Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

8-12 inches the hard way

Today felt like the day the fates have been saving up for me for a long long time. My children slept in, and didn't cry. My wife flirted with me. She made me pancakes and mimosas. I took the Jeep o

One of my favorite quotes is from Justified: "If you run into an ####### in the morning, you ran into an #######. But if you run into #######s all day, you're the #######." The responses here indicate

1 minute ago, RUSF18 said:

These school administrators expecting kids to do full remote learning tomorrow need to be dunked face first into a snow bank. 

Why?  It is a great option to have available. 

6 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

Why?  It is a great option to have available. 

normally I agree, and I think moving forward that this will be the SOP. However, I read a letter from a district that talked about it being a vey hard year on these kids, not taking away one more things that kids look forward to, and to take this opportunity to go have fun in the snow because kids are only young for so long. 

here is the letter

• Like 1

Yeah if you want kids to do remote learning on the 2nd day of a storm, go for it. Or the 4th potential snow day of the year, sure. 

My daughter is ~4 and only has a couple half hour sessions scheduled so it's not a problem for me but I have 9 year old nieces not far from here who will have a foot of snow and are expected to be sitting in front of their computers from 8:30-2:30 tomorrow. Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Our kids' school district sent the snow day notification at 6pm tonight.  No remote instruction, enjoy the snow day.  Kids are older, but they still loved when we told them. 

About 8" on the ground now, and still coming down heavy.  

50 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Damn. Which state?

21” here in NC Pa. suns out now

Southern Tier NYS, near Binghamton. NWS said we got 14.7" between 1:00am and 3:45am, or 5.3" per hour.  Gonna take awhile to dig out. 

• Like 1

I'll take virtual learning over going an extra day in freaking June

Im the one that really gets screwed on this. Now that we are virtual - today would have been a free day off since our building is officially closed.  I now have to work!!!

At least I dont have to rush to shovel - we only got 5" OF snow

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Skipdog77 said:

Southern Tier NYS, near Binghamton. NWS said we got 14.7" between 1:00am and 3:45am, or 5.3" per hour.  Gonna take awhile to dig out. 

Have drivers in Norwich and Hamilton just waiting for the county state of emergency to be lifted. Good news is it sounds like the main roads are in good shape.

I was buzzed snow blowing last night and apparently got a little too close to one of our bushes that is decorated with Christmas lights. Next thing I knew, it sucked in a strand of lights. :shock:  In the blink of an eye, it ripped about 10ft of lights off the tree, shredded the cords, and smashed the timer it was connected to. There was a flash of light and a loud pop and then all was dark. Blew a fuse to half the garage. I just stood there, mouth agape. First time that's happened in the 20 years Ive lived here. 

• Laughing 3
2 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

I was buzzed snow blowing last night and apparently got a little too close to one of our bushes that is decorated with Christmas lights. Next thing I knew, it sucked in a strand of lights. :shock:  In the blink of an eye, it ripped about 10ft of lights off the tree, shredded the cords, and smashed the timer it was connected to. There was a flash of light and a loud pop and then all was dark. Blew a fuse to half the garage. I just stood there, mouth agape. First time that's happened in the 20 years Ive lived here. 

never know what you may be blowing (snow that is) when you are buzzed...:doh:

1 hour ago, Gawain said:

Have drivers in Norwich and Hamilton just waiting for the county state of emergency to be lifted. Good news is it sounds like the main roads are in good shape.

Newark Valley got 44", and Binghamton is at 40".  That's about where we ended up. Think the travel ban will be in effect a little longer than originally thought, due to the unexpected volume. Just going to take more time to get the roads cleared. 

Not a good day for the old snowblower to decide it had done enough in this life though. :wall:

• Sad 1

just went out back w a tape measure here in southeast VT - 40 inches. most i ever seen at once. they say up the rud a fer piece in Ludlow it's closing in on 60. just stopping now. me 95yo Da is waiting for the plows to make it up here so he can do plowcastles & all in one sesh with his blower. real north country folk are nutz.

