What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (9 Viewers)

Anyone know what the deal is with The Marvel Experience? Is it a sit down show, a ride (or series of rides) or is it some kind of interactive role-playing deal? Is it something for any fan of the Marvel Universe or is it something best suited to take the kids to see?

I suppose you can "reboot" without doing another origin story. I wouldn't object to a reboot (I think Garfield is fine, but those movies were crappy enough it's fine if they decide to pretend like they never happened). I'd hate another origin story.

I suppose you can "reboot" without doing another origin story. I wouldn't object to a reboot (I think Garfield is fine, but those movies were crappy enough it's fine if they decide to pretend like they never happened). I'd hate another origin story.
I'd also hate it.. everyone knows the stupid origin story, it isn't even that compelling.

I really enjoyed Raimi's first 2 spider-man movies, but the 3 since then have been mostly crap.... although I did think sony had an idea to build to something interesting with the way they were assembling a sinister 6 and following some of the ultimate spider-man models.

Having said that I sure don't want marvel to go nuts and try to do a simulation of this spider-verse event they are currently writing either... what a cluster-f of characters that has been.

They have confirmed that Garfield won't be Spiderman anymore. Also hoping to avoid seeing another origin as well.

Yeah, I'm with the no more origin stories. Everyone who is going to go see any of these Marvel movies for the next 15 years knows who Spider-Man is and why he is. Heck, I'd be ok if they brought back the cast of the first one because I still really enjoyed that one, but that's just me.

Yankee23Fan said:
Yeah, I'm with the no more origin stories. Everyone who is going to go see any of these Marvel movies for the next 15 years knows who Spider-Man is and why he is. Heck, I'd be ok if they brought back the cast of the first one because I still really enjoyed that one, but that's just me.
If this Spider-Man is an older version, I'd be all for Tobey coming back on. I concur with others that the first 2 movies were good. The third was horrible and I didn't bother with the reboot so soon after that trilogy.

Like Agents of Shield, Agent Carter has gotten better as it goes forward. The first few episodes were too over the top with the cardboard cutout stereotypes. It made some of the men in the early episodes of Mad Men look positively progressive bra burning liberal. Love them working in Leviathan and the Black Widow program type stuff.

Going to the Marvel Experience this Sunday, expect it to be kind of cheesy and wasnt going to go but got some good seats for cheap.

Yankee23Fan said:
If this Spider-Man is an older version, I'd be all for Tobey coming back on. I concur with others that the first 2 movies were good. The third was horrible and I didn't bother with the reboot so soon after that trilogy.
Please, no more Kirsten Dunst. Unless thry are going to create a super-villain named Snaggletooth.

Going to the Marvel Experience this Sunday, expect it to be kind of cheesy and wasnt going to go but got some good seats for cheap.
Can you explain what this is exactly? It's going on just down the road from me and as a fan of the MCU I am wondering if this is something I would enjoy or if it is strictly fare for the kids.

Marvel is completely blowing up their comic universe soon. Interesting to see how that reboot will affect the movies coming out.

Marvel is completely blowing up their comic universe soon. Interesting to see how that reboot will affect the movies coming out.
Have you been following the comics? I was reading The New Avengers for awhile, as well as the Infinity arc, so I know where it's going with the incursions, etc.

Word is they're going to blow it all up and stitch together the two different Earths with heroes from both. Hence Miles Morales as THE Spidey, not "a" Spidey.

Can you explain what this is exactly? It's going on just down the road from me and as a fan of the MCU I am wondering if this is something I would enjoy or if it is strictly fare for the kids.
Lots of motorcycle stunts, some decent explosions and fireworks. About 30 or so characters. They save a good one for the finale

Have you been following the comics? I was reading The New Avengers for awhile, as well as the Infinity arc, so I know where it's going with the incursions, etc.

Word is they're going to blow it all up and stitch together the two different Earths with heroes from both. Hence Miles Morales as THE Spidey, not "a" Spidey.
I just got the Marvel Unlimited subscription a while back so im trying to pick entry points as i havent read stuff since very early 90s. Read Superior Spiderman run, Civil War, and reading Age of Ultron.

The film Age of Ultron is going to be so unlike the comic run that I wonder why they even called it that.

I just got the Marvel Unlimited subscription a while back so im trying to pick entry points as i havent read stuff since very early 90s. Read Superior Spiderman run, Civil War, and reading Age of Ultron.
What is this and how much does it run?

I read digital comics via the Comixology ap now and then. Though I've tapered off my reading on account of blowing too much $$ on them. Just read Deadpool nowadays.

I read digital comics via the Comixology ap now and then. Though I've tapered off my reading on account of blowing too much $$ on them. Just read Deadpool nowadays.
If I was only going to pick one to read it would be deadpool. Those writers are producing funny, cool stories

Yankee23Fan said:
Please, no more Kirsten Dunst. Unless thry are going to create a super-villain named Snaggletooth.
She may need an orthodontist, some acting lessons, and has an annoying voice... But, those ####### in that rain scene made me audibly gasp during Spider-Man 1 because I didn't expect ####### at a comic book movie

Yankee23Fan said:
Rumor is they're bringing back the guy who played the Bugle editor (Jamison? I think) from that version. The guy who does insurance commercials now.

Yankee23Fan said:
Rumor is they're bringing back the guy who played the Bugle editor (Jamison? I think) from that version. The guy who does insurance commercials now.
Mind blown.

If I were Marvel and the studio - I would reshoot a quick 45-60 second after credit scene for Age of Ultron where some or all of the team are near the final battle scene somehow and the camera pans to a photographer taking pictures with a press badge in his pocket that you can barely read - all you see is "Daily" and after he snaps a few shots one of the team sees the flash, looks over at him and says, hey, what's your name? Photographer responds, "Peter." Avenger looks at him and says, What are you doing here? And Peter smirks. End scene.

That's the perfect nergasm type of end credit scene for this, isn't it?

If I were Marvel and the studio - I would reshoot a quick 45-60 second after credit scene for Age of Ultron where some or all of the team are near the final battle scene somehow and the camera pans to a photographer taking pictures with a press badge in his pocket that you can barely read - all you see is "Daily" and after he snaps a few shots one of the team sees the flash, looks over at him and says, hey, what's your name? Photographer responds, "Peter." Avenger looks at him and says, What are you doing here? And Peter smirks. End scene.

Better than Howard the Duck at least.

Lots of motorcycle stunts, some decent explosions and fireworks. About 30 or so characters. They save a good one for the finale
Saw your question about Marvel Experience yesterday, Chaka, but couldn't post.

Basically, Marvel Experience is Disney on Ice for boys (but no ice). It's a straightforward stunt show, overlaid with a Marvel heroes-vs-villains plot..

The Marvel Experience came to New Orleans a few weeks ago. My 8-year-old son was very excited to see it, and was still jacked up for a few days afterwards. If you can bring a young 'un or two, you'll get more out of it. From an adult vantage point, you can appreciate the athleticism and the level of the stunt work (which is pretty slick). But there's some call-and-response stuff aimed at kids which will seem a little cheesy.

Kind of like if you went to see the Wiggles ... they are legit rock musicias, so you could appreciate their musicianship and such. But the kid-aimed stuff wouldn't be for you. Now, Marvel Universe is aimed at an older age (say, 5-10) than the Wiggles (infants & toddlers), so it won't be babyish or anything. More like a Power Rangers feel, just with Marvel heroes.

Excited to see Spider-Man teaming up with the Avengers at some point.

Have no enthusiasm at all for yet another Spider-Man reboot and the third Spidey in the last 15 years or so.

Yankee23Fan said:
She may need an orthodontist, some acting lessons, and has an annoying voice... But, those ####### in that rain scene made me audibly gasp during Spider-Man 1 because I didn't expect ####### at a comic book movie
Hey look! another dentist upsetting orthodontist procedures! :rolleyes:

Better than Howard the Duck at least.
I thought it was common knowledge that Howard the Duck wasn't the focus of that scene, just a red herring?

That would be a really great after credit scene. Would definitely hit this nerd where he lives.

Go to marvel.com and you'll see it. $69 for a year of a TON of comics. My son loves it. Can be used on iOS, android, and even just a PC.

Saw your question about Marvel Experience yesterday, Chaka, but couldn't post.

Basically, Marvel Experience is Disney on Ice for boys (but no ice). It's a straightforward stunt show, overlaid with a Marvel heroes-vs-villains plot..

The Marvel Experience came to New Orleans a few weeks ago. My 8-year-old son was very excited to see it, and was still jacked up for a few days afterwards. If you can bring a young 'un or two, you'll get more out of it. From an adult vantage point, you can appreciate the athleticism and the level of the stunt work (which is pretty slick). But there's some call-and-response stuff aimed at kids which will seem a little cheesy.

Kind of like if you went to see the Wiggles ... they are legit rock musicias, so you could appreciate their musicianship and such. But the kid-aimed stuff wouldn't be for you. Now, Marvel Universe is aimed at an older age (say, 5-10) than the Wiggles (infants & toddlers), so it won't be babyish or anything. More like a Power Rangers feel, just with Marvel heroes.
Marvel Universe Live

http://www.marveluniverselive.com/tours-tickets.php

and Marvel Experience

http://themarvelexperiencetour.com/

are two totally different things

I went to Marvel Universe live. my son, like yours loved it and asks when we are going to see it again. However, the marvel experience seems awesome. Wish it was playing in more places

That would be a really great after credit scene. Would definitely hit this nerd where he lives.
No doubt, send an email to Kevin Feign ASAP

Marvel stayed in the family for the selection of the directors for Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

The Russo Brothers (Anthony and Joe) have been chosen to run the huge two parter Avengers story.

They also directed The Winter Soldier and are currently working on Captain America: Civil War right now.

Civil War looks like it will be almost a mini Avengers movie as Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye are all confirmed to be in the movie.

As a huge Weadon fan I am sad he is not taking Infinity War on but I thought Winter Soldier was very solid and have some faith that the brothers can continue this epic run.

Marvel stayed in the family for the selection of the directors for Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

The Russo Brothers (Anthony and Joe) have been chosen to run the huge two parter Avengers story.

They also directed The Winter Soldier and are currently working on Captain America: Civil War right now.

Civil War looks like it will be almost a mini Avengers movie as Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye are all confirmed to be in the movie.

As a huge Weadon fan I am sad he is not taking Infinity War on but I thought Winter Soldier was very solid and have some faith that the brothers can continue this epic run.
Agreed. They knocked it out of the park with CA2 though so I'm hopeful.

Personally I think CA2 was better than Avengers and the best Marvel film so far, so color me happy.

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man is slated for Civil War as well.

I'm pretty sure Spider-Man is slated for Civil War as well.
That is the rumor but no one has been cast yet (at least officially).

Bucky and falcon are back and Black Panther has been cast as well.

Stayed up late and watched the first episode of Daredevil last night. I like the way they are setting things up. The tone is different than anything in the MCU so far, very dark. Without getting spoiler-y the things that stood out the most to me were the fights. They seemed long and brutal compared to what we're accustomed to in the genre. It's not the typical super-powered hero steamrolling through bad guys, every fight is tough and feels dangerous. When Matt gets hit, he gets hurt.

Looking forward to watching more today.

I really want to watch Daredevil with my 8 and 11 year old sons who are into everything Marvel, but afraid it's too dark. Probably gonna watch a few episodes myself first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to catching up on DD tonite as well. I know my boys (7,9) will want to watch it, but I always tell them that I have to watch it first. I'm interested to see where this goes as DD is such a compelling character, and the last movie was horrible (aside from Jennifer Garner in tight leather/spandex).

I really want to watch Daredevil with my 8 and 11 year old sons who are into everything Marvel, but afraid it's too dark. Probably gonna watch a few episodes myself first.
Mine are 9 and 11, hoping that it's ok for them. They are really excited about it especially my oldest.

Mine are 9 and 11, hoping that it's ok for them. They are really excited about it especially my oldest.
Mine are excited too, but now I see Netflix slapped it with a TV-MA rating. I've read that it's a bit bloodier than a series like Arrow, which we watch all the time, so I don't think "MA" carries the Cinemax/HBO sort of connotations.

Mine are excited too, but now I see Netflix slapped it with a TV-MA rating. I've read that it's a bit bloodier than a series like Arrow, which we watch all the time, so I don't think "MA" carries the Cinemax/HBO sort of connotations.
Yeah I'll have to watch a few episodes to determine where it lands. Don't think they need to watch Marvel's version of True Blood

Darn, may need to get netflix just for this. Always liked DD. He and Silver Surfer were a couple of my favorites as a kid.

Stayed up late and watched the first episode of Daredevil last night. I like the way they are setting things up. The tone is different than anything in the MCU so far, very dark. Without getting spoiler-y the things that stood out the most to me were the fights. They seemed long and brutal compared to what we're accustomed to in the genre. It's not the typical super-powered hero steamrolling through bad guys, every fight is tough and feels dangerous. When Matt gets hit, he gets hurt.

Looking forward to watching more today.
Just finished the first episode. I'm hooked. So far it's very well done.

Damnit. I have to bow out of checking this thread if it is going to talk TV Shows.

Catch you spoiler loving mother ####ers on the flipside.

Users who are viewing this thread