Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Ask dynasty questions here

Tick

I did this the last couple of years...

I have some prejudices - I don't answer questions that don't use capitalization or punctuation, I undervalue CBs and 3-4 OLBs and DEs... but I'll try to answer all questions. Others are welcome and encouraged to answer as well.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minnesota's got lots of problems and holes to fill, and might not have enough draft picks or free agent money to address everything. Cole's getting his chance here at the end of the season to convince them that MLB isn't a high priority this offseason. They never seem to want to leave Erin Henderson at MLB, and Desmond Bishop might be at the end of his career due to injuries.

So... all the opportunity is there for Cole to grab the MLB spot long-term. He's been a 3-down guy so far. If that continues, he could blow up next season (if he hasn't already at the end of this season).

Cole emerged happened late enough in the season that some waiver wires might have been closed. If he's unclaimed in your league, I'd list him at the #1 LB target in free agency this offseason. If someone else in your league picked him up on waivers, it was late enough in the season that they might not realize what they've got - I'd put out trade offers to see if you can snag him for cheap.

Thanks Tick. You state that Cole is the #1 LB target in free agency. How close is Worrilow?

I must admit that I'm not as in touch on Worrilow as I should be. If he's a free agent, you're right - he's way up there along with Cole. It's hard to shake the feeling that he's doing it based on situation and instinct instead of sustainable physical abilities, but there's never been any shame in the IDP world in riding a guy in the right situation. Still, I think we all expect Atlanta to be a lot better next year, and Weatherspoon to steal back some of those tackles, and Atlanta to keep their eyes open for a guy who looks the part more than Worrilow. You can't argue with the numbers he put up this season, though. If he's out there, you'd have to put a priority on getting him... just don't be all that surprised if he falls off a cliff.

• 1 month later...

What are the expectations from Weseley Woodyard going forward? He's set to hit FA after a severe drop in production last year (132 points in 2012 for me vs. 78 in 2013) and some minor injuries. He did seem to bounce around a bit in regards to position for the Broncos this year, though. Is he simply a product of position and/or scheme?

I'm stocked at LB (start 4, 55 man roster) and am sitting on Woodyard and Angerer as potential trade chips or cannon fodder, pending landing spots & situations.

EDIT: Courtney Upshaw is on my TS and seems like the most likely candidate for cut down when the time comes. Is there any value I'm missing or is it correct to assume he's a wasted roster spot even on a large roster?

Thanks!

Upshaw isn't a guy I'd hold.

Woodyard is worth holding to see what happens with him this summer. His late-season slide followed an injury, he might have been playing hurt the second half of the season. Angerer... I don't think I'd hold him, but I understand why others would. I guess it all depends on what's available among offensive players. If anything sticks out there, I'd dump Angerer and go with offense.

Bruce Carter and Demarrio Davis. I think they were likely drafted as high upside guys over the past couple of years but are essentially playing like LB3/4 types. Is there any hope for either or do you cut bait (meaning trade) and move on?

Thanks Tick

I've been burned by that before... I think Tulloch was an LB4-5 type his first year as a starter in Tennessee, then has been very useful every year since. Davis seems to be suffering from the same thing David Harris has going against him - their linemen are just too good. Carter gets a new DC and probably gets out of the doghouse as a result (remember Dennis Johnson losing playing time to some scrub a few years back?).

I'd have a hard time letting go of Davis especially, but I understand - there are a guys who are always in a good situation and never really do anything with it, and at some point you get frustrated and move on. I guess it just depends on what you're replacing them with and what the rest of your roster looks like. There's a dearth of high-upside young LBs who haven't gotten a chance yet right now in my opinion, so if you don't have another position of more need, Davis and Carter probably have more upside (with a higher floor to boot) than anything else you can find at LB, unless you can get Cole or Worrilow.

Bruce Carter and Demarrio Davis. I think they were likely drafted as high upside guys over the past couple of years but are essentially playing like LB3/4 types. Is there any hope for either or do you cut bait (meaning trade) and move on?

