What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (9 Viewers)

From reading more, the list I copied from twitter may include some speculation on Spidey 3, and She Hulk.  While they are both going to be made, I am unsure they are certain for 2021.

D+ had some quick teasers during the SB for Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision (which definitely looks to be multi-verse themed), and a very quick look at Loki.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://deadline.com/2020/04/black-widow-mulan-artemis-fowl-marvel-movies-release-date-changes-box-office-coronavirus-1202900118/

The mother studio of franchise pics, Disney, made some release date changes today which further underscores studios’ planning that the summer box office season starts later than sooner. With Artemis Fowl, originally on Memorial Day weekend, heading to Disney+, and Universal’s Candyman now on Sept. 25, Disney/Pixar’s Soul is left standing at the expected first pic of summer.

First off, despite the nonsensical fanboy rumors last weekend that Black Widow and Mulan were headed to Disney+, that’s indeed not the case, and they’re staying put in theaters. Mulan, which is already a locked print having had its world premiere in Hollywood earlier this month, will open on July 24, sending Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt’s Jungle Cruise, which was on that date to July 30, 2021. Remember, given the halting of feature production in the world out of safety from COVID-19, 2021 is going to need movies.

Just like we forecasted after MGM’s No Time to Die moved to November, Black Widow is taking over Eternals’ Nov. 6 slot, which is setting off an even Marvel pic chain reaction whereby Eternals moves to Feb. 12, 2021 (Shang-Chi’s old date); Shang-Chi moves to May 7, 2021 (Doctor Strange 2’s old date); Doctor Strange 2 moves to Nov. 5, 2021 (Thor: Love and Thunder’s old date), Thor: Love And Thunder moves to Feb. 18, 2022 which was a spot for an untitled Marvel pic. Black Panther 2 remains on May 8, 2022 and Captain Marvel 2 is now set for July 8, 2022, which Disney already RSVPed for an untitled live action pic. That release date change ease with the Marvel movies comes from Disney having control over key juggernaut dates on the calendar.

And as far as this morning’s other big shocker: Kenneth Branagh’s Artemis Fowl heading to Disney+. Much like Universal’s in-home event experiment with Trolls World Tour, it appears a similar plan is in effect for this feature adaptation of the Eoin Colfer book. With Disney largely in the event franchise brand business, Artemis Fowl, like Wrinkle in Time before it may have seemed a risky play at theaters, especially in a future unpredictable environment.

From a different article:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-phase-4-mcu-release-dates-change/

What remains to be seen, though, is if the movie delays will change when Marvel's Disney+ shows are released as well. With The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, WandaVision, and Loki all stopping production, they might need to be delayed next - especially depending on their connectivity to Phase 4's MCU movies.

Forgive me if this is a Honda, but I figured this was a good place to ask a question.

Was watching Dr. Strange today, and was listening to the phone call that Strange was having just before the accident (SPOILER! ;)  ) and heard him turn down a patient that was (something like) "an Air Force Colonel with a lower spinal cord injury." Does the MCU timeline fit where that would have been Col. Rhodes after the Civil War fight?

Mr. Ected said:
Forgive me if this is a Honda, but I figured this was a good place to ask a question.

Was watching Dr. Strange today, and was listening to the phone call that Strange was having just before the accident (SPOILER! ;)  ) and heard him turn down a patient that was (something like) "an Air Force Colonel with a lower spinal cord injury." Does the MCU timeline fit where that would have been Col. Rhodes after the Civil War fight?
I always took it as the guy who got hurt testing suits in IM2

Mr. Ected said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1582039/that-doctor-strange-civil-war-reference-isnt-what-you-think-it-is

Mr. Ected said:

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1582039/that-doctor-strange-civil-war-reference-isnt-what-you-think-it-is
Thanks. Still a clever Egg.

Mr. Ected said:

Thanks. Still a clever Egg.
Wow, just in passing I assumed it was Rhodey.  They are right he was in the Air Force and in the movie they called him a Marine.

