What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

These Cutler trades are ludicrous unless it's a 2 QB league.

He's finished QB20, QB26, QB19 in the last three years -- and that's using PPG, which helps him some. He's mid-range QB2. i.e. he's worthless in a non-superflex league since you can get those guys for free most years.

Not involved: 14 team, Start 1-3RB, 1-4 WR, 1-3TE; PPR, 1.5 TE; Devy (5th round picks are the Devy picks): Already Rostered: Watkins, Lee, Seastruck,Carey,Wilder Jr, Dyer, DAT,Archer,ASJ, Lyeria: Gurley, Yeldon, D Johnson, Cooper

Team A gave:

Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.7)
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.9)
Year 2014 Round 1 Draft Pick (1.11)
Year 2014 Round 2 Draft Pick (2.7)
Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.7)
Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.11)
Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.14)

Team B gave:
McCoy, LeSean PHI RB

Not involved: 14 team, Start 1-3RB, 1-4 WR, 1-3TE; PPR, 1.5 TE; Devy (5th round picks are the Devy picks): Already Rostered: Watkins, Lee, Seastruck,Carey,Wilder Jr, Dyer, DAT,Archer,ASJ, Lyeria: Gurley, Yeldon, D Johnson, Cooper

Team A gave:

Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.14)

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
thats bad, a bunch of hopefuls for the best RB in game

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A gave:

Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.14)no way I'd trade McCoy for all that, just a bunch of wild cards

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile

Team A gave:

Year 2014 Round 5 Draft Pick (5.14)no way I'd trade McCoy for all that, just a bunch of wild cards

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile
Those 5th rounders are devy picks, I don't know if you missed that. In 2-3 years I'm not sure if any RB is worth that many swings at homeruns. The guy getting McCoy doesn't have a scary roster, either:

Brady

McCoy, Lynch, Murray, Gore (can only start 3)

Garçon, Colston, Wallace, Watkins

Ertz

This roster was already heading for a steep cliff, and trading all of his draft picks for McCoy delays that--but makes the inevitable fall in a couple of years that much worse.

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile
Those 5th rounders are devy picks, I don't know if you missed that. In 2-3 years I'm not sure if any RB is worth that many swings at homeruns. The guy getting McCoy doesn't have a scary roster, either:Brady

Ertz

This roster was already heading for a steep cliff, and trading all of his draft picks for McCoy delays that--but makes the inevitable fall in a couple of years that much worse.
is there a limit to # of devys on 1 team?

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile
Those 5th rounders are devy picks, I don't know if you missed that. In 2-3 years I'm not sure if any RB is worth that many swings at homeruns. The guy getting McCoy doesn't have a scary roster, either:Brady

Ertz

No, but there's only one round of 14 devy's every year (14 team league). So this guy now has 4 of the 14 devy's this year locked up, if he's smart and good at this, he can lock up some serious talent going forward.

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile

Ertz

Actually don't mind gambling off Shady like this with devy's. Agree that with hitting a couple of these devy's, along with there's still some solid prospects left for the rookie draft, this could easily be a slam dunk for the side receiving the picks. Not to mention you also only need to start 1 RB, I might actually side with the picks as well.

Judge Ito said:
PPR

Gave: Ingram

Got: Fleener and Bobby Rainey
If Ingram doesn't have to compete with PT next year, I actually like the side getting Ingram. When he's gotten a chance to be showcased, he's actually looked pretty decent. Last year on his rookie deal, so he'll definitely be playing to earn some money. Could be a great buy low/sell high gamble.

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB
McCoy side by a mile

Ertz

Still 7 roster spots for one elite producer.

Not sure how the roster size is but still seems like a lot of likely to be non-productive roster spots for an elite starter. I guess if you can flip the picks into players or nail the late picks it makes a lot of sense. However they are all back 1/2 picks in the first/devy round. Not saying you can't hit on them but chances go down some

10 team ppr.

Traded 3.8 and Zach Sudfeld for Vance McDonald (will go on my DTS for two years)

Not sure how the roster size is but still seems like a lot of likely to be non-productive roster spots for an elite starter. I guess if you can flip the picks into players or nail the late picks it makes a lot of sense. However they are all back 1/2 picks in the first/devy round. Not saying you can't hit on them but chances go down some
I see about 9 guys I'd comfortable cut from his team right now and he has 10 picks. So he should easily be able to manage his roster to keep most/if all of those picks if he wants to or use them to upgrade. We get 25 roster spots, 2 taxi spots for the devy picks and he doesn't have any yet so he'll only be tying up 1 active roster spot with a developmental player.

I see about 9 guys I'd comfortable cut from his team right now and he has 10 picks. So he should easily be able to manage his roster to keep most/if all of those picks if he wants to or use them to upgrade. We get 25 roster spots, 2 taxi spots for the devy picks and he doesn't have any yet so he'll only be tying up 1 active roster spot with a developmental player.
Can't see his team so if he has lots of easy cuts makes more sense.

Also if McCoy is the only great asset maybe it makes sense to rebuild off it....but as I said I have no insight into the team. Late 1sts and late Devy picks just seem to be a pretty big risk for a top 5 RB in dynasty

Can't see his team so if he has lots of easy cuts makes more sense.Also if McCoy is the only great asset maybe it makes sense to rebuild off it....but as I said I have no insight into the team. Late 1sts and late Devy picks just seem to be a pretty big risk for a top 5 RB in dynasty
Individually they definitely are, but when you get that many swings of the bat...