Thanks Tick

I've been burned by that before... I think Tulloch was an LB4-5 type his first year as a starter in Tennessee, then has been very useful every year since. Davis seems to be suffering from the same thing David Harris has going against him - their linemen are just too good. Carter gets a new DC and probably gets out of the doghouse as a result (remember Dennis Johnson losing playing time to some scrub a few years back?).

I'd have a hard time letting go of Davis especially, but I understand - there are a guys who are always in a good situation and never really do anything with it, and at some point you get frustrated and move on. I guess it just depends on what you're replacing them with and what the rest of your roster looks like. There's a dearth of high-upside young LBs who haven't gotten a chance yet right now in my opinion, so if you don't have another position of more need, Davis and Carter probably have more upside (with a higher floor to boot) than anything else you can find at LB, unless you can get Cole or Worrilow.

Thanks.

I have some very early 1sts from trades and I wouldn't be opposed to trading one of the back to the end of the 1st beginning of the 2nd to score a couple LB's like Mosley/Borland/Mack so I can but I would rather load up on offense and keep plugging away at my D by hitting on my later picks in the 2nd and 4th rounds

I think I will keep them another year unless I get an offer too good to refuse.

Hi, I just inherited a dynasty team that is heavily stacked at Linebacker. The league doesn't especially favour Defensive scoring, so I'm not sure what to do with these guys.

Bowman - 49ers

Willis - 49ers

Ogletree - Rams

Kendricks - Eagles

Mayo - Patriots

Kevin Burnett - Raiders

T'eo - Chargers

Timmons - Steelers

Brad Jones - Packers

Scoring

Tackles - 1 pt

Assists - 0.5 pts

Sacks - 1.5 pts

Forced Fumbles - 2 pts

Recovered Fumbles - 2 pts

Def TD - 6 pts

League starts a max of three LBs, so having 9 guys on the roster seems excessive.

How many would you keep, and who would you prioritise keeping or moving on?

I've got a lot of attention from other owners for Ogletree and Kendricks, and Mayo interests people too. League doesn't have contracts/salaries.

With the quality you have there, I'd make sure I held on to at least one of Bowman/Willis. I'd trade any 3 guys other people are interested in - any combo of 6 on your roster that includes a 49er is very good, and you'll have the assets you get back in trades. As for what you can get in return, that's up to your other owners.

Hi, I just inherited a dynasty team that is heavily stacked at Linebacker. The league doesn't especially favour Defensive scoring, so I'm not sure what to do with these guys.

Bowman - 49ers

Willis - 49ers

Ogletree - Rams

Kendricks - Eagles

Mayo - Patriots

Kevin Burnett - Raiders

T'eo - Chargers

Timmons - Steelers

Brad Jones - Packers

Scoring

Tackles - 1 pt

Assists - 0.5 pts

Sacks - 1.5 pts

Forced Fumbles - 2 pts

Def TD - 6 pts

League starts a max of three LBs, so having 9 guys on the roster seems excessive.

I've got a lot of attention from other owners for Ogletree and Kendricks, and Mayo interests people too. League doesn't have contracts/salaries.

Smokin good LB's

Ogletree looks like he could be a stud...make sure you get top $$ for him

Bowman - 49ers

Willis - 49ers

Ogletree - Rams

Kendricks - Eagles

Mayo - Patriots

Kevin Burnett - Raiders

T'eo - Chargers

Timmons - Steelers

Brad Jones - Packers

Scoring

Tackles - 1 pt

Assists - 0.5 pts

Sacks - 1.5 pts

Forced Fumbles - 2 pts

Def TD - 6 pts

Id hang onto Bowman, Mayo, Kendricks and Timmons. With Bowman and Mayo coming off of serious injuries its good to keep 4 top guys in a start 3 LB league. Id sell Ogletree because IMO his value is as high is it might ever be, and i tend to favor MLBs...not to mention he plays next to pretty good MLB and his home stat crew is stingy w assists.