Edited by wikkidpissah

So after getting over 40" of snow overnight a week ago, our area now has temps in the mid-to-upper 40's with 3-4 inches of rain forecast tonight.   Between the rapid snow melt and the rain, very real threat of major flooding ruining many people's Christmas, especially those along the river (Susquehanna).  Our area got hit bad with flooding in 2006 and 2011, and talk from meteorologists is that we could be seeing similar levels.

2020 gonna 2020. 

Edited by Skipdog77
  • Sad 1
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, E-Z Glider said:

Possible Nor’Easter lining up on Sunday. Wish the sheik was around to forecast it for us. :kicksrock:

Me too - the beating the left coast is taking right now is going to slam us Sunday/Monday, but who will net the greatest impact? where are the ice and rain lines? 

1 hour ago, GroveDiesel said:

Wonder what that does to scheduled vaccinations? I’m working with a client that is hosting a vaccination site and I’ve been told if weather closes our client’s site then vaccinations won’t be given either. Could turn into a giant mess.

I think this is still the high-end OMG!!!1! predictions/estimations. Just starting to hear local news talk about it.

Why aren't there any forecasts yet?  I keep reading that it is "unpredictable" and there "there is still plenty of time" before the storm.  But it is expected to arrive the day after tomorrow... usually there are forecasts with accumulation totals for serval days before a storm.  Is this one different or are the weather folks worried about being wrong?

50 minutes ago, Jaysus said:

Why aren't there any forecasts yet?  I keep reading that it is "unpredictable" and there "there is still plenty of time" before the storm.  But it is expected to arrive the day after tomorrow... usually there are forecasts with accumulation totals for serval days before a storm.  Is this one different or are the weather folks worried about being wrong?

I'm getting anywhere from 1" to 1 foot.   It keeps changing based on speed and direction

1 hour ago, Jaysus said:

The euro and american don't agree about the trajectory of the bullseye. A subtle adjustment will significantly impact expectations. Once the system starts to move over the mountains today I'd think the models will align one way or the other, but that's just my amateur observation.

6 hours ago, Jaysus said:

5-8 inches predicted here

• 2 weeks later...

stolen from the tweeters:

Snowstorm in TX, two options:

1. Apocalyptic panic and transportation gridlock

2. Tie something to a motorized vehicle and tow your kid around.

Not like crazy places that get a ton...but after about an inch and a half of sleet with another inch or so of snow on top of that and a thin layer of ice at the bottom...another 2-4" expected today in the Nashville area.  As we have already basically been stuck here anyway (I guess that is one way to get people down south to stay at home).

Will venture out today as the roads are passable, but not great on the back roads...before it gets nasty against this afternoon into tomorrow.  I typically stay in during stuff like this...forget trying to navigate fools in big trucks who think 4 WD means they can drive and stop on ice.

Shoveled for the 8th(?) time this Winter.  4 Inches of the wet heavy stuff.  I don't know if we're close to any record quantity because we haven't had the "big one"  <knocks on wood>, but I don't remember having to shovel this frequently.  Lots of PITA 2"-4" snowfalls.

My neighbor across the street was out shoveling so I helped him.  I guess he also does the snow for his neighbor?  :confused:  Corner lot with a triple-wide parking space and long sidewalks.  I'm getting too old to shovel for 2 hours.

I've put off buying a snow blower because it would normally only be used 3-4 times a year.  I may have to reconsider.  :mellow: 

51 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m probably going to jinx us but this is the mildest winter I can remember in GA.  Beautiful day today - sunny and 57.  Grilling out steaks!  Suck it everybody!

Jealous.  It feels like we've had a foot+ snow on the ground for the last 2 months.  I haven't been in my backyard since.  

5 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

I had the same tank of gas in my snow blower for two years (at least).  This year I have filled up twice.  Are we done now in PA???

Well that entirely depends on what part of PA

7 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m probably going to jinx us but this is the mildest winter I can remember in GA.  Beautiful day today - sunny and 57.  Grilling out steaks!  Suck it everybody!

Lol, same here in Charlotte. We’ve had nothing but rain this winter. A #### ton of rain but like you said decent day today and yesterday. I got a bit red, not quite burn, on my forehead watching my son play lacrosse yesterday and it was only an hour. It was really nice out. Was going to make ribs today, but I slow cook and was exhausted last night. I forgot to marinate them to get them on the grill this morning.