What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (5 Viewers)

Kathryn Hahn is AMAZING. 

That scene where they showed Wanda watching her 1950s self and Vision saying welcome home was so dope. God this show rules. 
Agreed on Hahn.  She was a bit annoying in the, admittedly, very few things I've seen her in.  But she's great in this show.

I was hoping the letter was from Mephisto. Still could be so, manipulating her emotions and making her think it was from Vision.
A couple things here.  When Wanda was talking to the camera Office/Modern Family style, she mentions something about "he", right?  Mephisto?

But aside from the comics, where there's a history with Wanda & Mephisto, why would this show bring in Mephisto without at least some hints/cameos*?  I would imagine the reactions when Mephisto appears from behind the curtain:

Comics nerd - Holy crap it's Mephisto!

Average viewer - Holy crap.... there's a devil, now?

There's likely more of the latter watching this show.

* Or did Mephisto appear in some post-credit scene I missed?

was right about this not being the Fox Quiksilver as wel
Not so fast my friend.  Agatha can't create a new person, not does she raise the dead. It's still a possibility. We saw last episode that Agatha was behind Fietro. We also know that Fietro shared similar memories as Wanda. It's possible that Agatha tricked Wanda into manipulating those memories, but they didn't match up with Wanda's version.  We even hear Wanda recognize that Fietro isn't really her brother and tells her boys the same. Agatha doesn't know all the memories, this taking Wanda through the perverted "This is your life" trip down memory lane. We know Agatha doesn't do necromancy, but that's not to say she (or the deity she worships) doesn't  use alt dimensions. It's a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
So was Agatha already living there or did she come after sensing the magic?  She said there were thousands of spells cast in that basement over time — hers or is that some nexus spot there?

So was Agatha already living there or did she come after sensing the magic?  She said there were thousands of spells cast in that basement over time — hers or is that some nexus spot there?
I think she said something along the lines of I felt all the power here and had to come see what it was. I can’t answer the second part

I believe the emergency awesome nerd said she felt thousands of magic spells being cast at once so she headed over. 

A couple things here.  When Wanda was talking to the camera Office/Modern Family style, she mentions something about "he", right?  Mephisto?

But aside from the comics, where there's a history with Wanda & Mephisto, why would this show bring in Mephisto without at least some hints/cameos*?  I would imagine the reactions when Mephisto appears from behind the curtain:

You're probably right and he's not involved at all. 

That episode was wonderful, but how can they possibly wrap all of this up in one more show?
Kind of let down that all these “the episodes get longer!” rumors ended up incorrect. Assuming the finale is not 2 hours plus.

So ... all those “official” pronouncements of long episodes to come ... based on known (?) series runtime divided number of remaining episodes. That was BS? The actual series runtime was never actually known to the public in advance, just rumored?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was hoping the letter was from Mephisto. Still could be so, manipulating her emotions and making her think it was from Vision.

My off-the-cuff reaction was the letter / deed was from Mephisto, leading her to Westview where Agatha was ready/waiting. In Agatha's basement, there's an ominous growling sound seemingly coming from behind the doors as they go through the flashbacks. It seems to me Agatha might be serving some more powerful master.

They have a lot to wrap up next week though, especially given the short running-times.

Kind of let down that all these “the episodes get longer!” rumors ended up incorrect. Assuming the finale is not 2 hours plus.

So ... all those “official” pronouncements of long episodes to come ... based on known (?) series runtime divided number of remaining episodes. That was BS? The actual series runtime was never actually known to the public in advance, just rumored?
It would be so awesome if the series concluded with an epic feature-length finale.

Not so fast my friend.  Agatha can't create a new person, not does she raise the dead. It's still a possibility. We saw last episode that Agatha was behind Fietro. We also know that Fietro shared similar memories as Wanda. It's possible that Agatha tricked Wanda into manipulating those memories, but they didn't match up with Wanda's version.  We even hear Wanda recognize that Fietro isn't really her brother and tells her boys the same. Agatha doesn't know all the memories, this taking Wanda through the perverted "This is your life" trip down memory lane. We know Agatha doesn't do necromancy, but that's not to say she (or the deity she worships) doesn't  use alt dimensions. It's a possibility.
Agatha wiped away a tear while doing this and Wanda didn't see it so wasn't sarcasm. That leads me to believe that she is being strong armed into doing this to Wanda. I also liked when she called her toots. 

I fear this finale is going to encompass all emotions from WTF just happened?, to THAT WAS AWESOME, to Damnit now I have to wait until ____ movie comes out?! and then even some inevitable letdown (most likely around expected cameos or lack of, rumors and hype, etc)
Yeah, I expect it to be a great conclusion to the series.  Sad it's ending but it was really well done and will no doubt feel the reverberations into the next set of movies.  Will wait on my son again so I'm sure there will be 100 messages before I can even watch it :)

Yeah, I expect it to be a great conclusion to the series.  Sad it's ending but it was really well done and will no doubt feel the reverberations into the next set of movies.  Will wait on my son again so I'm sure there will be 100 messages before I can even watch it :)
I hope you are right, I just really fear a major let down after the great run and all the rumors.

Kid and I are re-watching from the beginning tonight and rolling into tomorrows finale.  But we won't see it until the evening so I'll avoid this thread tomorrow.

I fear this finale is going to encompass all emotions from WTF just happened?, to THAT WAS AWESOME, to Damnit now I have to wait until ____ movie comes out?! and then even some inevitable letdown (most likely around expected cameos or lack of, rumors and hype, etc)
Well at least we don’t have to wait all that long for the next Marvel show.  Sam and Bucky have a high bar to clear though

Setting my alarm for 3am
Me too....but for different reasons.  Heading to work early.  I'll be watching it around 10am, and then again about 3pm with my son.  Should be an action packed hour.  Looking forward to it.  Really hoping FatWS is just as good as WV has been.  Definitely a step above most of the Netflix shows.

