What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (10 Viewers)

Been awhile since I saw it, what happened to his shield at the end of Civil War?
from wiki

Both Captain America and Winter Soldier used the shield interchangeably during their fight with Iron Man, with Captain America using it to break off Iron Man's mask and then to pierce his Arc Reactor, shutting down Stark's suit. As Rogers began to walk away with Bucky, Tony told him that he did not deserve to have the shield, as Howard Stark, his father, made the shield. Rogers then paused to drop the shield and walked away.

from wiki

Both Captain America and Winter Soldier used the shield interchangeably during their fight with Iron Man, with Captain America using it to break off Iron Man's mask and then to pierce his Arc Reactor, shutting down Stark's suit. As Rogers began to walk away with Bucky, Tony told him that he did not deserve to have the shield, as Howard Stark, his father, made the shield. Rogers then paused to drop the shield and walked away.
Also this line was in Spiderman

"We just gotta load Tony's old Hulkbuster armor, prototype for Cap's new shield and the Meg..me..megin... Thor's magic belt."

―Happy Hogan[

All I read was that it was in the direct aftermath of Civil War

As an aside, Captain Marvel is being set in the 90's I read with Jackson playing a younger Nick Fury.

And watching Spiderman this weekend, I realized how much the 8 years later tag created havoc in the timeline
Yeah, maybe when Captain Marvel comes out they'll have "rebooted" with the Infinity Gauntlet as the mechanism for that.

there used to be some timeline graphic thing on line i think that told you what movie happened when i think and it helped you to put things in to cronological order take that to the timex bank brochachos 

there used to be some timeline graphic thing on line i think that told you what movie happened when i think and it helped you to put things in to cronological order take that to the timex bank brochachos 
The timeline I think you are referring to is linked in the first post of this thread.

The timeline is broken\misunderstood because of Spiderman.  Kevin Feige says they intend to publish an official timeline

https://www.avclub.com/marvel-is-releasing-an-official-mcu-timeline-so-just-r-1819400268

if you have a week to spend reading, this link has by far the most time line information available

http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Last edited by a moderator:
oh you are right!!  I missed both him and Wasp and they are both suppose to be in this.  Here is what I read online about them missing:

==========================================================

Though Evangeline Lilly (Wasp) and Paul Rudd (Ant-Man) are slated to appear in Infinity War, the first trailer doesn't include either. Earlier this week, Lilly spoke to Vanity Fair about her role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after Infinity War, saying the major shifts in story focus remind her of her work on the TV series Lost. "We are hitting that [Lost] Season 4 space where everything’s about to shift," Lilly said, "and you’re about to lose the solid ground underneath you. And [Ant-Man and the Wasp], of course, will play a part in that."

Marvel fans anticipate the Ant-Man sequel, Ant-Man and the Wasp, exploring the Quantum Realm mentioned in the first film, but it's possible that realm could play into the war against Thanos, especially if those Avengers whose powers border on magic end up being more effective in the intergalactic war.
There's more to Evangeline Lilly's quote that has come out that has all the internet :nerd: 's a twitter. If you don't want to know:

When I heard about Infinity War and the direction that they're heading, I did have this moment of realising, 'Oh, wow, there's a bit of a déjà vu for me with the Lost franchise.' We are hitting that [Lost] season 4 space where everything's about to shift, and you're about to lose the solid ground underneath you. And [Ant-Man and the Wasp], of course, will play a part in that.

Those characters are experts in the quantum realm. In Ant-Man and the Wasp, they are trying everything in their power to safely enter the quantum realm and return back from it because they have evidence from the first film that Scott Lang was able to do that. If he can do it, why can't we? If we do succeed in Ant-Man and the Wasp, then that does open a whole entire new multi-verse to enter into and play around in. I'm not the story creator, so I can't tell you what they're going to do with that. But I definitely see the potential there.
So potentially we could see the "mutli-verse" take shape with alternate versions of the same characters showing up in future movies. Would solve the issue of certain actors getting older and maybe moving on. Who knows what direction they could take in Phase 4? Especially since Fox is rumored to be exploring selling out their tv and film assets to Disney.

Anything with the word multiverse is immediately stupid. 
Not if they get to revisit the whole timeline and do the Mutant Registration Act in context with the rest of the characters.  That would be awesome.

Is the MCU this generation's Star Wars?
I don't think so.  I feel that Star Wars different then any other movies of the time, most scifi was so cheesy/campy, with B level special effects, and Star Wars finally made it look and feel "realistic", and really swept a generation into it.  I'm not sure what it would take to do that again, but with the multitude of action, super hero, and space movies, I don't think any one of those at this point has that level of impact as Star Wars did back then.

There are still a significant amount of people that don't know what MCU is or how it's not DCU.  Just don't think these will be quite as culture defining 40 years from now as SW has been.

Leeroy Jenkins said:
I kind of recall that now.  So many movies that I only was able to view once -- I like them all, but damn I cannot remember half of them.

TheFanatic said:
Yes. He leaves with his side of the faction, sans shield and says, "If you need us, we'll be around." Or something like that
He sends a package with a cell phone to Tony Stank.

Big spoiler in the tag. It relates to someone being in the trailer. People go through that thing frame by frame but it someone you wouldn’t expect. 

Chewbacca is in the trailer so people are speculating Rey might show up with a lightsaber. Weird.

Rumors heating up again about Disney buying out Fox's TV and film production. Would be awesome to have the X-Men and F4 back in the fold for Phase 4. Could be some negatives as Fox is more risk taking than Disney usually (R Rated Deadpool for example), but for every Logan that Fox made there are two other terrible Wolverine movies.

Rumors heating up again about Disney buying out Fox's TV and film production. Would be awesome to have the X-Men and F4 back in the fold for Phase 4. Could be some negatives as Fox is more risk taking than Disney usually (R Rated Deadpool for example), but for every Logan that Fox made there are two other terrible Wolverine movies.
....and there has never been a good F4 movie.  Could you imagine what Disney could do with Dr Doom if they got him?

Thinking of getting online unlimited subscription for my daughter for Christmas. I know it's been discussed here before just looking for pros and cons re your experience with the service. How are the phone apps? TIA

I think there are some books she will still physically buy but this will open up stuff that she was hesitant to buy. 

While I'm ok with an occasional Big Bad Guy... and Galactus would be a REALLY BIG BAD GUY... I tend to think movies are better when the villain is easier to relate to and so has to rely on more than "I am big and powerful".   Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight being a fantastic example. 

So I'd love to have Dr Doom in the MCU.  Galactus I'm less enthused about. I just think it's harder to tell a good story with a villain like him.

While I'm ok with an occasional Big Bad Guy... and Galactus would be a REALLY BIG BAD GUY... I tend to think movies are better when the villain is easier to relate to and so has to rely on more than "I am big and powerful".   Heath Ledger's Joker in Dark Knight being a fantastic example. 

So I'd love to have Dr Doom in the MCU.  Galactus I'm less enthused about. I just think it's harder to tell a good story with a villain like him.
I agree partially, Galactus is not an easy villain to do, but I do have faith that the MCU could pull it off well. Fox, not so much.

Doubtful this changes anything before Avengers 4, but may open some different easter eggs to be added

Baxter Bldg in any NY scenes?
Captain American making offhanded remarks about some guy that bursts into flames and flies?

:pickle:

The :tinfoilhat:  in me thinks this is one reason why they have been so tight lipped regarding Phase 4, they were waiting to see if this came to fruition. There are 3 X-men movies due next year that are already filmed, wonder if they continue to support those franchises as they are with some tweaks, or just totally start from scratch. I could see them rebooting X-men and F4 after the first few films of Phase 4 take them past 2020 which would likely be something like Dr Strange 2 and Guardians 3.

I agree partially, Galactus is not an easy villain to do, but I do have faith that the MCU could pull it off well. Fox, not so much.
Agreed, it'd probably be similar to how they treated Thanos. We wouldn't really get a glimpse of Galactus influence until a couple movies into Phase 4 and then slowly build up to him for a big Avengers style movie later on.

:pickle:

The :tinfoilhat:  in me thinks this is one reason why they have been so tight lipped regarding Phase 4, they were waiting to see if this came to fruition. There are 3 X-men movies due next year that are already filmed, wonder if they continue to support those franchises as they are with some tweaks, or just totally start from scratch. I could see them rebooting X-men and F4 after the first few films of Phase 4 take them past 2020 which would likely be something like Dr Strange 2 and Guardians 3.
Could be a reason why we went from Infinity War 1 and 2, to just the one and another unnamed Avengers film. 

sorry for the slight off topic question,  in the Fox deal, it is said that Disney gets the original Star Wars movies.   Did Lucas Film not control those as part of the deal with Disney to begin with?

Also Disney is going to get Fox Networks and Fox TV stations.  How will this affect everyone's local Fox OTA affiliate? 

sorry for the slight off topic question,  in the Fox deal, it is said that Disney gets the original Star Wars movies.   Did Lucas Film not control those as part of the deal with Disney to begin with?

Also Disney is going to get Fox Networks and Fox TV stations.  How will this affect everyone's local Fox OTA affiliate? 
I'm pretty sure this can't happen due to some broadcasting rules, so I think those are being spun off into a separate company.  What it will do to programming on them as now much of the programming fox networks shows will be owned by Disney, that I don't know.

I'm pretty sure this can't happen due to some broadcasting rules, so I think those are being spun off into a separate company.  What it will do to programming on them as now much of the programming fox networks shows will be owned by Disney, that I don't know.
who would own the new company?

I did read Fox is creating a new company which combines their remaining assets of sports and news but I think this is different from what you are saying.

who would own the new company?

I did read Fox is creating a new company which combines their remaining assets of sports and news but I think this is different from what you are saying.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/disney-to-buy-fox-film-tv-businesses-for-dollar52-billion/ar-BBGJgUn?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

"Immediately before the acquisition, Fox will separate the Fox Broadcasting network and stations, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, its sports channels FS1, FS2 and the Big Ten Network into a newly listed company that it will spin off to its shareholders."

There is some broadcasting rule that states the 4 main networks must stay separate, I read about it before but don't know the details, so that is causing this move.  So I think the above includes Fox channel itself, though I guess that's not 100% clear.

Users who are viewing this thread