What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (10 Viewers)

Am I supposed to know who the woman was that delivered the space rover?

So they made it like Agnes is a “bad guy” who was messing stuff up. But what did she mess up? Just distracting Wanda to keep the charade going?

So they made it like Agnes is a “bad guy” who was messing stuff up. But what did she mess up? Just distracting Wanda to keep the charade going?
No, I don’t think the engineer is as important as everyone thought, no big reveal there. 

Yes, keeping the charade going. I’m guessing whoever Agatha is working with, is building power (“was famished too until I started snacking on Yo-magic” commercial). Someone is using her as a battery or something. 

Also, I’m guessing that Monica will use the name Photon, rather than spectrum, as it was her mother’s call sign and is on the picture of her mom in sword HQ earlier on. 

My biggest question is what did Agatha do to Wanda in the basement? She’s a mentor in the comics, so are they taking liberties with the character? Or is Agatha actually trying to help somehow? One thing is clear; wanda is losing it. 

The major wasn't anyone special.  But maybe the person helping her is, or maybe there's more to the story we'll find out later. 

The major wasn't anyone special.  But maybe the person helping her is, or maybe there's more to the story we'll find out later. 
Yea, I figured that wasn’t “the aerospace engineer”

If Agatha is trying to keep the charade going why was she encouraging Vision basically?

Is anything in the hex actually a figment or illusion, or is it all matter manipulation? I understand it as matter manipulation (like explaining Monica’s pants, they’re rewritten). 
So if this is the case, Pietro is real, just being manipulated by Agatha as shown in the “Agatha all along” montage. She is also manipulating Herb but he seemed to almost tell them what was going on at one point when Agnes tells him “no” with a pleading look. What was herb going to tell vision (Ep 3 or 4)? 

Ok, so where I’m going with this: herb had a moment where he says “she’s here because we’re all....” and stops, and we understand that Agatha during that same scene apparently manipulated him (montage.) But herb was himself, maybe trying to tell vision they were trapped (maybe?) So Herb, who exists inside the hex with his own mind somewhere, is simply being manipulated sometimes. Therefore, I can argue that Pietro is also a real person (possibly/likely pulled in from somewhere else similar to Monica) that could also have his own un-manipulated thoughts if he’s not under the spell, right? So in the mid credit scene where he says “snoopers gonna snoop” could he actually be trying to figure out what’s going on? Or is he about to Duke it out with Monica and is simply a tool being used? Some of these earlier episodes need to be rewatched with the knowledge that agatha is manipulating as well. 

@Leeroy Jenkins you make a good point- I’ll have to watch that scene from the Halloween episode again. Is it an act when she encounters vision on the outskirts of town? 

Another random thought- one commercial from a couple episodes back says “release the goddess inside of you.” Probably nothing, but Adam Warlock split into two entities at one point- goddess and magus. Could they use this storyline but switch characters?

At least these are all short episodes so when I have to rewatch the entire season in one shot when this is all over to figure #### out it won’t be too daunting!  

Somebody on the Facebook said the next two episodes are an hour long each. Here’s hoping. 
I had thought that “Episode 7-9 are one hour each” was an official Disney announcement. That apparently didn’t pan out, though it got run and repeated all over the place. Anyone know how that was sourced?

I had thought that “Episode 7-9 are one hour each” was an official Disney announcement. That apparently didn’t pan out, though it got run and repeated all over the place. Anyone know how that was sourced?
Disney didn’t announce it; they said total runtime of the series was x, and there were 3 hours left of that runtime before ep7, so the math suggested there was 3 hours left/3 episodes=1 hr each. 

Perhaps the last two episodes run over an hour, or maybe the finale will be like 1.5-2 hours....or maybe the 15 minutes of credits they run eats into that (I don’t think that’s counted tho).

Completely random connection. Dude that plays the doctor when Romanov gets shot by Bucky in Winter Soldier that goes on a date in the support group with Steve Rodgers in Endgame. 

