What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (5 Viewers)

There is no such thing as a stressful win. The stress goes away once the 27th out is made.

You want stressful? Start being an Astros fan.

Deja vu all over again with the bullpen.
Kelly or Gonzalez should have had the Al Al hit, Hunter should have had the first Nathan hit, Gonzo made an error, and Nathan got Cruz and Davis out. So Nathan allowed that one legit hit.

Coke was bad, but Reed and Nathan pitched well and Al Al just had one batter that should have been out. Orioles got 6 outs in the 9th.
Kelly had a play on it, but Gonzalez has to take the ball. His angle is so much easier to make that catch. His age showed quite a bit on that play.

Nathan looks like a horse the way he expels air before every pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of last inning, Verlander has been getting through the innings with low pitch count. He may be in position to get a complete game and I hope he gets that opportunity.

Nice play by Collins in Left. Verlander went with too many breaking pitches there. He was set up for a fastball strikeout, but did not go for it.

Gotta tip your cap to Chris Tillman, everything was at the knees in the black. Pretty impressive performance today.

Deja vu all over again with the bullpen.
Kelly or Gonzalez should have had the Al Al hit, Hunter should have had the first Nathan hit, Gonzo made an error, and Nathan got Cruz and Davis out. So Nathan allowed that one legit hit.

Coke was bad, but Reed and Nathan pitched well and Al Al just had one batter that should have been out. Orioles got 6 outs in the 9th.
..I almost said "bullpen and fielding" (having read that Gonzalez had an error), but didn't see the game to realize there was more to it than that.

Still think Worth/Perez/Lombo could have filled in at SS as good as Romine/Gonzo. Lombo made some very nice plays at 2B this weekend.

Still think Worth/Perez/Lombo could have filled in at SS as good as Romine/Gonzo. Lombo made some very nice plays at 2B this weekend.
He's not a SS though, he would have basically been emergency only. So then you have Worth who really can't hit, and Perez and or Suarez who are unknown. I think they would have needed one of Romine or Gonzo regardless, maybe not both.

He's not a SS though, he would have basically been emergency only. So then you have Worth who really can't hit, and Perez and or Suarez who are unknown. I think they would have needed one of Romine or Gonzo regardless, maybe not both.
I can`t see Romine reaching the Mendoza line.

Limp Ditka said:
I thought Evan Reed looked Sharper this year.
Yeah he was hitting 97 on Saturday, I don't remember him throwing that hard before. Two of him, Putkonen, Ortega, or Mercedes are going to have to be good or any of them good at different periods of time. I think Krol will be a decent Loogy, and Nathan will likely be solid. Al Al is hit or miss, Coke should be pitching in a softball game, and Chamberlain has looked rough. I think they trade for some bullpen help in June or July, but until then some of these guys are going to have to step up. Losing Rondon was huge, he was the best arm they had out there.

Limp Ditka said:
Yeah he was hitting 97 on Saturday, I don't remember him throwing that hard before. Two of him, Putkonen, Ortega, or Mercedes are going to have to be good or any of them good at different periods of time. I think Krol will be a decent Loogy, and Nathan will likely be solid. Al Al is hit or miss, Coke should be pitching in a softball game, and Chamberlain has looked rough. I think they trade for some bullpen help in June or July, but until then some of these guys are going to have to step up. Losing Rondon was huge, he was the best arm they had out there.
There's a reason Sharper has a capital S

Limp Ditka said:
Reed is being investigated by Detroit Police for a Sexual assault that happened the night before the home opener.

Limp Ditka said:
Yeah, found that out this morning. Good one, hilarious.

Limp Ditka said:
Yeah, found that out this morning. Good one, hilarious.
The opposite of sharper is limper.

Vin Scully has been talking about Torii Hunter for ten minutes talking about where he grew up, what he went through, and what a great guy he is. Nice to not have to hear that ######## Rod Allen tell us how he offered a handjob to Torii in the clubhouse. Reason I don't get the MLB Extra Innings package? Because I'd have to listen to those two stooges we have all year, I'll listen to Dan and Jim instead.

