Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun***

Doctor Detroit

Lobstein is discovering why it is not good to leave off speed pitches out over the middle of the plate.

Not sure what you want from him, Tigers probably need to score more runs in supporting what is probably the Tigers #8 starter.

• Like 1

Regardless of the outcome, that's another quality outing from Lobstein. Dude really did a good job this year when they rolled him out there. Can't wait to see him after they coach him up for another year or two.

Awesome outing, not sure what more you could ask. Hell if he goes five and gives up three I'm happy.

Regardless of the outcome, that's another quality outing from Lobstein. Dude really did a good job this year when they rolled him out there. Can't wait to see him after they coach him up for another year or two.

Awesome outing, not sure what more you could ask. Hell if he goes five and gives up three I'm happy.

I have been pointing out Lobstein's good performances for a while. He just made a few mistakes in that second inning, the sox hitters crushed them, and it spoiled an otherwise very good outing. Detroit hitters instead popped up the best pitches they got to hit.

Nice comeback by the Tribe to nip KC in 10.

:sadbanana:

Single, PR, 1 out

2 outs

K SB ground out

Gotta love Yost running done by 2

ETA: down

F'n thumbs

Single! 4-3

Here comes Omar Infante

another PR

2-0 count Dyson steaks 2nd

ETA: steals

Though I do love Kansas City steaks

Infante pops out

Drama over

MAGIC NUMBER IS SIX

The Tribe almost blew the suspended game, but held on to win 4-3. They lost the full game 2-0.

I blame the Fister trade for Da Guru not knowing exactly what happened last night.

Also for most of the earthquakes that happened in the South Pacific and for locusts.

Edited by Doctor Detroit

The Tribe almost blew the suspended game, but held on to win 4-3. They lost the full game 2-0.

I blame the Fister trade for Da Guru not knowing exactly what happened last night.

Also for most of the earthquakes that happened in the South Pacific and for locusts.

:porked: I woke up at 4am and just checked scores. Have not had a good night sleep since the Fister trade.

ERA W-L SO WHIP 2.55 15-6 89 1.12 Edited by Da Guru

:porked: I woke up at 4am and just checked scores. Have not had a good night sleep since the Fister trade.

Feel the same way about losing Smyly and AJax. Future CYA winner and the best defensive OF in the world for a guy with a 4.23 ERA.

• Like 1

Feel the same way about losing Smyly and AJax. Future CYA winner and the best defensive OF in the world for a guy with a 4.23 ERA.

Dombrowski must have thought that Max would jump all over the extension offered, and rightly so. With his deal this year and 144 tacked on it was worth 160 million.

Had he known that Max was going to play out his contract I highly doubt he would have dealt Fister.

Can't tell if you're joking. I sure hope you are.

• Like 1

Can't tell if you're joking. I sure hope you are.

It's been a running joke all year to complain about Dombrowski's first major misstep.

Dombrowski must have thought that Max would jump all over the extension offered, and rightly so. With his deal this year and 144 tacked on it was worth 160 million.

Had he known that Max was going to play out his contract I highly doubt he would have dealt Fister.

He's a smarter man than I am, not sure what the thought process was. When we traded Fister on the heels of dumping Prince, I figured the Max signing was around the corner. Instead we gave Miggy the lifetime achievement contract. Which he deserves, but I guess I would have locked up my CYA winner since the B2B MVP already had a mega deal. But whatever, we're in the thick of it for the fourth straight year. That's historic in and of itself.

GAME INFORMATION
Who:
Detroit Tigers (86-70, 1st in AL Central) vs. Chicago White Sox (85-71, 4th in AL Central)
When: 7:08 p.m.
Where: Comerica Park in Detroit
TV: Fox Sports Detroit
Radio: 97.1 The Ticket and the Detroit Tigers radio network

STARTING PITCHERS

Detroit Tigers
David Price (14-12, 3.37 ERA)
Lifetime vs. White Sox: 4-5, 3.69 ERA

Chicago White Sox
Scott Carroll (5-10, 5.01 ERA)
Lifetime vs. Tigers: 0-1, 5.40 ERA

STARTING LINEUPS

(Statistics vs. opposing starter in parentheses)

Chicago White Sox

1. Adam Eaton, CF (3 for 4)
2. Alexei Ramirez, SS (5 for 26, .192)
3. Jose Abreu, DH (1 for 3, HR, 2 RBIs)
4. Avisail Garcia, RF
5. Dayan Viciedo, LF (2 for 9, .222, 2B, 3 SOs)
6. Paul Konerko, 1B (10 for 23, .435, 2B, 2 HRs, 7 RBIs, 4 SOs)
7. Marcus Semien, 3B (2 for 4, 2B)
8. Josh Phegley, C (1 for 4, HR)
9. Carlos Sanchez, 2B

Detroit Tigers

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B (1 for 3, 2B, 2 RBIs)
2. Torii Hunter, RF (1 for 2, 2B, 2 RBIs)
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B (0 for 3)
4. Victor Martinez, DH (1 for 3)
5. J.D. Martinez, LF (3 for 3, 2B)
6. Nick Castellanos, 3B (0 for 3)
7. Alex Avila C (1 for 3, 2B)
8. Eugenio Suarez, SS (1 for 3)
9. Rajai Davis, CF

GAME NOTES

-- The Tigers lead the Kansas City Royals by just one game in the Central Division standings. A Tigers loss and a Royals win tonight would leave the two teams tied atop the division with five games to play.

-- White Sox rookie Scott Carroll struggled in his only previous start against the Tigers. He allowed seven runs -- just three earned -- on 10 hits in five innings of work Aug. 29 in a 7-1 loss to the Tigers in Chicago.

-- As expected, right-hander Anibal Sanchez has been activated from the disabled list and will be available out of the bullpen.

-- Alex Avila is in the starting lineup for the second consecutive day after missing a week due to a concussion. Avila went 0 for 4 with three strikeouts Monday night in a 2-0 loss to the White Sox.

-- Miguel Cabrera matched his career high Monday night with his 50th double of the season. The Tigers lead the majors with 315 doubles this season.

-- The Tigers lead the American League with a .284 average at home. The pitching staff has a 4.14 ERA in 75 home games this season.

-- The forecast for Detroit calls for clear skies and temperatures in the 60s for the game tonight.

Please except my resignation. I quit this ####### team.

I'm in charge of Detroit fans quitting their team around here, guy. Exception denied.
related
can't believe I used the wrong word. I was blinded by rage. And don't even get me started on the Lions...
  • Like 1

Please except my resignation. I quit this ####### team.

I'm in charge of Detroit fans quitting their team around here, guy. Exception denied.
related
can't believe I used the wrong word. I was blinded by rage. And don't even get me started on the Lions...

Like the Tigers, you needed to get it wrong before you could get it right. It was metaphorical.

• Like 1