What's Kuechly really worth in a start 2 LB 10 team league? With such a small league, starting LBs aren't hard to find. I already have Poz and D Wash, with D'Qwell as my #3, and decent options always available on the wire.

I can understand "overpaying" in a 14+ team league, but with only 10 how much are "Stud" LBs really worth?

With the quality you have there, I'd make sure I held on to at least one of Bowman/Willis. I'd trade any 3 guys other people are interested in - any combo of 6 on your roster that includes a 49er is very good, and you'll have the assets you get back in trades. As for what you can get in return, that's up to your other owners.

Smokin good LB's

Ogletree looks like he could be a stud...make sure you get top $$ for him

Id hang onto Bowman, Mayo, Kendricks and Timmons. With Bowman and Mayo coming off of serious injuries its good to keep 4 top guys in a start 3 LB league. Id sell Ogletree because IMO his value is as high is it might ever be, and i tend to favor MLBs...not to mention he plays next to pretty good MLB and his home stat crew is stingy w assists.

Thanks guys, appreciate the insights, not an experienced IDP player. Most interest in the league is in Ogletree, will see what I can get for him.

What's Kuechly really worth in a start 2 LB 10 team league? With such a small league, starting LBs aren't hard to find. I already have Poz and D Wash, with D'Qwell as my #3, and decent options always available on the wire.

I can understand "overpaying" in a 14+ team league, but with only 10 how much are "Stud" LBs really worth?

In that league, I'd never trade for a LB. I'd try to trade one away at all times. There's just going to be too many really good guys on the waiver wire.

I'm in a new IDP league, and this is my first IDP in several years. For IDPs, we start 1 DL, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB; and the point system is weighted such that DL > DE > LB/S/CB in terms of how much each position gets for sacks, tackles, TFL, etc. For LBs, they get 2 pts for fumbles, 3 for ints, 2 for sacks, 2 for TFL, 1.5 for tackles, and 1 for passes defended.

My question -- in this type of format, is there any reason to hold onto young, developmental 3-4 OLBs (like Werner, Coples, etc), barring the chance of a defensive change and position reclassification? Its a 16 team league, so we start 48 LBs a week.

I'm in a new IDP league, and this is my first IDP in several years. For IDPs, we start 1 DL, 2 DE, 3 LB, 2 S, 2 CB; and the point system is weighted such that DL > DE > LB/S/CB in terms of how much each position gets for sacks, tackles, TFL, etc. For LBs, they get 2 pts for fumbles, 3 for ints, 2 for sacks, 2 for TFL, 1.5 for tackles, and 1 for passes defended.

My question -- in this type of format, is there any reason to hold onto young, developmental 3-4 OLBs (like Werner, Coples, etc), barring the chance of a defensive change and position reclassification? Its a 16 team league, so we start 48 LBs a week.

I wouldn't. I have a bias against 3-4 OLBs because I value consistency, but even if I didn't, that's a tackle-heavy scoring system... I'd leave the 3-4 OLBs alone unless it's a guy who might get reclassified.

• 3 weeks later...

Just took over an orphaned dynasty team. 12 team, 2qb, full IDP. Scoring is fairly standard... 3pts for a sack, 2pts per tackle (3pts per tackle for DT & DE).

I'm definitely rebuilding and trying cut the dead wood and find something to work with on waivers. I managed to restock my secondary with a few CBs (Bradley Fletcher & Sam Shields) and safeties (Stevie Brown, TJ McDonald & Major Wright... I figure he'll resurface in Tampa with Lovie).

I have some talented but aging DEs I'd like to pawn off for whatever picks I can get (Jared Allen & Justin Smith), but not a lot of bites yet. I have my eye on some guys on the wire to pick up if I'm able to free up roster space. What are your thoughts on these guys for a rebuilding team?

DT Sylvester Williams
DT Clinton McDonald

DE Cedric Thornton
DE Margus Hunt

LB Bruce Irvin
LB Melvin Ingram

Just took over an orphaned dynasty team. 12 team, 2qb, full IDP. Scoring is fairly standard... 3pts for a sack, 2pts per tackle (3pts per tackle for DT & DE).

