What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Chaka said:
A valid point.

But I question whether people were really expecting anything critically relevant to Endgame to come out in a movie set in the 90s.  I think it was to simply see the character established before her appearance in Endgame.
... the establishment of the Captain Marvel character is critically relevant to Endgame :D   Not relevant to merely following the plot -- after all, Captain Marvel was foreshadowed in Infinity War. But relevant to laying out the actual ground rules in play for Endgame (e.g. what Captain Marvel can do in-universe, and how it will make sense for her to help lead events to resolution).

BTW, there was some talk several pages back -- from posts made in March -- about why Captain Marvel had never been paged before, like during the Chitauri invasion in 2012's Avengers. Some viewers on another board have a good in-universe theory about this: essentially, that Captain Marvel is never available for time-sensitive threats. IOW, if things are going down RIGHT NOW ... Captain Marvel is almost never near enough to Earth to arrive in time to do anything.

Still in all ... I would bet a buck that Kevin Feige secretly wishes he had thought to put a few Captain Marvel Easter Eggs and callbacks in the earlier MCU films. The character was in Marvel's stable ... so he would have been totally free to do so (as opposed to Spiderman, X-Men, etc.). I am curious about when the decision was made to fold the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel into the overall story arc?

BTW, there was some talk several pages back -- from posts made in March -- about why Captain Marvel had never been paged before, like during the Chitauri invasion in 2012's Avengers. Some viewers on another board have a good in-universe theory about this: essentially, that Captain Marvel is never available for time-sensitive threats. IOW, if things are going down RIGHT NOW ... Captain Marvel is almost never near enough to Earth to arrive in time to do anything.

Still in all ... I would bet a buck that Kevin Feige secretly wishes he had thought to put a few Captain Marvel Easter Eggs and callbacks in the earlier MCU films. The character was in Marvel's stable ... so he would have been totally free to do so (as opposed to Spiderman, X-Men, etc.). I am curious about when the decision was made to fold the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel into the overall story arc?
Ms Marvel's been around for a long time but she's only been Captain Marvel in the comics for the last 6 or 7 years IIRC. (I'd never even heard of this version of Captain Marvel until a few years ago as I haven't keep up with comics for a long time.)  So I would guess right around then is when they started planning out her appearence in the movies. Phase 2 started with IM3 in 2013 so they likely had that all planned out already and decided to include her when they started planning Phase 3 a few years later.

But who knows? They retconned a few minor things in the Captain Marvel film so it may have been shoehorned in later when they started the planning for Infinity War & Endgame. Plus the whole #MeToo, female empowerment thing is a relatively recent phenomenon.

Theater near me is doing a 22 film marathon from 4/23-4/25.  From Ironman to Endgame, see them all back to back to back to......  Thats a long time to be in the theater.

Theater near me is doing a 22 film marathon from 4/23-4/25.  From Ironman to Endgame, see them all back to back to back to......  Thats a long time to be in the theater.
Jeez..between the people not showering and pissing in their adult diapers that theater is going to need detoxification after this "event"

If one's lifestyle allows it ... it might be fun to drop in and out to catch stuff when you want. If they allow in-and-out privileges, that is.

If they require you to remain in the theater 24/7 ... no thanks.

Yeah, I must have misunderstood.  From the little I read, I thought that this current crop of superheros was being fazed out.  I knew BP, SM and GOTG had new ones coming out, but I thought they were pretty much the last of that phase or whatever they call it.  That's my bad.
Nah, it's the "original" Avengers being phased out, with the already noted exceptions.

I am off work Friday for my birthday. Always coincides with the draft, this year I get Endgame too!
Same here - except I'm only taking a 1/2 day.  I have tickets for my boys and I to see it Friday afternoon.  This is a reasonable excuse to pull a kid out of school early on a Friday, right?  :unsure:

:yes:

I'm going to see the movie at about 5:30 at a MovieTavern.  I'm really torn here.  On one hand, I have the ability to have beers delivered to my seat at the push of a button all movie long.  On the other hand, it's a long movie and at some point if I'm slugging down cold brews I'll have to pee.  The longer I wait, the longer it will take.  Do I skip beers?  Wait until the second half of the movie? Just do whiskey to reduce volume intake? Wear an adult diaper? Pee in an empty popcorn bucket during a loud battle scene?  It really is a quandary...

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Oh no, the Youtuber Captain Marvel  haters, heads are going to explode and start another failed boycott this time  against Audi.
I know it is a joke, but you realize that the CM hate really stemmed from the idiot actress and what she said IRL and had nothing to do with the actual movie itself,  other than the SJWs who want to make it sound like there has never been a woman lead in a big movie before and yay girl power, creating a big something out of nothing.

But none of that will actually make sense and you can just Reeeeeeee at the people more.

Question:

Is it a fact, Jack, that Avengers: Endgame will be shown without an intermission? Or is it just that we don't know one way or the other yet?

Question:

Is it a fact, Jack, that Avengers: Endgame will be shown without an intermission? Or is it just that we don't know one way or the other yet?
I believe Kevin Feige said there will be no intermission. I’m just going to have to miss a scene bc there’s no way I’m making it 3 hours. 

Cinemark added additional movie times.  I just got my ticket for 9:50am on Friday.  I am the ONLY one in the theater so far, and my seat is right smack dab in the middle.

Yep, procrastination pays off once again.  You've never failed me, my friend.

:thumbup:
Was able to get Sunday morning tickets at one of the nicest local theaters in pretty much the same way. Quite a few showings around town added to both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Even a few kicking off before 9 a.m., which is crazy early for current movie releases.

I believe Kevin Feige said there will be no intermission. I’m just going to have to miss a scene bc there’s no way I’m making it 3 hours. 
Probably the same here. With the MCU films, there always seems to be a sweet spot about 1/3 of the way through -- right after the initial round of plot development and set-up happens -- where it's a good time to take a restroom break.

I know it is a joke, but you realize that the CM hate really stemmed from the idiot actress and what she said IRL and had nothing to do with the actual movie itself,  other than the SJWs who want to make it sound like there has never been a woman lead in a big movie before and yay girl power, creating a big something out of nothing.

But none of that will actually make sense and you can just Reeeeeeee at the people more.
I know exactly what she said and the only idiots are the ones who blew it completely out of proportion and misquote it over and over to bring hits to their sites, so they can make money off of the circle jerk. Anyway back to talking about the movies. 

I'm going to see the movie at about 5:30 at a MovieTavern.  I'm really torn here.  On one hand, I have the ability to have beers delivered to my seat at the push of a button all movie long.  On the other hand, it's a long movie and at some point if I'm slugging down cold brews I'll have to pee.  The longer I wait, the longer it will take.  Do I skip beers?  Wait until the second half of the movie? Just do whiskey to reduce volume intake? Wear an adult diaper? Pee in an empty popcorn bucket during a loud battle scene?  It really is a quandary...
don't drink for four hours before the movie, pee during the trailers, drink whiskey. 

745am with the kids Friday.. I thought I was being cool dad planning to take them out of school for the day.  Was gonna have them get ready for school and just keep driving past the school as a surprise.  Come to find out they have Friday off for Battle of Flowers/Fiesta.  They pissed they have to wake up for the 745 time now :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the same here. With the MCU films, there always seems to be a sweet spot about 1/3 of the way through -- right after the initial round of plot development and set-up happens -- where it's a good time to take a restroom break.
I'm thinking I'll run out during the "I like this one" scene with Thor and CM, since I've pretty much seen that between the trailers and what they showed on Kimmel.  The fear is that it'll be too early in the movie.

Polish Hammer said:
I intend to drink multiple tasty craft brews at Alamo. When I have to pee I’ll wait until after the next action sequence. Then I’ll order anothet beer and head to the can. 

My 14 year old niece is visiting from Europe and she's as big of a Star Wars, Harry Potter & MCU fan that anyone can imagine.

I've got tickets for the very first showing on Wednesday.

Now I feel kinda bad I didn't get one for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions are out from last night's world premiere.  I'll drop this one here. 

#AvengersEndgame premiere I’m at a lost for words!! I witnessed cinematic history. I’ve never cried, laughed & cheered so hard at a movie ever. Y’all are in for a heck of a ride!! This movie will forever change the MCU & how cinematic universes are seen

Thankfully the hype is dying out. 

Peter Sciretta✔@slashfilm

Imagine the best possible version of #AvengersEndgame and somehow the film still surpasses all expectations. I cried 5-6 times. It’s the most emotional, most epic, MCU film. A tribute to ten years of this universe and holy #### the great fan service in this movie. Soooo good.

Thankfully the hype is dying out. 

Peter Sciretta✔@slashfilm

Imagine the best possible version of #AvengersEndgame and somehow the film still surpasses all expectations. I cried 5-6 times. It’s the most emotional, most epic, MCU film. A tribute to ten years of this universe and holy #### the great fan service in this movie. Soooo good.
Yep, looking at initial reactions it sounds like the Russo's hit another one out of the park.  Think I am going Thursday night after the Eagles pick.

Users who are viewing this thread