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Traded Lacy and 2014 1.06 rookie pick for Doug Martin and Gronk.

Reasoning:

Additionally have the 2014 1.01 and 1.03 rookie picks. Have Pitta, retiring Gonzo at TE. Needed another top TE with a 5-letter nickname. Feel Martin is at least as good as Lacy. The 1.06 for Gronk? Easy decision.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Reasoning:

Additionally have the 2014 1.01 and 1.03 rookie picks. Have Pitta, retiring Gonzo at TE. Needed another top TE with a 5-letter nickname. Feel Martin is at least as good as Lacy. The 1.06 for Gronk? Easy decision.
Exceptional deal for you.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Reasoning:

Exceptional deal for you.
Don't think you need much reasoning.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Reasoning:

I'll take Martin and Gronk here easily. Like, stupid easy.

PPR Dynasty start-up draft:

Team A got Pick #106 overall and took Aaron Dobson + 4.03(39 overall) Rookie

Team B got Pick #196 overall and took Jaquizz Rodgers + 1.09 Rookie

Two trades that went down this morning, I wasn't involved in either.

A gives up Dez Bryant

B gives up Maclin, Nicks, and the #2 rookie pick

B then flips #2 pick to C for Keenan Allen

Two trades that went down this morning, I wasn't involved in either.

A gives up Dez Bryant

B gives up Maclin, Nicks, and the #2 rookie pick

B then flips #2 pick to C for Keenan Allen
Still Dez for me. Allen, Maclin and Nicks don't add up to Dez for me

12 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, DL, LB, DB. $124M Salary Cap, Contract league (4 year max)

Here are some of the trades in my league

Traded Away

Wright, Tim (TE), TB - - 1 Year Deal (Now FA)
Bryant, Dez (WR), DAL - 3 Year Deal $20M/year

Received:

Torrey Smith - 4 Year Deal $11M/Year

Montee Ball - 4 Year Deal $3M/Year

1.11 - 4 year Deal - $2M/Year

3.11 - 4 year Deal - $1M/Year

----------------------------------------------------------

Traded Away:

Gio Bernard - 4 year deal $4M/year

Received:

Keenan Allen - 4 year deal $3M/year

Traded Away:

2014 1.08 Pick

Received

Cordarrelle Patterson - 4 year deal $3M/year

-----------------------------------------------------------

Traded Away

Matt Forte - 2 year deal - $17M/year

2014 2.08 Pick

Received

LeSean McCoy - 4 year deal $20M/year

Team Traded Received Teblow Me Wright, Tim (TE), TB

Bryant, Dez (WR), DAL Smith, Torrey (WR), BAL

Ball, Montee (RB), DEN

1st Round (TNJOverson) Draft Pick

3rd Round (TNJOverson) Draft Pick

Dez Bryant - 3 Year Deal $20M/year

Tim Wright - 1 Year Deal (Now FA)

Probably depend on the # teams in the league and cap for me but thats alot of players for Dez.

Dez side unless there are 16+ teams then I might want to see the cap implications

12 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, DL, LB, DB. $124M Salary Cap, Contract league (4 year max)

Here are some of the trades in my league

Traded Away

Wright, Tim (TE), TB - - 1 Year Deal (Now FA)

Bryant, Dez (WR), DAL - 3 Year Deal $20M/year

Received:

Traded Away:

Gio Bernard - 4 year deal $4M/year

Received:

Keenan Allen - 4 year deal $3M/year

Traded Away:

2014 1.08 Pick

Received

Cordarrelle Patterson - 4 year deal $3M/year

-----------------------------------------------------------

Traded Away

Matt Forte - 2 year deal - $17M/year

2014 2.08 Pick

Received

LeSean McCoy - 4 year deal $20M/year
1.08 for Patterson.....okay

12 team .5 PPR w/Return Yardage QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE 1 RB/WR/TE Flex

Team A gives:

Randall Cobb
Markus Wheaton
Charles Clay

Team B gives:

Percy Harvin

Jordan Cameron

12 team PPR dynasty league, .5/1.0/1.5

Traded away:

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Olsen

Traded for:

Keenan Allen

Torrey Smith

Jeremy Maclin

Traded away:

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Olsen

Traded for:

Keenan Allen

Torrey Smith

Jeremy Maclin
Hmm, seems liek a lot to give to get Allen. Smith is ok and Maclin is ok, but it just seems like a lot to give,

Traded away:

Larry Fitzgerald

Roddy White

Greg Olsen

Traded for:

Keenan Allen

Torrey Smith

Jeremy Maclin
Hmm, seems liek a lot to give to get Allen. Smith is ok and Maclin is ok, but it just seems like a lot to give,
Maybe, maybe not. I got Allen, Smith, and Maclin to add to AJ Green, Harvin, and Terrance Williams, so my WR squad is set up very nicely for a long time. I see Allen as a borderline WR1/WR2, Smith as a WR2, and Maclin as a WR3. Still have Gronk and Ladarius at TE, and I'm loaded at RB too with ADP, Lynch, Lacy, and Spiller.

None of the guys I gave up were starters for me, and rather than take a shot at unknowns with the picks, I used the picks to trade three guys with a total age of 92 next year for three proven guys with a total age of 74 without damaging my chances to win at all. Would you trade those picks for 18 years of nearly guaranteed production? I obviously would.

14-team PPR, 1.5 PPR for TEs, Devy Leauge

I gave: Demaryius Thomas

I received: Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Allen, Lache Seastrunk

Users who are viewing this thread