Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Falcon and the Winter Soldier Done Showering, Loki Up Next.


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, B Maverick said:

I love all the speculation.  Rescue, the girl shooting the arrow with Hawkeye, Who's missing in ______ scene... to me it adds a little to the excitement of what could happen.

Of all the trailers for all the movies, I feel like what they have done for Endgame has blown the rest away.

I assumed the girl was Hawkeye's daughter, also assumed she was dusted but...???

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He w

Pepper Potts’s head

well done guys!  You had to pollute one of the few threads that is not stained with what ever political side you support.

14 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I assumed the girl was Hawkeye's daughter, also assumed she was dusted but...???

That's my thought, a flashback like I assume Thor's with Asgard. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I assumed the girl was Hawkeye's daughter, also assumed she was dusted but...???

This was my first though and the dusting turned him to Ronin... but its only been 4 years and that girl looked like a teen.  

 I've seen a lot of speculation its actually Kate Bishop and future Hawkeye.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, B Maverick said:

I love all the speculation.  Rescue, the girl shooting the arrow with Hawkeye, Who's missing in ______ scene... to me it adds a little to the excitement of what could happen.

Of all the trailers for all the movies, I feel like what they have done for Endgame has blown the rest away.

It's a small thing, but Ant-Man (probably just back from the quantum realm) looking at the "missing persons" posters hit just the right note.  I'm so ready.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's tough to live in a world where people are judged by the worst things they ever said/did.  Particularly as it is often abused by those pushing their own agendas. I would hate for the worst things I have ever done or said to be viewed as the sum and total of my life.

Glad Gunn is back.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chaka said:

It's tough to live in a world where people are judged by the worst things they ever said/did.  Particularly as it is often abused by those pushing their own agendas. I would hate for the worst things I have ever done or said to be viewed as the sum and total of my life.

Glad Gunn is back.

agreed, as long as you are sincere and have demonstrably changed.  Too many want this forgiveness but haven't changed to deserve it.

 

Glad he is back too.  Looking forward to GotG v3

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Watched and like Captain Marvel.  What was the deal with the cat?  Is it some kind of special cat I should be familiar with?

It's an alien. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, James Daulton said:

I mean I get that but what's the thing's significance to Captain Marvel?  How'd it get to earth?

Mar Vell brought it with her.   It's significant in the comic books and has appeared here and there.  It has a love/hate relationship with Rocket.  I imagine they do something with that in Endgame/GG3

Edited by -fish-
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -fish- said:

Mar Vell brought it with her.   It's significant in the comic books and has appeared here and there.  It has a love/hate relationship with Rocket.  I imagine they do something with that in Endgame/GG3

:thanks:

For those of us that have never read any of the Marvel comic books this helps... As did this movie.. no idea if the back story on Fury, the tesseract, etc. follows the comics. But this movie filled in many holes for myself and my wife and we really enjoyed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, snogger said:

:thanks:

For those of us that have never read any of the Marvel comic books this helps... As did this movie.. no idea if the back story on Fury, the tesseract, etc. follows the comics. But this movie filled in many holes for myself and my wife and we really enjoyed it.

In the comics, the cat was named Chewie (after Chewbacca) and was changed to Goose as a tip of the cap to Top Gun in the movie.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Captain Marvel first half was pretty boring but second half was pretty bad ###. Also, although I find her extremely attractive, not a big fan of Bree Larsen's acting in this. She had a smug look on her face the whole movie. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 I liked her much better in the movies than in the previews.  In the previews she just seemed pretty monotone/boring.  In the actual movie...she conveyed a real sense of a person who can kick ### and knows it....after all, she's two times over a soldier.  It showed in the way she interacted with people.  Loved it when she growled/screamed at the Skrull who screamed at her.  

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Captain Marvel first half was pretty boring but second half was pretty bad ###. Also, although I find her extremely attractive, not a big fan of Bree Larsen's acting in this. She had a smug look on her face the whole movie. 

