What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (12 Viewers)

Wasp did a lot more fighting in this movie than Ant-Man. Kate has come a long way since leaving the island. I wonder when, in the Marvel timeline, Jack comes to take her back to the island.

Evangeline Lilly is so hot. I can't wait till they kill off Ant-Man and let Wasp run the show in Phase 2 and Phase 3. Captain Marvel who?
She is coming to the Comic Con in SLC in September.  You better believe I got a photo op. :bag:

Quantum energy vs. Thanos. 

Maybe that's what Strange saw. Need to trap Lange down there and learn all that quantum #### so he can come back and use it to save the day. 
the word "time" was used in reference to the quantum energy multiple times in the two ant man movies.

Given that the concept of time is very likely to come into play both via Captain Marvel and the need to fix the timeline to get the dusted back, I can see quantum coming into play in the next Avengers movie.

=====

By the way, we had mentioned earlier that they were not releasing the name of the 4th Avengers movie because it was rumored that the title was a spoiler for IW.  Has anyone read when they intend to release the title? 

the word "time" was used in reference to the quantum energy multiple times in the two ant man movies.

Given that the concept of time is very likely to come into play both via Captain Marvel and the need to fix the timeline to get the dusted back, I can see quantum coming into play in the next Avengers movie.

=====

By the way, we had mentioned earlier that they were not releasing the name of the 4th Avengers movie because it was rumored that the title was a spoiler for IW.  Has anyone read when they intend to release the title? 
I thought I read sometime in the fall.

=====

I don't think I caught the time references. I was actually surprised that the lady trapped down there for so many years aged the same as everyone else. I was expecting a twist there. 

I would guess they won't release it until after IW then? I'm fine with Avengers 4. Hate any sort of spoilers. 

I don't think I caught the time references. I was actually surprised that the lady trapped down there for so many years aged the same as everyone else. I was expecting a twist there. 

I would guess they won't release it until after IW then? I'm fine with Avengers 4. Hate any sort of spoilers. 
Here is the key line from Ant Man 1

If that regulator is compromised, you would go subatomic. What does that mean? It means that you would enter a quantum realm. What does that mean? It means that you would enter a reality where all concepts of time and space become irrelevant as you shrink for all eternity. 

===========

I don't understand your second comment.  IW has been out for 2.5 months.  I don't think there is a person on the planet, who cares, who could have that movie spoiled for them at this point unless they just came out of a coma :)

Here is the key line from Ant Man 1

If that regulator is compromised, you would go subatomic. What does that mean? It means that you would enter a quantum realm. What does that mean? It means that you would enter a reality where all concepts of time and space become irrelevant as you shrink for all eternity. 

===========

I don't understand your second comment.  IW has been out for 2.5 months.  I don't think there is a person on the planet, who cares, who could have that movie spoiled for them at this point unless they just came out of a coma :)
Then why did the lady age the same? Guess the body is the body...

Ah. I suck with acronyms. Hate them, to be tbh. Need to post that in the pet peeve thread. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Then why did the lady age the same? Guess the body is the body...
In the end it sounds like the director chose cosmetics over the "science" since they did not have much to go on for the science part.  He talks about it here but in general he thought the movie would be better visually and reach people more if old Hank Pym did not suddenly find his young wife.  Stylistically he wanted to present an older couple and a younger couple together on screen.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2447990/ant-man-and-the-wasp-director-peyton-reed-discusses-what-happened-to-janet-in-the-quantum-realm

Just got back from seeing it with he kids. They loved it. Personally I thought anything funny (especially Michael Pena) was great. Anything dramatic (especially Michael Douglas) was lousy.

And whoever was in charge of makeup for the women should be tarred and feathered.

Just got back from seeing it with he kids. They loved it. Personally I thought anything funny (especially Michael Pena) was great. Anything dramatic (especially Michael Douglas) was lousy.

And whoever was in charge of makeup for the women should be tarred and feathered.
I didn't mind Douglas but he was probably the low point of the movie.

Fishbourne rocks. Ghost was a very good "villian". The lower level cast was great - Park, Dastmalchian, Greer, Cannavale (their exchanges with the cops were funny) and who wouldn't want Abby Ryder Fortson as their daughter?

Enjoyed the movie. It was middle of the road for Marvel movies for me, which is still high praise.

Love Hannah John Kamen from her role in Killjoys so was great seeing her in it. 

Fishbourne rocks. Ghost was a very good "villian". The lower level cast was great - Park, Dastmalchian, Greer, Cannavale (their exchanges with the cops were funny) and who wouldn't want Abby Ryder Fortson as their daughter?
Yeah Pym/Douglas comes off pretty annoying. They saved it for me when Fishbourne and someone else kept busting on him for being an annoying ###. It's like "ohhhh he's suppose to be a #####. Ok. Well played, Douglas". 

-OZ- said:

It wasn't Douglas' dooshness that didn't work for me it was his part. Even his funny parts busting on Antman for shmoozing with his daughter seemed flat. The guy's no Kirk Douglas, but I've never disliked him in anything before. He just seemed wooden. Maybe it was the writing. "I'm coming for you honey" was eye roll out loud bad.

Agree on the supporting cast. I liked Sonny the gangster too.

