Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Shang-Chi was great, "What if" dragging on, Hawkeye on deck


Recommended Posts

the best scene in any avengers movie is when thor shows up in infinity war at wakanda at the end when he is now lightning pissed off thor and makes sweet lighting axe music all over the place take that to the bank bromigos 

Edited by SWC
i guess that captain marvel showing up in endgame and the spacehip just shooting at only her right before she flies through the spaceship and makes it a steaming pile of craploaf if also pretty sweet take that to other bank brochachos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SWC said:

the best scene in any avengers movie is when thor shows up in infinity war at wakanda at the end when is now lightning pissed off thor and makes sweet lighting axe music all over the place take that to the bank bromigos 

"Sweet lightning axe music" - Awesome

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Tony Jabroni said:

Pretty juiced for Obi-Wan. Supposedly set 20 years after Revenge of the Sith. Which means Vader.

Be sort of weird in the MCU.   

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, Rustoleum said:

I really need to cave and get some reading glasses. I mistead the title as “Falcon and Winter Soldier Now Showering” and thought well now, this has certainly taken a unexpected turn.

Interesting that there was very little actual “death” in Wandavision, but the body count in the opening scene piled up quickly.  It was like GI Joe cartoons, except the Cobra guys don’t jump out of the helicopter right before the missile hits.

Ever since you typed this, I want to change the title to that :) 

I see it every time I read the title now :lmao:

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been ok, but it has alot to live up to after Wanda vision.   

It's been boring at times and I find myself looking at my phone and doing stuff around the house when I have had it on.   

Never was doing that during Wanda vision.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, need2know said:

It's been ok, but it has alot to live up to after Wanda vision.   

It's been boring at times and I find myself looking at my phone and doing stuff around the house when I have had it on.   

Never was doing that during Wanda vision.

 

WandaVision had a better mystery aspect and was like nothing the MCU has put out before, plus it got my whole family to watch which is a rarity, so I love it.

Enjoyed this episode of FaWS a lot and like the series so far though it's more conventional; basically feels like a continuation of the Captain America films. The second episode had some real forced Falcon/Bucky dialogue, but it seems to have calmed down now and I'm digging it for what it is. Did anyone else get a John Wick vibe during parts of this episode?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was cool to see Sharon, hopefully she's in more episodes. 

Not to ruin the end for anyone but I'm liking where that can go. Not totally unexpected but you gotta love her too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a good series but it is not appointment television for me like Wanda was.  That is not a criticism; I just hold WV in high regard.

This week's episode I thought was interesting.  I liked the classic Nemo mask. I thought we saw a crack in the new Cap where it looked like he might snap on the guy we were interrogating.  Thought they went over the top on showing Sharon as a complete dominator. Part of me think they are trying to lead us down the path that she either is or is working for the Power Broker.  I don't think they would do that to that character, perhaps she's in deep cover with the CIA or SHIELD/SWORD. I'm not sure if she is the one who killed the informant.  She said in the car we have a couple of problems, seemed to refer to Falcon and Bucky. When the lab was exploding, I was wondering if they were going to say the fumes of the serum ended up enhancing Sam and Sharon, even if to a small degree.

Zemo is a good actor.  I loved the callback at the end where Sam asked if Bucky was going to move his seat up, and he was like "No".  Roles reversed from Civil War.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Corporation said:

This is a good series but it is not appointment television for me like Wanda was.  That is not a criticism; I just hold WV in high regard.

This week's episode I thought was interesting.  I liked the classic Nemo mask. I thought we saw a crack in the new Cap where it looked like he might snap on the guy we were interrogating.  Thought they went over the top on showing Sharon as a complete dominator. Part of me think they are trying to lead us down the path that she either is or is working for the Power Broker.  I don't think they would do that to that character, perhaps she's in deep cover with the CIA or SHIELD/SWORD. I'm not sure if she is the one who killed the informant.  She said in the car we have a couple of problems, seemed to refer to Falcon and Bucky. When the lab was exploding, I was wondering if they were going to say the fumes of the serum ended up enhancing Sam and Sharon, even if to a small degree.

Zemo is a good actor.  I loved the callback at the end where Sam asked if Bucky was going to move his seat up, and he was like "No".  Roles reversed from Civil War.

It almost seems like this is too evident that the swerve will be that she isn't the Power Broker or associated. Then I start thinking they are trying so hard to make it seem like she is, that most people will be like me and assume it's a set up that she isn't, that they will actually have her be the Power Broker -  the out in the open swerve.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

New Loki trailer dropped - this looks like it could be the best of all three streaming shows

https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1379056236910366728?s=10

That looks fantastic. 
 

Falcon show is a little boring but I expect the final 2 episodes will be great. Seems to be building up to something. Tough break for this show following Wanda, that wasn’t the original plan. People would have probably loved this show otherwise. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rascal said:

Wish they would cut the cursing... it's always forced and means my 10 year old can't watch.

Your kid probably hears worse at school and around his friends.  It's not that bad

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Capella said:

That looks fantastic. 
 

Falcon show is a little boring but I expect the final 2 episodes will be great. Seems to be building up to something. Tough break for this show following Wanda, that wasn’t the original plan. People would have probably loved this show otherwise. 

2?  I thought this was a 6 episode series?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2021 at 4:19 PM, Ted Lange as your Bartender said:

New Loki trailer dropped - this looks like it could be the best of all three streaming shows

https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1379056236910366728?s=10

this looks so cool i cannot wait the old swcer likes him some tom huddleston he is a national treasure for the old us of a take that to the bank brohans 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah they've done a good job of showing how the world is not black and white, and how history can determine who are terrorists and who are revolutionaries.  Didn't expect one character to die, but the slow descent into madness for the new Cap is complete. Really good episode with a lot of good fight scenes and some funny moments (don't listen to him, he's just gonna do that weird head tilt thing :lmao: ).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:
19 hours ago, Psychopav said:

Any chance Zemo is the Power Broker?

Was my first thought.  No clue though.

I doubt they would make Zemo the Power Broker, doesn't fit with the comics arc (not that they are beholden to that). I think Sharon Carter is undercover for CIA/SHIELD/SWORD somebody and will be the one to confront the Power Broker.  Not sure if they will wrap up the Power Broker storyline here or just introduce him (or her) for future projects.  My guess is that Sharon shuts him down in this series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Corporation said:

I doubt they would make Zemo the Power Broker, doesn't fit with the comics arc (not that they are beholden to that). I think Sharon Carter is undercover for CIA/SHIELD/SWORD somebody and will be the one to confront the Power Broker.  Not sure if they will wrap up the Power Broker storyline here or just introduce him (or her) for future projects.  My guess is that Sharon shuts him down in this series.

Yeah after this episode I think it very unlikely. 

eta: Sepinwall agrees.

Edited by Psychopav
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

last scene made me think of the boys and i now officially hate the new captain and i hope he ends up getting locked up take that to the bank brohans

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jobarules said:

When Karli said she was going to kill Captain America, did she mean metaphorically and that this was part of her plan?

i don’t know but right now im rooting for her take that to the bank bromigos 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Best part of the series so far. 
 

I am just not really feeling the plot or the pacing of this show. 

There are bits and pieces that are great, but overall I feel like they didn’t know what they wanted this show to be. It’s Falcon and Winter Soldier but it feels more like Off Brand Captain America. They spent a lot of time early highlighting and doing backstory for Falcon and Winter Soldier and they’ve done nothing to move those two characters forward. With Wandavision there was a clear vision and arc the entire way through. With this show it feels like they had so many items they wanted to put in the story without enough time to do them justice and nobody had the guts to say some of it needed to be cut.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, jobarules said:

When Karli said she was going to kill Captain America, did she mean metaphorically and that this was part of her plan?

I think she meant actually kill him. She was in the crowd when the new Captain killed her partner and she watched in horror. 

Small gripe, but that always bothers me in shows in movies. When Captain kills that guy he begs for his life and acts like he is all innocent. He even says Karli killed him. Same with Karli after she killed Captain's partner. Did she not think someone in her group wasn't going to die?

Edited by msudaisy26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:
54 minutes ago, jobarules said:

When Karli said she was going to kill Captain America, did she mean metaphorically and that this was part of her plan?

I think she meant actually kill him. She was in the crowd when the new Captain killed her partner and she watched in horror. 

Small gripe, but that always bothers me in shows in movies. When Captain kills thaylt guy he begs for his life and acts like he is all innocent. He even says she killed him. Same with Karli after she killed Captain's partner. Did she not think someone in her group wasn't going to die?

I agree she meant to kill KMart Cap.

That was a very weird scene to me. They are all fighting, ostensibly trying to kill one another, but when Battlestar dies, they all just kind of stop and are like "Oh man, is he hurt or dead?" Just felt off.

The image of the blood stained shield was excellent though.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

There are bits and pieces that are great, but overall I feel like they didn’t know what they wanted this show to be. It’s Falcon and Winter Soldier but it feels more like Off Brand Captain America. They spent a lot of time early highlighting and doing backstory for Falcon and Winter Soldier and they’ve done nothing to move those two characters forward. With Wandavision there was a clear vision and arc the entire way through. With this show it feels like they had so many items they wanted to put in the story without enough time to do them justice and nobody had the guts to say some of it needed to be cut.

Probably could have been a 3.5 hour series but I am sure Disney plus wanted more. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SWC said:

last scene made me think of the boys and i now officially hate the new captain and i hope he ends up getting locked up take that to the bank brohans

My wife said the same thing about the boys too. She extremely hates the new captain so he seems to be an effective villain at least. 
 

“when are they going to kill this guy I cannot ####ing stand him” :lmao: 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How difficult is it going to be to get rid of the new Captain now that he has the super solider serum and wants revenge? I think it would be very difficult to kill him off in 2 episodes. Is he a the villain in season 2 or future anti-hero like Loki in the movies?

Edited by msudaisy26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the one hand, I'm glad he took the serum. Hard to suspend disbelief that any "normal" would benefit in any way from wielding the shield. Captain America, good or bad, should be a super soldier or it's just not credible. 

Also for this reason I strongly feel that Bucky should become the new Cap when all is said and done, with Sam as Falcon his partner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - Shang-Chi was great, "What if" dragging on, Hawkeye on deck

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...