She had the look of someone who was been trained to not show emotion imo.

Edited by Mile High
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2019 at 4:03 PM, -fish- said:

They haven't expressly stated in in the MCU, but it's in the comics.   If you look at Marvel.com, they say this for the "on screen profile":

They say this for the "comics" profile:

Not really any difference between "ultimate human levels" and "peak human strength and stamina."   Pretty sure you can assume in her time in the Red Room they bio-engineered her.   Why wouldn't they have?

ETA:  supposedly the BW movie is set around 2000, so I imagine that they'll resolve this question in her backstory.

The Russians were always juicing

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Destin-Daniel-Cretton-Direct-Marvel-Shang-Chi-Movie-45919429?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=post&utm_campaign=frontdoor

Asian-American director Destin Daniel Cretton has been hired to direct Marvel's Shang-Chi, a film about a 1970s Marvel Comics character who's a master of Chinese martial arts, according to a Deadline exclusive — and it's about time!

In the original Marvel comics, Shang-Chi — who first appeared in Special Marvel Edition No. 15 — was a half-Chinese, half-white martial arts assassin trained by his father, the infamous villain Fu Manchu. Shang-Chi later rebelled against his father's evil ways and became a superhero, which already sounds like a pretty cool basis for a script if you ask me. Chinese-American screenwriter Dave Callaham is set to write the film's screenplay, and Marvel is expected to assemble a largely Asian-American and Asian cast to star in the production.

Cretton is best known for his 2013 indie film Short Term 12, which stars Brie Larson (aka our beloved Captain Marvel) as a staff member at a group home for troubled teens. Cretton and Larson also collaborated in the 2017 film The Glass Castle and are currently working alongside one another on biographical drama Just Mercy, starring Black Panther alumn Michael B. Jordan. With so many superhero connections in real life, we can only hope that Cretton brings us another incredible Marvel movie worthy of a Black Panther-level opening box office.

 

 

I would be willing to bet that this will beat Black Panther at the box office.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LAUNCH said:

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Destin-Daniel-Cretton-Direct-Marvel-Shang-Chi-Movie-45919429?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=post&utm_campaign=frontdoor

Asian-American director Destin Daniel Cretton has been hired to direct Marvel's Shang-Chi, a film about a 1970s Marvel Comics character who's a master of Chinese martial arts, according to a Deadline exclusive — and it's about time!

In the original Marvel comics, Shang-Chi — who first appeared in Special Marvel Edition No. 15 — was a half-Chinese, half-white martial arts assassin trained by his father, the infamous villain Fu Manchu. Shang-Chi later rebelled against his father's evil ways and became a superhero, which already sounds like a pretty cool basis for a script if you ask me. Chinese-American screenwriter Dave Callaham is set to write the film's screenplay, and Marvel is expected to assemble a largely Asian-American and Asian cast to star in the production.

Cretton is best known for his 2013 indie film Short Term 12, which stars Brie Larson (aka our beloved Captain Marvel) as a staff member at a group home for troubled teens. Cretton and Larson also collaborated in the 2017 film The Glass Castle and are currently working alongside one another on biographical drama Just Mercy, starring Black Panther alumn Michael B. Jordan. With so many superhero connections in real life, we can only hope that Cretton brings us another incredible Marvel movie worthy of a Black Panther-level opening box office.

 

 

I would be willing to bet that this will beat Black Panther at the box office.

Bet it bombs

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, prosopis said:

I dont think I understood the Captain Marvel deal. Is she an alien who did not know it or was she a human the aliens modified?

 

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Mar-Vell was a Kree who disguised herself as human called Dr Lawson.

If you are asking about Carol Danvers she is a human who was modified. 

Edited by Mile High
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mile High said:

 

If you are asking about Carol Danvers she is a human who was modified. 

