What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (4 Viewers)

I’m choosing to believe that Miggy’s HORRIBLE start is the result in playing all the games in 40 degree weather. And not the fact that he’s 36 years old and done.

Boyd was the best starter we had last year, he’s down right nasty now. He’s Robby Ray without the 7 walks a Game. 

Hes throwing the slider between 87 and 91 with different release points and movement. 

whoknew said:
I’m choosing to believe that Miggy’s HORRIBLE start is the result in playing all the games in 40 degree weather. And not the fact that he’s 36 years old and done.
Latin 36*

i think the pitching will be better this year, even without Fulmer. Both Mize and Manning are possible callups too, and Perez if that guy can ever stay off the DL. 

They have two All Star caliber hitters, two younger guys that should hit pretty well, Harrison who has always been solid, and CStew who will have some power runs.

The division is dog ####, I mean if everything went right they could be hanging around in August. I mean I doubt it but the personnel is not that bad. 

I just keep asking myself what if they had hired Gardenhire in 2014? I bet they wouldn’t have lost to the ####### Orioles. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think Cle is toast and the Twins take the division pretty easily but can see Tigers finish 2nd. Hopefully this is the year some of these young arms finally show dividends- Boyd looking great so far.

Doctor Detroit said:
 i think the pitching will be better this year, even without Fulmer. Both Mize and Manning are possible callups too, and Perez if that guy can ever stay off the DL. 

They have two All Star caliber hitters, two younger guys that should hit pretty well, Harrison who has always been solid, and CStew who will have some power runs.

The division is dog ####, I mean if everything went right they could be hanging around in August. I mean I doubt it but the personnel is not that bad. 

I just keep asking myself what if they had hired Gardenhire in 2014? I bet they wouldn’t have lost to the ####### Orioles. 
:goodposting:   Had this EXACT conversation with a couple of guys yesterday over at Nemo's!!  

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical this is a mirage against other other bad teams.  Of which there are a lot of.  If we're singing the same tune come May after road trips to Minnesota, Boston, and Philly I'll re-consider though.  There's just no margin for error with this offense - and I get that it's only been a week and a half but the only regular with an OPS > 716 is Niko.  But I'm gonna keep an open mind with this pitching staff.  If we're winning games it's because of them and that could lead to some interesting trade chips come July.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm skeptical this is a mirage against other other bad teams.  Of which there are a lot of.  If we're singing the same tune come May after road trips to Minnesota, Boston, and Philly I'll re-consider though.  There's just no margin for error with this offense - and I get that it's only been a week and a half but the only regular with an OPS > 716 is Niko.  But I'm gonna keep an open mind with this pitching staff.  If we're winning games it's because of them and that could lead to some interesting trade chips come July.
The AL has some pretty bad teams. Having to play the NL East doesn’t help, but the rest of the Central has to do the same. I don’t think they’ll be playing for anything in September, but a competitive and interesting team through July would be neat. 

Boyd was the best starter we had last year, he’s down right nasty now. He’s Robby Ray without the 7 walks a Game. 

Hes throwing the slider between 87 and 91 with different release points and movement. 
Does he have legit ace potential?  I just got him off the waiver wire today.  

Dam..after watching the Tiger games on TV I miss Mario and Rod.  Terrible..I would listen to the radio but the feed is usually off a batter.

Users who are viewing this thread