What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (6 Viewers)

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
I don't have high hopes for this one. I would love to be wrong though.
I didn't have high hopes for Thor, but they pulled that one off.
I think Thor is less of a gimmick character really. If we were going second tier, which Ant Man definitely is, I would have rather seen someone like the Black Panther.
Do they even need ant-man? I mean arent they having tony stark create Ultron in the next avengers movie?

isnt creating ultron the only reason to have Hank pym around?

Heck Id rather have Wonder-Man, (even though that dude needs a different name, his name stinks) Grim Reaper/ Vision scarlet witch type movie

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
I think Thor is less of a gimmick character really. If we were going second tier, which Ant Man definitely is, I would have rather seen someone like the Black Panther.
Do they even need ant-man? I mean arent they having tony stark create Ultron in the next avengers movie?

Heck Id rather have Wonder-Man, (even though that dude needs a different name, his name stinks) Grim Reaper/ Vision scarlet witch type movie
i always liked Wonder Man. Would love to see a Vision and the Witch movie. Vision has always been a personal favorite.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.

i always liked Wonder Man. Would love to see a Vision and the Witch movie. Vision has always been a personal favorite.
They are setting up that possibility already as Scarlet Witch looks like she will be in Age of Ultron. And I imagine one of the outcomes of AoU will be the creation of Vision. Not sure they get their own film but I think they will be brought into the fold.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.

Ant-Man isn't going to be Hank Pym it's going to be Scott Lang who originally stole the Ant-Man suit from Pym.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.

Ant-Man isn't going to be Hank Pym it's going to be Scott Lang who originally stole the Ant-Man suit from Pym.
I believe both Ant-mans are scheduled to appear, with Pym mainly being flashbacks.

So a Sinister Six movie is coming out. But isnt a movie about villains gonna be weird without a superhero in it? Do the bad guys win?

It is very early in the review cycle but Guardians is killing it so far.

After 19 critical reviews, it holds a perfect 100% score on rotten tomatoes. Here are some tidbits from various reviews.

==========

What's safe to say is that 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is the most charming Marvel movie so far.

One of the most entertaining, fun, thrilling, heartfelt and beautiful summer blockbusters we've seen.

A rocking space odyssey that gate crashes Marvel's cinematic stable and instantly becomes the life of the party

Mad, marvellous and all kinds of sci-fi magical, Guardians Of The Galaxy is Marvel's riskiest but most surprising success yet.

Possibly one of the funniest (and strangest) Marvel movies yet, James Gunn and his cast deliver an infinitely entertaining space opera that's really something quite special.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.

I believe both Ant-mans are scheduled to appear, with Pym mainly being flashbacks.
even worse, wouldnt the Goliath/Giant Man version of Pym be better?

heck I mostly remember him as YellowJacket in the comic anyway

After 19 critical reviews, it holds a perfect 100% score on rotten tomatoes. Here are some tidbits from various reviews.

==========

What's safe to say is that 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is the most charming Marvel movie so far.

One of the most entertaining, fun, thrilling, heartfelt and beautiful summer blockbusters we've seen.

A rocking space odyssey that gate crashes Marvel's cinematic stable and instantly becomes the life of the party

Mad, marvellous and all kinds of sci-fi magical, Guardians Of The Galaxy is Marvel's riskiest but most surprising success yet.

Possibly one of the funniest (and strangest) Marvel movies yet, James Gunn and his cast deliver an infinitely entertaining space opera that's really something quite special
I might be wrong about this flick, sounds like early reviews are good.

==========

Possibly one of the funniest (and strangest) Marvel movies yet, James Gunn and his cast deliver an infinitely entertaining space opera that's really something quite special.
That's great. I think I am going to go hit this at a matinee tomorrow.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
They're about to make mad bank on an action movie featuring a talking racoon and a walking tree. I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.
Well but I always felt like GOTG had a chance to be good. I just feel a big silliness factor with Ant Man. And not good silly but Honey I Shrunk the Kids silly.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
They're about to make mad bank on an action movie featuring a talking racoon and a walking tree. I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt.
Well but I always felt like GOTG had a chance to be good. I just feel a big silliness factor with Ant Man. And not good silly but Honey I Shrunk the Kids silly.
I get it. But I think they can embrace a sort of silliness and still make it a viable contributor to what they want to accomplish in their Universe. He's a secondary enough character that they can go on a little (pardon the pun) smaller scale than the tent pole movies.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
I get it. But I think they can embrace a sort of silliness and still make it a viable contributor to what they want to accomplish in their Universe. He's a secondary enough character that they can go on a little (pardon the pun) smaller scale than the tent pole movies.
Well like I said I hope to be proven wrong.

==========

Release date isn't until 8/1, IIRC. My kids (6, 8, 10) really liked The Avengers. If this is similar to it, I may take them to see GotG as well. I know my two boys (6, 8) really want to see it.

==========

Release date isn't until 8/1, IIRC. My kids (6, 8, 10) really liked The Avengers. If this is similar to it, I may take them to see GotG as well. I know my two boys (6, 8) really want to see it.
Oh I thought it started today for some reason.

Now with 25 reviews in GOG is still at a perfect 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

I think they might be benefitiing from the "wow this is better than I expected" vibe from the critics but either way it looks like we have a fun one to add to the collection :)

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
Definitely this. He would have made a great movie too. Wakanda would have been awesome if done right.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
Definitely this. He would have made a great movie too. Wakanda would have been awesome if done right.
It still could happen, they're current lineup is decidedly...er...pale.

BP could be part of Phase 3. Wouldn't surprise me to hear about it this week during Comic-Con.

Ant man is gonna suck
Unless it doesn't.
It still could happen, they're current lineup is decidedly...er...pale.

BP could be part of Phase 3. Wouldn't surprise me to hear about it this week during Comic-Con.
Good chance Sam Wilson becomes Cap in Phase 3. Chris Evans only signed up for 6 movies while everyone else signed up for 9. And he's stated over and over he's done after his contract's 6. He wants to direct. So either Bucky becomes the new Cap, or they follow the comic and make Falcon the new cap. Personally I hope Bucky stays the Winter Soldier and Wilson becomes the new Cap somehow. The actor is pretty good. I like him better than Bucky, that's for sure.

Guardians of the Galaxy sequel set for 2017, announced tonight at San Diego Comic Con.

Eta:

SAN DIEGO "Guardians of the Galaxy" hasn't opened in theaters yet, but a sequel is already in the works.

Director James Gunn and star Chris Pratt announced the planned sequel Saturday during Marvel Studios' Comic-Con presentation.

"Guardians of the Galaxy" follows a motley team of otherworldly misfits, including a talking raccoon, led by Pratt's character. The film opens Friday.

The sequel is set for release on July 28, 2017.

Guardians of the Galaxy sequel set for 2017, announced tonight at San Diego Comic Con.

Eta:

SAN DIEGO "Guardians of the Galaxy" hasn't opened in theaters yet, but a sequel is already in the works.

Director James Gunn and star Chris Pratt announced the planned sequel Saturday during Marvel Studios' Comic-Con presentation.

"Guardians of the Galaxy" follows a motley team of otherworldly misfits, including a talking raccoon, led by Pratt's character. The film opens Friday.

The sequel is set for release on July 28, 2017.
They must know they have a big hit on their hands. GOG2 should play in nicely to Avengers 3 in 2018.

Marvel is doing everything right with their cinematic universe and DC is just screwing the pooch. Sucks since DC and JLA specifically are my favorite but it's great to see comics done right. Bravo to Marvel.

Marvel is doing everything right with their cinematic universe and DC is just screwing the pooch. Sucks since DC and JLA specifically are my favorite but it's great to see comics done right. Bravo to Marvel.
see I think we remember JLA cartoon fondly as kids, but really that and the original batman w adam west was super cheesy.

Marvel is crushing it right now, I highly doubt DC gets it right, they did well with batman but these superman & GL movies have been MEH and awful.

is the 52 storyline where Lex Luthor runs for president and flash gets killed? Sorry for spoilers if so

see I think we remember JLA cartoon fondly as kids, but really that and the original batman w adam west was super cheesy.

Marvel is crushing it right now, I highly doubt DC gets it right, they did well with batman but these superman & GL movies have been MEH and awful.

is the 52 storyline where Lex Luthor runs for president and flash gets killed? Sorry for spoilers if so
No that was pre 52. The New 52 was were they redid the majority of the characters. JLA reformed with Cyborg as the leader, Superman was grittier and tougher.

After 27 good reviews, GIG finally got its first bad review. I did not read the whole review since he was heading into spoiler territory, but he did not like either the comedy or the sound track, which is almost polar opposite to all the other reviews.

At the movies with my 4 year old for GOTG right now and Marvel live on Friday.

Excited that he is into this stuff.

AcerFC said:
At the movies with my 4 year old for GOTG right now and Marvel live on Friday.

Excited that he is into this stuff.
lol we did marvel live yesterday and gotg today. Fun weekend

Captain America 2 was simply awesome. Ranking the movies in their universe (not spidey, xmen, etc):

Avengers

IM

CA2

Thor 2

IM3

IM2

Hulk

Thor

CA
Time for updated rankings. This is getting hard, may need to move to a tier system. Avengers

IM

GotG

CA2

Thor 2

IM3

IM2

Hulk

Thor

CA

================

Joss Whedon has wrapped production on Avengers: Age of Ultron, and is offering up some thoughts on Marvel and DC movies, as well as how Age of Ultron will potentially connect to both Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

In speaking with Nerd HQ about DC films (and this is pre the big announcement of their upcoming slate) Whedon said, "I think that both studios [Marvel and Warner/DC] have kind of different agendas, different ways of approaching the superhero genre, and the ethos of the thing, and the esthetic. They go very dark and serious and sometimes it works amazingly, and Marvel tends to be a little lighter. Both have movies that I adore, and both have movies that I'm like... [pulls a face which suggests he's less keen], including bits of my own. I would not want them to do what Marvel does. I like what they do when they get it right."

The director noted that both Batman Begins and Heath Ledger's work in The Dark Knight were standouts in the DC Cinematic Universe.

When last we saw Steve Rogers, Captain America, he was in search of his old friend Bucky Barnes, who had become The Winter Soldier. When asked how Age of Ultron would bridge that gap between Cap 2 and 3, Whedon said, "The fact is, Ultron is a clear and present danger and Bucky's in the wind. We do mention the fact that that's his sort of primary thing, but he's also working with The Avengers too. We're not ignoring it, but he definitely has to deal with a mad 8 foot robot, because that's one of those things that you put it off and it just gets worse."

Another question that fans have been asking is if, when, and how we might see The Avengers join forces with The Guardians of the Galaxy.

"Kevin [Feige] has a big plan and every now and then, he'll tell me part of it if he thinks it's going to affect what I'm doing or if he thinks what I'm doing is going to affect his", Whedon said during his Nerd HQ chat when asked how involved he was in the evolving Guardians storyline. "But as much as possible, I try to live in my own bubble. Guardians is very much its own thing. They're not the Guardians of this galaxy; it's a different one. So, I can sort of keep them at arm's length, long enough to do my thing and then I'm sure everything is going to get mixed together because it's Marvel."

Users who are viewing this thread