What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total "punk" behavior too much? (1 Viewer)

You guys act like this is some kind of recent trend… Defensive oriented teams have been doing this for decades (see Ravens). Sure, Kaepernick doing the Scott Steiner and Golden Tate dancing effeminately is not to the liking of some older fans… but what are you gonna do? Blame gangsta rap?
I think Kaepernick is the first of the gangster wannabes who played quarterback. He dresses and acts like we've grown accustomed to defensive backs and receivers acting. Now here are reporters trying to get a word with them after big games and he looks like he just made a rap album with 2 Chains and Lil Wayne. America needs Brady and Manning more than ever. Please don't age anymore. :(
So basically we need more "white" quarterbacks like Russell Wilson? You do realize that by completely judging a book (kaepernick) by its cover you are condemning an entire subculture as somehow inferior.
If you think Russell Wilson is white, than you need a new TV. I have no problem with any black quarterback and the way he carries himself, other than Kaepernick. It's coming out more and more as he gets more comfortable. If it was Nick Foles or Blane Gabbert trying to act like Eminem, I'd say the same thing about them. The NFL doesn't need thug gangster types as it's poster boys, which QBs are. The way he looked after the game yesterday was embarrassing.
There's a reason "white" was in quotes, specifically referring to his image, not skin color. Maybe you don't like the look, but that's just what it is… a LOOK. It says nothing about the person or his character. I'm guessing the tattoos get to you too? The way Kaepernick carries himself is much better than Vick when he was with the Falcons, yet you have no problem with that?

Sorry but it just seems very presumptuous to label someone by their choice of apparel.

BTW I'm no fan of the way Kaepernick dresses or his image, but the guy has more road playoff victories than Montana and Young combined and I'll take a guy who can get the job done over someone with a "clean" image like Cutler who has terrible body language on the sidelines.
He's young. His look warns me that there could be off the field problems in his future. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck......

Every time this guy knows the cameras will be on him, his look is more and more gangster thug. Why do you suppose he's all tattood up? And wears the gold chains? And wears that ridiculous flat brimmed hat? Who is it he's trying to be accepted by? OI think you know the answer.

Also, if Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick both wanted to date your daughter, I don't think anyone here has any question which one you'd want her to choose.

You guys act like this is some kind of recent trend… Defensive oriented teams have been doing this for decades (see Ravens). Sure, Kaepernick doing the Scott Steiner and Golden Tate dancing effeminately is not to the liking of some older fans… but what are you gonna do? Blame gangsta rap?
I think Kaepernick is the first of the gangster wannabes who played quarterback. He dresses and acts like we've grown accustomed to defensive backs and receivers acting. Now here are reporters trying to get a word with them after big games and he looks like he just made a rap album with 2 Chains and Lil Wayne. America needs Brady and Manning more than ever. Please don't age anymore. :(
So basically we need more "white" quarterbacks like Russell Wilson? You do realize that by completely judging a book (kaepernick) by its cover you are condemning an entire subculture as somehow inferior.
Russell Wilson isn't white. The road you are going down here is racist. You also misunderstand the judging a book by its cover statement because you are applying it in opposite fashion. Not good posting, at all.
You gotta be kidding me. The guy I responded to made THAT statement and because I happen to choose to use the word "white" or "black" I'm treading the racist waters? Who do you suppose he's referring to by "defensive backs" and "wide receivers"? Certainly not Wes Welker or Jordy Nelson, and jeez I can't even name a white DB… Suppose I said something like: "NFL players should conduct themselves more like offensive lineman and quarterbacks" you don't think that there's any racism laced in there?

Just calling' a spade a spade.

Russell Wilson isn't white. The road you are going down here is racist. You also misunderstand the judging a book by its cover statement because you are applying it in opposite fashion. Not good posting, at all.
You gotta be kidding me. The guy I responded to made THAT statement and because I happen to choose to use the word "white" or "black" I'm treading the racist waters? Who do you suppose he's referring to by "defensive backs" and "wide receivers"? Certainly not Wes Welker or Jordy Nelson, and jeez I can't even name a white DB… Suppose I said something like: "NFL players should conduct themselves more like offensive lineman and quarterbacks" you don't think that there's any racism laced in there?

You DID make it a racial issue. Not me. I never mentioned color. And when you came in throwing the word 'white' around, I was quick to tell you that if one of the league's white QBs started trying to look like Eminem, I'd have a problem with that too. The word 'gangster thug' isn't reserved for blacks. Open your mind, racist.

If you think Russell Wilson is white, than you need a new TV. I have no problem with any black quarterback and the way he carries himself, other than Kaepernick. It's coming out more and more as he gets more comfortable. If it was Nick Foles or Blane Gabbert trying to act like Eminem, I'd say the same thing about them. The NFL doesn't need thug gangster types as it's poster boys, which QBs are. The way he looked after the game yesterday was embarrassing.
There's a reason "white" was in quotes, specifically referring to his image, not skin color. Maybe you don't like the look, but that's just what it is… a LOOK. It says nothing about the person or his character. I'm guessing the tattoos get to you too? The way Kaepernick carries himself is much better than Vick when he was with the Falcons, yet you have no problem with that?

Sorry but it just seems very presumptuous to label someone by their choice of apparel.

BTW I'm no fan of the way Kaepernick dresses or his image, but the guy has more road playoff victories than Montana and Young combined and I'll take a guy who can get the job done over someone with a "clean" image like Cutler who has terrible body language on the sidelines.
He's young. His look warns me that there could be off the field problems in his future. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck......

Every time this guy knows the cameras will be on him, his look is more and more gangster thug. Why do you suppose he's all tattood up? And wears the gold chains? And wears that ridiculous flat brimmed hat? Who is it he's trying to be accepted by? OI think you know the answer.

Also, if Russell Wilson and Colin Kaepernick both wanted to date your daughter, I don't think anyone here has any question which one you'd want her to choose.
Sorry but I don't think this is going anywhere… Guess it depends on where you grew up and the people you know. I recently moved from Austin Texas (where the tattoo scene is HUGE) to Williamsburg, VA (basically a stuffy old retirement/college town) and I can tell you character judgements on Kaepernick's choice of fashion and body art will vary greatly between those demographics and from person to person.

Personally I just don't believe in writing someone off because of their choice of clothing, call me crazy.

Sorry but I don't think this is going anywhere… Guess it depends on where you grew up and the people you know. I recently moved from Austin Texas (where the tattoo scene is HUGE) to Williamsburg, VA (basically a stuffy old retirement/college town) and I can tell you character judgements on Kaepernick's choice of fashion and body art will vary greatly between those demographics and from person to person.

Personally I just don't believe in writing someone off because of their choice of clothing, call me crazy.
And I happen to believe that you can tell a lot about a person by physical appearance and the choices he makes. He looks exactly the way he wants to be portrayed.

You DID make it a racial issue. Not me. I never mentioned color. And when you came in throwing the word 'white' around, I was quick to tell you that if one of the league's white QBs started trying to look like Eminem, I'd have a problem with that too. The word 'gangster thug' isn't reserved for blacks. Open your mind, racist.
Label me all you want, seems like you're very good at it.

is there a picture recently of AJ Mccarron wearing a back wears hat, and he is all tatted up.

Who cares? doesnt mean he is a thug or bad person.

same thing with Kap, or any of the guys..

Near the end of the 2012 NFL season, Kaepernick's signature touchdown celebration earned him a photo fad by his namesake, called "Kaepernicking". The signature touchdown pose involves flexing and kissing the bicep of his right arm. Kaepernick says he kisses his "Faith", "To God The Glory", and Psalm 18:39 tattoos and the reason he does the celebration is because "...it's my way of saying I don't really care what people think about my tattoos" and "God has brought me this far. He has laid out a phenomenal path for me. And I can't do anything but thank Him

is there a picture recently of AJ Mccarron wearing a back wears hat, and he is all tatted up.

Near the end of the 2012 NFL season, Kaepernick's signature touchdown celebration earned him a photo fad by his namesake, called "Kaepernicking". The signature touchdown pose involves flexing and kissing the bicep of his right arm. Kaepernick says he kisses his "Faith", "To God The Glory", and Psalm 18:39 tattoos and the reason he does the celebration is because "...it's my way of saying I don't really care what people think about my tattoos" and "God has brought me this far. He has laid out a phenomenal path for me. And I can't do anything but thank Him
oH. Silly me. I thought it was his way of saying "look at my muscular arms, aren't I great."I guess his mocking of Cam Newton yesterday was really just him saying "thank you God for all you gave Cam too"

Last edited by a moderator:

[SIZE=12pt]I think what irritates people the most is the group to which he wants to be accepted by. By wearing the flat brimmed hat and the gold chains and all the tattoos, and how he carries himself, it appears he wants to portray the gangsta persona and that I have a problem with because it isn't what today's youth should aspire to be like. It's not just one thing, it's a collection of things that gives the public an impression of the guy. Those who don't like this being said, feel they must play the race card to deflect the real intent of the[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] dissatisfaction with the way he looks and carries himself. Also, I personally don't think it's very professional and he is a professional. Phil Simms made a big deal about Matthew Stafford wearing his hat backwards, saying he needs to be more mature than most his age playing that position and trotting to the sidelines and flipping the hat on backwards sends bad signals. I don't happen to agree with Simms regarding Stafford and the backwards hat, well, not entirely, but I do think he's on to something with regards to professionalism and how he carries himself.[/SIZE]

And I happen to believe that you can tell a lot about a person by physical appearance and the choices he makes. He looks exactly the way he wants to be portrayed.
Open your mind, racist.
Yes, you really did just post that back to back
you're the one with the racist statements. Not me.I happen to not like gangster thugs. If you take that to mean black people, then you should seek help.
If you think simply excluding explicit references to race from any statement absolves it of racially charged ideas then we really have nothing to talk about.

Open your mind, racist.
Yes, you really did just post that back to back
you're the one with the racist statements. Not me.I happen to not like gangster thugs. If you take that to mean black people, then you should seek help.
If you think simply excluding explicit references to race from any statement absolves it of racially charged ideas then we really have nothing to talk about.
I don't know how many times I have to cite the example of Eminem being a gangster thug too before you get it through your thick head that it's a type of person, not the race of a person, that I don't like. but because you are racist by nature, you can't separate the two.

[SIZE=12pt]I think what irritates people the most is the group to which he wants to be accepted by. By wearing the flat brimmed hat and the gold chains and all the tattoos, and how he carries himself, it appears he wants to portray the gangsta persona and that I have a problem with because it isn't what today's youth should aspire to be like. It's not just one thing, it's a collection of things that gives the public an impression of the guy. Those who don't like this being said, feel they must play the race card to deflect the real intent of the[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] dissatisfaction with the way he looks and carries himself. Also, I personally don't think it's very professional and he is a professional. Phil Simms made a big deal about Matthew Stafford wearing his hat backwards, saying he needs to be more mature than most his age playing that position and trotting to the sidelines and flipping the hat on backwards sends bad signals. I don't happen to agree with Simms regarding Stafford and the backwards hat, well, not entirely, but I do think he's on to something with regards to professionalism and how he carries himself.[/SIZE]
Is he though?

Some people think a professional is "someone who gets paid to do something" but he's hardly a chartered accountant or a cardiologist...

It's an interesting clash between the image the employer or profession wants to portray and the image the individual wants to portray.

Is he though?

Some people think a professional is "someone who gets paid to do something" but he's hardly a chartered accountant or a cardiologist...

It's an interesting clash between the image the employer or profession wants to portray and the image the individual wants to portray.
Call me old school if you want, but I want my QB to act professionally. It sends positive signals to his teammates and the organization and also makes for a better role model to kids. I personally don't want the face of my team to portray the gangsta persona. It sends bad signals, doesn't it?

I agree with the OP.

From a philosophical standpoint, society and culture follows what we see at the top. In order for society to get better, we need those at the top to lead by example. ("Better" is a subjective term, so I'll accept if my definition is different than yours, in which case you can ignore everything below.)

In this case, our sports stars are our kids' heroes. How do we expect our 8 and 10 year old kids to learn sportsmanship when they see what happens on national TV?

I get it - the NFL is entertainment and gamesmanship. Controversy sells eyeballs on TV and Web sites. Players want to 'get in each others heads' for the mental advantage.

I don't see it changing, either. These guys know their time on the big stage is short; they have to manage their own 'brand' because they need to cash as much as they can in as short amount of time as possible, and they're all competing for our attention.

But I think our society is lesser off for it. Just my $.02

</wanders back into reality, but thanks for letting me wax poetic.>

You are really getting racist, dude.

I think what irritates people the most is the group to which he wants to be accepted by. By wearing the flat brimmed hat and the gold chains and all the tattoos, and how he carries himself, it appears he wants to portray the gangsta persona and that I have a problem with because it isn't what today's youth should aspire to be like. It's not just one thing, it's a collection of things that gives the public an impression of the guy. Those who don't like this being said, feel they must play the race card to deflect the real intent of the dissatisfaction with the way he looks and carries himself. Also, I personally don't think it's very professional and he is a professional. Phil Simms made a big deal about Matthew Stafford wearing his hat backwards, saying he needs to be more mature than most his age playing that position and trotting to the sidelines and flipping the hat on backwards sends bad signals. I don't happen to agree with Simms regarding Stafford and the backwards hat, well, not entirely, but I do think he's on to something with regards to professionalism and how he carries himself.
Is he though?

