What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Watched the two episode start of Cloak and Dagger.

It wasn't horrible perhaps, but not particularly good either.  Felt like there wasn't anything memorable or impressive about the male lead.  He was just sort of there.  The girl was ok.  Haven't really been drawn into the story.

It wasn't horrible perhaps, but not particularly good either.  Felt like there wasn't anything memorable or impressive about the male lead.  He was just sort of there.  The girl was ok.  Haven't really been drawn into the story.
I enojoyed it quite a bit. Pretty good for a TV show. His darkforce dimension effects were on the weak "TV" side of things though.

I enojoyed it quite a bit. Pretty good for a TV show. His darkforce dimension effects were on the weak "TV" side of things though.
2 eps in and seems to be a little slow.  My 9 year old is enjoying it, had to explain the drug use stuff though.  Didn't expect that although its freeform so I shouldn't have been surprised.

Has some promise so we are giving it time hoping something gets it going...

Good article. It really is amazing how successful the Marvel movies have been.
What he didn't mention was the major bullet they dodged in that none of the stars of any of these movies was involved in a Weinstein like sexual harassment situation. What if any one of the main Avengers got nailed for that? Could they just reshoot with Christopher Plummer? Could they forge ahead and hope it goes away? With as many people they have in all these movies, and all of them playing vital roles in IW, if any one of them had been caught up in that what could they have done?

Week or two ago I was watching an unrelated movie called Gifted.  Chris Evans played a guy raising his niece, and dealing with a custody battle from his domineering mother when it turns out the kid is a math genius.

I was struck how well Evans came off in the scenes with the mother/grandmother. I think he is able to bring a sense of wisdom to his characters that goes far beyond his age.  I hadn't consciously noticed it of him before, but I think it really contributes to how good his Captain America portrayal is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Week or two ago I was watching an unrelated movie called Gifted.  Chris Evans played an guy raising his niece, and dealing with a custody battle from his domineering mother when it turns out the kid is a math genius.

I was struck how well Evans came off in the scenes with the mother/grandmother. I think he is able to bring a sense of wisdom to his characters that goes far beyond his age.  I hadn't consciously noticed it of him before, but I think it really contributes to how good his Captain America portrayal is.
Yeah, he does a good job in that. Everyone in "Gifted" does, now I think about it.

Yeah, he does a good job in that. Everyone in "Gifted" does, now I think about it.
Agreed. Mckenna Grace was really good.  Kind of reminded me of Natalie Portman a bit, if maybe not as much presence as Portman possessed even when young.

Week or two ago I was watching an unrelated movie called Gifted.  Chris Evans played a guy raising his niece, and dealing with a custody battle from his domineering mother when it turns out the kid is a math genius.

Good movie. Evans is a good actor. I am becoming a Jenny Slate fan. She is attractive in a very understated way.

Is this where we talk about Luke cage or in the Netflix thread? 

Is anyone else kind of cheering for Bushmaster? Not to kill cage but I don't think that's what he wants.

Not that rotten tomatoes is the end all/be all, but Wasp is currently rated higher than the 1st Ant-Man on their freshness meter. Can't wait to see it this weekend!

Seeing it this weekend as well, pretty excited about it!   Watched Ant-Man again recently and I think I enjoyed it more on the second viewing.

We'll probably go next weekend or maybe that Monday as I'll have it off. Do I need to avoid this thread until then?

Just saw it. Very good. Last hour was non stop action. Michael Pena was fantastic.  And mid credit scene was awesome. 
Gonna see it Sunday morning (breakfast and a movie).  Saw the original again this past weekend.  I liked the feel of the first movie very much.  Michael Pena is awesome.

Two - mid-credit and end-credit.  End credit adds nothing; basically a gag.  The mid-credit scene was  :moneybag: .  
Probably should have switched those two.  Having the mid-credit scene be the final impression would have left my kids' jaws on the floor.

We all very much enjoyed it as we expected we would.
Enjoyed it also.

Only minor issue was I saw the previews a bunch (hard to avoid them), and I felt they used too high a percentage of the action scenes in the previews. Seemed like most of the time in an action scene, I knew what was coming up because of previews.

Loved the mid-credit scene. Didn't see the ending of it coming. Also liked the "Ant-Man & The Wasp will return?" at the very end, that was clever.

Enjoyed it also.

Only minor issue was I saw the previews a bunch (hard to avoid them), and I felt they used too high a percentage of the action scenes in the previews. Seemed like most of the time in an action scene, I knew what was coming up because of previews.

Loved the mid-credit scene. Didn't see the ending of it coming. Also liked the "Ant-Man & The Wasp will return?" at the very end, that was clever.
I totally missed the question mark.  Nice touch. 

I have only one, completely minor, nit pick

While Fiege has done a superb job hiding the exact time line from viewers to allow himself breathing room from geeks like me, I am still wondering why one of the smartest minds on the planet (Pym) was not working on the Thanos issue instead of collecting more energy for Ghost in the mid scene credit. 

We can certainly acknowledge that they may have not have known what was going on in Wakanda during that scene but they clearly had to know what happened in NY by the mid credit scene.

Minor nit as I mention but still left me scratching my head

While Fiege has done a superb job hiding the exact time line from viewers to allow himself breathing room from geeks like me, I am still wondering why one of the smartest minds on the planet (Pym) was not working on the Thanos issue instead of collecting more energy for Ghost in the mid scene credit. 

We can certainly acknowledge that they may have not have known what was going on in Wakanda during that scene but they clearly had to know what happened in NY by the mid credit scene.

Pym hasn't involved himself in anything that didn't involve him directly since he left S.H.I.E.L.D.  The events of the first Ant-Man movie only occurred because Darren Cross was getting close to figuring out how Pym's shrinking technology worked.  This movie was all about getting his wife back from the Quantum Realm.  He never got involved with the invasion from the Chitauri in NY or Ultron's activities in Sokovia.  Clearly, he's quite content to let groups like the Avengers handle that sort of thing.  Of these characters, only Lang has involved himself in anything non-Pym related.

My only complaint with the Ant-Man movies has been the inconsistency of how they deal with mass.  Sometimes when they're small, they can still hit people as hard as they can when they're full-sized.  Or they'll fall and hit something with more weight than they should have for something so small.  But then they can pick up and carry a shrunken building like it's just a cardboard box.  

My only complaint with the Ant-Man movies has been the inconsistency of how they deal with mass.  Sometimes when they're small, they can still hit people as hard as they can when they're full-sized.  Or they'll fall and hit something with more weight than they should have for something so small.  But then they can pick up and carry a shrunken building like it's just a cardboard box.  
They explained this in the first movie as ants can lift something like 5000 times their weight so in theory they get stronger when they are smaller. The building doesn't exhibit the same behaviors as they do because it is an inanimate object. 

They explained this in the first movie as ants can lift something like 5000 times their weight so in theory they get stronger when they are smaller. The building doesn't exhibit the same behaviors as they do because it is an inanimate object. 
At one point Scott falls on the roof of a car when small and dents it. How does that have anything to do with strength? Also, that would imply that he would get weaker when he goes giant-sized, which clearly doesn’t happen.

NewlyRetired said:

Just got back. Same thought. Feel like they could have mentioned it. Also pretty crazy how many people left the theater before the credits scene which is really the true end of the movie. 

I need to remember this thread when people complain about me nitpicking Game of Thrones.  :lol: at "inconsistency of how they deal with mass" in a superhero movie.  

Watched Iron Man 1 tonight.

I have to say the exact same thing I said after my Captain America 1 re-watch.  Knowing the whole of the character's arc still to come... I found I appreciated the first movie a lot more.

Two - mid-credit and end-credit.  End credit adds nothing; basically a gag.  The mid-credit scene was  :moneybag: .  
Agree.  Mid-credit scene was fantastic.  After credits scene was a waste of time......but you’ll stay and watch anyway because you’re there so why not?  

Good flick overall.  For me, it was on a par with first AM.

Saw it last night with the family. We all loved it, I thought it was just a bit better than the first one. Wish they would have kept the release schedule from last year where it was spring, summer and fall.

Wasp did a lot more fighting in this movie than Ant-Man. Kate has come a long way since leaving the island. I wonder when, in the Marvel timeline, Jack comes to take her back to the island.

Evangeline Lilly is so hot. I can't wait till they kill off Ant-Man and let Wasp run the show in Phase 2 and Phase 3. Captain Marvel who?

After seeing Ant-man 2 I am wondering how will they fit all the major storylines into IW4? 

Storylines we are sure that will be big. 

What happens to Captain? Since his contract is up and he hinted he was leaving. What happens Ironman?  Strange bargained for his life for a reason, right? Ant-man should have a huge role after what happened in this last movie. Hulk is do for a massive comeback. He went from the most bad ### avenger in the 1st one to a punching bag that won't come out to play any more. Thor is now the bad ### and I am not sure how he could take a back seat. Loki, is he alive and if so that seems like a major plot. 

The reason part 3 worked so well was a lot of the hero's that were in it took back seats or only had a important role for a minute. All these seem like they are major parts for part 4 and could take up a lot of time. 

Quantum energy vs. Thanos. 

Maybe that's what Strange saw. Need to trap Lange down there and learn all that quantum #### so he can come back and use it to save the day. 

Users who are viewing this thread