What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (3 Viewers)

Regarding the end:

During Tony's memorial the camera pans over the people there Avengers, Spidey & Aunt May, Guardians etc. There is a gangly kid/teen in a suit behind the Guardians. Never seen him before but the camera definitely lingered in him for a beat.

My niece says she checked the cast list and it's apparently the kid from IM2 who almost got blasted by one of the drones because he was wearing an IM mask, then IM saves him. 

So why is that kid at the memorial getting equal screen time despite never having a single line in any film or ever being mentioned at any time? Gotta be foreshadowing something, right?
FYI there is an actual End Game thread with spoilers. Probably should keep all actual movie discussion there. And your question was asked and answered in there already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chaka said:
Regarding the end:

During Tony's memorial the camera pans over the people there Avengers, Spidey & Aunt May, Guardians etc. There is a gangly kid/teen in a suit behind the Guardians. Never seen him before but the camera definitely lingered in him for a beat.

My niece says she checked the cast list and it's apparently the kid from IM2 who almost got blasted by one of the drones because he was wearing an IM mask, then IM saves him. 

So why is that kid at the memorial getting equal screen time despite never having a single line in any film or ever being mentioned at any time? Gotta be foreshadowing something, right?
the kid Tony Stark befriends in Iron Man 3.

Guys, this is how it's done.  Doing one very clearly stated non-spoiler run and a spoiler one in spoiler quotes.

Thanks for posting this @Chaka I can't comment on the spoiler one as I'm hoping to be spoiler free by game time.
NP. I took it to the other thread but I hope they get merged at some point.

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He was there with a date. From the overheard conversation before the movie it was a first date and a double date with other friends. 

When the house lights came up my 10 year old son looked back at them and loud whispered to my wife, "I don't think she is going to go out with him again."

Sinn Fein said:
So, now we are going to a 3:00 AM showing of the movie tonight/tomorrow....
Dayum. I thought we were going crazy here with the 7:45 showings. What part of the country are you that’s supporting 24/7 showings?

Saturday at 7 ima gonna be all middle aged dad white guy nerded out for 3 and a half hours with my kid.

Sunday at 9 ima gonna be all middle aged white guy nerded out for an hour and a half with zombies and dragons.

It's amazing I run a business.
And just wait until Star Wars come out at Christmas :)

Figured I'd repeat this over here in the non-spoiler thread.

I've seen it both in RPX 3D and RPX 2D.  I am a huge fan of 3D normally, but I didn't feel this was a movie that 3D added very much to the experience. I would just go with 2D if anyone is on the fence.

Didn't realize theaters did this, even for huge releases: our biggest local theater complex is devoting 19 of 20 screens to Endgame this weekend. Come Monday, April 29th ... all 20 screens will be showing Endgame. Probably just until Friday, May 3rd, but still.

Do other huge blockbusters take over theaters in this way? If so, I'd never noticed.

Is Avatar's ten-year-old gross sales record finally in serious jeopardy?
The movie theaters of today with the recliner style seating hold so many less people than the old style seating theaters, so the only way to accommodate this many people is to keep it showing more times and with more screens than ever before. 

The movie theaters of today with the recliner style seating hold so many less people than the old style seating theaters, so the only way to accommodate this many people is to keep it showing more times and with more screens than ever before. 
But it also makes good business sense. Why show a movie that will at best be 80% full when you could show another showing of Endgame and be 100% full?

Wife and I are rolling through the 20+ movie list in MCU chronology (not actual release date) while we let the first couple weeks of Endgame crowds come and go prior to seeing it.  Why hasn’t Ruffalo been given a stand alone movie as Hulk?  Just doesn’t fit in the MCU phases, fear of saturation with that character, Mark doesn’t wanna do one?  He’s quietly one of my favorite characters of the whole ensemble and I wouldn’t mind more of him.  

Wife and I are rolling through the 20+ movie list in MCU chronology (not actual release date) while we let the first couple weeks of Endgame crowds come and go prior to seeing it.  Why hasn’t Ruffalo been given a stand alone movie as Hulk?  Just doesn’t fit in the MCU phases, fear of saturation with that character, Mark doesn’t wanna do one?  He’s quietly one of my favorite characters of the whole ensemble and I wouldn’t mind more of him.  
Probably the biggest reason is Universal still holds the Hulk standalone movie rights

He stole the show in the first Avengers movie, IMO.

I think you're missing out a bit. I don't like crowds but this movie feeds off of crowd energy unlike any other film I have seen.

It’s truly the Avengers’ world. The opening weekend of “Avengers: Endgame” demolished box office records with a stunning $350 million in North America and $1.2 billion worldwide.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2019/film/news/box-office-avengers-endgame-worldwide-1203199601/amp/
So amazing!  The near final numbers are going to be mind boggling about a month from now.

One thing to note, it is not an apples to apples comparison with Infinity War as the release schedule has favored Endgame where it opened every where.  For Infinity War, a couple of key markets, including China, the movie opened a couple of weeks later.

With the combined word of mouth from fans, the high critical reviews and the rewatchability factor, I think Endgame will knock Force Awakens off the top of the domestic chart and maybe catch Avatar for the highest world wide.

Yeah, FTR there is no post credit scene. There is a brief, very, very brief...sound at the very end of the credits. I have no idea what it means and I doubt even the deepest divers come up with a credible explanation.
Spoiler:

imo it's the sound from Iron Man 1 of Tony Stark hammering out his first suit of armor in that cave. Kind of an homage. That's the only thing I can think of.

ConnSKINS26 said:
Oh really? Awesome, felt like a genius when I thought of it in the theater and people were murmuring questions ha. But it fit perfectly.
There's actually two theories.  Actually, three but I think the third is far less likely. Check the spoiler thread.

I thought that was verified by Marvel? I could swear it was posted as such in the other thread.
He added an edit that he saw an article that had said that, but that the article could be wrong.

I searched just now. Looks like Vanity Fair is the source of the claim that Disney confirmed it, but they don't give details beyond that statement.

He added an edit that he saw an article that had said that, but that the article could be wrong.

I searched just now. Looks like Vanity Fair is the source of the claim that Disney confirmed it, but they don't give details beyond that statement.
Okay, fair enough. But someone else posted that

side-by-side they sound pretty much identical
 I hope it's wrong honestly, because if people are willing to be patient, which I doubt is very much, and give Marvel another 10-15 movies to build it up I love the possibilities of the main theory we are considering.

Then again virtually every other theory going into Endgame was off, the ones that were close are more due to human minds being wired to search for patterns than actually being correct,  so I'm not holding my breath.

That one guy said:
From what I remember reading, there are several reasons why they have no plans to make another Hulk movie. The first one didn’t do very well at the box office. It was the lowest earning MCU film by a large amount. 

I also saw that the scenes with Hulk in them are more costly to make. So adding in that they are fearful the cost would be high but the return a lot lower, they would rather invest in other movies with less risk.

Lastly, I have also seen that they feel Hulk as a character is better utilized in small doses and there was some concern if they could make a two hour movie using the same formula that has worked in comic relief, limited screen time segments. Essentially, they like Hulk more as a supporting character than a headliner. 

Personally, I was not a huge fan of how they used Hulk in the most recent movie, but that’s a different discussion. 

Took the boys to watch it.  11 year old had to go to the bathroom but wouldn't go alone.  Missed 5 mins there which proved to be critical to the plot.

Then 13 year old's contacts went blurry in one eye. He is sitting two seats to my left with the 11 yr old in between us.  The 11 yr old is tugging on my arm and crying.  I look over and he says "He's blind!" and I whisper back, "No, he can see fine.  Look he's still fighting Thanos." 

The 11yr old says again, "No, it's Peak13, he's blind!  He can't see the movie!"  I look over at the 13yr old and now he's crying, holding his eye with one hand and pointing to it with the other. I get him to lean over and he whispers that his contact moved and his right eye is all black.  He's freaking out.

I feel like a schmuck.  So I grab him and go out to the bathroom. He gets there, rips out both contacts and says let's go back!  I ask if he can see, if he's ok.  He just says "Yes" and storms off.  That's about another 10mins as I slow him down and make sure his eyes are ok.  He sits in his seat and mad because everything is blurry and he can't see.  He just keep huffing and loudly whispers he wants to leave.  The 11 yr old is into it and doesn't want to move.  I'm stuck with people around us staring.  I get the 13 yr old to relax and just sit still. 

All of this happens during the final battle.  I have no idea what happened.    The 11 yr old continued to talk about the movie on the way home, explaining to us why/how it was the greatest movie ever!  The 13yr old and I just stared at him and asked him to not spoil anything as we missed the ending.  The 11yr old just looks at us slyly and starts talking.  I think the 13yr old wants to throw him out of the car. I bribe him with some ice cream and he's quiet.  All weekend he just kept looking at me saying, "Hey Dad!  Guess what happened!"  

I'm going to have to go back this weekend to watch it again.  By myself.  My 11 yr old is grounded in his room alone until I watch the movie.

Are we still spoiler free in here?  I'm afraid to read any of these long posts.  Got my tickets for Sunday morning.  Have to make it through the week without reading anything.

Users who are viewing this thread