What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (10 Viewers)

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/12/7206975/ultron-trailer

How much is this movie going to make? 2 billion?
May have some chance to catch Titanic at 2.1 but I don't think it has 2.7 in it to beat Avatar. Those both made the vast majority of their money overseas. In Avatars case it made nearly 75% of it's money overseas. Titanic almost 70. Avengers does well overseas but relies on a solid domestic market. Considering the first Avenger movie made 1.5 billion, Iron Man 3 made 1.2, and Winter Soldier a little over 700 million I think it definitely beats the First Avengers movie but getting to 2 billion is feat.

Yet, they still have't done the 2 things that I've been wanting the to do. Release the original origina trilogy on DVD/BluRay (no post theater changes by Lucas) and release the Life Day special.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if them not doing that was part of the deal.

BigSteelThrill said:
Star Benedict Cumberbatch has finalized his deal to play Doctor Strange, giving Marvel’s Kevin Feige the distinction of having another world class actor to play in his superhero sandbox.
That is sooooo awesome.
Yeah this makes me feel pretty good that the character will be taken seriously. With Cumberbatch in it there will be a lot of pressure to turn out a top shelf film.

Cumberbatch should be awesome in this role.

Not Marvel related, but Dr. Strange reminded me- it would be awesome to see Fate done right for DC. I have little hope that they can pull off the Justice League though, so I doubt it.

‘Ant-Man’ Officially Wraps Filming
The ants have left the building.”

Director Peyton Reed announced on Friday that filming has wrapped on Marvel’s “Ant-Man.”

And that’s it! Principal photography on ANT-MAN is now complete,” he tweeted before teasing upcoming news. “Stay tuned…”

Director Peyton Reed announced on Friday that filming has wrapped on Marvel’s “Ant-Man.”

And that’s it! Principal photography on ANT-MAN is now complete,” he tweeted before teasing upcoming news. “Stay tuned…”
Without the Ultron story, I'm having a hard time seeing how they're going to -

1. Make Pym relevant

2. Make Pym interesting

1. Make Pym relevant

2. Make Pym interesting
I feel like hes gonna be instrumental in either helping cause the divide or in providing a solution - or both.

The cinematic universe lacking Reed Richards leaves us with really only Tony and Pym in terms of men of science.

1. Make Pym relevant

2. Make Pym interesting
I feel like hes gonna be instrumental in either helping cause the divide or in providing a solution - or both.

The cinematic universe lacking Reed Richards leaves us with really only Tony and Pym in terms of men of science.
Banner :confused:

1. Make Pym relevant

2. Make Pym interesting

Banner :confused:
Its pretty much been confirmed that Planet Hulk is happening which more than likely will take place between Avengers 2 and 3. Banner is gonna be gone for a while.

So all those movies that take place between those two and perhaps beyond will need to have some sort of prototypical scientist character, RDJ is already breaking budgets.

Wait, I thought it was the opposite, I thought it had pretty much been confirmed that they're never planning on doing Planet Hulk?? Did something change recently?

I can definitely see them writing Pym into Reed's role in Civil War though. He's the perfect substitute.

Wait, I thought it was the opposite, I thought it had pretty much been confirmed that they're never planning on doing Planet Hulk?? Did something change recently?
I don't think they are doing Planet Hulk per se but Hulk is sent off planet at then end of the next Avengers based on the rumors I have read.

Ok, question as I haven't read any of the comics for so long that you can basically consider me just a fan of the movies with some limited (ie, dangerous) knowledge of the backstories.

I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Twice actually and it was better the second time. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm trying to understand where the world is right now:

We have Iron Man 1-3 done and Tony has destroyed all his suits.

Captain America 2 was the end of SHIELD. I get that the TV show is continuing it's story line and it might connect back but I don't watch the show.

Thor 2 ended with Thor on earth abdicating the throne to Loki, but he didn't know that, so Asgaard is in a state of flux and he doesn't know that.

They are using the Ed Norton Hulk, correct? Which ended with him in hiding again as it always does...