Pfieffer is one of those beautiful 80s actresses, and Lilly is one of those iconic girl next door beauties and about the only reason I suffered through the last season of Lost. But their makeup was bad. Way too much and put on so that it distracted from their features. Especially Pfieffer. I get she's 60ish, but she looked hollywood 70ish. That second post credit scene seemed like a thumb your nose at the "You HAVE to have TWO post credit scenes in an MCU movie" executives.

It wasn't Douglas' dooshness that didn't work for me it was his part. Even his funny parts busting on Antman for shmoozing with his daughter seemed flat. The guy's no Kirk Douglas, but I've never disliked him in anything before. He just seemed wooden. Maybe it was the writing. "I'm coming for you honey" was eye roll out loud bad.

Agree on the supporting cast. I liked Sonny the gangster too.

Pfieffer is one of those beautiful 80s actresses, and Lilly is one of those iconic girl next door beauties and about the only reason I suffered through the last season of Lost. But their makeup was bad. Way too much and put on so that it distracted from their features. Especially Pfieffer. I get she's 60ish, but she looked hollywood 70ish. That second post credit scene seemed like a thumb your nose at the "You HAVE to have TWO post credit scenes in an MCU movie" executives.
2nd post credit? Crap. We left after the first.

2nd post credit? Crap. We left after the first.
you should be thankful that you did. It was more like something that was swept up off the editior's cutting room floor, than a Post Credit Scene. Maybe the actor was a producer's nephew and this was his big break, or it was a charitable donation to the David Cassidy foundation or maybe it was Danny Bonaduce making one last public appearance  :shrug:

GregR said:
Enjoyed the movie. It was middle of the road for Marvel movies for me, which is still high praise.

Love Hannah John Kamen from her role in Killjoys so was great seeing her in it. 
Same here, not quite to the level of funny of the 1st Ant-Man, but pretty close and thought it was very solid. Especially the 2nd half of the film and the many jokes around Scott's malfunctioning regulator. Didn't mind Douglas or anyone else in the cast except maybe Park as the straight-laced FBI agent and that might be more because the character was dumb.

Was a nice breezy and light adventure after how heavy Infinity War was. Was awesome in 3D, the Ant-Man's are perfect for 3D viewing with changes in size and scale, unlike some of the other Marvel movies.

The kid and I watched it over the weekend and enjoyed tremendously.  Around the same as the original for me.

During the mid credit scenes my daughter stood up and loudly said "Oh my gosh they got THANOS'd".  I was laughing but also told her to saying more quietly.  She was in awe!

That second post credit scene seemed like a thumb your nose at the "You HAVE to have TWO post credit scenes in an MCU movie" executives.
It was funny the first time they did it in Spiderman Homecoming.  I laughed.  This one was more "WTF, I sat here for that?!"

The kid and I watched it over the weekend and enjoyed tremendously.  Around the same as the original for me.

During the mid credit scenes my daughter stood up and loudly said "Oh my gosh they got THANOS'd".  I was laughing but also told her to saying more quietly.  She was in awe!
Thanos did nothing wrong.

Thought Ant Man was ok. Not great. It was funny but just didn’t really love it. Fell asleep twice, but that’s more to movie theaters being so freaking comfortable now. 

Looking forward a lot to captain marvel. This is definitely one I’d never watch again if I didn’t have a kid I’m going to re-watch them all with. 

Just checked out her Twitter and Instagram. I imagine they hit it off well, she seems to have the same kind of sense of humor as he. Also, lots of pictures of her fitting herself into tiny spaces.  I like the plane booger one.

superman would kick the hell out of thanos just so we are all clear on that thanos comes in with his stupid glove and sup would just rip it off and smash it and then throw thanos into the sun while bees ate him and you know who would not stop thanos batman thats who because he stinks the bag take that to the bank brohans 

Just an FYI, "The Gifted" is not all that great, but watchable. Right now it's all "Run Mutants Run", and the stories basically write themselves.  I was a fan of the whole "mutant registration act" comic storyline, so this is in my wheel house.  Can't put my finger on what's missing. 

There's an underlying lack of confidence in the show, so they try and squeeze in as much action as possible.  Everything rushes to the next action scene.  Wish this had been on a channel like FX where it could get a slow-burn and build an audience. 

Edit: Not officially MCU, but I think they mentioned the X Men in it once and there's a lot of "Sentinel" chatter
OMG did this show get HORRIBLE.  We're talking season 2 of "Heroes" terrible.

Just checked out her Twitter and Instagram. I imagine they hit it off well, she seems to have the same kind of sense of humor as he. Also, lots of pictures of her fitting herself into tiny spaces.  I like the plane booger one.
NSFW - her last tweet.. a collection of terrible perv tweets she has been sent.

I repeat twitter will end us all.

Started watching Iron Fist 2 this week.  Not worthy of its own thread, but it is better than season 1.  The martial arts are pretty entertaining and it is fairly gritty with a couple of good story lines.  I'm kind of a sucker for this stuff, though.

Started watching Iron Fist 2 this week.  Not worthy of its own thread, but it is better than season 1.  The martial arts are pretty entertaining and it is fairly gritty with a couple of good story lines.  I'm kind of a sucker for this stuff, though.
I just started this as well.  Through the first couple of episodes, and not bad.  Much better than the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread