What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Finally watched Guardians 2 the other day...kinda sucked
I still can't fathom why anyone would think that was a good film.

I can only understand them the way I understand Star Wars prequel loyalists. I accept that they exist, but they live in their own corner of the universe, a planet or two away from the die-hard Trump loyalists and Nickelback fans. 

Inhumans Premiers tonight! Someone fire up an official thread.

Wasn't excited at first but liking the later trailers a lot better than the first. Was a little concerned some of their powers would not translate to the screen well, particularly Medusa's and Black Bolts. Latest trailer has a spoiler for how they will deal with that for... 

Medusa, looks like Maximus captures her and shaves her head after the first 30 or 45 mins of the episode.

Inhumans Premiers tonight! Someone fire up an official thread.

Wasn't excited at first but liking the later trailers a lot better than the first. Was a little concerned some of their powers would not translate to the screen well, particularly Medusa's and Black Bolts. Latest trailer has a spoiler for how they will deal with that for... 

Medusa, looks like Maximus captures her and shaves her head after the first 30 or 45 mins of the episode.
They took away your ability to create new threads ;)

Pretty poorly done opening episode.

I really hate it when a series starts out just jumping right into the main plot, rather than giving you an episode or two to start caring about the characters first. 

Also disappointed with the casting for Karnak. Think he's an intriguing character that a better choice could have knocked it out of the park.

Not sure I will try and finish and move into Gifted. 
Is anyone watching this?  Interested on the take of the board on this one.

There's only so much TV you can watch.
I'm probably more interested in it after 1 episode than in Inhumans after two. Though I wish it was set in the MCU.

There's apparently 1 new character in it, and then a number from the comics.

Finally watched Guardians 2 the other day...kinda sucked
I don't know if it was their goal, but every woman and child I've talked to that's seen it has loved it.

I've seen it twice, hoping that I'd like it more after having thought about the first one...and it's way worse a second time.  Not a lot of rewatchability with this one.

I don't know if it was their goal, but every woman and child I've talked to that's seen it has loved it.

I've seen it twice, hoping that I'd like it more after having thought about the first one...and it's way worse a second time.  Not a lot of rewatchability with this one.
I really enjoyed it the 2nd and 3rd time I've watched it...but then again my wife tells me I have the mentality of a child, so......ya.... :shrug:

I watched it on Kodi, then a plane, then again at home with my kids. Enjoyed it each time but this was more up and down than the first, some parts I loved some parts I wanted to skip over. 

Pretty much anything with drax or rocket was great. Ego sucks planetary balls.

That looks terrible.
i always go with a buddy to all the x-movies and generally enjoy them...  i've passed before.. on ones like the first 2 wolverines..  i'm going to try and talk my way out of this one.  There's not 1 second in that trailer that looks interesting.   Appears they want to make a horror movie.  No thanks

i always go with a buddy to all the x-movies and generally enjoy them...  i've passed before.. on ones like the first 2 wolverines..  i'm going to try and talk my way out of this one.  There's not 1 second in that trailer that looks interesting.   Appears they want to make a horror movie.  No thanks
And The New Mutants wasn't a horror comic, makes zero sense.

I like that they're going with a different perspective. But that's pretty much the only positive I can say.

(Maisie) Williams will play Wolfsbane, a girl struggling to reconcile her religious beliefs with her power to turn into a wolf.
Fitting she gets this power after GoT left some stuff out of Arya.

Agree though, trailer doesn't make me want to see it at all.

I thought the same thing.  No way this interests me at all - except for Anya Taylor Joy.  She MIGHT make me want to see it.

How can MCU keep knocking it out of the park with the Avengers series and solo films, but keep destroying the X-men and solo films? Obviously not all of them, but you guys know what I mean.

Marvel Studios does all the guys you see in Avengers and such. 

Fox Studios does xmen, wolverine, fantastic 4, and lost Spiderman to Marvel because they were so bad with it.
Oh, thanks. I got confused with that trailer linked in here. Can someone take those things away from Fox? I would donate to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, thanks. I got confused with that trailer linked in here. Can someone take those things away from Fox? I would donate to help.
Its why I said "Warning".

But lots of comic fans hope for better offerings from Foxs part of the comics universe, like Oz mentioned with Deadpool. Figured it was was worth a look for most people.

BigSteelThrill said:
Marvel Studios does all the guys you see in Avengers and such. 

Fox Studios does xmen, wolverine, fantastic 4, and lost Spiderman to Marvel because they were so bad with it.
I thought Spiderman was Sony. Not Fox. And they didnt really lose it.

I thought so too. And didn't they sell it back to make some cash to stay afloat?
Sony still owns Spiderman. They have a deal with Marvel Studios where Sony lent Spiderman to Marvel so he could appear in Marvel movies (Civil War and Avengers 3&4)  and Marvel would lend some of it's characters to Sony to appear in Spiderman movies. That's why Ironman was in Spiderman Homecoming. Marvel Studios produced Homecoming even though it was a Sony release. I believe there agreement ends after Spiderman appears in 5 Marvel Studios Movies. 

Sony still owns Spiderman. They have a deal with Marvel Studios where Sony lent Spiderman to Marvel so he could appear in Marvel movies (Civil War and Avengers 3&4)  and Marvel would lend some of it's characters to Sony to appear in Spiderman movies. That's why Ironman was in Spiderman Homecoming. Marvel Studios produced Homecoming even though it was a Sony release. I believe there agreement ends after Spiderman appears in 5 Marvel Studios Movies. 
1) Civil War

2) Homecoming

3) Infinity War

4) Untitled Avengers 4

5) Untitled Spider-Man 2

Users who are viewing this thread