I'm definitely rebuilding and trying cut the dead wood and find something to work with on waivers. I managed to restock my secondary with a few CBs (Bradley Fletcher & Sam Shields) and safeties (Stevie Brown, TJ McDonald & Major Wright... I figure he'll resurface in Tampa with Lovie).

I have some talented but aging DEs I'd like to pawn off for whatever picks I can get (Jared Allen & Justin Smith), but not a lot of bites yet. I have my eye on some guys on the wire to pick up if I'm able to free up roster space. What are your thoughts on these guys for a rebuilding team?

DT Sylvester Williams

DT Clinton McDonald

DE Cedric Thornton

DE Margus Hunt

LB Bruce Irvin

LB Melvin Ingram

I don't know DTs, sorry.

Thornton isn't a guy I'd chase - I don't tend to like 3-4 linemen, and I don't see any real reason he stands high even among them.

Hunt should be on a roster - I'd go after him if I were you. We don't know if he's any good, but the situation looks perfect.

Irvin and Ingram aren't worth rostering in your scoring system IMO, but I don't know the depth of your league - I'm assuming ~36 starting LBs in the league, and neither makes any of my rosters in that format, even where I'm weak at LB. I'd much rather take a chance on an ILB/WLB instead. Is Keenan Robinson available?

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering what you thought the effects would be on JJ Watt's fantasy value if the Texans go ahead and draft Clowney at #1 overall. I'm trying to determine if I should trade Watt for elite value while I still can. Am I overreacting?

I can't see any reason to bet against Watt. He's incredible - enjoy owning him.

I guess I haven't thought through Clowney in a 3-4. I'm guessing he would be the DE on the other side, not an OLB, right? If he's the other DE, it just draws blocking away from Watt, which is good. If he's at OLB, I wouldn't expect it to turn out like Justin Smith and Aldon Smith... I'd expect something more like Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil.

Was basically offered S Will HILL (giants) for DE Derrick Morgan in a 16 team dynasty (starting 2 DE, 2 S). While I normally never would consider trading away DE talent for a safety, the possibility that Morgan becomes a LB is scaring me, as I'm loaded on LBs and would have to cut him at the start of the season if he doesn't stay a DE.

Morgan is my DE #4 behind Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Charles Johnson and with Quanterus Smith+Devin Taylor in practice Squad. Safety situation is Burnett, Chancellor, Mitchell and...JJ Wilcox.

Was basically offered S Will HILL (giants) for DE Derrick Morgan in a 16 team dynasty (starting 2 DE, 2 S). While I normally never would consider trading away DE talent for a safety, the possibility that Morgan becomes a LB is scaring me, as I'm loaded on LBs and would have to cut him at the start of the season if he doesn't stay a DE.

Morgan is my DE #4 behind Greg Hardy, Michael Johnson, Charles Johnson and with Quanterus Smith+Devin Taylor in practice Squad. Safety situation is Burnett, Chancellor, Mitchell and...JJ Wilcox.

I'd stick with Morgan. Hill isn't a guy I see a ton of value in over the waiver wire options, and it's generally pretty easy to find one in preseason. I like Morgan's upside more - keep the high-ceiling, low-floor guy over the high-floor, low-ceiling guy.

Do you have any strong opinions on K.J. Wright going forward? I've received an offer that I'm disinclined to take (My Adrian Clayborne for Wright), but seeing as how my DE corps are as terrible as my LB corps, if Wright has some solid upside I'd consider it.

I don't really see the upside with Wright. That defense is so balanced that I don't see him standing out going forward. He just seems a bit like a guy who holds down your LB3 spot if none of your upside guys come through. Low ceiling, high floor.

I was wondering what you thought the effects would be on JJ Watt's fantasy value if the Texans go ahead and draft Clowney at #1 overall. I'm trying to determine if I should trade Watt for elite value while I still can. Am I overreacting?