IIRC in the movie she was "modified" by the Tesseract and the Kree inhibited her abilities to control her and convince her she was Kree.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was referring to Brie Larson character. I asked my 13 year old. He says she was human who got powers when she was saved by that alien guy. I guess he did something that enabled her to control her powers. That something was alien blood? My kid seemed a little iffy on why she had alien blood.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, prosopis said:

I was referring to Brie Larson character. I asked my 13 year old. He says she was human who got powers when she was saved by that alien guy. I guess he did something that enabled her to control her powers. That something was alien blood? My kid seemed a little iffy on why she had alien blood.

In the comic books it was a blood transfusion from the Kree that gave Danvers her powers.  In the movie, it was the power from the engine that blew up which gave her powers.  However, the explosion still injured her enough that the Kree took her back to study her, and in doing so, healed her with blood transfusions as well.  The Kree wanted to keep Danvers alive to study and determine how she was able to absorb so much of the power from the engine, and then be able to harness and use it.  The disc on her neck was to inhibit and restrain her use of the powers while they studied her.  The way she absorbed the light engine blast was similar to how Banner absorbed the gamma radiation, at least IMO.  There was nothing in the story to explain that portion of it, only that she did absorb it and is able to now use it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Peak said:

In the comic books it was a blood transfusion from the Kree that gave Danvers her powers.  In the movie, it was the power from the engine that blew up which gave her powers.  However, the explosion still injured her enough that the Kree took her back to study her, and in doing so, healed her with blood transfusions as well.  The Kree wanted to keep Danvers alive to study and determine how she was able to absorb so much of the power from the engine, and then be able to harness and use it.  The disc on her neck was to inhibit and restrain her use of the powers while they studied her.  The way she absorbed the light engine blast was similar to how Banner absorbed the gamma radiation, at least IMO.  There was nothing in the story to explain that portion of it, only that she did absorb it and is able to now use it.

And IIRC from the movie, the Kree lied to her saying that chip gave her the power, right? Then later she realized what you noted. That it was basically a restraining bolt like on R2-D2.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IS Scarlet Witch the only "Super Hero" name never mentioned in the MCU from the general group of characters?  Black Widow and Hawkeye were mentioned a couple of times over the years.   

I think Falcon was the name of the folder in Captain America 2 but I am not sure if this was said aloud at any time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

IS Scarlet Witch the only "Super Hero" name never mentioned in the MCU from the general group of characters?  Black Widow and Hawkeye were mentioned a couple of times over the years.   

I think Falcon was the name of the folder in Captain America 2 but I am not sure if this was said aloud at any time.

Technically, Captain Marvel was never named

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

yes!  In fact it is even more confusing in that movie since Mar-Vell is actually a different character from Carol.

Yeah Nick Fury made the whole Mar-vell/Marvel joke and Carol was a Captain but that was really the only "reference" to the name so far.

What about Quicksilver? I'm sure there's more. I like how they squeeze them in when it makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadyridr said:

Yeah Nick Fury made the whole Mar-vell/Marvel joke and Carol was a Captain but that was really the only "reference" to the name so far.

What about Quicksilver? I'm sure there's more. I like how they squeeze them in when it makes sense.

I did not consider quicksilver one of the main characters since he does not even last a movie but you are correct, he is never referred to as quicksilver.  The fact that neither him nor Scarlet Witch hero names are used may have something to do with the rights battle at that time over those characters.

============================

Lets run through the group

Iron Man - a ton

Captain America - a ton

Thor - does not really have a super hero name

Hulk - many times

Black Widow - a couple

Hawkeye - a couple

Scarlet Witch - never

Vision - it's his only name I guess

War Machine - a few times

The Winter Soldier - a few times

Falcon - mentioned a couple of times

Star Lord - many times

Spiderman - many times

Antman - a couple

Wasp - once in reference to the previous Wasp.

 

edit: adding in corrections

 

Edited by NewlyRetired
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - Falcon and the Winter Soldier Done Showering, Loki Up Next.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...