What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (19 Viewers)

It’s not so much  that I liked her, and her scenes definitely strained credulity… it really made no sense for her to be the archer who saved the day… and when wong came to get Shang chi at the end he should totally have left her there and closed that circle thing behind him.  But she was the only one with a personality.  Shang chi could have been played by almost any actor with fighting skills and you wouldn’t notice a change in the movie.  If she was jar jar, he was Hayden Chrysanthemum. 
Even Finn Jones?

i watched the rest and the second half was even better i fricken loved it take that to the bank brohans

Liked Shang Chi, solid origin stand alone Marvel film. I don’t see myself watching it over and over again like the best Marvel movies though.

Favorite parts were the nods to films like Crouching Tiger, and even Kung Fu Hustle.

So the new Marvel animated show Hit Monkey just dropped on Hulu. I'm pretty sure no one else is watching or knows about it but it's hilarious and extremely over the top with blood and violence so not for the younger crowd.

Liked Shang Chi, solid origin stand alone Marvel film. I don’t see myself watching it over and over again like the best Marvel movies though.

Favorite parts were the nods to films like Crouching Tiger, and even Kung Fu Hustle.
Yeah I've watched the movies up to Endgame multiple times - twice in timeline order during the last two years.

So far (albeit a small sample size) while I liked both Black Window and Shang-Chi, I don't see multiple viewings in the future. I doubt Eternals changes that much, but we do have Spider Man to look forward to.

I think losing Cap America and Iron Man is going to be a blow - it may never be the same.

Yeah I've watched the movies up to Endgame multiple times - twice in timeline order during the last two years.

So far (albeit a small sample size) while I liked both Black Window and Shang-Chi, I don't see multiple viewings in the future. I doubt Eternals changes that much, but we do have Spider Man to look forward to.

I think losing Cap America and Iron Man is going to be a blow - it may never be the same.
Some of it is just fatigue a little too. All the Avengers I have seen many, many times, same with Winter Soldier. Cap1, Guardians1, IM1, Spidey Homecoming, Ant-Man are the origin ones I’ve seen a tons of times, even Thor1 a bunch early on in the run, but the rest of the origin films I don’t tend to watch over and over again anymore. I really liked Dr Strange in the theater but still didn’t bother to watch it more than a few times. I haven’t seen Captain Marvel since the first time. Guardians2, Wasp, Far from Home, BP, even Ragnarock only a handful of times each. I stopped buying the Blu-Ray’s years ago and these used to be day 1 purchases for me as I was that big of a fan.

Strangely enough I have seen IM3 a bunch and it’s my least favorite Marvel movie, just was on TV a lot so had it on in the background.

So the new Marvel animated show Hit Monkey just dropped on Hulu. I'm pretty sure no one else is watching or knows about it but it's hilarious and extremely over the top with blood and violence so not for the younger crowd.
Saw this when I went into Hulu the other day.  Will check it out.

Does he find joy in his job? Don't answer if that's a spoiler.

Saw this when I went into Hulu the other day.  Will check it out.

Does he find joy in his job? Don't answer if that's a spoiler.
Only 2 Ep in so no answers yet.

ETA Jason Sudeikis is tremendous in this

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckna said:
Strangely enough I have seen IM3 a bunch and it’s my least favorite Marvel movie, just was on TV a lot so had it on in the background.
I would love to know how you found enjoyment in Thor the dark world.  When I first got disney plus I watched them in chronological order and when I got to that one I was like oh yeah I remember seeing part of this.  Then I got halfway through and I was like holy crap I didn’t remember that happening that explains that scene from endgame.  I didn’t just forget it happened, I literally never saw it.  But I clearly remembered some early scenes. Which means that It was so forgettable that I didn’t even remember giving up on it. And when I got to the end I envied my former self for having had the good sense not to try 

This is about where I am.   Despite not being huge on action/cgi I've really enjoyed most of the movies, but my interest wanes more when it gets too much in space or weird - Thor, Dr. Strange, and Guardians are my least favorites probably and the Cpt America, Spidey,  and Iron Man have been some of my favorites.  

just so its said in civil war thor totally would have gone with captain american for sure and would have groot axed the hell out of iron nerd ending the war in about 2 seconds if he hadnt already known that cappy was more than a match for the iron turd take that to the bank brohans 

This is about where I am.   Despite not being huge on action/cgi I've really enjoyed most of the movies, but my interest wanes more when it gets too much in space or weird - Thor, Dr. Strange, and Guardians are my least favorites probably and the Cpt America, Spidey,  and Iron Man have been some of my favorites.  
Opposite for me. 

So it looks like Eternals will be the first MCU movie I won't see in theaters.  It was already the first I didn't see on opening weekend.  Just can't get excited about it.  I'll catch it on Disney+.

I'm cautiously optimistic for Hawkeye on the 24th, will definitely be watching.  May check out Hit Monkey. 

Been staying away from this thread as I've been behind a bit. 

My 12 year old daughter has been my MCU buddy the last year or so.

We started What If a while ago but only got through a couple episodes. Still need to circle back there. 

We just watched Shang Chi today. Solid flick but nothing amazing. Almost didn't feel like an MCU movie but more like a Disney or other movie? IDK how else to explain. Maybe just the lack of familiar characters. It wasnt bad though. Dude could do some serious damage with those rings in future movies. The after credits scene helped tie back in to MCU.

We also watched the first two episodes of Hawkeye. Not bad bro. I like how the tied the battle of NY into it. Best thing about the MCU is all the threads that connect everything.

Haven't seen Eternals yet. Trying not to read anything about it but it doesn't sound like much of a success. Hopefully I'll go into that one with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
So I was pleasantly surprised with the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye, I thought the second was better, it had a lot more humor sprinkled throughout it.  Looking forward to the 3rd episode.

At this point I'm just waiting for Eternals on Disney+.  I have not actively tried to avoid spoilers and I've had no issue with it, which seems to indicate there's not much worth spoiling.

So I was pleasantly surprised with the first 2 episodes of Hawkeye, I thought the second was better, it had a lot more humor sprinkled throughout it.  Looking forward to the 3rd episode.

At this point I'm just waiting for Eternals on Disney+.  I have not actively tried to avoid spoilers and I've had no issue with it, which seems to indicate there's not much worth spoiling.
I suggest you hold your breath until you see Eternals, or at least as long as you can.  Time it, then try to beat that time.

Why do I suggest this?  It will be more entertaining than the movie itself.

I like it but even though Kate is a champion Martial Artist it’s hard to believe a 16 year old girl is able to fight and beat a bunch of grown men who are trained “soldiers”. I get it though.

Users who are viewing this thread