What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (4 Viewers)

i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?

Last edited by a moderator:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
i dont get why all these serious directors are bashing the mcu movies......i mean i love goodfelllas and godfather.....but i also love a good popcorn superhero flick....seems odd those guys are so butt hurt

thought there was a code to not bash others art?
I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.

I just think they've officially hit old-man "get off my lawn" status.
Yes. Plus it's reporters asking them about it. These are not unsolicited opinions. It's like asking your grandpa his thoughts on minorities. Why go there?

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.

Saw a note that the new Thor will tie heavily into Disney plus shows.  It's great in a marketing concept - but I think that is a drag at the box office.
Looks like both the Loki and WandaVision shows will tie heavily into Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness as well.  

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.

I do think it can cause issues though.  Before they announced D+ would be avail on the Amazon services, my sister was ready to bail on both the shows and the movies if you needed to watch the shows to know whats going on.  Didn't want to spend the $ on Roku or other services.  I can imagine others may feel the same.  

unlike you  brohans i can not afford fancy real comic books but i do buy some alternative market comic books from the guys on the corner and last friday i bought a great one about a magician wizard who can make portals with a green rock and who is named senor weird anyhow he was a famous doctor until he was in a accident and now he drives an el camino and his theme song is low rider and he makes these totally weird portals anyhow it was pretty good for a buck and i hope that he is in the next avengers take that to the bank bromigos 

I loved when Shield worked alongside the movies, was disappointed there wasn't more interactions between the Netflix shows and MCU (they made veiled references since they were technically in the universe, but had no direct crossovers).  Planned to watch them anyway, hope they work in better then Shield did.
Completely agree.  Heard rumblings through ScreenRant that with the recent changes at the top of Marvel, some of the Netflix characters may now become available in the movies - one example provided was Daredevil.

I think it’ll be a thing like watching the shows will give you a few Easter eggs you get to appreciate in the movies. Marvel isn’t going to bury their golden goose with too many tv tie-ins that 50% won’t see. 

I don't see Marvel replicating what they were able to do with the 23 movies they did make. No way a story could be as good and as smooth as the Infinity one. Now, Marvel/Disney is in it for the money by pumping up Disney+ and all of these crossovers. Too much is going to be too much.

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 

I think that would be a big mistake based off how casual some fans are. I know 3 people off the top of my head who enjoy going to see the MCU movies in theatres as they are a fun experience — I can’t picture any of them sitting through 8 hours of programming each season on tv. 

I don’t think I want to necessarily sit through 8 hours of an MCU series either tbh. These characters do not need that much exploration. 
 I completely agree.  I'm much closer to a casual MCU fan than a hardcore one so this would probably push me away rather than draw me in.

badmojo1006 said:
Watching Thor: Dark World for the first time. Question.

Where is The Doctor?
Malekith, leader of the Dark Elves. Unless you know it’s him, it’s hard to recognize him.

There is speculation that if Black Widow is well received that the sister will join the Avengers in future movies.
Smart move. Johannson is getting too old to stay in the movies, so get a related younger actor to take her place. Does Black Widow have a sister in the comics?

Smart move. Johannson is getting too old to stay in the movies, so get a related younger actor to take her place. Does Black Widow have a sister in the comics?
Yelena Belova, who is another black widow in the comics, is the same general character in this upcoming movie.  In the comics Yelena was not related to Natasha and I don't think it was ever mentioned in the comics that Natasha had a sister but they have retconned her character a few times over the decades so I guess it may have happened some where.

It's Hopper from Stranger Things. Oh, what super hero is he? I have no idea
Red Guardian I think, basically a soviet version of Captain America (he even has a shield in the comics.) Although it appears they have made him pretty much the comic relief for the movie.

Didn't like the initial look for Taskmaster, looks absolutely nothing like his comic counterpart.

Red Guardian I think, basically a soviet version of Captain America (he even has a shield in the comics.) Although it appears they have made him pretty much the comic relief for the movie.

Didn't like the initial look for Taskmaster, looks absolutely nothing like his comic counterpart.
Is that who the archer was supposed to be?

I think it looks good, but I wish they would have released this prior to Endgame.  I guess that would have led to questions like "Where is Yelena or Red Guardian" (presuming they survive this movie) in Endgame though, which already had a crowded plate of characters.

I'm in regardless.

Wasn't really interested in a Black Widow movie but that trailer kind of reminds me of Winter Soldier movie which was amazing. 

NewlyRetired said:
Yelena Belova, who is another black widow in the comics, is the same general character in this upcoming movie.  In the comics Yelena was not related to Natasha and I don't think it was ever mentioned in the comics that Natasha had a sister but they have retconned her character a few times over the decades so I guess it may have happened some where.
Given comic backstory, I assumed all that go through the Red Room training consider themselves "sisters".  I don't think Red Guardian was her "father" either, but maybe more of a father figure at times with past stories/adventures.  

I read online that if Yelena is a fan favorite, then we would see her and a few other new characters appearing in upcoming movies to create a Thunderbolts team.  I think the next Avengers team will be more like the Young Avengers.  I like the Thunderbolts team, which could be built to closely resemble an Avengers team, especially if it means Norman Osborne comes in as the major villain - sort of like the Dark Siege/Dark Reign events.

Marvel has updated their release schedule.  Wandavision has been moved from 2021 to 2020.

2020: Black Widow, The Falcon and Winter Soldier, The Eternals, WandaVision

2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, Loki, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, Spider-Man 3, What If…?, She Hulk, Hawkeye, Thor: Love and Thunder

Users who are viewing this thread