Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Start Watching Loki; Please Respect Spoilers From Outside the Show


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I know (but, again, CGI is animation) I don't think anyone is pushing for a Japanese anime (or Captain Caveman style animation) version of Planet Hulk.   But there isn't much difference between what we are getting from the MCU right now and what a Planet Hulk movie would require.  There are some clever people in Hollywood, I am sure they could write in a live actor or two to play against the CGI characters on the green screen. 

CGI isn't animation in terms of ease and cost. CGI is what add huge dollar amounts to a movie's budget. Animation doesn't. A Hulk movie like Planet Hulk or World War Hulk would likely be the most costly movie to date for Marvel.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He w

Pepper Potts’s head

well done guys!  You had to pollute one of the few threads that is not stained with what ever political side you support.

8 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:

CGI isn't animation in terms of ease and cost. CGI is what add huge dollar amounts to a movie's budget. Animation doesn't. A Hulk movie like Planet Hulk or World War Hulk would likely be the most costly movie to date for Marvel.

More than a talking tree and raccoon?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

Yep, the more CGI you have the more $$ it is.

Sure but I am just not sure a Planet Hulk movie would necessarily have more CGI than GoG or AoU.

Edited by Chaka
Corrected for Age of Ultron.
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Sure but I am just not sure a Planet Hulk movie would necessarily have more CGI than GoG or AoE.

Not sure how many characters in Planet Hulk could be a real actor in makeup though with pretty much an entire planet of aliens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Speaking of irrelevant, the animated movies in the past are not part of the MCU, so it was a fair question. Can Marvel try do an animated theatrical big release that is part of the MCU? Namely, with Hulk to solve the perceived issues with doing a Hulk movie (issues I disagree with)? 

I think the characters of the PLANET HULK storyline could be altered enough to not break the bank on the  CGI.  The real problem with doing Planet Hulk is that the MCU story isn't set up to make a Planet Hulk story meaningful.  The powers that be in the MCU aren't pissed/scared enough of the Hulk to send him off into space.  They might have been able to do it as a prelude to Civil War (Stark and Ross, worried that The Hulk wouldn't be willing to be controlled just blast him off into space).......but not now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawks64 said:

Not sure how many characters in Planet Hulk could be a real actor in makeup though with pretty much an entire planet of aliens.

Virtually every character in GoG were some form of alien species and virtually all of them were actors in make up.  Who are the characters in Planet Hulk and what would they be like on film?

Red King, Elloe Kaifi, Hiroim & Caiera could all be played by normal actors in makeup (they could write Lavin Skee out completely, but if they didn't he would also be an actor in makeup).  As would all of the Sakaar.  That leaves Hulk, Miek, Brood & Korg as being necessarily animated along with whatever crazy CGI enemies they throw at them.

It just doesn't seem too daunting relative to films like GoG and AoU.

ETA: Additionally, unlike the Avengers movies, there is only one "big name" actor associated with the film in Ruffalo.  So they wouldn't be burning budget on talent at nearly the same click as an Avengers film or Civil War.

 

 

Edited by Chaka
Corrected for Age of Ultrono.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Harry Manback said:

What do you think the planets in GotG were comprised of?

Most of the GotG were able to be done with makeup. IIRC Planet Hulk there weren't nearly as many that could be done and would require CGI. Just IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

 

11 hours ago, Sebowski said:

Speaking of irrelevant, the animated movies in the past are not part of the MCU, so it was a fair question. Can Marvel try do an animated theatrical big release that is part of the MCU? Namely, with Hulk to solve the perceived issues with doing a Hulk movie (issues I disagree with)? 

I think the characters of the PLANET HULK storyline could be altered enough to not break the bank on the  CGI.  The real problem with doing Planet Hulk is that the MCU story isn't set up to make a Planet Hulk story meaningful.  The powers that be in the MCU aren't pissed/scared enough of the Hulk to send him off into space.  They might have been able to do it as a prelude to Civil War (Stark and Ross, worried that The Hulk wouldn't be willing to be controlled just blast him off into space).......but not now. 

 

Thats an easy work around whereas Hulk/Banner could determine that he is too much of a danger/risk after AoU and jettisoned himself out into space in his stolen quinjet.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peak said:

Thats an easy work around whereas Hulk/Banner could determine that he is too much of a danger/risk after AoU and jettisoned himself out into space in his stolen quinjet.  

Banner is going to be a main character in Thor:Ragnarok so that's likely the storyline as to where Banner went after AoU.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hawks64 said:
16 minutes ago, Peak said:

Thats an easy work around whereas Hulk/Banner could determine that he is too much of a danger/risk after AoU and jettisoned himself out into space in his stolen quinjet.  

Banner is going to be a main character in Thor:Ragnarok so that's likely the storyline as to where Banner went after AoU.

I can't do spoiler text for some reason, but I agree with this and it fits in with what I've read about Ragnarok.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Peak said:

I can't do spoiler text for some reason, but I agree with this and it fits in with what I've read about Ragnarok.

If the buttons don't work you can always just use [ spoiler] [/ spoiler] without the spaces before the spoiler.

Edited by Hawks64
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hulk and Thor are teaming up in Thor 3: Ragnarok. Speculation is because the Hulk films were bombs and the Thor films, while successful, have been the least performing of the MCU movies, hence the buddy team up (plus the obvious fun chemistry between them in the Avengers films and in a continuity standpoint they are both very powerful beings.) Seems unlikely there will be another stand alone Hulk movie for a long while, especially when they already have a busy schedule establishing solo films for Dr Strange, Ms Marvel, Black Panther, Spidey reboot, sequels to Antman, GotG, (I think Inhumans has been pushed out indefinitely.)

 

Who knows what phase 4 which will start sometime in 2019/2020 will look like at this point, maybe by then there will be a solo Hulk movie on the docket. There are rumors that Downey has changed his mind and now would consider doing an Iron Man 4 too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Peak said:

Thats an easy work around whereas Hulk/Banner could determine that he is too much of a danger/risk after AoU and jettisoned himself out into space in his stolen quinjet.  

But isn't the pop from Planet Hulk when he decides to come back after the poop hits the fan courtesy of Stark/Richards?  Kind of neutors the story a bit if he's exiling himself.

 

ETA: I'd rather them do a Planet Hulk storyline as the backbone for the next Phase in the MCU.  Then they could take their time with it and have the characters more true to the original story. 

Edited by Thunderlips
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

But isn't the pop from Planet Hulk when he decides to come back after the poop hits the fan courtesy of Stark/Richards?  Kind of neutors the story a bit if he's exiling himself.

 

ETA: I'd rather them do a Planet Hulk storyline as the backbone for the next Phase in the MCU.  Then they could take their time with it and have the characters more true to the original story. 

 

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/report-thor-ragnarok-will-draw-influence-from-planet-hulk-guardians-2-villain-revealed

A new report from JoBloclaims that Thor will encounter Hulk as the latter engages in a gladiatorial battle on a distant planet.

Though the report doesn't specify just how Hulk and Thor end up on said planet, it looks like Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster will play a role in it: Hulk will be a participant in the Grandmaster's games, and he'll be wearing the one-shoulder armor from Greg Pak, Carlo Pagulayan and Aaron Lopresti's "Planet Hulk" run when Thor finds him.

There are other spoilers, which include potential villians and storyline plots in the article, but I stopped at the Planet Hulk piece since that is the discussion point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Peak said:

Thats an easy work around whereas Hulk/Banner could determine that he is too much of a danger/risk after AoU and jettisoned himself out into space in his stolen quinjet.  

At the end of AoU they mentioned they found the stolen quinjet in the Pacific I think.  Your point stands that he could take himself out of the equation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, MaxThreshold said:

First Luke Cage Trailer has dropped!

I'll be there.  Looks awesome!  And who appears to be the bad guy is the dude from House of Cards.

So there's going to be a Luke Cage series, an Iron Fist series, and a defenders series. Are they going to have a 2nd Jessica Jones season? What is the order of release? I know defenders comes out in 2017, so do we get one or both of Cage and Fist before Jessica Jones in November? Or are they not doing a Jessica Jones in November.

I want answers and I have no way to get them! (actually I am just too lazy to look it up on the interwebs)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dhockster said:

So there's going to be a Luke Cage series, an Iron Fist series, and a defenders series. Are they going to have a 2nd Jessica Jones season? What is the order of release? I know defenders comes out in 2017, so do we get one or both of Cage and Fist before Jessica Jones in November? Or are they not doing a Jessica Jones in November.

I want answers and I have no way to get them! (actually I am just too lazy to look it up on the interwebs)

Here's a link to the answers to your questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dhockster said:

Thank you. That was most helpful

From Chakas link...

Quote
Series Season Episodes First aired Last aired Showrunner(s) Status
Marvel's Cloak and Dagger   1[119] TBA 2017[120] TBA TBD In development

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger

Tyrone Johnson and Tandy Bowen, two teenagers from different backgrounds, acquire superpowers while forming a romantic relationship. They soon realize that their powers work better when they are together, "but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging."[119]

In April 2016, the ABC-owned network Freeform announced a straight-to-series order for Marvel's Cloak and Dagger, based on the characters of the same name,[119] calling it their "first venture into the Marvel Cinematic Universe", and describing the show as a "superhero love story".[121] The first season is set to air in 2017.[120]

 

:thumbup: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andrew74 said:

Was that Kublai Khan?

Not sure who you're talking about so I can't say who they were, but none of them were Kublai Khan.

The bald woman was The Ancient One. The Asian man is Wong. The black guy is Baron Mordo. And the bad guy, who says "I am death" and has what looks like burns around his eyes, is Kaecilius.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcdjr1 said:

Not sure who you're talking about so I can't say who they were, but none of them were Kublai Khan.

The bald woman was The Ancient One. The Asian man is Wong. The black guy is Baron Mordo. And the bad guy, who says "I am death" and has what looks like burns around his eyes, is Kaecilius.

Sorry, I shouldn't post like everyone knows what I'm thinking. The guy that tells him "be careful what path..." sounds like the guy who plays Kublai Kahn in Netflix's "Marco Polo" series. 

ETA: so as to not be "that guy", I looked it up and it is the same guy. 

Edited by Andrew74
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

Brie Larson as Ms. Marvel? Really?

Meh.

Really? That is some more serious star power that Marvel is reeling in.  Good for them.

Liking the casting calls for Black Panther too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sebowski said:

Never heard of her. 

She won the Best Actress Oscar this year for Room.  She's the girl in the new Kong movie.  And she played Amy Schumer's sister in Trainwreck.  And that's just in the last couple years.  I heard she was good in 21 Jump Street, but I've never seen that movie, so I can't say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bcdjr1 said:

She won the Best Actress Oscar this year for Room.  She's the girl in the new Kong movie.  And she played Amy Schumer's sister in Trainwreck.  And that's just in the last couple years.  I heard she was good in 21 Jump Street, but I've never seen that movie, so I can't say.

 

Ah. Her. Ok. Never saw any of her other stuff and don't pay attention to the oscars. It's a joke award. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaka said:

Really? That is some more serious star power that Marvel is reeling in.  Good for them.

Liking the casting calls for Black Panther too.

I'm not saying she can't act. I just don't see her as Ms. Marvel. Ms.Marvel is a badass, and Brie Larson doesnt give off that vibe.

Morgan Freeman is a great actor, too, but I dont want them to cast him as Hugh Jackman's replacement as Wolverine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, SoCalBroncoFan said:

I'm not saying she can't act. I just don't see her as Ms. Marvel. Ms.Marvel is a badass, and Brie Larson doesnt give off that vibe.

Morgan Freeman is a great actor, too, but I dont want them to cast him as Hugh Jackman's replacement as Wolverine.

They turned Scarlett Johansson into Natasha Romanov, Russian super-spy badass. Her biggest action movie before that was The Island. I think Brie will be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On Monday, July 25, 2016 at 4:14 PM, SoCalBroncoFan said:

I'm not saying she can't act. I just don't see her as Ms. Marvel. Ms.Marvel is a badass, and Brie Larson doesnt give off that vibe.

Morgan Freeman is a great actor, too, but I dont want them to cast him as Hugh Jackman's replacement as Wolverine.

And Paul Rudd plays a great Antman

Link to post
Share on other sites

Already posted?  But saw it within an article earlier today and figured it was worth posting...

  • Doctor Strange opens November 4, 2016,
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – May 5, 2017
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming – July 7, 2017
  • Thor: Ragnarok – November 3, 2017
  • Black Panther – February 16, 2018
  • Avengers: Infinity War – May 4, 2018
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp – July 6, 2018
  • Captain Marvel – March 8, 2019
  • (Untitled) Avengers – May 3, 2019
  • and as-yet Three (3) untitled Marvel movies on May 1, July 10 and November 6, 2020.

 

:popcorn: x12

Edited by BigSteelThrill
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - Start Watching Loki; Please Respect Spoilers From Outside the Show

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...