What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (3 Viewers)

Why is there so much talk about trading Fulmer? Seems like a guy they could build their rotation around.
Because by the time they’re ready to compete in 3-5 years he’ll be hitting free agency

if you can get some high leve prospects for him I think you do it and try to speed up the rebuild 

Because by the time they’re ready to compete in 3-5 years he’ll be hitting free agency

if you can get some high leve prospects for him I think you do it and try to speed up the rebuild 
Compete? You mean like being 3 games out of first in the central right now? Trading Fulmer would just be perpetual rebuild. ####, it looks like they should have taken a shot on another bat or an Arriata at this rate. Why does it seem like every Tigers fan thinks this is some 5 year project? Even Avila he has stated he’s too damn old for that ####.

Compete? You mean like being 3 games out of first in the central right now? Trading Fulmer would just be perpetual rebuild. ####, it looks like they should have taken a shot on another bat or an Arriata at this rate. Why does it seem like every Tigers fan thinks this is some 5 year project? Even Avila he has stated he’s too damn old for that ####.
We are over achieving, the Indians are under, and we are still behind. It isn't happening this year.  Two choices with Fulmer - re sign him below market now or pursue trade options. Both really depend on one factor - health, right now and projecting to the future. 

Either way, this isn't a 5 year project. But it's probably 2-3. 

Dude it’s the middle of May.  This team will be 10 games under 500 in July 

We are over achieving, the Indians are under, and we are still behind. It isn't happening this year.  Two choices with Fulmer - re sign him below market now or pursue trade options. Both really depend on one factor - health, right now and projecting to the future. 

Either way, this isn't a 5 year project. But it's probably 2-3. 
We have 2 MLB quality bats ( Castellanos and Candelario) that will still be here in a few years.  Maybe the corpse of Miggy but he’ll be useless 

need as many prospects as we can get right now 

We have 2 MLB quality bats ( Castellanos and Candelario) that will still be here in a few years.  Maybe the corpse of Miggy but he’ll be useless 

JaCoby is showing some encouraging growth. He needs to be better than he is now, but he needed to get better than he was first. I think he's done that. He's probably not a second contract consideration, but he can at least get us to the young guys without rushing them. 

What prospects? Give me some examples. 

They control Fulmer through 2022, you just don’t trade him because you think you need “prospects.” There are other avenues to get to that end. 

Right trade him and HOPE to get 1 arm as good as him? hes young and cheap...for now....
I’d take some bats .  And he’s not gonna be that cheap once he starts hitting arbitration 

They control Fulmer through 2022, you just don’t trade him because you think you need “prospects.” There are other avenues to get to that end. 
:shrug:

Sorry I don’t get that deep into prospect research.  I just think we have a guy who we should consider trading if we get a good offer.  I don’t think he’s anywhere near untouchable 

I think at this point, the Tigers have to hope in 2021 they have a killer rotation filled with young guys, a couple guys who are solid regulars (Candy, Cameron, Paredes, Lugo, Stewart) and then sign a couple impact bats as free agents. 

I think at this point, the Tigers have to hope in 2021 they have a killer rotation filled with young guys, a couple guys who are solid regulars (Candy, Cameron, Paredes, Lugo, Stewart) and then sign a couple impact bats as free agents. 
They have the arms, they probably have a top five farm system as far as arms and we’re gonna add another with the #1 pick this year. 

Candelario, Stewart, and Paredes probably are the guys who can be above average regulars. All those guys have pretty high ceilings. 

But your take is exactly what I was thinking the other day. We’re gonna be a few bats short but you can sign bats. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, didn't think there was any way last night's lineup would be the one to end the 11 game skid vs Cle.
All it takes against the Tribe pen lately is a close game into the late innings, but - yeah, I didn't see this one being close going to the late innings.

I’d give this team a solid B for the first quarter of the season, and the exciting comebacks and late inning magic has been fun.

Who cares if they’re ten games out in July? That’s what they’re supposed to be. Enjoy the team playing good baseball, they are actually worth watching. 

Say whatever you want about this team: they suck, they’re trash, they’re on a 20 year rebuild plan... they don’t give a ####. They’ve fought in every game they’ve played and have more heart than any of the teams in the Brad years.

Doctor Detroit said:
I’d give this team a solid B for the first quarter of the season, and the exciting comebacks and late inning magic has been fun.

Who cares if they’re ten games out in July? That’s what they’re supposed to be. Enjoy the team playing good baseball, they are actually worth watching. 
They've way exceeded my expectations thus far. And they are fun to watch on top of it. 

I'm sure they will end up with like 70-75 wins on the season. But we will always have the first 40. 

When they predict teams winning or losing 100 games I don't think they count managers and the coaches they bring with them enough in the equation.
Plus how bad this division is. Det,KC and Chi could all lose 100 games based on their rosters but someone has to be the best of the worst and right now that looks like us.

What's the record for most 100 loss teams in a season? If it's less than 3 I predict the new record is set this year.

Minnesota needs a starting catcher. Castro is hurt. 

James McCann would look great in a Twins uniform. 

I had Miggy on my roster, and was happy with his productive start. But now I am reading that he has no plans to come off the DL anytime soon because he is angry. He is angry at the team for not appreciating when he plays hurt, and he is angry at the media and fans for bringing up his child-support issues. He's just angry, period.

What is the scoop from Tigers homers? Is this an ongoing thing?

I had Miggy on my roster, and was happy with his productive start. But now I am reading that he has no plans to come off the DL anytime soon because he is angry. He is angry at the team for not appreciating when he plays hurt, and he is angry at the media and fans for bringing up his child-support issues. He's just angry, period.

What is the scoop from Tigers homers? Is this an ongoing thing?
No. It was a crazy thing to say.

Very few athletes are as beloved in their home town as Miggy is in Detroit. Nobody ever says a bad word about him. Everyone loves him. Hell, I don't even think we are really mad at him for this. He's just frustrated, I'm sure. It sucks being hurt all the time. He'll be back.

No. It was a crazy thing to say.

Very few athletes are as beloved in their home town as Miggy is in Detroit. Nobody ever says a bad word about him. Everyone loves him. Hell, I don't even think we are really mad at him for this. He's just frustrated, I'm sure. It sucks being hurt all the time. He'll be back.
I agree with this...in it's current state. But IF quotes like this keep coming out, and are attributed to Miggy actually saying them, I can see the Tiger fandom turning rather quickly. The local radio talking heads this morning have been reading listener text messages - and a good percentage of them feel it's a conspiracy theory so-to-speak. That Miggy is leaking his "apparent" displeasure to the media in the hopes Tiger management will move him. Even IF there was a lick of truth to this, how do the Tigers unload a contract like Miggy has??

I agree with this...in it's current state. But IF quotes like this keep coming out, and are attributed to Miggy actually saying them, I can see the Tiger fandom turning rather quickly. The local radio talking heads this morning have been reading listener text messages - and a good percentage of them feel it's a conspiracy theory so-to-speak. That Miggy is leaking his "apparent" displeasure to the media in the hopes Tiger management will move him. Even IF there was a lick of truth to this, how do the Tigers unload a contract like Miggy has??
Yea - as much as I love him, it'd be great to move him. But nobody is taking that contract.

Shane Greene just isn't very good.
He’s good, just not closer material. 

They should have won Friday, that was a meltdown by Farmer and Saupold. Then today Liriano throws 8 innings of one hit ball and Greene blows it. 

And I was just saying that night the bullpen has been pretty good. I jinxed the whole thing. 

Right when this team looks like it might be competitive for the division they blow a couple of games to bring you back to reality.   Blowing a brilliant one hit performance is the worst.  

Not to sound clueless, but why is it that nobody ever just drafts a closer early? Why do they always seem to be converted starters?

I'm not sure what the 32 year old Coleman was doing wrong before, but this year for a sidearmer he seems to have gotten pretty straight.

Users who are viewing this thread