What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (3 Viewers)

Saw a random thing on the internet that Chloe Bennet was cast as one of the leads in the CW’s live-action reboot of the Powerpuff Girls (yes, you read that right.) Clark Gregg is doing a movie for Amazon. So it seems that Coulson, Daisy or others from Agents of Shield showing up in future Marvel tie-ins is looking more and more unlikely any time soon.

i have not read the comics and when you all talk about them i feel totally lost is there somewhere to just read up on backstory stuff without spending years in comic books i dont have that time left if i am being honest thanks brohans take that to the bank 

Saw a random thing on the internet that Chloe Bennet was cast as one of the leads in the CW’s live-action reboot of the Powerpuff Girls (yes, you read that right.) Clark Gregg is doing a movie for Amazon. So it seems that Coulson, Daisy or others from Agents of Shield showing up in future Marvel tie-ins is looking more and more unlikely any time soon.
I guess it depends on the shooting schedule and where they get tied in.  At least I hope they can still be involved.

Captain Marvel was on tv last night.  Made me want more Son of Coul....

I guess it depends on the shooting schedule and where they get tied in.  At least I hope they can still be involved.

Captain Marvel was on tv last night.  Made me want more Son of Coul....
I was pretty disappointed in that aspect when it came out, they made a big deal about Coulson being in it and it felt like he had like maybe 2 or 3 lines of dialogue at best.

I was pretty disappointed in that aspect when it came out, they made a big deal about Coulson being in it and it felt like he had like maybe 2 or 3 lines of dialogue at best.
Yeah, I think he was in only 3 or 4 scenes.  Not sure he fit in any more then that though.  

With how AoS ended and Falcon's comments about the "Big 3", further Coulson appearances could fit in nicely.  And they do not need to be much more than what we got in the first few movies up to Avengers.

Saw a Instagram picture she posted for her  role in powerpuff girls.She looks good as a redhead. 
The article I saw had some set photo’s of them in their “outfits” from the cartoon. 😍  :oldunsure:

Thought it was odd that Dove Cameron was also cast as one of the other girls. She and Bennet do voice-over work on some of the Marvel cartoons together and she guest starred in season 5 of AoS. Wondering what the Disney/Marvel connection is, if any.

The article I saw had some set photo’s of them in their “outfits” from the cartoon. 😍  :oldunsure:

Thought it was odd that Dove Cameron was also cast as one of the other girls. She and Bennet do voice-over work on some of the Marvel cartoons together and she guest starred in season 5 of AoS. Wondering what the Disney/Marvel connection is, if any.
Sorry, I was going to write something but got distracted by Dove and Chloe and forgot what I wanted to say

Just re-watched Spiderman Homecoming and Far From Home.  Love Homecoming so much.  Spidey was my favorite as a kid. I remember when I could have bought #1 for next to nothing back in the late 70's.  :kicksrock:

Can't wait for the next installment. 

punisher coming a back would make my day that brohan can flat out act and he is a great character take that to the bank 

Watched the last episode

Overall, solid. not WV level but marvel continues to make good stuff. It will be interesting to see what happens with Sharon.  And her true intentions. 

Wanda was a one and done? She's to powerful for a tv series, she needs powerful villains. She has pretty much kicked the ### of  Marvel villains/heros she has faced almost single handedly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not disappointed with Falcon and Winter Soldier. Almost 6 hours of TV. Bring on Loki
It was a good ride.  Really enjoyed how they paced it and put together a solid story from start to finish.  Now 6 weeks til Loki shows up.  Really wished they kept Black Widow release date in May.  It would've been a nice break between the two series. 

It was a good ride.  Really enjoyed how they paced it and put together a solid story from start to finish.  Now 6 weeks til Loki shows up.  Really wished they kept Black Widow release date in May.  It would've been a nice break between the two series. 
A while back I thought Disney+ was releasing a show each week all year. What happened to the next 6 weeks?

A while back I thought Disney+ was releasing a show each week all year. What happened to the next 6 weeks?
Next week should be the "BTS" episode for TFATWS.  Then after that was supposed to be BW movie, but they pushed it to July in hopes that the theatres would re-open.  Disney/Marvel planning on a theatrical and streaming release for BW.  They should've stuck to the original plan and not worried about it.

When BW moved, I believe Loki pushed from end of May to mid-June.

What If....was slated for July, but now it's TBD.

Shang Chi is now September.

Eternals is now November.

Spider Man is December.

I think Dr. Strange is February?

The other Marvel/D+ shows are slated as TBD following Loki.  Hawkeye is still slated for 2021.  Not sure about Ms. Marvel or She-Hulk.  Moon Knight is 2022.

If you haven't watch it lately binge watch AOS is a pretty good time filer Between series..
Great show overall. They really did segment the overall series into multiple long arcs. Definitely a few slower/not as good spots but it always picked up and got good again. Overall, well worth watching the whole thing. I may go back to it and watch again. Some key characters at the start that I completely forgot about, like her. We all know what he’s looking at.

Wanda was a one and done? She's to powerful for a tv series, she needs powerful villains. She has pretty much kicked the ### of  Marvel villains/heros she has faced almost single handedly. 
Yes WandaVision was always just a one and done series.  She will feature prominently in Dr. Strange 2 and continuing on in the MCU movies.

Falcon and the Winter Solider was a solid series which did what it was designed to do.  Give you some more backstory and color on 2 characters who have been overshadowed in the movies, paving a way for them to have bigger roles in the movies going forward.  I don't care for the direction they took Sharon Carter's character but that's fine.  She seems more like a TV series villain than a movie one.  Julia Louis-Dreyfus looked liked she was loving every minute she was on screen, I think she'll be involved quite a bit going forward.

Whereas WandaVision was a one and done, I think this one has the potential to be revisited for a second season a few years down the line, maybe with Sharon as the antagonist.  Enjoyed the show but I think (hope) it will end up in the 3 spot of the first series offered as I'm really excited for Loki.

Solid show. My wife made me stop halfway through the last episode to explain why everyone was fighting and who's side everyone was on. I place the blame half on Marvel, half on my wife.

Falcon & Winter would have been stronger had it come out before WandaVision as intended. Way too much was disjointed, the plot was all over the place episode to episode and they couldn't make up their minds what story they wanted to tell: was it a commentary on race relations, was it a buddy cop show, was it a bigger political show, a great action show? Too much all over the dang place, and honestly, should have been probably another episode or two longer. Not enough development on fake Cap and Battlestar IMO for those big plot points to carry the weight they really wanted. Especially since the "bad guys" were so wishy washy and the big Powerbroker reveal was obvious based on poor writing coming from a mile away IMO. But for that character to turn heal makes little to no sense based on what we've seen on screen prior to F&tWS. Even my wife who is a casual fan and doesn't know a lot of the backstory and characters literally asked me "wtf?" on the Powerbroker reveal. The Zemo reveal made no sense either, why is he at the Raft after the Wakanda folks took him into custody? Why would they send him there instead of keep him themselves (or execute him?)

With the news that Fiege was quoted talking about that the D+ shows won't really matter to watch or understand the future movies I am really wondering what they are aiming for with these? It seemed like they were going for what many of us were hoping for when AoS started along with Daredevil and the other Netflix shows and tying in a much larger MCU with ties to the TV shows but now I am thinking these aren't much more than much bigger budget, multi-episode Marvel One Shots.

Falcon & Winter would have been stronger had it come out before WandaVision as intended. Way too much was disjointed, the plot was all over the place episode to episode and they couldn't make up their minds what story they wanted to tell: was it a commentary on race relations, was it a buddy cop show, was it a bigger political show, a great action show? Too much all over the dang place, and honestly, should have been probably another episode or two longer. Not enough development on fake Cap and Battlestar IMO for those big plot points to carry the weight they really wanted. Especially since the "bad guys" were so wishy washy and the big Powerbroker reveal was obvious coming from a mile away IMO. Plus for that character to turn heal makes little to no sense based on what we've seen on screen. Even my wife who is a casual fan and doesn't know a lot of the backsotry and characters literally asked me "wtf?" on the Powerbroker reveal. The Zemo reveal made no sense either, why is he at the Raft after the Wakanda folks took him into custody?

With the news that Fiege was quoted talking about that the D+ shows won't really matter to watch or understand the future movies I am really wondering what they are aiming for with these? It seemed like they were going for what many of us were hoping for when AoS started along with Daredevil and the other Netflix shows and tying in a much larger MCU with ties to the TV shows but now I am thinking these aren't much more than much bigger budget, multi-episode Marvel One Shots.
They said that they were taking him to the Raft when they took him into custody

They said that they were taking him to the Raft when they took him into custody
Yes, but why? He has no super powers, he's not a former Avenger that violated the Accords. Why would they take him there? Wakanda has no ties to the Raft based on what was shown before. It's a plot point that makes no sense other than:

trying to setup the Thunderbolts

I mean, I enjoyed watching, I think?

Seemed like mostly a waste of characters though. Disjointed. Still not sure what’s up with the FlagSmashers. Sharon Carter twist was pretty obvious and I really didn’t care. Like the entire Powebroker plot was pointless really. 

I dunno. The show suffered from the same issues I was complaining about up-thread the whole way through and there wasn’t much redemption in the final episode. 

I enjoyed it.  I’m a simpleton.  I liked the glimpses into real life  and I don't always need a show, that must be explained by some uber nerd, that watches it frame by frame.  Who was the French dude?  🤣

still have trouble with him not having powers.  That new suit better have vibranium up in it  

Whoever was in charge of the helicopter scenes throughout the show, should  not be in charge of anything anymore. 

I enjoyed it.  I’m a simpleton.  I liked the glimpses into real life  and I don't always need a show, that must be explained by some uber nerd, that watches it frame by frame.  Who was the French dude?  🤣

still have trouble with him not having powers.  That new suit better have vibranium up in it  

Whoever was in charge of the helicopter scenes throughout the show, should  not be in charge of anything anymore. 
Batroc   
he was the guy in the first episode who got away. He was also in Winter Soldier. 

I had to fast forward through most of the final episode.  Best thing I can say is that I’m looking forward to Loki. 

Different stokes and all but seems odd. How would you even know if you liked it or didn’t if you just fast forwarded thru it all. I’m Shuked. 

AcerFC said:
Different stokes and all but seems odd. How would you even know if you liked it or didn’t if you just fast forwarded thru it all. I’m Shuked. 
The extended dialogue scenes in the second half when they were wrapping up all plot lines were too much for me to bear.  Kari M and the flagbusters, Bucky and his book, old black guy, Sam’s sister, power broker - none of those stories resonated with me.   To each his own though and on to the next one. 

Users who are viewing this thread