I can't see any reason to bet against Watt. He's incredible - enjoy owning him.

I guess I haven't thought through Clowney in a 3-4. I'm guessing he would be the DE on the other side, not an OLB, right? If he's the other DE, it just draws blocking away from Watt, which is good. If he's at OLB, I wouldn't expect it to turn out like Justin Smith and Aldon Smith... I'd expect something more like Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil.

The Texans are in theory going to run a base 3-4 defense according O'Brien. the issues is that O'Brien estimates that they are going to play in a non-base nickel 65-70% on snaps. In terms, of what clowney does ...i.e. rush the passer pretty much all game, his position does not matter much. for fantasy purposes it is the most important idea. if he is designated as a DE that in some scoring system might make him 1st IDP off the board. . If he is an OLB then he si just one of the "better" boom or bust options that you would need 2-3 solid FF LB starters to over those awful weeks that 3-4 OLBs tend to have.

Im avoiding this like the plague. LB designation kills it. Every year MFL make late changes - let someone else take the risk.

Im still annoyed that I had Suggs moved to LB after all those years at DE.

Peppers looks like a possible change this year as well. Might be worth starting a thread on potential 2014 changes coming up in the off season - for rookies and vets.

• 2 weeks later...

Need advice on a Dynasty trade offer?

Team A: Ryan Mathews and Eli Manning

Team B: Vontza Burfict

I'm Team B.

12 team PPR league IDP included.

My other linebackers are L. Timmons and P. Riley

My other running backs are: L. Miller, D. Wilson, C.J Spiller and M. Lattimore

I'm Team B.

i'd give up burfiect in a second here.

I'm having a heck of a time deciding between Dont'A Hightower, Danell Ellerbe, Daryl Smith and Manti Teo in a Dynasty startup? Any thoughts on who would do the best in a scoring system like this 1.5 pts per solo .75 assist and 4 pts per sack 4 FF and 4 FR and 4 INT??

I answered this in a PM, but just to put it out in the open, I prefer either Smith or Teo here. I don't see Ellerbe or Hightower being fantasy starters. Smith is a starter right now, I give Teo a chance in the future. Given my own approach, I'd probably go with Smith because things change so much on the IDP side from year to year anyway that I tend to go for immediate value more than long-term promise... but it depends on your roster makeup.

I'm Team B.

i'd give up burfiect in a second here.

Such a ridiculously lopsided trade offer! Take Mathews in a second before the other guy figures out FF.

• 4 weeks later...

What are your thoughts on Kyle Van Noy?

Do you think he will have a high ceiling in Detroit?

Sorry, I can't claim to know enough on this one yet. I've messed up in the past when I avoided guys who were slated as SLB in their rookie years (I think DJ Williams, maybe Lance Kendricks... feels like there were others as well). He should be able to play 3 downs, so you can hope he'll be Greenway. I'm just not sure what he is, though. Really versatile can mean a lot of things - it doesn't always work out well for guys (primary backup at all positions), but he could be a devastating SLB on base downs plus MLB on nickle/dimes. Tulloch's better in coverage than he should be... Sorry, I have no clarity here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/128054/versatility-will-be-key-for-kyle-van-noy

Hey, I've got quite a few draft picks in the first three rounds in our upcoming draft. I took over this team a about a month ago. 16 team league, IDP we start 1 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 1-2 S. Contract league, score is tackle heavy. On my practice squad I have the some players that I'm unsure what to do with:

DT Josh Chapman, IND

DT Jesse Williams, SEA

LB Bruce Irvin, LB

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Are these players to hang onto or would you try to get rid of them?

Hey, I've got quite a few draft picks in the first three rounds in our upcoming draft. I took over this team a about a month ago. 16 team league, IDP we start 1 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB, 1-2 S. Contract league, score is tackle heavy. On my practice squad I have the some players that I'm unsure what to do with:

DT Josh Chapman, IND

DT Jesse Williams, SEA

LB Bruce Irvin, LB

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

We start 1 DT, 2-3 DE, 3-4 LB, 2-3 CB.

Does Lamin Barrow have a good chance to be Denver's ILB? Do you think Nate Irving is the unquestionable starter?

05/12/14 - It took until the third day for the Broncos to address their depth-shy linebacker corps, when they selected LSU's Lamin Barrow and Oklahoma's Corey Nelson with their fifth- and seventh-round picks, respectively. Nate Irving, the 2011 third-round pick, remains the projected starter at middle linebacker, but he struggled when the Broncos attempted to hand him that job last year. Even if Irving earns that position, he lacks the speed to stay on the field in nickel and dime sub packages. That leaves an opening through which Barrow or Nelson could earn playing time alongside weak-side starter Danny Trevathan, who remains on the field when the Broncos go into their nickel package.

"We feel like they can play multiple positions -- either the mike or the will -- the stack positions," said Broncos coach John Fox. "We'll let them compete and figure that out as we work through the offseason program and then into training camp. They're good football players and can play the linebacker position and we'll let them compete and see where that develops." Barrow appears to be ahead of Nelson, who is coming off a torn pectoral muscle that ended his season last October. - The Sports Xchange

DT Josh Chapman, IND

DT Jesse Williams, SEA

LB Bruce Irvin, LB

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

I'm pretty useless at DT, sorry. Hopefully others will be able to help.

I don't see Irvin or Kirkpatrick being all that useful in tackle-heavy leagues. Both have big enough names that you might be able to get something for them in trades rather than dumping them outright.

Does Lamin Barrow have a good chance to be Denver's ILB? Do you think Nate Irving is the unquestionable starter?

05/12/14 - It took until the third day for the Broncos to address their depth-shy linebacker corps, when they selected LSU's Lamin Barrow and Oklahoma's Corey Nelson with their fifth- and seventh-round picks, respectively. Nate Irving, the 2011 third-round pick, remains the projected starter at middle linebacker, but he struggled when the Broncos attempted to hand him that job last year. Even if Irving earns that position, he lacks the speed to stay on the field in nickel and dime sub packages. That leaves an opening through which Barrow or Nelson could earn playing time alongside weak-side starter Danny Trevathan, who remains on the field when the Broncos go into their nickel package.

"We feel like they can play multiple positions -- either the mike or the will -- the stack positions," said Broncos coach John Fox. "We'll let them compete and figure that out as we work through the offseason program and then into training camp. They're good football players and can play the linebacker position and we'll let them compete and see where that develops." Barrow appears to be ahead of Nelson, who is coming off a torn pectoral muscle that ended his season last October. - The Sports Xchange

I was invested in Irving for a few years... I held on longer than I should have. I think anyone can beat him out if they just don't get injured. Barrow and Nelson are both possibilities to win the job. I don't know enough about Barrow, but watched Nelson at OU. Honestly, I never thought I was watching an NFL 3-down MLB.

New IDP player after doing regular fantasy leagues for 15 years.

I got talked into picking up an already drafted IDP dynasty team that quite honestly did not do great in the draft. Several older players but the owner did not show for the rookie draft, so I am in big-time damage control mode. I need some advice on IDP free agents.

1.5 points for tackle, .75 for assist, 3.5 for sacks, plus sack yardage, 1.5 for QB hits.

Must start 3 DL, 3LB 3 DB and then 2 flex of any defensive position.

DT gets an extra .5 for tackles and assists.

Decent starters I have

DL - Sheldon Richardson, Kyle Williams, Cameron Heyward, Jeremy Mincey, Dominique Easley, RaShede Hageman, Star Lotuleei, Jerel Worthy

LB - Kevin Burnett, Mychal Kendricks, Patrick Willis, David Hawthorne, Connor Barwin, Victor Butler, Christian Jones

DB - Barry Church, Amerson, Dashon Goldson, Antonio Cromartie, Micah Hyde, and lots of rookies (Dennard Darqueeze, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert)

I have a 48 man roster and need to decide on 2 or 3 of the free agents. I also am happy to hear about droppable players. I am figuring I really need as many points as I can get. ANY help would be appreciated. I know it is early, play the waiver wire, but I need to try and get a few players to shore me up a bit. Thanks!

