What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (10 Viewers)

Black Panther is crushing the early reviews!

On Rotten Tomatoes, after 81 reviews, 80 have been positive!

Here is the RT consensus from critics

Black Panther elevates superhero cinema to thrilling new heights while telling one of the MCU's most absorbing stories -- and introducing some of its most fully realized characters.
Can't wait to see this next weekend.

Between Black Panther and Infinity War and everything else coming in the 10th anniversary I'm way more geeked up than I probably should be for a man my age.

But I don't f'n care. This is gonna be awesome.

See link above- sounds awful.  Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson as the con artists?  :X
Yeah, I saw it after I wrote that and stand behind it twice as much. I'm sorry, but they just can't redo that movie and do it any sort of justice and there is no way they can do anything close to the ruprecht scene. 

Yeah, I saw it after I wrote that and stand behind it twice as much. I'm sorry, but they just can't redo that movie and do it any sort of justice and there is no way they can do anything close to the ruprecht scene. 
Who cares? It's really not a big deal. Let it go.

Why does he have a cork on the end of his fork? Lol

I bet they'll recreate that scene in the remake. Can't wait for this train wreck lol. 

I know this is not a Marvel product but it is highly inspired by Marvel and I hope it brings a smile...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBpdL9hSac4
Starting in early May, we have an epic run of movies over the next 5 weeks. Infinity Wars, Deadpool 2, Solo and then this. Good thing I paid $25 for that popcorn bucket that allows me to fill it for $4. That will pay for itself in those 5 weeks alone. 

Saw Black Panther last night and thought it was pretty decent.  Not as good or fun as the Thor movie, but enjoyable and excellent cinematography...  I'd recommend it.  Definitely better than Dr. Strange

Saw Black Panther last night and thought it was pretty decent.  Not as good or fun as the Thor movie, but enjoyable and excellent cinematography...  I'd recommend it.  Definitely better than Dr. Strange
Enough of that.  Did you hear that Rebel Wilson is in a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels??

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking my boys to see Black Panther at 8pm tonight.  Theaters filling up quickly for this one in my area.

Peak said:
Taking my boys to see Black Panther at 8pm tonight.  Theaters filling up quickly for this one in my area.
My theater was only about 25% full last night at 7:30.    I do live in a very white area though.

My theater was only about 25% full last night at 7:30.    I do live in a very white area though.
Live just north of Cincinnati with 3 theaters witin a 10mile radius of each other.  All three have showings tonite that are filling up quickly for tonight.  Only the front row was available in two of them.  It's a mix demographic area, but still rather busy.  Typically Marvel and Star Wars does well in our area.

Honestly, I was expecting Dr. Strange type of movie in terms of quality and attendance for Black Panther. I didn't see Strange in the theaters but planned on taking my boys to see this one simply because we haven't been to the theater since Star Wars 8. I'm thinking I take them next weekend and let the crowds die down.

Wow, the theater I go to is down to largely first two rows for every showing between now and Sunday night, including the pre-noon showings.  I'm not even considering trying to see this for 2 weeks at this point.  I hate a theater rush, and i'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers.

Wow, the theater I go to is down to largely first two rows for every showing between now and Sunday night, including the pre-noon showings.  I'm not even considering trying to see this for 2 weeks at this point.  I hate a theater rush, and i'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers.
This theater didn't even sell Star Wars out on opening night.   It's awesome.. i can walk up 10 min before the movie,  buy a ticket,  sit in the middle, buy a coke, bring my own boubon in a flask, and enjoy without a bunch of crowd noise.  $10 tickets.

Same here. I'm thinking the 24th. Maybe a morning movie with the kids, so if they act out too much, nobody cares. 

Our screening had only 30 people in it max.  Of course normal people probably had work and school.  

IMO it was a top level Marvel movie, but I realize I have a different ranking than some considering how little I like GotG and Thor movies.  Just loved the energy and style to the movie and it's always a plus to have interesting bad guys having human motivations and doing something besides tracking down a glowing orb thingy.  

We saw Black Panther last night at 745 in IMAX 3D and it was packed.  Very good movie.  A little long and I thought they could have cut a few scenes but overall really liked it.

We saw Black Panther last night at 745 in IMAX 3D and it was packed.  Very good movie.  A little long and I thought they could have cut a few scenes but overall really liked it.
One of my favorite from the MCU.

my 15yo said it seemed too short.
Yeah as far as origin stories, I think it only ranks behind Iron Man and GotG (even though this wasn't his first appearance).  Really well done.  

I probably shouldn't have said it was too long as your son is right, it went by quickly. 

Without spoiling anything, the only couple of scenes I think didn't add much were the "other plane" experiences.

Yeah as far as origin stories, I think it only ranks behind Iron Man and GotG (even though this wasn't his first appearance).  Really well done.  

I probably shouldn't have said it was too long as your son is right, it went by quickly. 

Without spoiling anything, the only couple of scenes I think didn't add much were the "other plane" experiences.
You mean the visions or literally planes?

I'd disagree on the visions, they brought meaning imo.

You mean the visions or literally planes?

I'd disagree on the visions, they brought meaning imo.
The visions.  They were ok but I thought they were superfluous.  I thought the "real world" actions had already driven those points home.

So if you were to watch every film in the Marvel Universe what order would you watch them in?

I just watched Spiderman Homecoming. I thought it was the second best Spiderman film made (Spiderman 2 is my favorite). I have yet to see Dr Strange, The Avengers Age Of Ultron, all 3 Thor films, and I passed on IM 2 and 3. I plan on seeing Black Panther soon as well as Civil War.

Am I missing anything else?

So if you were to watch every film in the Marvel Universe what order would you watch them in?

I just watched Spiderman Homecoming. I thought it was the second best Spiderman film made (Spiderman 2 is my favorite). I have yet to see Dr Strange, The Avengers Age Of Ultron, all 3 Thor films, and I passed on IM 2 and 3. I plan on seeing Black Panther soon as well as Civil War.

Dr. Strange is fantastic as a stand alone movie.  My son has only seen a couple of the movies and loved it and my wife even liked it.

How are we supposed to know what you haven't seen?  :P

Maybe just good the release order and watch them that way.   Sometimes they have stuff that bleed a little into other movies that follow.  So I think of the ones that you listed, that's something like:  Thor, IM2, Thor 2, IM3, Ultron, Civil War, Dr. Strange, Thor 3, Black Panther?   

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-avengers/

My go to link.

CA:Winter Soldier may be the best of them all.

Missed Thor as I waited too long and it was out of theatres over Christmas break when I was going to watch it. Looking forward to the Blu Ray release in a couple of weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread