What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (16 Viewers)

the best scene in any avengers movie is when thor shows up in infinity war at wakanda at the end when he is now lightning pissed off thor and makes sweet lighting axe music all over the place take that to the bank bromigos 

Last edited by a moderator:
actually i think steaming pile of craploaf would be a better team name but thats just me talkin take that to the bank bromigo

I really need to cave and get some reading glasses. I mistead the title as “Falcon and Winter Soldier Now Showering” and thought well now, this has certainly taken a unexpected turn.

Interesting that there was very little actual “death” in Wandavision, but the body count in the opening scene piled up quickly.  It was like GI Joe cartoons, except the Cobra guys don’t jump out of the helicopter right before the missile hits.
Ever since you typed this, I want to change the title to that :)  

I see it every time I read the title now :lmao:

It's been ok, but it has alot to live up to after Wanda vision.   

It's been boring at times and I find myself looking at my phone and doing stuff around the house when I have had it on.   

Never was doing that during Wanda vision.

It's been ok, but it has alot to live up to after Wanda vision.   

It's been boring at times and I find myself looking at my phone and doing stuff around the house when I have had it on.   

Never was doing that during Wanda vision.
WandaVision had a better mystery aspect and was like nothing the MCU has put out before, plus it got my whole family to watch which is a rarity, so I love it.

Enjoyed this episode of FaWS a lot and like the series so far though it's more conventional; basically feels like a continuation of the Captain America films. The second episode had some real forced Falcon/Bucky dialogue, but it seems to have calmed down now and I'm digging it for what it is. Did anyone else get a John Wick vibe during parts of this episode?

I feel like this is a nice popcorn film break after WandaVision and am enjoying it for what it is. The buddy film stuff is forced but whatever.

It was cool to see Sharon, hopefully she's in more episodes. 

Not to ruin the end for anyone but I'm liking where that can go. Not totally unexpected but you gotta love her too.

Enjoying Fal & WS. Did have a goofy thought at first that Carrot Top might have had a daughter. 

This is a good series but it is not appointment television for me like Wanda was.  That is not a criticism; I just hold WV in high regard.

This week's episode I thought was interesting.  I liked the classic Nemo mask. I thought we saw a crack in the new Cap where it looked like he might snap on the guy we were interrogating.  Thought they went over the top on showing Sharon as a complete dominator. Part of me think they are trying to lead us down the path that she either is or is working for the Power Broker.  I don't think they would do that to that character, perhaps she's in deep cover with the CIA or SHIELD/SWORD. I'm not sure if she is the one who killed the informant.  She said in the car we have a couple of problems, seemed to refer to Falcon and Bucky. When the lab was exploding, I was wondering if they were going to say the fumes of the serum ended up enhancing Sam and Sharon, even if to a small degree.

Zemo is a good actor.  I loved the callback at the end where Sam asked if Bucky was going to move his seat up, and he was like "No".  Roles reversed from Civil War.

This is a good series but it is not appointment television for me like Wanda was.  That is not a criticism; I just hold WV in high regard.

This week's episode I thought was interesting.  I liked the classic Nemo mask. I thought we saw a crack in the new Cap where it looked like he might snap on the guy we were interrogating.  Thought they went over the top on showing Sharon as a complete dominator. Part of me think they are trying to lead us down the path that she either is or is working for the Power Broker.  I don't think they would do that to that character, perhaps she's in deep cover with the CIA or SHIELD/SWORD. I'm not sure if she is the one who killed the informant.  She said in the car we have a couple of problems, seemed to refer to Falcon and Bucky. When the lab was exploding, I was wondering if they were going to say the fumes of the serum ended up enhancing Sam and Sharon, even if to a small degree.

Zemo is a good actor.  I loved the callback at the end where Sam asked if Bucky was going to move his seat up, and he was like "No".  Roles reversed from Civil War.
It almost seems like this is too evident that the swerve will be that she isn't the Power Broker or associated. Then I start thinking they are trying so hard to make it seem like she is, that most people will be like me and assume it's a set up that she isn't, that they will actually have her be the Power Broker -  the out in the open swerve.

That looks fantastic. 

Falcon show is a little boring but I expect the final 2 episodes will be great. Seems to be building up to something. Tough break for this show following Wanda, that wasn’t the original plan. People would have probably loved this show otherwise. 
2?  I thought this was a 6 episode series?

Yeah they've done a good job of showing how the world is not black and white, and how history can determine who are terrorists and who are revolutionaries.  Didn't expect one character to die, but the slow descent into madness for the new Cap is complete. Really good episode with a lot of good fight scenes and some funny moments (don't listen to him, he's just gonna do that weird head tilt thing :lmao:  ).

Leeroy Jenkins said:
Psychopav said:
Any chance Zemo is the Power Broker?
Was my first thought.  No clue though.
I doubt they would make Zemo the Power Broker, doesn't fit with the comics arc (not that they are beholden to that). I think Sharon Carter is undercover for CIA/SHIELD/SWORD somebody and will be the one to confront the Power Broker.  Not sure if they will wrap up the Power Broker storyline here or just introduce him (or her) for future projects.  My guess is that Sharon shuts him down in this series.

I doubt they would make Zemo the Power Broker, doesn't fit with the comics arc (not that they are beholden to that). I think Sharon Carter is undercover for CIA/SHIELD/SWORD somebody and will be the one to confront the Power Broker.  Not sure if they will wrap up the Power Broker storyline here or just introduce him (or her) for future projects.  My guess is that Sharon shuts him down in this series.
Yeah after this episode I think it very unlikely. 

eta: Sepinwall agrees.

last scene made me think of the boys and i now officially hate the new captain and i hope he ends up getting locked up take that to the bank brohans

Best part of the series so far. 

I am just not really feeling the plot or the pacing of this show. 
There are bits and pieces that are great, but overall I feel like they didn’t know what they wanted this show to be. It’s Falcon and Winter Soldier but it feels more like Off Brand Captain America. They spent a lot of time early highlighting and doing backstory for Falcon and Winter Soldier and they’ve done nothing to move those two characters forward. With Wandavision there was a clear vision and arc the entire way through. With this show it feels like they had so many items they wanted to put in the story without enough time to do them justice and nobody had the guts to say some of it needed to be cut.

When Karli said she was going to kill Captain America, did she mean metaphorically and that this was part of her plan?
I think she meant actually kill him. She was in the crowd when the new Captain killed her partner and she watched in horror. 

Small gripe, but that always bothers me in shows in movies. When Captain kills that guy he begs for his life and acts like he is all innocent. He even says Karli killed him. Same with Karli after she killed Captain's partner. Did she not think someone in her group wasn't going to die?

When Karli said she was going to kill Captain America, did she mean metaphorically and that this was part of her plan?
I think she meant actually kill him. She was in the crowd when the new Captain killed her partner and she watched in horror. 

Small gripe, but that always bothers me in shows in movies. When Captain kills thaylt guy he begs for his life and acts like he is all innocent. He even says she killed him. Same with Karli after she killed Captain's partner. Did she not think someone in her group wasn't going to die?
I agree she meant to kill KMart Cap.

That was a very weird scene to me. They are all fighting, ostensibly trying to kill one another, but when Battlestar dies, they all just kind of stop and are like "Oh man, is he hurt or dead?" Just felt off.

The image of the blood stained shield was excellent though.

There are bits and pieces that are great, but overall I feel like they didn’t know what they wanted this show to be. It’s Falcon and Winter Soldier but it feels more like Off Brand Captain America. They spent a lot of time early highlighting and doing backstory for Falcon and Winter Soldier and they’ve done nothing to move those two characters forward. With Wandavision there was a clear vision and arc the entire way through. With this show it feels like they had so many items they wanted to put in the story without enough time to do them justice and nobody had the guts to say some of it needed to be cut.
Probably could have been a 3.5 hour series but I am sure Disney plus wanted more. 

last scene made me think of the boys and i now officially hate the new captain and i hope he ends up getting locked up take that to the bank brohans
My wife said the same thing about the boys too. She extremely hates the new captain so he seems to be an effective villain at least. 

“when are they going to kill this guy I cannot ####ing stand him” :lmao:  

How difficult is it going to be to get rid of the new Captain now that he has the super solider serum and wants revenge? I think it would be very difficult to kill him off in 2 episodes. Is he a the villain in season 2 or future anti-hero like Loki in the movies?

On the one hand, I'm glad he took the serum. Hard to suspend disbelief that any "normal" would benefit in any way from wielding the shield. Captain America, good or bad, should be a super soldier or it's just not credible. 

Also for this reason I strongly feel that Bucky should become the new Cap when all is said and done, with Sam as Falcon his partner. 

Users who are viewing this thread