What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Detroit Tigers thread: 1st pick yet again, this is not fun*** (6 Viewers)

Boos for Ausmus. Tiger fans are tough.
They weren't booing Ausmus.
They were booing the possibility of pulling price for Nathan.
Sure, then they gave Price a standing O.Nathan needs about 20 clean innings for him not to be given the business.
I hope doubt he can pull that off
Fixed.

Picked up tix for a couple of the Tigers-Cubs games at Wrigley Field in August and for a June Tigers-White Sox game. In May I start transitioning from an administrative slot to a full-time faculty position at my university, which will add a lot more leisure time so that I can actually relax and catch some ballgames. :yes:

Looking back, Nathan didn't blow a save until the second game of the year last year (ultimately won by Detroit in the 10th). So we're not out of the woods with Joe quite yet.

Looking back, Nathan didn't blow a save until the second game of the year last year (ultimately won by Detroit in the 10th). So we're not out of the woods with Joe quite yet.
Oh man. You mean I was premature in popping open the champaign on the return of Nathan as a top closer?

There is zero chance Nathan keeps this job. The implosions are looming. Soria will be closing by May 1 IMO

Porcello has signed a four-year contract extension with the Boston Red Sox. The deal is worth $82.5 million, according to multiple media reports.

Those reports say Porcello will receive a signing bonus of $500,000 and salaries of $20 million in 2016 and 2017 and $21 million the following two years.
What's that work out to, about $1.5-1.75M per win?

jon_mx said:
This Iglesias kid has quite a bat, the only real question now is his glove. :oldunsure:
Between Avila's eye and Iglesias' bat, some real challenges are created for the opposing staff. Pretty tough to face the top of the order with those two on base all the time!

Sanchez ... :wub:

jon_mx said:
This Iglesias kid has quite a bat, the only real question now is his glove. :oldunsure:
Between Avila's eye and Iglesias' bat, some real challenges are created for the opposing staff. Pretty tough to face the top of the order with those two on base all the time!

Sanchez ... :wub:
When 8-9 guys get on base 8 times in 8 at-bats and score 7 runs (should have been 8), there is no way you are losing.

There is zero chance Nathan keeps this job. The implosions are looming. Soria will be closing by May 1 IMO
I meant Apr 9th - implosions/injuries, eh, semantics.

Good news for Tiger fans though.
I hate to see anyone's career ended by injury, but this may be the best out for everyone.

This may be a blessing in disguise. Ruining Indians opening day would be fun and that's more likely to happen with Greene than Alfredo. Also would at least delay the need for a 5th starter.

This may be a blessing in disguise. Ruining Indians opening day would be fun and that's more likely to happen with Greene than Alfredo. Also would at least delay the need for a 5th starter.
I want to see Lobstein get some work
I don't think a baseball team has ever gotten through a season with just 5 starters, so you will. I'm fine with that not being until later though.

Shane Greene had a great outing. I was a bit surprised the Tigers got him so easily. Was very solid as a rookie and looked great today. Detroit has him under control for 5 years. :thumbup:

Gorzelanny, Detroits new closer! Pick him up in all formats. :excited:

Good outing though for him. Looks like a decent arm coming out of the pen.

Nothing like playing the Twinkies to get your season started on the right foot. Molitor in for a long year over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc- Surprised that fire didnt burn your poor ### growing up. BTW, Were you off your knees enough to catch the game??

Tigers set a new mlb AL record for consecutive shutout innings to start a season.
Fixed. Nevertheless ...

And they still haven't given up an earned run. I'm liking the line-up a lot. Put anybody on base from the back end or front of the order and you risk facing Miggy, VMart, JDM, and Cepedes. That's not an easy task.

I already see Greene as an upgrade to Porcello. Probably the second most important acquisition of the offseason. So as soon as JV is back and pitching well, I really like our top 4 starters. Between Simon, Lobstein, and possibly even Gorzelanny in an emergency, I think we will be OK at the fifth spot. It was only the Twins, but feeling our the starting rotation will be towards the top in the league. Great way to start the season especially considering it was not VMart and Miggy having to do the heavy lifting on offense.

ETA: I think the Yankees will regret trading away Greene.

Ok, Shane. Just 30-some more starts like that one. Please, and thank you.

First one to 10 wins today though. ####ty right handed starters and a strong wind blowing out to right.

Users who are viewing this thread