What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Are we still spoiler free in here?  I'm afraid to read any of these long posts.  Got my tickets for Sunday morning.  Have to make it through the week without reading anything.
Besides for Furley ruining the lightsaber scene, yes, still spoiler free. 

From what I remember reading, there are several reasons why they have no plans to make another Hulk movie. The first one didn’t do very well at the box office. It was the lowest earning MCU film by a large amount. 

I also saw that the scenes with Hulk in them are more costly to make. So adding in that they are fearful the cost would be high but the return a lot lower, they would rather invest in other movies with less risk.

Lastly, I have also seen that they feel Hulk as a character is better utilized in small doses and there was some concern if they could make a two hour movie using the same formula that has worked in comic relief, limited screen time segments. Essentially, they like Hulk more as a supporting character than a headliner. 

Personally, I was not a huge fan of how they used Hulk in the most recent movie, but that’s a different discussion. 
I think so much time has passed between Ed Norton and now that profit is an unlikely concern anymore. Marvel prints money.

But I agree that Smash Hulk doesn't bring enough to the table for a standalone feature. Professor Hulk OTOH provides many more options. Plus they would definitely still be able to get all smashy when they needed to spice things up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He was there with a date. From the overheard conversation before the movie it was a first date and a double date with other friends. 

When the house lights came up my 10 year old son looked back at them and loud whispered to my wife, "I don't think she is going to go out with him again."
:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:   :cry:   :lmao: :lmao:

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He was there with a date. From the overheard conversation before the movie it was a first date and a double date with other friends. 

When the house lights came up my 10 year old son looked back at them and loud whispered to my wife, "I don't think she is going to go out with him again."
Guy next to us seemed to have trouble following along.  Kept asking "Who's That" or "What happened".  Also left for the bathroom and I guess he couldnt see his way back so he had his cell phone light on...  :censored:

So May 10th is the season premier of Agents of Shield.  Do they work in IW and Endgame?  They did overlap a few eps with IW, acknowledged it but didn't seem to be affected by it.  Or do they just continue like nothing happened and break from the movies?

So May 10th is the season premier of Agents of Shield.  Do they work in IW and Endgame?  They did overlap a few eps with IW, acknowledged it but didn't seem to be affected by it.  Or do they just continue like nothing happened and break from the movies?
the previews look like an interesting twist for the season.

Seeing that they all but ignored IW, I think they may just pick up after Endgame and move on with maybe the smallest mention of the reverse snap (if even that).  Last year the producers said they intended to premiere the new (last?) season after Endgame so that they would not have to deal with it.

IN FOR THIS!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

Gabriel Luna is once again suiting up as Marvel’s Ghost Rider, but this time for Hulu.

Variety has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu live-action series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.

They are also doing Helstrom

https://deadline.com/2019/05/marvel-hulu-live-action-ghost-rider-helstrom-series-1202604999/

(more reason to switch from DTVN and maybe Netflix to Disney+ and Hulu)

New Spider-Man trailer is out. Has some major Endgame spoilers for the few who still haven't seen it. It looks like they are introducing the Multiverse.

With Mysterio in play, part of me thinks its a hoax and not real - just a story he made up to make himself look like a hero.  

With Mysterio in play, part of me thinks its a hoax and not real - just a story he made up to make himself look like a hero.  
I do not know him as a character at all... but he is going to be the actual bad guy in the movie, right?

I do not know him as a character at all... but he is going to be the actual bad guy in the movie, right?
Thats my guess.  He's an original foe of Spider-man from the comic books.  An actor with delusions of grandeur.

I don't follow the comics at all but the guys costume and Jake G playing him just screams villain to me.

Took the boys to watch it.  11 year old had to go to the bathroom but wouldn't go alone.  Missed 5 mins there which proved to be critical to the plot.

Then 13 year old's contacts went blurry in one eye. He is sitting two seats to my left with the 11 yr old in between us.  The 11 yr old is tugging on my arm and crying.  I look over and he says "He's blind!" and I whisper back, "No, he can see fine.  Look he's still fighting Thanos." 

The 11yr old says again, "No, it's Peak13, he's blind!  He can't see the movie!"  I look over at the 13yr old and now he's crying, holding his eye with one hand and pointing to it with the other. I get him to lean over and he whispers that his contact moved and his right eye is all black.  He's freaking out.

I feel like a schmuck.  So I grab him and go out to the bathroom. He gets there, rips out both contacts and says let's go back!  I ask if he can see, if he's ok.  He just says "Yes" and storms off.  That's about another 10mins as I slow him down and make sure his eyes are ok.  He sits in his seat and mad because everything is blurry and he can't see.  He just keep huffing and loudly whispers he wants to leave.  The 11 yr old is into it and doesn't want to move.  I'm stuck with people around us staring.  I get the 13 yr old to relax and just sit still. 

All of this happens during the final battle.  I have no idea what happened.    The 11 yr old continued to talk about the movie on the way home, explaining to us why/how it was the greatest movie ever!  The 13yr old and I just stared at him and asked him to not spoil anything as we missed the ending.  The 11yr old just looks at us slyly and starts talking.  I think the 13yr old wants to throw him out of the car. I bribe him with some ice cream and he's quiet.  All weekend he just kept looking at me saying, "Hey Dad!  Guess what happened!"  

I'm going to have to go back this weekend to watch it again.  By myself.  My 11 yr old is grounded in his room alone until I watch the movie.
The joy of parenting.

5-year plans can change, after all. Remember when MCU Inhumans movies were supposed to be coming out right about now?
Thats true, although they did make it into a failed tv show instead.

I personally hope they do not bring in the X-Men any time soon.  But it feels like they have opened the door to one way, if they want.

It can be both.... Mysterio could be lying about it and himself.  And yet it could also be true, they just don't know it yet...
Good point.  The comics line this up to have Mysterio's origin to go either way.  I like the idea of the multi-verse, so having Mysterio from another timeline/universe is good for Marvel's future.  I think the concept of the Elementals come from Mysterio and his lies/manipulations.

Good point.  The comics line this up to have Mysterio's origin to go either way.  I like the idea of the multi-verse, so having Mysterio from another timeline/universe is good for Marvel's future.  I think the concept of the Elementals come from Mysterio and his lies/manipulations.
I think it's more likely that Mysterio and the elementals are just working together on a con job, but it's possible

I think it's more likely that Mysterio and the elementals are just working together on a con job, but it's possible
Wasn't Spider-man Noir in a bunch of the trailer? If so then no con job IMO, definitely multi-verse.

Agents of Shield premiers this Friday, based on some reports they are totally side-stepping the snap and Endgame. They were basically not guaranteed that they would air before or after Endgame and therefore couldn't bring up anything too specific for fear of spoiling the movie. They also had to start filming the season well before Endgame released and even the AOS staff weren't entirely privy to what the plot was in order to guard against leaks.

Kind of weak sauce but understandable. AOS has been kind of the red-headed stepchild after the ratings tanked the first season when they had to tread water with their storylines waiting for Winter Soldier to come out. After that they've gotten more and more disconnected from the movies.

Wasn't Spider-man Noir in a bunch of the trailer? If so then no con job IMO, definitely multi-verse.
I'm assuming this is more of a Shield thing and not Spider-man Noir.

But I guess we'll find out.
My thoughts as well.  I think Fury even called it his "Stealth" suit.

I would think SHIELD didn't want to have Spiderman show up in Europe when Peter was also there (my assumption).

Agents of Shield premiers this Friday, based on some reports they are totally side-stepping the snap and Endgame. They were basically not guaranteed that they would air before or after Endgame and therefore couldn't bring up anything too specific for fear of spoiling the movie. They also had to start filming the season well before Endgame released and even the AOS staff weren't entirely privy to what the plot was in order to guard against leaks.

Kind of weak sauce but understandable. AOS has been kind of the red-headed stepchild after the ratings tanked the first season when they had to tread water with their storylines waiting for Winter Soldier to come out. After that they've gotten more and more disconnected from the movies.
:goodposting:

Shield did a good job of working with the movies until right after Winter Soldier.  Then they went their own way to an extent, esp with the LMDs and the trip to space.  was hoping they'd tie in but I get why they dont.  

Oh and more TV:  Jessica Jones S3 is coming soon on Netflix.

Jessica Jones S3 is coming soon on Netflix
yay?

Not a big fan of the JJ series.  Maybe it's the actress protraying her, or the storylines.  I liked Tenant as the Purple Man, but even he couldn't save JJ s1 in my eyes.  JJ s2 was not that engaging.  I can't imagine JJ s3 is going to be much better.  I think I'll pass on this one.

8 MCU movies confirmed through the end of 2022. All untitled as of now. Any guesses?

Black Panther 2, Dr Strange 2, GotG 3, Captain Marvel 2 all seem like locks

Then there's Black Widow prequel, Eternals, Shang Chi.

Not sure what the last one would be. I have to admit, Im not too excited about any of those. Maybe the first 3 I listed but the rest all seem like movies I wont be catching in theaters.

8 MCU movies confirmed through the end of 2022. All untitled as of now. Any guesses?

Not sure what the last one would be. I have to admit, Im not too excited about any of those. Maybe the first 3 I listed but the rest all seem like movies I wont be catching in theaters.
I think there will be a spider-man 3 in there. 

Captain American Falcon?

I wonder if they will do something to get Dr Strange a working Eye of Agomoto again now that there's no Time Stone in their timeline for it.

Users who are viewing this thread