Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Falcon and the Winter Soldier Done Showering, Loki Up Next.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He w

Pepper Potts’s head

well done guys!  You had to pollute one of the few threads that is not stained with what ever political side you support.

12 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

That tv spot was awesome. This movie better be 2.5 - 3 hours long.

Joe Russo quoted saying it was right around 3 hours long.

Short teaser but effective.  Can't wait for April.

Edited by CentralPA
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CentralPA said:

Joe Russo quoted saying it was right around 3 hours long.

Short teaser but effective.  Can't wait for April.

Yep

Or March for Captain Marcel

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Ant Man & Wasp on Netflix.  But  movie stunk.

Seriously? 

It's not top 5 for me but I liked it a lot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Seriously? 

It's not top 5 for me but I liked it a lot. 

Yeah, did not think much of it.  Humor was weak.  Story was weak.  A little too convenient that the mother could heal ghost.

Creativity of the size changing stuff was good.  But a miniature car outrunning a full sized car?  It was like 1/20th of the size and would have had to do like 1600 miles per hour relatively.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Yeah, did not think much of it.  Humor was weak.  Story was weak.  A little too convenient that the mother could heal ghost.

Creativity of the size changing stuff was good.  But a miniature car outrunning a full sized car?  It was like 1/20th of the size and would have had to do like 1600 miles per hour relatively.

 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

And it is too each their own - but the movie is lifte up for fitting in the Avengers/Marvel  mythos.  Standalone it like a 6

🤷‍♂️ To each their own, but I was entertained in the theater and am about halfway through it again on Netflix.  Rudd and Lilly work well together.  

I didn't mind that the mom could cure ghost but it is very convenient that just as they're trying to get her back ghost makes her appearance. 

With all comic book movies you need to suspend disbelief. I don't care that the scaled car would have to drive 20x60mph or whatever, when a tiny person can knock a full grown person out, and a building can shrink and move with nobody seeming to notice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

 

🤷‍♂️ To each their own, but I was entertained in the theater and am about halfway through it again on Netflix.  Rudd and Lilly work well together.  

I didn't mind that the mom could cure ghost but it is very convenient that just as they're trying to get her back ghost makes her appearance. 

With all comic book movies you need to suspend disbelief. I don't care that the scaled car would have to drive 20x60mph or whatever, when a tiny person can knock a full grown person out, and a building can shrink and move with nobody seeming to notice. 

This I agree.  When I see someone point out a bunch of things in a fictional movie that could never happen IRL as the reason why the movie was bad it is a pet peeve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

 

🤷‍♂️ To each their own, but I was entertained in the theater and am about halfway through it again on Netflix.  Rudd and Lilly work well together.  

I didn't mind that the mom could cure ghost but it is very convenient that just as they're trying to get her back ghost makes her appearance. 

With all comic book movies you need to suspend disbelief. I don't care that the scaled car would have to drive 20x60mph or whatever, when a tiny person can knock a full grown person out, and a building can shrink and move with nobody seeming to notice. 

Yeah, yeah and Ant Man was bracing himself and, with the levels of gravity and polarity, I believe the #### could happen!

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL and we question when they shrink the house...what happens to the plumbing, the underground utilities blah blah blah......its a comic book movie. Suspend disbelief and let yourself be a kid again people.

Anyway, I loved Antman. Top 3 Marvel flick for me personally. The sequel.....meh not so much. It entertained me, but did not hold a candle to the the original. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Mario Kart said:

That tv spot was awesome. This movie better be 2.5 - 3 hours long.

The internet sleuths are already examining the trailer frame by frame and have discovered things like what appears to be someone edited out to keep spoilers in play from 2 of the shots. 

I love the crazy dedicated people of this world.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Todem said:

LOL and we question when they shrink the house...what happens to the plumbing, the underground utilities blah blah blah......its a comic book movie. Suspend disbelief and let yourself be a kid again people.

Anyway, I loved Antman. Top 3 Marvel flick for me personally. The sequel.....meh not so much. It entertained me, but did not hold a candle to the the original. 

Off the grid building. And not even solar. Probably some fusion generator. Water from some sort of large vat on the first floor. Waste goes into a holding tank next to the water. 

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheFanatic said:

Off the grid building. And not even solar. Probably some fusion generator. Water from some sort of large vat on the first floor. Waste goes into a holding tank next to the water. 

