What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total "punk" behavior too much? (1 Viewer)

i dont mind kap doing it , they went up 2 scores and the game was pretty much locked up.

allen on the other hand.. your losing the game.

Did not bother me at all. I like when the games are intense, chippy with lots of chirping. It makes it even more entertaining when the chirper gets burned, screws up or knocked out. NFL can be a humbling game.

Kaep is a ego driven punk. He'll get his, and it might be as soon as next week.

Luck also is out of line by mocking cavemen. No one cares because cavemen are all gone. It's still uncool.

tommyGunZ said:
Is this the annual "grumpy white nerds on the internet whine about athlete celebrations" thread?
Oh what a shock. TGunz is ok with the classless, loudmouth garbage. Really shocked here. Hmm...I wonder why...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the NFL - bravado is part of the culture.

If you want classy, low key celebrations (for the most part), try watching the NHL.
The stark difference between the celebrations from NFLers to NHLers, is that what someone in the NFL scores, they immediately look draw the attention to themselves; when someone in the NHL scores, they immediately look for someone to celebrate with.

tommyGunZ said:
Is this the annual "grumpy white nerds on the internet whine about athlete celebrations" thread?
:goodposting:

The "Get off my lawn" mentality is especially comical given the Legion of Doom avatar of the OP, who is annoyed by the trash talking :)

Put me in the old guy category too I guess. I like to see players excited & certainly don't mind TD celebrations but the imitating the other team's player's TD celebration just seems very non-creative & low class to me. I have been calling him Kaperdink for quite awhile now. What I find really annoying is every time a player catches a ball or has a 6 yard run that he acts like he just won the Super Bowl & has to signal first down emphatically. The NFL is becoming the "Look at me league!" We may never see another Barry Sanders who always acted like he expected to pick up 1st downs & score TD's....just flipping the ball to the ref afterwards.

Kaep is a ego driven punk. He'll get his, and it might be as soon as next week.

Luck also is out of line by mocking cavemen. No one cares because cavemen are all gone. It's still uncool.
Does thinking that Kaep will "get his" let you sleep better at night, despite the jealousy and hate? Calling him out on a fantasy football message board will definitely put that superstar, multi-millionaire NFL QB in his place :lmao:

I'm picturing you guys laying under your covers, fuming about the whipper snappers and how kids today show no respect.

I blame it on harbaugh. He seems like a real jerk and his team follows his lead.

Yeah, others do it too. But SF just seems full of punks.

I was hoping for a cheap knee shot to Boldin and knock him out for the reason of the season with his thug antics yesterday

If you want classy, low key celebrations (for the most part), try watching the NHL.
The stark difference between the celebrations from NFLers to NHLers, is that what someone in the NFL scores, they immediately look draw the attention to themselves; when someone in the NHL scores, they immediately look for someone to celebrate with.
Bingo...it's sports/competition so there's nothing wrong with being fired-up and celebrating big plays...yet too many of these guys celebrate in a selfish/immature manner or in a manner to demean their opponent...seriously, you're in your late 20's and early 30's and you are still craving personal attention...you really don't realize how foolish some of these guys look until you have kids and than have to explain to them why it's ok for them to act in a manner that would be unacceptable at a third grade sporting event...

It all starts with the wearing of the straight- brimmed thug hat and the tattoos. Everybody is a gangsta wannabe tough guy.

Ballstein said:
The chest beating is starting to annoy me.
On totally average plays too. That's the part that is so ridiculous.

- You scored a TD and you are still down 10, get your ### back to the bench, you haven't done jack #### yet. Keenan Allen being the latest fool.

- You caught a pass and ran for a 1st down. Been done millions of times before you. Ted Ginn.

- You tackled the guy after a 2 yard gain. big ####### deal, get back to the huddle.

- You knocked down the pass. Act like you have done it before, not like it just won the Super Bowl.

Normally, I'd agree wholeheartedly with the OP. But I would like to see Boldin play one more game with the chippiness that he displayed yesterday. I hope he draws Richard Sherman all game long and pushes him around and gets him out of his game. Sherman is quite possibly the biggest ##### in the game right now and I'd love to see Sherman lose his cool and have Boldin pick him up and splatter him into the turf.

As for Kaepernick, he is easily the closest thing the NFL has right now of a street gang thug playing quarterback. From the tats to the taunting to the gangster-style way he wears his cap, he's lucky he was born with talent or he'd be in the Bloods or Cryps.

In the NFL you often see guys score and try to run away from their own teammates who are trying to congratulate them.

AngryPatriot said:
I found parts of the SF/Car game way too loaded with punk behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. I didn't like it, lame. And I like hard-nosed football but all this ego crap seemed too much. I'm like explaining stuff to my kids about it... There was mocking and taunting on most plays, very few flags. Very immature, unprofessional and it ended up hurting play, esp. Carolina. Does anyone else feel this way? Yeah, yeah, I am getting old or don't get it, whatever, but I definitely don't see to much of it on a week to week basis as a Pats fan, so it was a bit surprising in a bad way. I would guess coaching has some to do with it but I think it was a black eye for the league today.
You are not alone, I felt the same. I had not said anything about and my 17 yr old son comes in and notices. He said, what is these players? So, age is surely not a determining factor of how the behavior was viewed. It was over the top and poor job of coaches reigning in their teams/behavior.

Wait til 49ers v Hawks this weekend. Game might take 5 hrs due to all the trash talking b/w every play.

Just look at the HCs of those teams to see why they do it so much, Petey and Harbaugh(hate each other) and will be talking trash all week(in the locker rooms I hope).

Does anyone think Boldin/Davis/Crabs wont be talking to Sherman/Thomas/etc?

Joe Buck might be due for another all time quote(a la Randy Moss at Packers).

Personally, I dont care. They making fools of themselves IMO. Its not cool, needed or part of the real game of football. To each his own.

Normally, I'd agree wholeheartedly with the OP. But I would like to see Boldin play one more game with the chippiness that he displayed yesterday. I hope he draws Richard Sherman all game long and pushes him around and gets him out of his game. Sherman is quite possibly the biggest ##### in the game right now and I'd love to see Sherman lose his cool and have Boldin pick him up and splatter him into the turf.

As for Kaepernick, he is easily the closest thing the NFL has right now of a street gang thug playing quarterback. From the tats to the taunting to the gangster-style way he wears his cap, he's lucky he was born with talent or he'd be in the Bloods or Cryps.
I could see the opposite happening. Sherman is pretty smart and knows when to take his shots. Boldin acts like he has penalty immunity (and maybe he does) - he blatantly gets away with stuff other players could only dream of. Maybe next week his behavior finally catches up with him and he takes a few penalties. Besides you would think the officials should be calling this game tighter after yeterday's display.

Allen caught 2 TDs when the game was out of hand and acted like he had staked SD to a 2TD lead.
Wrong
allen scored in the 4th quarter when they were down 17-0

and then again when they were down 24-7.

either way his team was LOSING
And both times, his 'celebration' was to point at his nametag on the back of his jersey. lol A pretty blatant way of letting everyone know who he is playing for. He's going to be a good one, it's a shame he's just another self-centered, diva wide receiver.

Has nothing to do with the game other than getting into the opponent's head. Funny thing is that the guys who engage in it most heavily are most likely the same ones to be affected by it coming back. Talk ####, eat ####.

Allen caught 2 TDs when the game was out of hand and acted like he had staked SD to a 2TD lead.
Wrong
allen scored in the 4th quarter when they were down 17-0

and then again when they were down 24-7.

either way his team was LOSING
And both times, his 'celebration' was to point at his nametag on the back of his jersey. lol A pretty blatant way of letting everyone know who he is playing for. He's going to be a good one, it's a shame he's just another self-centered, diva wide receiver.
Exactly. Pointing to your name on the back of your jersey seemed pretty low class to me.

tommyGunZ said:
Oh what a shock. TGunz is ok with the classless, loudmouth garbage. Really shocked here. Hmm...I wonder why...
Football is entertainment. Lighten up, Stalin.
If I was a coach I would say, act like you've been there before.
Are you a coach?
duh

tommyGunZ said:
Warrior was the only one to "like" this post, Gunz.

So you've got that going for you.... which is nice.

Moving forward, I really home the refs lay down the law at the start of the 2 championship games that they will not tolerate the unnecessary chipiness.

I think it'll make for better games this weekend and a better Super Bowl.

Rivers was so annoying yesterday with his histrionics, screaming, and constant arm waving, Am I doing this right?

tommyGunZ said:
Football is entertainment. Lighten up, Stalin.
If I was a coach I would say, act like you've been there before.
Are you a coach?
duh
Am I coach?

Does a bear dump in the woods?

I thought we are fantasy football coaches here.. I say to Allen listen if you want to me on my team and be a champion then cut the shyt :)

You guys act like this is some kind of recent trend… Defensive oriented teams have been doing this for decades (see Ravens). Sure, Kaepernick doing the Scott Steiner and Golden Tate dancing effeminately is not to the liking of some older fans… but what are you gonna do? Blame gangsta rap?

You guys act like this is some kind of recent trend… Defensive oriented teams have been doing this for decades (see Ravens). Sure, Kaepernick doing the Scott Steiner and Golden Tate dancing effeminately is not to the liking of some older fans… but what are you gonna do? Blame gangsta rap?
I think Kaepernick is the first of the gangster wannabes who played quarterback. He dresses and acts like we've grown accustomed to defensive backs and receivers acting. Now here are reporters trying to get a word with them after big games and he looks like he just made a rap album with 2 Chains and Lil Wayne. America needs Brady and Manning more than ever. Please don't age anymore. :(

I think Kaepernick is the first of the gangster wannabes who played quarterback. He dresses and acts like we've grown accustomed to defensive backs and receivers acting. Now here are reporters trying to get a word with them after big games and he looks like he just made a rap album with 2 Chains and Lil Wayne. America needs Brady and Manning more than ever. Please don't age anymore. :(
So basically we need more "white" quarterbacks like Russell Wilson? You do realize that by completely judging a book (kaepernick) by its cover you are condemning an entire subculture as somehow inferior.

Put me in the old guy category too I guess. I like to see players excited & certainly don't mind TD celebrations but the imitating the other team's player's TD celebration just seems very non-creative & low class to me. I have been calling him Kaperdink for quite awhile now. What I find really annoying is every time a player catches a ball or has a 6 yard run that he acts like he just won the Super Bowl & has to signal first down emphatically. The NFL is becoming the "Look at me league!" We may never see another Barry Sanders who always acted like he expected to pick up 1st downs & score TD's....just flipping the ball to the ref afterwards.
barry sanders showed no emotion about football at all, it was just a job to him, he could of cared less about winning, just wanting long highlight reel runs.

Give me a guy that shows some fire and passion

AngryPatriot said:
I found parts of the SF/Car game way too loaded with punk behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. I didn't like it, lame. And I like hard-nosed football but all this ego crap seemed too much. I'm like explaining stuff to my kids about it... There was mocking and taunting on most plays, very few flags. Very immature, unprofessional and it ended up hurting play, esp. Carolina. Does anyone else feel this way? Yeah, yeah, I am getting old or don't get it, whatever, but I definitely don't see to much of it on a week to week basis as a Pats fan, so it was a bit surprising in a bad way. I would guess coaching has some to do with it but I think it was a black eye for the league today.
Hey Pats fan, how did you feel when your team did the shawne merriman lights out dance at mid-feild vs SD? Or is that ok? because you know, it was the Pats and all. Im sure the great coach Bellicheck would have never allowed such vile and punk behaviour!!!!!!!!!

AJ Green

So basically we need more "white" quarterbacks like Russell Wilson? You do realize that by completely judging a book (kaepernick) by its cover you are condemning an entire subculture as somehow inferior.
You have to admit the straight-brimmed hats look ridiculous. When I was growing up the only people who wore those rode the short yellow bus.

If you think Russell Wilson is white, than you need a new TV. I have no problem with any black quarterback and the way he carries himself, other than Kaepernick. It's coming out more and more as he gets more comfortable. If it was Nick Foles or Blane Gabbert trying to act like Eminem, I'd say the same thing about them. The NFL doesn't need thug gangster types as it's poster boys, which QBs are. The way he looked after the game yesterday was embarrassing.

Russell Wilson isn't white. The road you are going down here is racist. You also misunderstand the judging a book by its cover statement because you are applying it in opposite fashion. Not good posting, at all.

If you think Russell Wilson is white, than you need a new TV. I have no problem with any black quarterback and the way he carries himself, other than Kaepernick. It's coming out more and more as he gets more comfortable. If it was Nick Foles or Blane Gabbert trying to act like Eminem, I'd say the same thing about them. The NFL doesn't need thug gangster types as it's poster boys, which QBs are. The way he looked after the game yesterday was embarrassing.
There's a reason "white" was in quotes, specifically referring to his image, not skin color. Maybe you don't like the look, but that's just what it is… a LOOK. It says nothing about the person or his character. I'm guessing the tattoos get to you too? The way Kaepernick carries himself is much better than Vick when he was with the Falcons, yet you have no problem with that?

Sorry but it just seems very presumptuous to label someone by their choice of apparel.

BTW I'm no fan of the way Kaepernick dresses or his image, but the guy has more road playoff victories than Montana and Young combined and I'll take a guy who can get the job done over someone with a "clean" image like Cutler who has terrible body language on the sidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread