What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snowmageddon 2022 (2 Viewers)

Was 38 here earlier today in Cleveland. Down to -8 tomorrow with an expected high of 5 on Tuesday... add in about a foot of snow and you would think the local grocery store at 11:30 this morning was going to be inaccessible for the next 4 weeks.............. :crazy:
this is why I didn't go today. We're low on milk. I'll overpay at the middle eastern mart around the corner tomorrow if it gets too bad. Good enough on everything else. May go into withdrawal if they Don't gave bananas though. I guess I'll find out the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a DirecTV subscriber, I'm glad they booted the Weather Channel from my lineup. No more Scarecasting and stupid winter storm names.

10-14" coming our way commencing tomorrow afternoon here on the Island of Long... :o

I'm here in KoP, PA at work, we're closing office at 12:00 pm today -- supposed to get 6-12" today

<_<

Ugh. Have to fly to Ohio today and back to NYC tomorrow, wife is nine months pregnant. This should be interesting.

I came into work. Snow was supposed to start coming down at noon and get 6-12 inches. Of course it already started. Not sure why I didn't just work from home

Ugh. Have to fly to Ohio today and back to NYC tomorrow, wife is nine months pregnant. This should be interesting.
blizzard like conditions later. Doubt you're going anywhere
I take off around 1pm. As of yesterday's forecasts that was going to be before all the bad crap hit. Ground here is already covered with snow at 9:30am. I'm toast.

blizzard like conditions later. Doubt you're going anywhere
I take off around 1pm. As of yesterday's forecasts that was going to be before all the bad crap hit. Ground here is already covered with snow at 9:30am. I'm toast.
The Mrs has milk and bread, right??

Possible 4-7 inches for the DE/PA/NJ areas.

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/08512?phenomena=WS&significance=A&areaid=NJZ012&office=KPHI&etn=0003

I'm getting 4WD on my next car, this is brutal in a FWD car when the roads aren't always salted/plowed in time.
My wife begs me for my truck when we get hit with a forecast of any potential accumulations. I get stuck sliding around in her little Scion Xb...

:angry:
owned a truck 4WDgetting old and we had 2 to 3 winters with very little snow.

sell my truck and of course the last 2 years i needed it

While some would say this was a perfect week to have a biz trip to boca (left last night head back Thursday), my jeep is sorta bored sitting at my work garage :-/

http://www.weather.com/weather/alerts/localalerts/08512?phenomena=WS&significance=A&areaid=NJZ012&office=KPHI&etn=0003

I'm getting 4WD on my next car, this is brutal in a FWD car when the roads aren't always salted/plowed in time.
My wife begs me for my truck when we get hit with a forecast of any potential accumulations. I get stuck sliding around in her little Scion Xb...

My '00 Trooper is at 170K miles. I need to find something else real soon. There is no getting near my house when it snows without 4WD.

My wife has it again though, while I get to slip and slide in her Xb. AND park around the block. :(

While some would say this was a perfect week to have a biz trip to boca (left last night head back Thursday), my jeep is sorta bored sitting at my work garage :-/
Oh, don't sweat it- this batch of white stuff will be here waiting for you when you get back... ;)

Snowing pretty hard in Balt suburbs presently.

This office is empty, should be heading home to go sledding in about an hour.

Central NJ - still dumping...been snowing since I left for work at 7:30 AM. I had an early AM meeting, and left after that (11:00). Roads were horrible. I quickly realized that back roads were likely moving as fast as the interstate and jumped off the main road...glad I did as apparently a jackknifed tractor trailer shut down I-78 westbound for an hour or so. Several cars were stuck trying to get up a steep hill near my house. I'll never understand what possesses people to pull up behind a car that is clearly stuck on a hill...the only place he has to go is backwards. Regardless, I waited for him to slide out of the way and went around...Definitely a 4WD + good tires type of day.

I just drove through the belly of the beast on the NJ Turnpike. Got on right behind a salt truck, followed by a plow truck :moneybag:

Glad I was allowed out of work when I was, or I might've been trapped there. Getting bad fast near me in Central NJ.

Looking at an Infiniti G37x, I have an Acura TSX and either it's not good in the snow, I'm not or both but I fish tail if I go above 20 mph in it. It never phased me until this winter, can't take it no more.

Used to feel priced out of the G37x, but with the introduction of the Q50 and the G37x price drop to around the TSX range, 100% in after a winter like this.

Hank

Forgot what time you got out but there's a jackknifed tractor trailer on the Downingtown exit on the pike. Hope you beat it.

Looking at an Infiniti G37x, I have an Acura TSX and either it's not good in the snow, I'm not or both but I fish tail if I go above 20 mph in it. It never phased me until this winter, can't take it no more.

Used to feel priced out of the G37x, but with the introduction of the Q50 and the G37x price drop to around the TSX range, 100% in after a winter like this.
It must be light in back. Should be able to fix that with some sand bags or a couple Cristo 4s in the trunk. Or maybe worn tires?

I actually went out to Wawa like a complete idiot. I just got a brand new Jeep Cherokee and wanted to see how it did in the snow. I live down a very steep Hill.

I took it very slow, jeep took it just fine but it was the other disabled cars all over the place that made it not a smart move. Dumb dumb dumb. Feel bad for the people who didn't get let of work around here until noon. We have 9 inches already and haven't seen the worst of it.

Hank

Forgot what time you got out but there's a jackknifed tractor trailer on the Downingtown exit on the pike. Hope you beat it.
Yeah I got out at 10:30 -- I've been at home here since about 11:45 ish, traffic moved pretty well considering the weather, now all the philly roads are complete garbage.

South Jersey roads are a total disaster. Didn't see a single salt truck or plow on 295. Took an hour for me to drive 8 miles to pick my wlife up at work. Actually elected to ride out things for now at a friend's house rather than try to get back home on 295 low on gas.

Took my wife and I 2 hours to drive 13 miles from Trenton to home in Northern Burlington County. Normally takes about 20 minutes.

Wife is deciding whether or not to drive home from downtown DC or not right now. Only about 3 inches on the ground by me in MD, not sure what the city is like. News makes it sounds like there are disabled cars every 5 feet. It's only about 12 miles and I sure would love some help with the kids but I'm thinking she should just check into a hotel and wait it out. If it was me, I'd drive it, but I lived 4 years in Cleveland and am an experienced snow driver, she isn't. Our Honda Odessy is not 4wd either.

Was on I think literally the last flight out of LGA. Amazed it wasn't cancelled like the rest. It looked bad out there. That said, smooth sailing up here now.

Otis said:
Was on I think literally the last flight out of LGA. Amazed it wasn't cancelled like the rest. It looked bad out there. That said, smooth sailing up here now.
tell your wife to just call an ambulance if labor starts. Would such to get stuck it on the road, plus they can use their lights to skip through the traffic jams. My wife was about 15 minutes from delivering my 2nd child in the hospital parking lot, don't let that be her

Users who are viewing this thread