defenses? He just isn't getting it done and I don't know why I would expect it to all the sudden get any better?

I keep going back and forth between Luck and Romo, but what concerns me is over the past 5 games the only team allowing more rushing yards per game then the Packers are the Bears. Then you add in Murray's 5.3 season yards per rush, and the poor Dallas defense, it seems if your the Cowboys your game plan will be Murray and more Murray to control the clock and keep the defense on the sideline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone looked at the yardage totals of Romo over the last several weeks vs. some sorry defenses? He just isn't getting it done and I don't know why I would expect it to all the sudden get any better?
flip a coin on this one if in Seattle, Wilson no doubt, but outside not sure

flip a coin on this one if in Seattle, Wilson no doubt, but outside not sure
He always plays outside :shrug:
I meant on the road
Yeah, this decision is the last one I ahve to make

In another league I have Newton and Romo and was leaning Romo there but Cam is so good at home they won't be able to run

I started Rivers over Romo...second week in a row I've done this. I finally got tired of seeing Romo #### the bed (from a fantasy perspective) in nothing but solid to great fantasy matchups. I don't care what his historical December fantasy output is. This year's offense is boring, lame, etc. Callahan/Garrett have taken all the teeth out of this unit.

With that said, no way could I start guys like Fitz over him.

I started Rivers over Romo...second week in a row I've done this. I finally got tired of seeing Romo #### the bed (from a fantasy perspective) in nothing but solid to great fantasy matchups. I don't care what his historical December fantasy output is. This year's offense is boring, lame, etc. Callahan/Garrett have taken all the teeth out of this unit.

With that said, no way could I start guys like Fitz over him.
I agree that this Callahan offense sucks and Romo has put up horrific fantasy stats the last few weeks with dream matchups.

I can't let myself get talked into the matchup.....I have to stay strong and play Wilson (who burnt me last week so it's not easy)

Going back to Romo vs Luck, it looks like the Colts will be starting a rookie center, and worried that Colts might have a let down after winning division

Can't believe I'm saying it, but in considering Tannehill. He's had a few really good games recently.
Tannehill as outscored Romo the past three weeks in my league, I wonder if BB has a special game plan for him. But I like that Tannehill has been rushing for about 33 yards a game in the past few match ups.

Can't believe I'm saying it, but in considering Tannehill. He's had a few really good games recently.
Tannehill as outscored Romo the past three weeks in my league, I wonder if BB has a special game plan for him. But I like that Tannehill has been rushing for about 33 yards a game in the past few match ups.
Yeah, I know. I don't need a big game from my QB (have Gordon, McCoy, Marshall and Andre for that) but I need a 10-12 pt floor. Worried Tannehill could #### the bed vs NE.

Big Ben.

Of course I already got knocked from teh playoffs last week due to not starting ben last week.. but i am still leading towards the points title so i need a good week

Dentist said:
Big Ben.

Of course I already got knocked from teh playoffs last week due to not starting ben last week.. but i am still leading towards the points title so i need a good week
Big Ben has been hot, seems like a good move

Dentist said:
Big Ben.

Big Ben has been hot, seems like a good move
2/3 FBG experts plus the guys on the Red Zone Channel pre-game show just disagreed though.

Users who are viewing this thread