FA available -

CB Brandon Flowers - KC

S Stevie Brown - NYG

LB David Hawthorne - NO

LB Keenan Robinson - Was

LB James Michael -Johnson - KC

LB Brooks Reed - HOU

LB Jamar Chaney - Den

CB Robert Alfred - Atl

LB Gerald Hodges - Min

LB Manny Lawson - Buf

LB Nick Perry - GB

LB Justin Durant - Dal

CB - Duke Ignacio

New IDP player after doing regular fantasy leagues for 15 years.

I got talked into picking up an already drafted IDP dynasty team that quite honestly did not do great in the draft. Several older players but the owner did not show for the rookie draft, so I am in big-time damage control mode. I need some advice on IDP free agents.

1.5 points for tackle, .75 for assist, 3.5 for sacks, plus sack yardage, 1.5 for QB hits.

Must start 3 DL, 3LB 3 DB and then 2 flex of any defensive position.

DT gets an extra .5 for tackles and assists.

Decent starters I have

DL - Sheldon Richardson, Kyle Williams, Cameron Heyward, Jeremy Mincey, Dominique Easley, RaShede Hageman, Star Lotuleei, Jerel Worthy

LB - Kevin Burnett, Mychal Kendricks, Patrick Willis, David Hawthorne, Connor Barwin, Victor Butler, Christian Jones

DB - Barry Church, Amerson, Dashon Goldson, Antonio Cromartie, Micah Hyde, and lots of rookies (Dennard Darqueeze, Kyle Fuller, Justin Gilbert)

I have a 48 man roster and need to decide on 2 or 3 of the free agents. I also am happy to hear about droppable players. I am figuring I really need as many points as I can get. ANY help would be appreciated. I know it is early, play the waiver wire, but I need to try and get a few players to shore me up a bit. Thanks!

FA available -

CB Brandon Flowers - KC

S Stevie Brown - NYG

LB David Hawthorne - NO

LB Keenan Robinson - Was

LB James Michael -Johnson - KC

LB Brooks Reed - HOU

LB Jamar Chaney - Den

CB Robert Alfred - Atl

LB Gerald Hodges - Min

LB Manny Lawson - Buf

LB Nick Perry - GB

LB Justin Durant - Dal

CB - Duke Ignacio

Hawthorne is listed both on your roster and as a free agent.

I always recommend picking up Keenan Robinson. He wasn't drafted by the current guys, but if he stays healthy he could be a 3-down ILB. Brooks Reed is the other guy who jumps out at me, since he could be moved inside again.

I don't know how deep the draft went, but if guys like Barrow, Ataochu, Hitchens, or Fortt are around, they'd be better grab than some of those 3-4 OLBs on your roster. I'm anti 3-4 OLB, and will always look for a 3-down ILB or 4-3 LB first.

For DBs, keep close tabs on camp battles.

Thanks Tick! Still getting the hang of IDP but I like the challenge!

The only player from your list available is Fortt so I am picking him up.

Where is the easiest place to find which teams use the 3-4 so I can evaluate/avoid the OLB issue?

Does FBG list that somewhere?

Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

DT Josh Chapman, IND

DT Jesse Williams, SEA

LB Bruce Irvin, LB

CB Dre Kirkpatrick

Josh Chapman is a NT, so only plays on early downs and isn't ever going to get alot of tackles. The system relies on him occupying blockers to free up the DE/DT/LBs to make tackles.

He is easily droppable.

In a balanced scoring IDP league (1.2 per tackle, 0.6 per assist, 2pt per sack + 0.1 per 1 yard loss, 1.5pt per QB hits and 2.8pt per TFL), would you rather own:

Rob Nonkovich on a 2yr/$10 contract

OR

Cameron Jordan on a 1yr/$7 contract, with the option to tag him for $20 or get a 2nd round pick next year.

Thanks!

Archived