What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (7 Viewers)

There is already a plan to do the Defenders on Netflix using the those heroes - Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. It's supposed to come out around the end of Phase 3.
=( not even close to The Defenders team I remember.
Yeah, it was Hulk, Namor, the Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange who were the original Defenders so I'm not sure why Netflix is even doing this.
Luke Cage and Daredevil were early recruits and Iron Fist was involved once or twice. Not sure about Jessica Jones though.
Defenders need to be namor. Valkyrie. Dr strange. Nighthawk and blue hair beast. Not sure they can add hulk and or the surfer. Powerman iron fist and daredevil are acceptable

There is already a plan to do the Defenders on Netflix using the those heroes - Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. It's supposed to come out around the end of Phase 3.
Yeah, it was Hulk, Namor, the Silver Surfer and Dr. Strange who were the original Defenders so I'm not sure why Netflix is even doing this.
Luke Cage and Daredevil were early recruits and Iron Fist was involved once or twice. Not sure about Jessica Jones though.
Defenders need to be namor. Valkyrie. Dr strange. Nighthawk and blue hair beast. Not sure they can add hulk and or the surfer. Powerman iron fist and daredevil are acceptable
Also Iceman, Angel and Gargoyle.

Also Maverick, Goose and Viper.

I wouldn't expect Dr. Strange to be involved with the Defenders. I don't see Cumberbatch doing TV other than Sherlock. His star's too bright now.

1. Thanos

Ironman
Thor
Hulk
Captain Ameridude
Hawkeyeguy
Black Widow
Black Panther - will be in Civil War // own movie
Dr. Strange - getting his own movie
Ms. Marvel? - getting her own movie, but it might be after Infinity War
Spiderman - showing up starting this spring
Ant Man
Wasp - totally banging Ant Man
Winter Soldier
Falcon
Vision
War Machine
Scarlet Witch
Star Lord
Gamora
Drax
Groot
Rocket Racoon
The Collector Tanileer guy
Guy from Walking Dead with glowing Mohawk and whistle controlled arrow
Loki?
Lady Siff?
Thor's friend the Asianed one
Thor's friend the bearded one
Thor's friend the swash buckling one
Agent Colson
Agent Daisy the Inhuman (hopefully full nude)
Director Fury
Agent hot one from How I Met Your Mother
Agent lived next door to Captain American and also a looker
Agent May
Agent Science Dude from Agents of Shield
Agent Science Gal from Agents of Shield
Agent melt metal guy from Agents of Shield
Agent shoot electricity Inhuman from Agents of Shield
Agent hot chick from Friday Night Lights from Agents of Shield
Agent boyfriend of the one from Friday Night Lights from Agents of Shield
Agent the big black guy from Agents of Shield
Agent Patton Oswald
Agent Ahbed from Community
Daredevil
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage
Punisher
Maybe Iron Fist if they don't cancel his Netflix
I'm still 17 short. Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Thanos
  2. Ironman
  3. Thor
  4. Hulk
  5. Captain Ameridude
  6. Hawkeyeguy
  7. Black Widow
  8. Black Panther - will be in Civil War // own movie
  9. Dr. Strange - getting his own movie
  10. Ms. Marvel? - getting her own movie, but it might be after Infinity War
  11. Spiderman - showing up starting this spring
  12. Ant Man
  13. Wasp - totally banging Ant Man
  14. Winter Soldier
  15. Falcon
  16. Vision
  17. War Machine
  18. Scarlet Witch
  19. Star Lord
  20. Gamora
  21. Drax
  22. Groot
  23. Rocket Racoon
  24. The Collector Tanileer guy
  25. Guy from Walking Dead with glowing Mohawk and whistle controlled arrow
  26. Loki?
  27. Lady Siff?
  28. Thor's friend the Asianed one
  29. Thor's friend the bearded one
  30. Thor's friend the swash buckling one
  31. Agent Colson
  32. Agent Daisy the Inhuman (hopefully full nude)
  33. Director Fury
  34. Agent hot one from How I Met Your Mother
  35. Agent lived next door to Captain American and also a looker
  36. Agent May
  37. Agent Science Dude from Agents of Shield
  38. Agent Science Gal from Agents of Shield
  39. Agent melt metal guy from Agents of Shield
  40. Agent shoot electricity Inhuman from Agents of Shield
  41. Agent hot chick from Friday Night Lights from Agents of Shield
  42. Agent boyfriend of the one from Friday Night Lights from Agents of Shield
  43. Agent the big black guy from Agents of Shield
  44. Agent Patton Oswald
  45. Agent Ahbed from Community
  46. Daredevil
  47. Jessica Jones
  48. Luke Cage
  49. Punisher
  50. Maybe Iron Fist if they don't cancel his Netflix
  51. I'm still 17 short. Wow.
A bunch of Inhumans....

