What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (3 Viewers)

Not a huge surprise the Tigers didn’t protect Derek Hill. I would doubt anyone would rule 5 him but I guess you never know. They did protect Perez though by moving him to 40 man roster. 

Welcome to Detroit Tyson Ross..hopefully the Tigers can get a prosepct at the trading deadline for you.
A few seasons ago, the Cubs offered Javy Baez to San Diego for Tyson Ross. 

San Diego refused, the main reason was their lingering embarrassment over the Anthony Rizzo for Andrew Cashner trade. 

They feared getting burned twice. 

A few seasons ago, the Cubs offered Javy Baez to San Diego for Tyson Ross. 

San Diego refused, the main reason was their lingering embarrassment over the Anthony Rizzo for Andrew Cashner trade. 

They feared getting burned twice. 
At time Ross seems dominant..don` know why he gets lit up so much.

Welcome to Detroit Tyson Ross..hopefully the Tigers can get a prosepct at the trading deadline for you.
Pretty much.  Like I was saying, the Tigers need to bridge to all their pitching prospects.  Mize, Perez, Manning, etc are on the way but they need some filler in the meanwhile.  Ross is good filler, Matt Moore probably not but these are the equivalent of throwing a few hundred bucks at Coinbase.  Ross is Bitcoin cash, Moore is buttgoblincoin.  Get 200 innings combined and that's profit. 

I thought I saw a guy who looked Bryce Harper with a guy who looked like Scott Boras at Nemos bar eating lunch today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the only Tigers off-season news is how much Cabrera is going to pay his mistress a month.

Miggy was paying her 10K a month and his wife was pissed so he cut it to 5K a month..mistress goes to court and gets 20K a month plus a bunch of other perks.   

Dan Lambskin said:
Meh, I liked Mario.  Rod was a moron but he was harmless 

Shep and gibby is going to be awful
I did not mind either one....baseball is close to a 3 hour broadcast so I am not looking for them to dissect every AB and pitch.  Rod was stupid but he was entertaining at times. Rod and Craig Monroe go to O`Tooles in Royal Oak many times after broadcasts.   Both are great to talk to.

Slide piece..

Gibson’s analysis is excellent. He just doesn’t have the voice for it. The opposite of Rod, who has a great voice and catch phrases but doesn’t add any insight at all. If they could have Gibby type stuff up on a teleprompter for Rod to say that would be perfect.

Mikie Mahtook with 2 home runs today.  🐢🐢 
Would be nice if he or Jones could provide above replacement-level play but I'm doubting it. 

Bojang0301 said:
Not looking forward to this year. 
It's an interesting year as some of this pitching talent they've built up will be ready this year.  I think that'll give us an idea how long this process will take.  But the lineup is gonna be pretty bad outside Harrison, Cabrera, and Nick.  I like Goodrum as like a Marwin Gonzalez guy, but he'd have been better suited playing on the 2013 team, not this one.  Hopefully Candelario and Stewart can take steps forward, I think the injury suppressed Candy last year. 

Bojang0301 said:
Not looking forward to this year. 
Here's something to be happy about: Candelario looks to be a solid power hitter for the next ten years. Isaac Paredes has a lot of potential.

In return, Justin Wilson gave the Cubs seventy innings of erratic pitching. Theo predicted he would be the Cubs closer of the future, and actually compared him to Billy Wagner. Fun fact--Wilson had four save opportunities as a Cub.

He blew all four.

Here's something to be happy about: Candelario looks to be a solid power hitter for the next ten years. Isaac Paredes has a lot of potential.

In return, Justin Wilson gave the Cubs seventy innings of erratic pitching. Theo predicted he would be the Cubs closer of the future, and actually compared him to Billy Wagner. Fun fact--Wilson had four save opportunities as a Cub.

He blew all four.
I always thought he was better as a 7th or 8th inning guy.

Would be nice if he or Jones could provide above replacement-level play but I'm doubting it. 

It's an interesting year as some of this pitching talent they've built up will be ready this year.  I think that'll give us an idea how long this process will take.  But the lineup is gonna be pretty bad outside Harrison, Cabrera, and Nick.  I like Goodrum as like a Marwin Gonzalez guy, but he'd have been better suited playing on the 2013 team, not this one.  Hopefully Candelario and Stewart can take steps forward, I think the injury suppressed Candy last year. 
Yea I think the fun of this year will be to see which - if any (hope) - of the young guys take a step forward. Which ones have promise and which don't.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/central-notes-fulmer-wood-m-perez.html

“Tigers right-hander Michael Fulmer was one of the majors’ hardest-throwing starters from 2016-18, but his velocity has been anything but imposing early in 2019. As has been the case throughout the spring, Fulmer’s fastball sat in the 88 to 92 mph range during a 44-pitch outing Saturday, leading Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press to note that the soon-to-be 26-year-old “didn’t look right.” The Tigers aren’t confident Fulmer’s velocity will return, writes Fenech, which is an eyebrow-raising observation given that he’s one of the rebuilding team’s most valuable players and trade chips.”

Ugh

Probably why they keep drafting pitchers every year. They know a certain % won't work out because of either physical or mental issues.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/03/central-notes-fulmer-wood-m-perez.html

“Tigers right-hander Michael Fulmer was one of the majors’ hardest-throwing starters from 2016-18, but his velocity has been anything but imposing early in 2019. As has been the case throughout the spring, Fulmer’s fastball sat in the 88 to 92 mph range during a 44-pitch outing Saturday, leading Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free Press to note that the soon-to-be 26-year-old “didn’t look right.” The Tigers aren’t confident Fulmer’s velocity will return, writes Fenech, which is an eyebrow-raising observation given that he’s one of the rebuilding team’s most valuable players and trade chips.”

Ugh
Yeah but Chris Sale is only throwing 91-92 too, so I don't worry this early.  Spring Training is going through the motions, rarely does Spring Training performance actually mean anything from April to September. 

Worth keeping an eye, not worth worrying about IMO. 

Any opinions on Grayson Greiner (other than he has a cool sounding name)?

I don't know very much about him, other than he is raking so far in spring training, and that he is a big kid, like Lance Parrish. After Realmuto, and Grandal, the catching position is mostly a wasteland. I would rather take an end-of-draft flyer on someone like Greiner or Danny Jansen than use a higher pick on Sanchez or Contreras.

I don't know very much about him, other than he is raking so far in spring training, and that he is a big kid, like Lance Parrish. After Realmuto, and Grandal, the catching position is mostly a wasteland. I would rather take an end-of-draft flyer on someone like Greiner or Danny Jansen than use a higher pick on Sanchez or Contreras.
They got rid of McCann because of Greiner so tigers must like him. They also have a guy in the minors named Rogers but he is still learning to hit.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/03/17/detroit-tigers-rookie-grayson-greiner-starting-assert-his-authority-behind-plate/3193778002/

Double digit BB rate across all levels the last 2 years may be enough in this order to slide him up into a RBI position - 257/319 with 25 bombs and 68 XBH in 209 upper minors games.  Given the dredge that is the C position I agree he's a worthwhile late round consideration.  Jansen's a substantial step higher though.

This kid just can't catch a break  --

Detroit Tigers pitching prospect Franklin Perez won’t start the 2019 season on time after enduring another injury setback.

Perez, 21, will miss four to six weeks with right shoulder tendinitis, the team said Friday. 

Perez was not listed on any of the minor-league rosters released Thursday, sparking questions about his status.

Users who are viewing this thread