Did anyone else watch runaways season 3? I didn't realize it was on Disney+ until this week. Not bad overall. Sorceress Elizabeth Hurley makes it a more enjoyable watch.

Did anyone else watch runaways season 3? I didn't realize it was on Disney+ until this week. Not bad overall. Sorceress Elizabeth Hurley makes it a more enjoyable watch.
Kid and I watched season 1.  2 got a little darker and she lost interest so I hadn't finished it or s3.  I may have too.

Kid and I watched season 1.  2 got a little darker and she lost interest so I hadn't finished it or s3.  I may have too.
It has the very "young adult" thing going for it, which my wife actually enjoys even though she is not a young adult.  She really enjoyed the whole run.

we watched it and liked it. 

The only MCU tv show I did not like was Cloak and Dagger but I even enjoyed their cross over episodes in Runaways Season 3.

The only MCU tv show I did not like was Cloak and Dagger but I even enjoyed their cross over episodes in Runaways Season 3.
You liked Inhumans?

We liked s1 of Cloak, but didn't get into S2.  May have to watch it and Runaways since I do like the crossovers...

You liked Inhumans?

We liked s1 of Cloak, but didn't get into S2.  May have to watch it and Runaways since I do like the crossovers...
I watched one episode of inhumans. Recorded the season but never felt compelled to watch it. Never saw cloak and dagger. I remember liking that comic but it had had reviews.

Not missing anything with Inhumans. It's not that it's bad, it's just not good if that makes sense. It's just all kinds of blah. Very disappointed they killed Agent Carter for it as well, not that Carter was a ratings hit either though.
Yeah I really enjoyed Agent Carter.  Glad they were able to tie that back into Agents of Shield.

Unbelievably tragic loss with Chadwick Boseman at age 43 from cancer.  I've read it was diagnosed in 2016 which meant he filmed Black Panther and the 2 Avenger movies with it.  In the clip below, you can see how gracious and amazing he was with fans.  Really great in the other movies I saw him in as well in 42, Marshall, and 21 Bridges.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expKmfdoo28

Unbelievably tragic loss with Chadwick Boseman at age 43 from cancer.  I've read it was diagnosed in 2016 which meant he filmed Black Panther and the 2 Avenger movies with it.  In the clip below, you can see how gracious and amazing he was with fans.  Really great in the other movies I saw him in as well in 42, Marshall, and 21 Bridges.  Thoughts and prayers to his family.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=expKmfdoo28
RIP My King

I wonder if Marvel was aware or not.  Does alter how they go about Black Panther 2 and I wonder if they had ideas just in case.

I am unsure what prompted this tweet from Marvel but it seems to squash the rumors that Robert Downey was going to make an appearance in Black Widow

https://twitter.com/77MCU/status/1301046181863337985?s=20
looks like it came from Robert himself on a podcast, but people are speculating he could be talking about future roles since Black Widow is already shot.  I guess we just need to wait for Black Widow to get closer to release

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1300935759562764289?s=20

Man its gonna be tough being the guy that takes over for black panther. 

This kinda reminds me of a similar situation on the stars show spartacus where the actor that played spartacus died after season 1.  Also of cancer.  Guy they brought in did a great job and it was really well done.

I guess it’s possible but I can’t imagine they replace him. More than likely his sister takes over the mask since that’s been established in the comics. But I think they shelve the franchise. He was too iconic. 

Man its gonna be tough being the guy that takes over for black panther. 

This kinda reminds me of a similar situation on the stars show spartacus where the actor that played spartacus died after season 1.  Also of cancer.  Guy they brought in did a great job and it was really well done.
Not sure they can put another actor in there.  Despite success with Rhody and Hulk, this is too major a character to do that IMO.

I guess it’s possible but I can’t imagine they replace him. More than likely his sister takes over the mask since that’s been established in the comics. But I think they shelve the franchise. He was too iconic. 
Not as familiar with what could be cannon, but I could imagine his sister taking over, although that could lead to challenges and a  lot of the first movie.  I believe his kid takes over in the comics so perhaps we see T'Challa's funeral and his kid there.  Would be too young to take over in 2, but we could see setting it up for 3.  Some major strife in Wakanda, having to battle Namor without the protector?

Outside of cannon and in coordination with Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, you could see Killmonger brought back as the good guy who takes up the mantle.

are you kidding?  they may let it rest a couple years but black panther will return.  too many people liked it and it made alot of money.

Crap, twice in consecutive threads! Not stalking you I swear :stalker:

Given what’s going on in the world I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re not gonna shelve the most significant black marvel character. 

Unless it’s because the first movie was atrocious. Like Thor Ragnar bad. The  only two marvel movies I didn’t finish bad. 

Crap, twice in consecutive threads! Not stalking you I swear :stalker:

Given what’s going on in the world I’m going to go out on a limb and say they’re not gonna shelve the most significant black marvel character. 

Unless it’s because the first movie was atrocious. Like Thor Ragnar bad. The  only two marvel movies I didn’t finish bad. 
hold on.  you did not like thor ragnorok?

are you kidding?  they may let it rest a couple years but black panther will return.  too many people liked it and it made alot of money.
Exactly.  They wont recast someone to be the same character as Chadwick but they had two guys be Black Panther in the first movie. Should be easy to move the Black Panther to a different person. 

Outside of canon and in coordination with Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, you could see Killmonger brought back as the good guy who takes up the mantle.
Yep -- Eric Stevens/N'Jadaka/Killmonger is, after all, part of the Wakandan royal family by blood.

Yes ... Killmonger died in Black Panther. But he's not Uncle Ben, so he's fair game :D  

Yep -- Eric Stevens/N'Jadaka/Killmonger is, after all, part of the Wakandan royal family by blood.

Yes ... Killmonger died in Black Panther. But he's not Uncle Ben, so he's fair game :D  
Thats where the multiverse of madness comes in, he is from a dimension where he was the good version like T'Challa.... or one they ruled together and he can come over and rule this world in a manner consistent with T'Challa.....

Whomever they get, could easily work it into the story of the new Black Panther person taking up the mantle after T’Challa’s unfortunate passing. Doesn’t have to be a recast, but you can almost guarantee they are making another Black Panther movie no matter what.

On a different note, re-watched the Defenders yesterday.  I actually liked it and periodically rewatch.  Love the team ups and crossover movies/shows, which is probably why I love the Avengers movies.  Charlie Cox was great as Daredevil.  I do hope he can continue and they move him into the movie side.  

If they could properly do a DD/Spidey/Kingpen movie using the Netflix actors with Tom Holland, I think it could be one of the better movies.

On a different note, re-watched the Defenders yesterday.  I actually liked it and periodically rewatch.  Love the team ups and crossover movies/shows, which is probably why I love the Avengers movies.  Charlie Cox was great as Daredevil.  I do hope he can continue and they move him into the movie side.  

If they could properly do a DD/Spidey/Kingpen movie using the Netflix actors with Tom Holland, I think it could be one of the better movies.
Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio were tremendous in their roles.  Jon Bernthal was great as the Punisher as well, would like to see them transition to the MCU.  It's too bad they killed off Mahershala Ali in the first season of Luke Cage because he is great in everything he does.

Whomever they get, could easily work it into the story of the new Black Panther person taking up the mantle after T’Challa’s unfortunate passing. Doesn’t have to be a recast, but you can almost guarantee they are making another Black Panther movie no matter what.
This was talked about before his untimely death.  There was a report that they were setting up Shuri down the road for it and he was disappointed to leave the franchise he created so soon (as in he may have been killed off at the end of the sequel).  Shuri seems to me to be the most likely road forward.

what are your guesses on what we are seeing in the trailer? 

It feels like a dream....maybe something Vision conjures up at the same time Thanos is killing him......
Doesn't she go a little crazy in the comics?  I could see this as a psychic breakdown... Reportedly it feeds into Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, so.....

Users who are viewing this thread