But if it's anything like the comics, most of the 74 will just be in a heap of dead bodies

Article says characters so not all heroes.

Crossbones

Pepper Potts

The Colonel from Hulk that shows up in Civil War

Natalie Portman's Thor character

Stellan Skarsgard (In both Thor and Avengers)

oh and dont forget STAN LEE

Anyone going to go to Deadpool this weekend?

My daughter and I are going tonight.

Rotten Tomatoes is running at a solid 84% now after 146 reviews.

I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are. I'm afraid it's going to be too snarky for me. I just tried to read some of his comics on Marvel Unlimited and could barely stomach them. I'm worried the movie is going to feel like a long Family Guy episode where they try to cram as many jokes in as possible. I hate Family Guy for that.

Also Maverick, Goose and Viper.
Also Merlin, Cougar and the Token Black Pilot who couldn't take a hint that Tom Cruise got the chick at the bar and still continued to sing to her.

Im kind of bummed this got the R rating. I know it fits the character, but I love going to movies with my 6 year old these days. he knows its not for him. The other day he said I know, its not for me. Too bad too because he loves stupid humor and am sure he would laugh his ### off. He has a very mature sense of humor

Im kind of bummed this got the R rating. I know it fits the character, but I love going to movies with my 6 year old these days. he knows its not for him. The other day he said I know, its not for me. Too bad too because he loves stupid humor and am sure he would laugh his ### off. He has a very mature sense of humor
this movie marks an interesting point for my family.

My daughter is old enough to see with me but then she told me mom can't see it because it won't be appropriate for my her (my wife).

lol

I asked this in the movie thread but didn't get an answer: What's the over/under for appropriate age to bring my kids to see Deadpool? 12/13 years old?

this movie marks an interesting point for my family.

My daughter is old enough to see with me but then she told me mom can't see it because it won't be appropriate for my her (my wife).

lol
Haha - I like that.

My 11 year old wants to see it. I told him I had to see it first just in case to see what earned it the R rating before I decide if I'm okay with him seeing it. Surprisingly he understood.

I asked this in the movie thread but didn't get an answer: What's the over/under for appropriate age to bring my kids to see Deadpool? 12/13 years old?
It has a full frontal nudity scene and is extremely vulgar, not like f bombs which are plentiful, but sexual references and the like. My 12 year old won't be seeing it.

Just watched ant-man on a flight. When I first heard of it I thought it was the dumbest movie ever. Now I think it's the most fun I've ever had watching a marvel movie and would actually sit through it again.

Just watched ant-man on a flight. When I first heard of it I thought it was the dumbest movie ever. Now I think it's the most fun I've ever had watching a marvel movie and would actually sit through it again.
I have seen Antman twice and loved it both times. I think outside of The Incredible Hulk, I have found a decent level of entertainment in every other movie that Disney Marvel series.

Sebowski said:
I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are. I'm afraid it's going to be too snarky for me. I just tried to read some of his comics on Marvel Unlimited and could barely stomach them. I'm worried the movie is going to feel like a long Family Guy episode where they try to cram as many jokes in as possible. I hate Family Guy for that.
He's known as The Merc with the Mouth so, yeah, there is going to be tons and tons of snarkiness.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:
It has a full frontal nudity scene and is extremely vulgar, not like f bombs which are plentiful, but sexual references and the like. My 12 year old won't be seeing it.
Yup, it's supposed to be incredibly violent and full of foul language.

Didn't know about the nudity, which is great, hope it's female but...hey Ryan Reynolds.

The super hero genre desperately needs something that breaks the current formula.

NewlyRetired said:
Capella said:
I have seen Antman twice and loved it both times. I think outside of The Incredible Hulk, I have found a decent level of entertainment in every other movie that Disney Marvel series.
Didn't care for any Thor movie and the iron man stuff bores me. Liked the captain America, guardians, avengers movies and this.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:
Yup, it's supposed to be incredibly violent and full of foul language.Didn't know about the nudity, which is great, hope it's female but...hey Ryan Reynolds.

The super hero genre desperately needs something that breaks the current formula.
jessica jones down?

Good to hear about AntMan. I keep wanting to click on it and watch it but something keeps stopping me - I'll probably check it out this weekend now.

Deadpool is phenomenal.

I would take teenage boys to the movie, but absolutely not if Mom is going, unless you want to witness the most uncomfortable, completely awkward 90 minutes of your life.

It's not so much the violence, language or brief nudity here ... it's the subject matter and content. He's ridiculously vulgar and absolutely hilarious at the same time. Ryan Reynolds was born for this role and it's an enjoyable ride.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:
Yup, it's supposed to be incredibly violent and full of foul language.Didn't know about the nudity, which is great, hope it's female but...hey Ryan Reynolds.

jessica jones down?
Significantly worse than Jones.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:

jessica jones down?
Haven't got to it yet but JJ is not a feature film, Rated R, and I understand that it is more in the mold of the dark and moody Batman stuff (and Daredevil) which is also kind of tired.

Deadpool is something entirely different. It's not dark and moody but it is horrifically violent, crude and somehow also lighthearted. It certainly does not take itself too seriously either.

Capella said:
It's surprisingly fantastic. Thought it would be terrible and it's easily one of my favorite Marvel movies. Felt the same way about Guardians of the Galaxy. At this point the studio has gained my trust.

Yeah me and my son enjoyed ant man quite a bit. His friends made the movie. Not the best mcu movie but definitely a fun movie. The two avengers, cap2, and gotg were better.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:

Didn't know about the nudity, which is great, hope it's female but...hey Ryan Reynolds.

You're in luck! It's both female and Ryan Reynolds nudity!

Just got back from Deadpool and we loved it.

It grabs you from the opening credits all the way through the end of credits scene (which is a must for any one who is a film buff to see).

For those wondering about younger kids, be cautioned, the material was very strong.

One question for those that have seen it

I know they could not say because of the rights with Disney, but are we to assume that the destroyed ship was a helicarrier from Cap 2?

It grabs you from the opening credits all the way through the end of credits scene (which is a must for any one who is a film buff to see).

For those wondering about younger kids, be cautioned, the material was very strong.

I know they could not say because of the rights with Disney, but are we to assume that the destroyed ship was a helicarrier from Cap 2?
No, why would you?

No, why would you?According to the IMDB trivia page, it was what I assumed. It was kind of obvious I guess come to think of it.

Hawks64 said:
Sweet J said:

You're in luck! It's both female and Ryan Reynolds nudity!
:pickle:

Deadpool killed at the box office.

$47m on Thursday/Friday which blew away expectations.

On track for a $130m for the weekend, which would break the record for a February movie opening by a huge amount (previous record was $93m).

If they hit the $130m it would be almost $60m higher than what was projected for the movies opening.

The movies budget was ~$50m.

We are assured of a sequel now from a financial standpoint.

These numbers are even more impressive when you factor in the R rating which typically draws smaller revenue than PG13 movies.

We had what looked to be a 6 or 7 year old in the theater last night. That was going to be an interesting ride home with questions for the parents I think :)

Deadpool was gloriously, offensively, fantastic. IMO most 15 year olds are fine to go, my 12 year old will not be watching it. Get fuzzy at 13/14.

Violence, nudity, and ryan Reynolds' girlfriend strapping one on and plowing him from behind. One of many over-the-line gags that work.

Deadpool was gloriously, offensively, fantastic. IMO most 15 year olds are fine to go, my 12 year old will not be watching it. Get fuzzy at 13/14.

Violence, nudity, and ryan Reynolds' girlfriend strapping one on and plowing him from behind. One of many over-the-line gags that work.
it is amazing how good she still looks. She might look as good as she did on Firefly almost 14 years ago.

Apologize for the separate Deadpool thread but it broke the record for highest grossing R rated film opening day all time, that's impressive IMO.

I hadn't planned on it but I think I am going to go see what all the fuss is about. I know nothing about Deadpool except the trailers. Sounds like a lot of violence, sex, and cussing, should be good.

Apologize for the separate Deadpool thread but it broke the record for highest grossing R rated film opening day all time, that's impressive IMO.

I hadn't planned on it but I think I am going to go see what all the fuss is about. I know nothing about Deadpool except the trailers. Sounds like a lot of violence, sex, and cussing, should be good.
There is a ton of inside jokes in the movie so pay close attention. There is also a lot of 4th wall breaking.

Users who are viewing this thread