Torii banged into the wall trying to get a flyball, hurt his knee. He stayed in until the 5th, then they put Kelly in. Would not be a good time for Hunter to go to the DL, not at all.

Is there really a point on keeping Choke on the team? I guess technically he is really not a choke artist since he allows hits in every situation.

Vin Scully has been talking about Torii Hunter for ten minutes talking about where he grew up, what he went through, and what a great guy he is. Nice to not have to hear that ######## Rod Allen tell us how he offered a handjob to Torii in the clubhouse. Reason I don't get the MLB Extra Innings package? Because I'd have to listen to those two stooges we have all year, I'll listen to Dan and Jim instead.
Is there really a point on keeping Choke on the team? I guess technically he is really not a choke artist since he allows hits in every situation.
Hopefully Coke will be handed a plane ticket this morning. It is time to cut bait. Would have rather seen Joba try to get out of the jam since we know what the end result with Coke was going to be.

On another note Davis is superfast. Stole second without a throw. Seemed like he was almost there before the ball got to the plate.

Torii banged into the wall trying to get a flyball, hurt his knee. He stayed in until the 5th, then they put Kelly in. Would not be a good time for Hunter to go to the DL, not at all.
I heard Al Kaline talking last year about how he does not like the players sliding when catching the ball all the time now. Hunter may have had to yesterday but more and more in the open field we are seeing this and seeing balls misplayed. Kaline says the players should not leave their feet and just run through the ball in the open field.

Really not sure why they went to Coke when Drew is available like he was when he went 3 innings last week, extra innings were made for him.

. Maybe like in a science fiction story Old Jimmy has taken over the young guy's brain.

Really not sure why they went to Coke when Drew is available like he was when he went 3 innings last week, extra innings were made for him.

. Maybe like in a science fiction story Old Jimmy has taken over the young guy's brain.
Honestly I liked the move. Test Coke now to see if he can get you an out or two in a clutch spot.

I would rather see them recall Ortega or Mercedes at this point, our time with Phil is over. I was praying Chamberlain would not walk anyone in the 10th, because I knew they were gonna yank him. He looked good last night though.

MLB EI has home/road telecasts, GB. I listen to the road call of the Cardinals all the time.

Anibal doesn't look like he's ready for the season just yet. Kind of expected this but figured maybe the Socal weather would help him some.

ETA: VMart with his first game at catcher in a long time not helping. He did catch Gordon in the first, but they have two steals through the first two.

Nice job by Sanchez to get through five after throwing 63 pitches through two tonight. Once he settled in, he looked like the Anibal we know and love. :thumbup:

It's really exciting to watch a player that the Tigers drafted, that the Tigers developed, turn into make great strides as he graduates through the different levels of the system. Castellanos might not win ROY, but he looks like a guy who is getting better and better with every at bat. Good eye, he's put on some weight since 2012 when I saw him in Erie, and he has good pitch recognition for a 22-year-old. He was sitting dead red on Beckett tonight on the first pitch, and that thing was gone on a flash over the wall in center. Not sure he's going to be a huge home run guy, but I think at Comerica he's gonna be a doubles machine.

Also Drew Smyly is fantastic. 93mph fastball, evil curve to lefties, and now he's throwing his change-up more. Hope they leave him in for the 8th and 9th.

It's no fun if you guys don't have a closer who keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Tigers went like three years without getting a hit off this guy in the mid 2000s. I'm not even kidding, most dominant thing you've ever seen.

I wanted Balfour, I'm not a fan of a guy who can't throw his primary pitch (slider) for a strike. Terrible. Should have just left Smyly in.

Tigers have now allowed a run in the 9th or later in six straight games. Gonna be a long season unless they move one of the starters to the pen and pitch them every game.

Ausmus ####ed up not bringing Smyly back for the 9th, Dodgers couldn't touch him. He did the same thing Leyland would have done, guess how that worked out?

Users who are viewing this thread