Avengers 1 was all of them getting together (between IM 2 and 3, between CA 1 and 2, between Thor 1 and 2 and after HULK) and fighting Loki and ended with Thanos smiling.

Guardians of the Galaxy takes place in 2014ish which I assume is around the time of Thor 2, IM 3 and CA 2? I think this is where I am starting to miss the timeline.

My question is at the end of Thor 2 they gave the power cube to The Collector. That was supposed to be an Infinity Stone, correct? Did GotG take place after that such that he already had one stone and they were going to give him the second one (the purple one)? If so, when his place is destroyed by Ronin what happened to that first stone - or are we not supposed to know that yet? And if he had one stone why didn't Thanos know that already?

Another minor question - and I am fine suspending disbelief - the amount of people and worlds in GotG kinda goes against the 9 realms that Thor says exists, doesn't it? When he named the 9 in Thor 1 did he name the ones that were used in GotG? Basically, does Asgaard look over the worlds that were in GotG as well? Or is that never really explained nor needed to?

And now we have Avengers 2 coming where one of Tony's creations becomes a problem but it doesn't seem like it connects to Thanos at all or the GotG storyline, does it? I guess I'm trying to understand where GotG fits into this story now.

Ok, question as I haven't read any of the comics for so long that you can basically consider me just a fan of the movies with some limited (ie, dangerous) knowledge of the backstories.

I just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Twice actually and it was better the second time. I enjoyed it a lot. I'm trying to understand where the world is right now:

Captain America 2 was the end of SHIELD. I get that the TV show is continuing it's story line and it might connect back but I don't watch the show.

Thor 2 ended with Thor on earth abdicating the throne to Loki, but he didn't know that, so Asgaard is in a state of flux and he doesn't know that.

They are using the Ed Norton Hulk, correct? Which ended with him in hiding again as it always does...

Avengers 1 was all of them getting together (between IM 2 and 3, between CA 1 and 2, between Thor 1 and 2 and after HULK) and fighting Loki and ended with Thanos smiling.

Guardians of the Galaxy takes place in 2014ish which I assume is around the time of Thor 2, IM 3 and CA 2? I think this is where I am starting to miss the timeline.

My question is at the end of Thor 2 they gave the power cube to The Collector. That was supposed to be an Infinity Stone, correct? Did GotG take place after that such that he already had one stone and they were going to give him the second one (the purple one)? If so, when his place is destroyed by Ronin what happened to that first stone - or are we not supposed to know that yet? And if he had one stone why didn't Thanos know that already?

Another minor question - and I am fine suspending disbelief - the amount of people and worlds in GotG kinda goes against the 9 realms that Thor says exists, doesn't it? When he named the 9 in Thor 1 did he name the ones that were used in GotG? Basically, does Asgaard look over the worlds that were in GotG as well? Or is that never really explained nor needed to?

And now we have Avengers 2 coming where one of Tony's creations becomes a problem but it doesn't seem like it connects to Thanos at all or the GotG storyline, does it? I guess I'm trying to understand where GotG fits into this story now.
GotG should take place in whatever realm Earth is in (Midgard?).....

Am I understanding the realms wrong? I thought they were planets - are they galaxies or solar systems? Meaning that Asgaard and its 9 realms are just one part of the universe?

Would love to see some kind of nod to the Marvel: Zombie universe....although without Reed Richards it would be a little lame.

Been reading some of the Ulitmate F4 line......would be nice if Disney had this franchise....they really could have done a number with it. And that's coming from someone who always thought the F4 was lame.

Am I understanding the realms wrong? I thought they were planets - are they galaxies or solar systems? Meaning that Asgaard and its 9 realms are just one part of the universe?
I'd probably describe them more as dimensions.....although IIRC, several of the realms that Thor mentioned were part of the same dimension and could be more defined as planets within that dimension.

Earth and the Milky Way Galaxy (and I'm assuming the infinite space that both exist in) would be one realm.

Yes - the Aether is an Infinity Stone and the end of Thor 2 takes place before GotG. I don't think it's clear that Thanos is aware that the Collector has it, but I'm sure that will be elaborated on as the Infinity War story unfolds

Asgard and the other 9 realms are connected via Yggdrasil, and as far as we know those are the only places the Asgardians can travel with the Rainbow bridge. In Avengers, Thor talks about the Chitari as being an army from an unknown realm so Asgard doesn't seem to be fully wired into the broader Galaxy. On the other hand, they were at Knowhere to deliver the Aether so they aren't completely disconnected either.

Ultron probably won't tie into the Thanos storyline directly. If Thanos shows up it will probably be more as a teaser for other stuff going on with the Infinity Stones.

Ok, that clears up a lot for me I think. The fact that I find myself wanted to learn the timeline enough to enjoy the stuff even more is a testament to how good these movies have been.

I will say this though, in 2025 or whatever year it is that they finish making these movies on what is at least the overall main story line, they need to do what TNT did with the Godfather and release the entire story in chronological order and chop the movies up in that order as part of it. Yeah, it would be about 50 hours long. Who cares?

I want to get my kids a couple of graphic novels for Christmas that gives them the main stories for Age of Ultron, Infinity Gauntlet, and Civil War. I was planning to get them the 3 main graphic novels with those titles, but there are others out there (like "Road to Civil War" or "Thanos: the Infinity Revelation").

What should I get for them to give them enough information to have the main story while leaving plenty of avenues to explore if they are interested in reading more tie-ins?

Bear in mind they have no exposure to comics other than the MCU movies which have been released. Both are into Agents of Shield though as well, and both have expressed a desire to read the source material based on speculation of what's coming.

I want to get my kids a couple of graphic novels for Christmas that gives them the main stories for Age of Ultron, Infinity Gauntlet, and Civil War. I was planning to get them the 3 main graphic novels with those titles, but there are others out there (like "Road to Civil War" or "Thanos: the Infinity Revelation").

What should I get for them to give them enough information to have the main story while leaving plenty of avenues to explore if they are interested in reading more tie-ins?

Bear in mind they have no exposure to comics other than the MCU movies which have been released. Both are into Agents of Shield though as well, and both have expressed a desire to read the source material based on speculation of what's coming.
In regards to the Infinity Gauntlet...I'd go with

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Surfer-Rebirth-Jim-Starlin/dp/0785166432/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418325395&sr=8-1&keywords=Rebirth+Of+Thanos

It's the build up to it; where Thanos actually gets the gems.

Marvel is this close to producing Spider-Man filmsBy John 'Spartan' Nguyen
So Marvel and Sony were talking about how to include the web crawler into the Marvel cinematic universe; for example, having him be in Captain America: Civil War. Before any of that can start, the two companies were trying to hash out a deal where Marvel would get 60% of the film rights, with Sony getting 40%. This deal would start if Sony Pictures keeps on messing up the franchise, according to Latino Review.

Things are stalling right now, since Sony is busy trying to handle the recent hack that revealed sensitive information and leaked films.

With the 60/40 split, Sony would still be distributing the Spider-Man films, but Marvel would have creative control. This also means the contracts from the actors won’t be honored. There were reports about how Sony wanted to do a solo Aunt May film and another spin-off starring a female Spider-Man movie. Marvel knew about it and weren’t happy with the way Sony Pictures is running things.

If the deal did happen, Andrew Garfield wouldn’t be returning as Spider-Man, since Marvel Studios doesn’t want the casting to be related to the Sony films. This would allow Marvel to focus on a teenage superhero trying to have two different lives, since the whole romance and origin have already been done to death.

Nope, Marvel wants nothing to do with Norton going forward. It will be Mark Ruffalo

Marvel is this close to producing Spider-Man films

By John 'Spartan' Nguyen
So Marvel and Sony were talking about how to include the web crawler into the Marvel cinematic universe; for example, having him be in Captain America: Civil War. Before any of that can start, the two companies were trying to hash out a deal where Marvel would get 60% of the film rights, with Sony getting 40%. This deal would start if Sony Pictures keeps on messing up the franchise, according to Latino Review.

Things are stalling right now, since Sony is busy trying to handle the recent hack that revealed sensitive information and leaked films.

With the 60/40 split, Sony would still be distributing the Spider-Man films, but Marvel would have creative control. This also means the contracts from the actors won’t be honored. There were reports about how Sony wanted to do a solo Aunt May film and another spin-off starring a female Spider-Man movie. Marvel knew about it and weren’t happy with the way Sony Pictures is running things.

If the deal did happen, Andrew Garfield wouldn’t be returning as Spider-Man, since Marvel Studios doesn’t want the casting to be related to the Sony films. This would allow Marvel to focus on a teenage superhero trying to have two different lives, since the whole romance and origin have already been done to death.
That would be awesome, now just to get X-Men back in house!

Get the Marvel Unlimited app instead on your iPad or Android tablet. Can also read on smartphone or PC/laptop but not as nice an experience. $69 a year for unlimited access to over 15,000 Marvel Comics. Great deal.

Marvel is this close to producing Spider-Man films

By John 'Spartan' Nguyen

With the 60/40 split, Sony would still be distributing the Spider-Man films, but Marvel would have creative control. This also means the contracts from the actors wont be honored. There were reports about how Sony wanted to do a solo Aunt May film and another spin-off starring a female Spider-Man movie. Marvel knew about it and werent happy with the way Sony Pictures is running things.

If the deal did happen, Andrew Garfield wouldnt be returning as Spider-Man, since Marvel Studios doesnt want the casting to be related to the Sony films. This would allow Marvel to focus on a teenage superhero trying to have two different lives, since the whole romance and origin have already been done to death.
Make it happen. Bring XMen and the FF back too!

An aunt Mae film?!?!
That might be the stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.

How the hell would that even work?
In a new report, Latino Review claims that Sony is as stated thinking of making a movie based on Spider-Man character Aunt May. The movie would be set in the past (Mad Men is name-dropped for comparison) and detail how the Amazing Spider-Man version of Aunt May (played by Sally Field) was actually a spy in her youth. This would be, of course, a totally new backstory for the Aunt May character because nothing like this has ever been done in Spider-Man comics, which have gone to some pretty whacky places in their own right.
:lmao: I hope sony does this.

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-aunt-may-spy-movie/

Last edited by a moderator:
An aunt Mae film?!?!
That might be the stupidest idea I've heard in a long time.

How the hell would that even work?
In a new report, Latino Review claims that Sony is as stated thinking of making a movie based on Spider-Man character Aunt May. The movie would be set in the past (Mad Men is name-dropped for comparison) and detail how the Amazing Spider-Man version of Aunt May (played by Sally Field) was actually a spy in her youth. This would be, of course, a totally new backstory for the Aunt May character because nothing like this has ever been done in Spider-Man comics, which have gone to some pretty whacky places in their own right.
:lmao: I hope sony does this.

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-aunt-may-spy-movie/
Sounds more like a TV thing.

i.e. Gotham with no Batman. :doh:

Does sony even have the rights to do that? Like, could they go back and change spider-man into a fat, 40s-something guy? I would think there would be parameters to what they could do to the characters.

Get the Marvel Unlimited app instead on your iPad or Android tablet. Can also read on smartphone or PC/laptop but not as nice an experience. $69 a year for unlimited access to over 15,000 Marvel Comics. Great deal.
Thanks for the tip. Is that the kind of thing that I could install on 3 or 4 diffrent devices but only pay one subscription fee for the year?

Thanks for the tip. Is that the kind of thing that I could install on 3 or 4 diffrent devices but only pay one subscription fee for the year?
http://marvel.com/comics/unlimitedI have it on multiple devices. Ive been logged in on two at the same time to compare the resolution. I didnt have a problem. I dont know their official take on it.

Users who are viewing this thread