FACTS!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, The Big Guy said:

The internet sleuths are already examining the trailer frame by frame and have discovered things like what appears to be someone edited out to keep spoilers in play from 2 of the shots. 

I love the crazy dedicated people of this world.

I tried not to watch too closely but they gave away an ultra minor spoiler but made it so obvious I assume they did not care.

It looks like Cap gets his round shield back.  I think this is likely important and symbolic since I still think Cap dies saving everyone and as part of his death scene he gives shield to Bucky

The only semi interesting part of the shield reveal is that they only showed the back of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

I tried not to watch too closely but they gave away an ultra minor spoiler but made it so obvious I assume they did not care.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

It looks like Cap gets his round shield back.  I think this is likely important and symbolic since I still think Cap dies saving everyone and as part of his death scene he gives shield to Bucky

The only semi interesting part of the shield reveal is that they only showed the back of it.

 

 

No spoiler in the fact they have talked about time shifting etc in this, so what we do not know is the when of your spoiler thought from the trailer, but your guess is as good as anyone else's I suppose. Marvel loves trailer misdirections, so making predictions is tough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Corporation said:

You were spared by Thanos.

Whew.

I'm actually nervous about Captain Marvel.  The trailers have not connected with me, but of course I'll be in on opening night.

Same.  Know next to nothing about Captain Marvel but that is usually when I end being pleasantly surprised.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CentralPA said:

Same.  Know next to nothing about Captain Marvel but that is usually when I end being pleasantly surprised.

I was a little nervous for Ant-Man, but I liked the actors going into that one so I had more confidence.  Ended up really liking AntMan (and the sequel was good as well).  Some people mentioned being nervous about Dr. Strange, but I saw the animated movie on his story and it was great, and I knew Benedict was a top tier actor.  I really think Emily Blunt would have fit this character well, but we'll see how Brie does.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So really diving into this universe more.  I knew all the movies would be connected - but I was assuming they would just have their own movies so that when they show up in an Avengers movie they weren't brand new out of nowhere.  No idea just how connected all the characters would be with all of these "infinity stones", and how that started all the way back with the first Captain America movie.  Watched a short video on all of the stone connections, and how they spell out the name of a villain - mind blown.  So of course going back now and watching or rewatching them all in the order in which you're apparently suppose to (just movies, I doubt I'll find the time for the shows).  Realized I completely missed IronMan 3, never saw Hulk, and missed either Thor 2 or 3.  Between Amazon prime, Netflix, the ones I own on disc, and other sources - really hoping for a nice long snowed in weekend.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matttyl said:

So really diving into this universe more.  I knew all the movies would be connected - but I was assuming they would just have their own movies so that when they show up in an Avengers movie they weren't brand new out of nowhere.  No idea just how connected all the characters would be with all of these "infinity stones", and how that started all the way back with the first Captain America movie.  Watched a short video on all of the stone connections, and how they spell out the name of a villain - mind blown.  So of course going back now and watching or rewatching them all in the order in which you're apparently suppose to (just movies, I doubt I'll find the time for the shows).  Realized I completely missed IronMan 3, never saw Hulk, and missed either Thor 2 or 3.  Between Amazon prime, Netflix, the ones I own on disc, and other sources - really hoping for a nice long snowed in weekend.

Link to said video?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

Link to said video?

Initially this one (which is on Amazon Prime, I think you'd need that), apparently made just before Black Panther.  It was the 6:46 mark of that video where I was like, holy #### - it's all connected and they've been giving us clues all the way back to that first Captain movie. 

I then went down a rabbit hole of videos on youtube. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matttyl said:

So really diving into this universe more.  I knew all the movies would be connected - but I was assuming they would just have their own movies so that when they show up in an Avengers movie they weren't brand new out of nowhere.  No idea just how connected all the characters would be with all of these "infinity stones", and how that started all the way back with the first Captain America movie.  Watched a short video on all of the stone connections, and how they spell out the name of a villain - mind blown.  So of course going back now and watching or rewatching them all in the order in which you're apparently suppose to (just movies, I doubt I'll find the time for the shows).  Realized I completely missed IronMan 3, never saw Hulk, and missed either Thor 2 or 3.  Between Amazon prime, Netflix, the ones I own on disc, and other sources - really hoping for a nice long snowed in weekend.

What I find amazing is just how good Marvel is at this movie game. They are great at casting their main heros, and always seem to strike a great balance between humor, action, and drama within their movies. DC is getting better but is still not where Marvel is. Fox has done decently with X men but there has been some inconsistency there. You look at the other studios that did Fantastic Four and Spiderman, and again, some good moments but for the most part don't live up to what Marvel has done. Marvel just gets telling comic book stories in movie form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Initially this one (which is on Amazon Prime, I think you'd need that), apparently made just before Black Panther.  It was the 6:46 mark of that video where I was like, holy #### - it's all connected and they've been giving us clues all the way back to that first Captain movie. 

I then went down a rabbit hole of videos on youtube. 

That's a great vid. Thanks for the link.

One question. The soul stone is the H, but it was hidden on Vormir. I'm trying to figure out how it can be the H, but maybe it can be just because it was Hidden

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheFanatic said:

That's a great vid. Thanks for the link.

One question. The soul stone is the H, but it was hidden on Vormir. I'm trying to figure out how it can be the H, but maybe it can be just because it was Hidden

Don't think that will be it.  I mean N is for "necklace", O is for "Orb".  H could be anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

That's a great vid. Thanks for the link.

One question. The soul stone is the H, but it was hidden on Vormir. I'm trying to figure out how it can be the H, but maybe it can be just because it was Hidden

Heart.  The only way to get the Soul Stone was to go and destroy your heart. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

So in other words, people are just coming up with words to reflect the Infinity Stones in order to spell out Thanos. Seems legit.

Seems like a crazy coincidence.  Ok 6 letters and 6 stones is one thing, but none of the 5 thus far seem like much of a stretch.  I mean, go back and watch the first Captain movie and you hear "Tesseract" at least 30 times in that movie - same with "Orb" in GotG2.  I haven't seen the movie with the "Aether", yet so can't comment on it.  Necklace and Scepter just fall too perfectly into place, for me, for that to be a coincidence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Marvel and Netflix officially ending there relationship.  Such heartbreak.  Loved all the shows minus Iron Fist.  Bernthal was the best Punisher of them all and I really hope Marvel plans on bringing him back when/if they decide to bring these heros back in the fold for the Disney streaming service.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...sounds like Jeph Loeb is at least leaving the door open for these characters to reemerge:

 

Quote

“Our Network partner may have decided they no longer want to continue telling the tales of these great characters... but you know Marvel better than that,” Loeb wrote, throwing some shade at Netflix for its decisions. “As Matthew Murdock's Dad once said, ‘The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat, it's how he gets back up.'

“To be continued…!”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CentralPA said:

Marvel and Netflix officially ending there relationship.  Such heartbreak.  Loved all the shows minus Iron Fist.  Bernthal was the best Punisher of them all and I really hope Marvel plans on bringing him back when/if they decide to bring these heros back in the fold for the Disney streaming service.

But now where will people get their [checks notes]...26 hours of Iron Fist from? 

Edited by Capella
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, CentralPA said:

Marvel and Netflix officially ending there relationship.  Such heartbreak.  Loved all the shows minus Iron Fist.  Bernthal was the best Punisher of them all and I really hope Marvel plans on bringing him back when/if they decide to bring these heros back in the fold for the Disney streaming service.

It will almost be a hard choice between Disney and Netflix. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 11:44 AM, matttyl said:

Seems like a crazy coincidence.  Ok 6 letters and 6 stones is one thing, but none of the 5 thus far seem like much of a stretch.  I mean, go back and watch the first Captain movie and you hear "Tesseract" at least 30 times in that movie - same with "Orb" in GotG2.  I haven't seen the movie with the "Aether", yet so can't comment on it.  Necklace and Scepter just fall too perfectly into place, for me, for that to be a coincidence. 

It's all bunk. Joss Whedon admitted that he had no idea where they were going with thanks when he did the post credit scene in Avengers.

  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capella said:

No it’s not. Those are internet trolls at rotten tomatoes. Tried the same thing with the Last Jedi and Black Panther. 

Losers

That's ALWAYS the excuse given. How 'bout it could just bad?

(Granted, we don't know for certain yet.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - Falcon and the Winter Soldier Done Showering, Loki Up Next.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...