Exactly what I always gonna say til I got to your comment. These men, NONE of them, from Peyton Manning to Colin Kaepernick to everyone in between...NONE are professionals. They play the game of football for chryssakes!!

So Justin Bieber wears flat brimmed hats, is he trying to get accepted by gangsters and thugs? Is he setting a bad example because he's trying to look more hip-hop than yacht rock?There's a reason old men aren't hip to fashion trends, likely because most don't care or scoff at it. I see the point that you are making in regards to being a professional. In fact I believe there is a debate by Skip Bayless/Steven A Smith on this exact issue w/ Kaepernick's tattoos where I believe Smith is siding with you and makes a good point. But then it just becomes a matter of culture and personal taste… where do we draw the line? Does Clay Matthews need to tuck his hair under his helmet like the Tesla song? Should Hakeem Nicks get penalized for leaving his jersey untucked?

Eventually it becomes a matter of personal preference. And in that case, if someone is so adamant in their opinions of another person, then why not delve deeper into who that person is, rather than just what they look like.

I think what irritates people the most is the group to which he wants to be accepted by. By wearing the flat brimmed hat and the gold chains and all the tattoos, and how he carries himself, it appears he wants to portray the gangsta persona and that I have a problem with because it isn't what today's youth should aspire to be like. It's not just one thing, it's a collection of things that gives the public an impression of the guy. Those who don't like this being said, feel they must play the race card to deflect the real intent of the dissatisfaction with the way he looks and carries himself. Also, I personally don't think it's very professional and he is a professional. Phil Simms made a big deal about Matthew Stafford wearing his hat backwards, saying he needs to be more mature than most his age playing that position and trotting to the sidelines and flipping the hat on backwards sends bad signals. I don't happen to agree with Simms regarding Stafford and the backwards hat, well, not entirely, but I do think he's on to something with regards to professionalism and how he carries himself.
Is he though?

Exactly what I always gonna say til I got to your comment. These men, NONE of them, from Peyton Manning to Colin Kaepernick to everyone in between...NONE are professionals. They play the game of football for chryssakes!!
Of course they aren't professionals. They aren't doctors, lawyers or members of clergy. This is obvious.

:thumbdown: Please stop. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just don't know what you are saying, but this stuff isn't cool at all.
Please stop treating racism like it's a dirty word. It's there, as long as social inequities exist, race will continue to be an issue. The style Kaepernick adopts evolved from AfricanAmerican subculture. Pretending like that's an irrelevant fact or non-issue is absurd.

Moving forward, I really home the refs lay down the law at the start of the 2 championship games that they will not tolerate the unnecessary chipiness.

I think it'll make for better games this weekend and a better Super Bowl.
One game involves 2 teams that are all business and get the job done. The other will be solid entertainment between 2 jaw jackers.

I think the look is silly(flat brimmed hat,tattoos,thug look) but the fashion of the day is usually silly looking to an older generation :bye: and always has, probably always will. Kaepernick is also pretty young and his own self is still being developed. I would hope he isn't trying to pull off this look at 35 but it's his life and he can do what he wants.

As for the 'punk' behavior, I don't care for all the chest pumping, mocking, etc but it's been a part of pro sports and other areas for quite a while and it's not going to change any time soon. Some of it is funny and entertaining but most of it is over the top and unnecessary and I try not to pay attention to it.

Allen caught 2 TDs when the game was out of hand and acted like he had staked SD to a 2TD lead.
Wrong
True, it was 17-0 when he scored his 1st TD in the 4th Q and then 24-7 when he scored his second one late in the 4th Q.

Having just scored your first points of the game in the 4th Q probably wasn't the best time to be pointing to your name on your jersey. And neither was it when you're getting schooled 24-7. Denver was dominating the game.

:thumbdown: Please stop. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just don't know what you are saying, but this stuff isn't cool at all.
Please stop treating racism like it's a dirty word. It's there, as long as social inequities exist, race will continue to be an issue. The style Kaepernick adopts evolved from AfricanAmerican subculture. Pretending like that's an irrelevant fact or non-issue is absurd.
Racism isn't a dirty word, but racists are unacceptable. You were being racist here. I think everyone knows what's up by now, you don't like the thread and wanted to make it radioactive and tagged for deletion by the mods. Thanks.

He's young. His look warns me that there could be off the field problems in his future. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck......Every time this guy knows the cameras will be on him, his look is more and more gangster thug. Why do you suppose he's all tattood up? And wears the gold chains? And wears that ridiculous flat brimmed hat? Who is it he's trying to be accepted by? OI think you know the answer.
Good lord.

Moving forward, I really home the refs lay down the law at the start of the 2 championship games that they will not tolerate the unnecessary chipiness.

I think it'll make for better games this weekend and a better Super Bowl.
One game involves 2 teams that are all business and get the job done. The other will be solid entertainment between 2 jaw jackers.
And on Feb 2nd, the all business team will prevail over the jaw-jackers

He's young. His look warns me that there could be off the field problems in his future. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck......Every time this guy knows the cameras will be on him, his look is more and more gangster thug. Why do you suppose he's all tattood up? And wears the gold chains? And wears that ridiculous flat brimmed hat? Who is it he's trying to be accepted by? OI think you know the answer.

This is one of the more dumb things I've read here. Gotta laugh at this guy calling China a racist when this guy is judging somebody because he sports an urban look. Get out of the burbs or off the farm dude.

God people are annoying. I'm 51 and not going to judge a 20 something athlete because he wears a flat brimmed hat. Jesus.

It's frustrating to read people in the 2010s say that black people act and dress a certain way, and that a conservatively styled, articulate, clean living, married, hard working black kid (Russell Wilson) is white. That sticks in the craw of other black people like him, and perpetuates the idea that black people need to dress think and act any particular way.

This is one of the more dumb things I've read here. Gotta laugh at this guy calling China a racist when this guy is judging somebody because he sports an urban look. Get out of the burbs or off the farm dude.
China is the one that keeps bringing color into it.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Junior needs to quit the internet. No wonder Phenix trolls him hard to the point where he whines.

Junior needs to quit the internet. No wonder Phenix trolls him hard to the point where he whines.
Phenix trolls me? I think I may have had one or two exchanges with him EVER. You might want to check your index cards.

Also, there's only one person here with tears in his eyes now, Nancy. And that's the one whose beloved quarterback is getting destroyed. Stick around, you might end up bawling your eyes out soon. Seems like the consensus is that your franchise player is a ganster wannabe. If you see him, tell him, Jay Z called and wants his hat back.

RBM said:
Gandalf the Grey said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:

China put quotes around his first reference to color. Anyone who's not a brain dead conservative simpleton understood the idea he was communicating. The only racist thinking in this thread was by the guy who wanted to condemn a kid because he doesn't dress the part of the middle class suburban "Leave it to Beaver" white kid.

And no surprise you would be supporting him. You're Jim11 bottom of the barrel level. Here's a hint-you don't have to tremble with fear every time you see a kid with a backwards hat and sagging pants or tattoos. Why...just the other day my cashier at the local grocery store had BOTH a pierced nose and eyebrow. It turned out OK. I didn't have to leave the store, I don't even think she was in a gang. IT'S OK.

JuniorNB said:
drummer said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:

Phenix trolls me? I think I may have had one or two exchanges with him EVER. You might want to check your index cards.

Also, there's only one person here with tears in his eyes now, Nancy. And that's the one whose beloved quarterback is getting destroyed. Stick around, you might end up bawling your eyes out soon. Seems like the consensus is that your franchise player is a ganster wannabe. If you see him, tell him, Jay Z called and wants his hat back.
Intelligence, maturity, and class are just a few things that escape you. You're not the guy to call anybody out over it. :lmao: :lmao:

I just see that every time Phenix posts, you get bent. He must have that e-thug in him.

RBM said:
Gandalf the Grey said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:

China put quotes around his first reference to color. Anyone who's not a brain dead conservative simpleton understood the idea he was communicating. The only racist thinking in this thread was by the guy who wanted to condemn a kid because he doesn't dress the part of the middle class suburban "Leave it to Beaver" white kid.

And no surprise you would be supporting him. You're Jim11 bottom of the barrel level. Here's a hint-you don't have to tremble with fear every time you see a kid with a backwards hat and sagging pants or tattoos. Why...just the other day my cashier at the local grocery store had BOTH a pierced nose and eyebrow. It turned out OK. I didn't have to leave the store, I don't even think she was in a gang. IT'S OK.
No one is scared of Kaepernick. That's not the point. This thread is about punk behavior in the NFL. Kaepernick is the first high profile quarterback to attend pressers and other interviews looking like he's making a rap album or hanging out the streets. If you see a guy with a short-sleeved white button up shirt and a pocket protector, it's safe to say he's a nerdy bookworm type without being a racist. If he dresses like Brady with all the different hairdos, it's safe to say he's a glamour, pretty boy. And, yes, it's safe to say that Kaepernick is trying desperately to get street cred and look like a thug. You don't have

to like it, but people dress and look the way they want to be perceived. He has full sleeves of tattoos, wears gold chains, and wears that ridiculous looking straight brimmed hat. Crooked. It is what it is. Just don't be shocked if there starts to be off the field stories popping up. If there was an 'arrest pool' that we all could win money in by guessing the first starting NFL quarterback to get in trouble with the law, I bet every single person here would pick Kaepernick. Now that Vick is no longer a starter, I can't think of one other guy I'd consider. How about you?

JuniorNB said:
drummer said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:

Intelligence, maturity, and class are just a few things that escape you. You're not the guy to call anybody out over it. :lmao: :lmao:

I just see that every time Phenix posts, you get bent. He must have that e-thug in him.
Oh. Ok. I guess I'm trolled then. lol So what is called when I post and YOU get bent out of shape?

It's the NFL - bravado is part of the culture.

If you want classy, low key celebrations (for the most part), try watching the NHL.
Yet when they get mad at each other they fight, what could have more ego?

While I do not want to see it ever eliminated from the game, isn't it interesting that we cheer a fight at a NHL game and they only get punished 5 minutes but if the same thing was happening in the stands at the exact same time, those people would go to jail and have assault charges against them? Just interesting how the world works.
Not too get too off topic, but NHL fighting has very little to do with a single fighter's ego. It's generally done strategically and for a purpose - to fire up the rest of the team.
Understood.... but isn't that moronic and barbaric?

JuniorNB said:
drummer said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:

Oh. Ok. I guess I'm trolled then. lol So what is called when I post and YOU get bent out of shape?
I'm not bent. I'm just saying that you aren't the guy to call that out. Because you don't posses those three qualities amongst other positive qualities.

Which leads to zero quality posts from you.

And, yes, it's safe to say that Kaepernick is trying desperately to get street cred and look like a thug. You don't haveto like it, but people dress and look the way they want to be perceived. He has full sleeves of tattoos, wears gold chains, and wears that ridiculous looking straight brimmed hat. Crooked. It is what it is. Just don't be shocked if there starts to be off the field stories popping up. If there was an 'arrest pool' that we all could win money in by guessing the first starting NFL quarterback to get in trouble with the law, I bet every single person here would pick Kaepernick. Now that Vick is no longer a starter, I can't think of one other guy I'd consider. How about you?
:lmao:

Raider Nation said:
AngryPatriot said:
I found parts of the SF/Car game way too loaded with punk behavior and unsportsmanlike conduct. I didn't like it, lame. And I like hard-nosed football but all this ego crap seemed too much. I'm like explaining stuff to my kids about it... There was mocking and taunting on most plays, very few flags. Very immature, unprofessional and it ended up hurting play, esp. Carolina. Does anyone else feel this way? Yeah, yeah, I am getting old or don't get it, whatever, but I definitely don't see to much of it on a week to week basis as a Pats fan, so it was a bit surprising in a bad way. I would guess coaching has some to do with it but I think it was a black eye for the league today.
Sorry for quoting the whole post, but I couldn't agree more. I'm texting buddies of mine during the game, and we all agreed that talking trash is the only thing that matters to some of these guys. Scoreboard be damned. As long as you look like a tough-guy bad-ass, the final score is irrelevant. See all the guys pointing with their thumbs to the name on the back of the jersey these days? That's all you need to know.
Jordy Nelson does this all the time. Kissing the biceps and also the thumbpoint.

JuniorNB said:
drummer said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:
chinawildman said:
JuniorNB said:

I'm not bent. I'm just saying that you aren't the guy to call that out. Because you don't posses those three qualities amongst other positive qualities.

Which leads to zero quality posts from you.
You should really leave the thread. Your 49ers logo shows your agenda. I don't blame you for the tantrum. Your team's future is in the hands of a guy who wants to be Tupac. I feel ya, my team had Vick at quarterback for a while. Sometimes you have to put athletic ability over character.

Users who are viewing this thread