What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (5 Viewers)

Tigers needed to see some more of the young pitchers at the mlb level. More concerned about filling out the batting lineup with some hitting talent.

Tigers needed to see some more of the young pitchers at the mlb level. More concerned about filling out the batting lineup with some hitting talent.
I’m glad Gerber is getting a shot. Stewart and Lugo should be getting the call soon. 

I think the Tigers should give Iglesias a two year deal. Paredes is probably a 2020 arrival, and even though they have a lot of MIFer prospects, it’s nice to have that glove at SS and he’s has a nice year. I think there will be a one year market for him, but probably not a lot more. 

I think someone will trade for Liriano also. 

Maybe I should save this for the gambling thread, but has there ever been a more successful betting system than simply betting against all Detroit teams when on the west coast?

Even when they were good they’d come out of a Oakland/angels road trip with only one or two wins. 

Candelario showed life at least, but basically only from the right side. 

Jimenez is terrible.  
His 3.25 FIP says different but he’s having issues. I think he was overused in the first two months, just catching up to him now. 

I’m hearing Stewart will get the call in the next few days. At least we’ll have something to be interested in. 

Wow - from the Athletic - 

Multiple sources told The Athletic that neither Impemba nor Allen were part of Wednesday’s broadcast due to a physical altercation between the two television personalities following Tuesday’s game in Chicago against the White Sox.

According to the accounts of those sources, there has been simmering tension between both Impemba and Allen and the clash of personalities ultimately boiled over on Tuesday night.

Wow - from the Athletic - 

Multiple sources told The Athletic that neither Impemba nor Allen were part of Wednesday’s broadcast due to a physical altercation between the two television personalities following Tuesday’s game in Chicago against the White Sox.

According to the accounts of those sources, there has been simmering tension between both Impemba and Allen and the clash of personalities ultimately boiled over on Tuesday night.
They have hated each other for years. Been rumored that Mario has always felt Rod never did his homework or was prepared..Rod felt that Mario was the reason for his demotion.

CStew with two homers and 6 RBI tonight. 

The whole panic about his fielding skill was overblown and the tought of using him as a DH is stupid when Miggy should never play another game in the field. 

If they can find a lead off hitter a top four of CStew, Big Nick, and Miggy looks good. I think Candelario will be fine but he had three really bad months. Goodrum is an every day player, if Jacoby Jones had any kind of plate discipline he’d be playable because he’s very good in CF. 

I’d re-sign Iglesias even with the talented guys up the middle on the farm. A lot of roster fodder otherwise. 

Heard a lot of bragging on Casey Mize. The next “Stasburg” or “Mulder.” A lot of scouts think he’s one of the best college pitching prospects in the last 10 years. The young pitching should trickle in next year, Mize one of them. 

I'm curious if there will be any action done on Candy's wrist.  I expected him to get shut down and have some sort of procedure around roster expansion, but that obviously didn't happen.  If there ends up being nothing as backwards as it sounds that may not be a good thing.

There are several potential lead off bats hitting free agency.  Each one comes with their own issues, but I hope it's a priority - even if it's just a one year wave two vet.  Get that guy and the rest of the lineup more easily falls into place.

I actually watched the whole game last night. Jimenez sure got squeezed by the ump, but nice to see Castro get his first hit. 

Went to Detroit over the weekend, beautiful park you guys have there. We moved around a bit and the site lines are pretty great all the way around. Coming from Fenway anything is better but yours were top notch. I'd put look and feel up there with Camden for the parks I've been to. Loved the Tiger's greats statues in the OF, wish we had something like that at Fenway. Fans were very cool too, well done Detroit  :thumbup:

Went to Detroit over the weekend, beautiful park you guys have there. We moved around a bit and the site lines are pretty great all the way around. Coming from Fenway anything is better but yours were top notch. I'd put look and feel up there with Camden for the parks I've been to. Loved the Tiger's greats statues in the OF, wish we had something like that at Fenway. Fans were very cool too, well done Detroit  :thumbup:
Did you check out the New Amsterdam bar about right field? Nice place to hang out when the Tigers are getting lit up.

Heard an interview with Victor on the radio and he apologized a number of times for ripping the fans a few years back.  Said was sorry and related to his brother. "I love my brother but we fight all the time and no matter how big the fight I still love him..I feel the same way about the fans in Detroit'

Users who are viewing this thread