The Nexus of All Realities

I will drop this in here.

I’d also mention that if I were trying to recreate the dimensional tear that attracted the Beyonder—and quietly set in motion Secret Wars—but didn’t want to introduce the Molecule Man, this Wandavision arc is exactly how I’d accomplish that trick. Could be nothing, but my comic nerd Spidey sense is tingling.

The Nexus of All Realities

I will drop this in here.

I’d also mention that if I were trying to recreate the dimensional tear that attracted the Beyonder—and quietly set in motion Secret Wars—but didn’t want to introduce the Molecule Man, this Wandavision arc is exactly how I’d accomplish that trick. Could be nothing, but my comic nerd Spidey sense is tingling.
You mean your Peter tingle?

Completely random connection. Dude that plays the doctor when Romanov gets shot by Bucky in Winter Soldier that goes on a date in the support group with Steve Rodgers in Endgame. 
That's director Joe Russo jumping into the action...

Avengers: Endgame
Grieving Man (as Gozie Agbo)

Captain America: Civil War
Dr. Broussard (as Gozie Agbo)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Dr. Fine (as Gozie Agbo)

Last edited by a moderator:
 I LIKE IT
Was really hoping for one of the three the cast announced:

Spider-Man: Phone Home

Spider-Man: Home Slice

Spider-Man: Home-Wrecher

although someone else did come up with Spider-Man: Work From Home...

Ok I like the real name too.  rumors of a trailer coming soon.  We are going to get a few trailers here quickly right?
Spidey, Eternals, Shang-Chi

I NEED SOMETHING IN BETWEEN WANDAVISION EPISODES!

Ok I like the real name too.  rumors of a trailer coming soon.  We are going to get a few trailers here quickly right?

Read an article the other day that Eternals "knocks it out of the park beyond studio expectations"

Spider-Man: Take the Long Way Home, starring Rick Davies

This is a complete guess on my part but I'm guessing tomorrow is an Agatha centered episode with flashbacks back to prior episodes from her perspective and then episode 9 is the continuation from episode 7.

This is a complete guess on my part but I'm guessing tomorrow is an Agatha centered episode with flashbacks back to prior episodes from her perspective and then episode 9 is the continuation from episode 7.
I think there’s too much left to explain for there to be a flashback episode in my opinion. I think we see the hex world and the outside world clash, Wanda go crazy, and we get a house of M storyline setting up the secret wars storyline, or some version of those storylines anyway. Secret wars would be a huge event to build to on par with endgame. 

Another Mid credit scene. A bit longer episode, but not as long as I hoped. I guess I’ll just expect them to wrap this up in 1/2 an hour next week.

Excellent episode.  Appears to change where Wanda’s powers came from, no?  They we always there but the Mind Stone super charged them.  

So does Agatha try to mentor her or is she going to go all Luke Skywalker on Ben Solo here?

Agatha’s outfit was excellent as expected.

So the magic went into Agatha blue but came out purple.  Wanda is red, so is Agatha similar to Wanda, a kindred spirit?  Or have I become that big of a nerd that I’m thinking about colors?

Excellent episode.  Appears to change where Wanda’s powers came from, no?  They we always there but the Mind Stone super charged them.  

So does Agatha try to mentor her or is she going to go all Luke Skywalker on Ben Solo here?

Agatha’s outfit was excellent as expected.

So the magic went into Agatha blue but came out purple.  Wanda is red, so is Agatha similar to Wanda, a kindred spirit?  Or have I become that big of a nerd that I’m thinking about colors?
I've been mentored before. Usually it didn't involve chaining me up and choking. 

Didnt want it to end

Not sure I understand the post credit scene. Will have to wait for the everything awesome guy to explain

I didnt want the episode to be over. 

-OZ- said:
I've been mentored before. Usually it didn't involve chaining me up and choking. 
Maybe Wanda is into that?   :D

Didnt want it to end

Not sure I understand the post credit scene. Will have to wait for the everything awesome guy to explain

I didnt want the episode to be over. 
So am I right SWORD reanimated Vision using Wanda’s residual energy from the Stark drone?  They are going to send him into the Hex to confront Wanda? Take the other Vision?  This will be interesting. 

Still digesting. 

How powerful was  Agnes in the comics?

not understanding Wanda’s version of vision yet. How does it/he have any power at all?

Whew!  Lots of stuff to digest in this one, so if you haven't watched it, probably skip this.

So we get the first utterance of "The Scarlet Witch".  We get Agatha's origin story in Salem, which may lead to New Salem from the comics. She dabbled with dark magic much like Kasillius (sp) in Dr. Strange.  This dark magic is so powerful that her own coven (and mother) tried to end her.  You saw the witches wither up and die, not sure if she stole their life force which allows Agatha to keep a youthful appearance. In the comics she was an Aunt May type looking person.

This episode almost sets up Agatha in a potential mentor role, except for the fact that she looks like she is going to kill her kids at the end. Agatha manipulated certain events because she wanted to find out how Wanda was doing all this amazing magic. She realized that Wanda doesn't know, then takes her on a tour of all her misery.  We see the episode where the twins stare down the Stark bomb, and Agatha tells her she was using her probability magic (which is one of her big powers from the comics). She then goes to the Hydra testing site, and there we see the Mind Stone, and in the vision of the Mind Stone we see a glimpse of her future in the traditional Scarlet Witch outfit.

We see her falling in love with the Vision, and she says something about "That's not how these shows end".  It'll be interesting to see if her show ends with happiness, or further tragedy (banking on the latter). We see that the Director of SWORD was setting her up, trying to get her to unwittingly power up Vision after they tried a million times to reanimate him.  Then used the footage to frame her for stealing the body.  Which means I was right after all (not that it matters :)  ) that she created that version of the Vision in the Hex.  When he tried to leave the Hex, it pulled him back in. Agatha confirmed that she has the power of creation (at least in the Hex) and not just manipulation, that's how she created the kids as well.  With the credit scene showing the cold emotionless Vision from the comics, I'm guessing I was wrong (for now) that her kids and the created Vision being able to live in the real world.  The kids and the Vision come back in the comics, so I think they can reappear somewhere down the line.

Agatha seems afraid of the Scarlet Witch because she's a "myth" and can't comprehend her power.  She's the first one to realize truly how powerful SW is.  I wonder if she may end up in a mentor role after this to help her harness her magical abilities like in the comics.

I was expecting some kind of proclamation that would introduce mutants to the world, unlocking their innate abilities like her innate abilities were.  Agatha said without the mind stone, her abilities would have just died off, but because of the mind stone they were amplified. That might be a way to explain mutants, that people had dormant abilities that perhaps she unlocks around the world. Or perhaps it's just a nice fan moment like Fietro (was right about this not being the Fox Quiksilver as well :)  ) and we won't get the mutant proclamation. I still think somehow we will get something like the reverse "No more mutants".

Did think it was interesting that Agatha said necromancy was off limits (or at least if something comes back, it would be gross), otherwise Scarlet Witch would have that card to play of "Oops, friend died, lemme bring them back". There need to be constraints on these beings that are too powerful.

Didn't get even a glimpse of Monica, who was confronted by Fietro at the end of the prior episode.  Gotta figure she'll be involved in the fight against the reanimated Vision. It also wasn't clear about the note in the car when she left SWORD. At first I thought someone left it in her car, but it was opened which kind of implies that she was the one to open and read it. I'm guessing she got the letter from the Vision and then went to visit the site they were going to build their future on, and then her instincts kicked in to overcome the nothingness she felt and created the world for her. Once she saw Vision in the 1950s, she was like "I'm rolling with it".

Great series and will be sad to see it end next week.  I think we will get future updates in the next Dr. Strange movie, but this was just top quality from start to next to finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping the letter was from Mephisto. Still could be so, manipulating her emotions and making her think it was from Vision.

Users who are viewing this thread