What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Turns out there is a statue of BRB on Sakaar that can be seen briefly in Thor Ragnarok (apparently he was a Champion of Sakaar) and was initially scheduled for a larger role but they eventually went with Hulk instead (good move).  Feige says BRB will appear at some point in the future.

Stormbreaker, Thor's new hammer in Infinity War was actually the hammer created for BRB by Odin in the comics.
Guess thats where I got it from.  Probably one of those videos about the easter eggs you missed in ________ movie.

####### chills. Stark in the white suit so he does get back to earth. Gamora in a white Avengers suit. So ready for this. 

Same place as Batman...they get the super label without powers...just some gimmicks
I see Batman as closer to Ironman - (suit, batmobile, batwing, belt, all add up to being a bad###).  She doesn't really have any of those things.  She's like a more highly trained Nick Fury in my mind (as well as being hotter, have two working eyes, female, white....). 

I see Batman as closer to Ironman - (suit, batmobile, batwing, belt, all add up to being a bad###).  She doesn't really have any of those things.  She's like a more highly trained Nick Fury in my mind (as well as being hotter, have two working eyes, female, white....). 
This is a perfect analogy. Just shows how much better Marvel takes the identical premise and where they can go with a story.

2 billionaires with crime fighting toys.

This is a perfect analogy. Just shows how much better Marvel takes the identical premise and where they can go with a story.

2 billionaires with crime fighting toys.
I enjoyed the Nolan Batman movies.

As an aside, similar to how Black Widow (in MCU) is at the near perfection level for human athleticism, Tony has that level for intelligence, which is a power we seldom recognize as fans but is accurately portrayed on screen.

I know Ghost Rider was in Agents of Shield (and I liked how they did it), but would love a movie treatment.  
Nick Cage as ghost Rider sucked

Need is a strong word and the answer is No, they don't need them.  But before the movies the X-Men were the dominant franchise in Marvel and it really wasn't close. The fan base is there and is too big to be ignored.

I would also argue that it was actually the original X-Men movie (2000) and the two sequels (2003 & 2006) that blazed the trail for the dominance of super hero films we see today. Without them I'm not sure we get the same Iron Man in 2008.

The X-Men are as deeply and fundamentally tied into the Marvel Universe as Batman and Superman are to DC (which is why they get about a thousand movies for every one other DC hero movie). Seriously, where is the real Green Lantern project? If Fox can make Nightcrawler into a positive bad ##$ back in 2003 then there must be someone, somewhere with the creativity to overcome hot wheels in 2019.
X men and Spidey for sure. 

She also wiped the floor with Vision in Civil War.

She's very powerful but she confidence in her ability to maintain control. And if she ever loses control watch out.

Google "House of M".
Sounds a lot like (dark) Phoenix

I'm okay with images that make us think there's more to that specific thing. But the flat out lie of the hulk in Wakanda was something else.
It wasn't a lie.  Technically Hulk was in Wakanda charging into battle with Captain America.

Those definitely look like quantum realm suits from Ant Man and the Wasp.  Hardly a surprise as we know Scott Lang has been driving around with a quantum tunnel in his van.

Seems increasingly possible that Pepper Potts is joining the team as Rescue.  I see no other reason to include the clip of her holding the Iron Man helmet.

Those definitely look like quantum realm suits from Ant Man and the Wasp.  Hardly a surprise as we know Scott Lang has been driving around with a quantum tunnel in his van.

Seems increasingly possible that Pepper Potts is joining the team as Rescue.  I see no other reason to include the clip of her holding the Iron Man helmet.
Wasn't that a flashback to a scene in IM3? 

Damnit. Now I have to leave the thread again until I see the movie since so many people love analyzing trailers. Why does everyone like spoilers so much? We're going to see the movie. Everything  is better when it's fresh. 
Theories have been flying since the minute IW ended.  That's all they are, theories and speculation.  Throw enough #### against the wall and some of it will eventually stick but you have to wade through a room filled with #### to find the one that stuck.  Point being I doubt you will find any spoilers in here before the movie drops.

You might be right, I just took it inline with the voice over talking about his love and who he's fighting to get back to.  
Very possible, probable even.

Speaking of Pepper though, they already had her in armor in IM3 and she got the fireball treatment which...did they ever show Tony curing her of that?

Speaking of Pepper though, they already had her in armor in IM3 and she got the fireball treatment which...did they ever show Tony curing her of that?
I have not seen it in a while but I am pretty sure there is a quick scene at the end of IM3 that shows Tony helping her get cured from Extremis

I am starting to read too many theories again but from some stills during the trailer it looks like there is going to be a huge battle sequence at Avengers HQ.  Probably involving Thanos

I have not seen it in a while but I am pretty sure there is a quick scene at the end of IM3 that shows Tony helping her get cured from Extremis
Don't know if it was a scene but the voice over mentioned him tinkering and curing her.  Was when they show him getting the shrapnel removed

I am starting to read too many theories again but from some stills during the trailer it looks like there is going to be a huge battle sequence at Avengers HQ.  Probably involving Thanos
I don't think you really need to spoiler tag speculation.

You might be right, I just took it inline with the voice over talking about his love and who he's fighting to get back to.  
Back on this for one more thought. Sure it makes sense to show his "love and who he's fighting to get back to." but why that shot?  Why the shot of her picking up the empty helmet and bringing it to her face?  We have 10 years and, how many movies with her? And that's the shot they chose.

Back on this for one more thought. Sure it makes sense to show his "love and who he's fighting to get back to." but why that shot?  Why the shot of her picking up the empty helmet and bringing it to her face?  We have 10 years and, how many movies with her? And that's the shot they chose.
For one it has us talking and speculating about it....

But it could be as simple as it matches him leaving the message in an empty helmet to as complex as her becoming Rescue.  If you are going the Rescue, why not show the scene of her getting armored up or wearing the suit from IM3? Or maybe thats just to direct?

For one it has us talking and speculating about it....

But it could be as simple as it matches him leaving the message in an empty helmet to as complex as her becoming Rescue.  If you are going the Rescue, why not show the scene of her getting armored up or wearing the suit from IM3? Or maybe thats just to direct?
That's my thinking.  It's for the nerds not the general population.

I still put the likelihood at under 50% but it is moving up the list.

That's my thinking.  It's for the nerds not the general population.

I still put the likelihood at under 50% but it is moving up the list.
I love all the speculation.  Rescue, the girl shooting the arrow with Hawkeye, Who's missing in ______ scene... to me it adds a little to the excitement of what could happen.

Of all the trailers for all the movies, I feel like what they have done for Endgame has blown the rest away.

Users who are viewing this thread