:popcorn:

Some people on Facebook are upset about it.  Unexpected and ep 9 isn't as good as the others, but overall it was a great season. 

:popcorn:

Some people on Facebook are upset about it.  Unexpected and ep 9 isn't as good as the others, but overall it was a great season. 
Yeah it was a let down since I was just waiting for something epic.  But a great show. 

How could anybody refer to this episode as a let down?  No outside cameos?  No big bad behind Agatha?  Holy crap. That was the best Marvel material besides Endgame and you’re letting your own expectations diminish it.

Good night, that was awesome. Great wrap-up to the series. 

Bravo boys. Bra-####-ing-vo. 

How could anybody refer to this episode as a let down?  No outside cameos?  No big bad behind Agatha?  Holy crap. That was the best Marvel material besides Endgame and you’re letting your own expectations diminish it.

Good night, that was awesome. Great wrap-up to the series. 

Bravo boys. Bra-####-ing-vo. 

Minor gripes, but I'll say them anyway. For the most part you're right, that it's our own expectations getting in the way. This episode was rushed, but we knew it would be.

SPOILERS, so don't read on unless you're seen it. 

No Darcy. I get that she was in the van, but that was it.

I'm okay with fietro, but I wanted something from señor scratchy.

The fight with white vision was entirely too short. (I get it, it's one episode and they weren't the key but all that build up for seemingly nothing)

The line about witches not being able to perform magic in another witch's domain, after Agatha has clearly been performing magic. I assume there's a spell that prevents others from performing but that was too easy. 

Honestly, to have met our expectations would have taken another season. There apparently will be a season 2, so that's promising.

I can't put WV in the elite tier of MCU, but it was an A+ by any other measure. I'll put daredevil above it for shows, and the best seasons of SHIELD. But yeah, very well done all around.

Minor gripes, but I'll say them anyway. For the most part you're right, that it's our own expectations getting in the way. This episode was rushed, but we knew it would be.

The fight with white vision was entirely too short. (I get it, it's one episode and they weren't the key but all that build up for seemingly nothing)

The line about witches not being able to perform magic in another witch's domain, after Agatha has clearly been performing magic. I assume there's a spell that prevents others from performing but that was too easy. 

Honestly, to have met our expectations would have taken another season. There apparently will be a season 2, so that's promising.

I can't put WV in the elite tier of MCU, but it was an A+ by any other measure. I'll put daredevil above it for shows, and the best seasons of SHIELD. But yeah, very well done all around.
Re: Agatha’s magic abilities inside the hex. The runes are what prevent another witch from using magic. Wanda was casting the rune spells while Agatha was distracted thinking that Wanda was surrendering her magic to her. If you watch, she missed some shots that are casting the rune spells right in front of us. 

Re: Agatha’s magic abilities inside the hex. The runes are what prevent another witch from using magic. Wanda was casting the rune spells while Agatha was distracted thinking that Wanda was surrendering her magic to her. If you watch, she missed some shots that are casting the rune spells right in front of us. 
Yeah, that makes sense but it was still over quicker than I'd have liked and makes Agatha look far dumber/ more trusting than she is. 

Yeah, that makes sense but it was still over quicker than I'd have liked and makes Agatha look far dumber/ more trusting than she is. 
Classic villain who thinks he/she is smarter than their adversary and lets their guard down.  Agatha was busy absorbing the shots.  She just stood there so she could get hit and absorb Wanda's magic.  She was too cocky to realize Wanda was missing intentionally to set up her trap.  I thought it was very well done, and it shows just how quickly Wanda can learn, process, and use information/magical abilities.  The final end credit scene was a great tease into DrS MVoM.

Where did your hear about a season 2? I thought this was one and done.

Where did your hear about a season 2? I thought this was one and done.
The director said he'd leave the door open for a S2.  Nothing's been written or approved.  Marvel doing their due diligence to keep the money flowing.  If people want a S2, they'll find a way to do a S2.

The director said he'd leave the door open for a S2.  Nothing's been written or approved.  Marvel doing their due diligence to keep the money flowing.  If people want a S2, they'll find a way to do a S2.
I may have misheard this morning. It looks like it was just a tumor.

Classic villain who thinks he/she is smarter than their adversary and lets their guard down.  Agatha was busy absorbing the shots.  She just stood there so she could get hit and absorb Wanda's magic.  She was too cocky to realize Wanda was missing intentionally to set up her trap.  I thought it was very well done, and it shows just how quickly Wanda can learn, process, and use information/magical abilities.  The final end credit scene was a great tease into DrS MVoM.
I guess. But she had been around for hundreds of years. It's fine, just caught me as somewhat off-putting at the time.

Then Wanda changes the town back and leaves. Presumably the hex is still on Agnes, but how strong can it really be when all the other town folk are back to normal and Wanda is not even there?

I guess. But she had been around for hundreds of years. It's fine, just caught me as somewhat off-putting at the time.

Then Wanda changes the town back and leaves. Presumably the hex is still on Agnes, but how strong can it really be when all the other town folk are back to normal and Wanda is not even there?
Pretty strong since Wanda is basically the most powerful being on Earth probably. Her powers literally allow her to manipulate reality. 

I liked the call back to Age of Ultron when she sneaked up on Agatha and touched her head to give her the hallucination (or whatever you call it).

Agatha mentions the Darkhold says the Scarlet Witch is more powerful than even the Sorcerer Supreme.  Interesting since the expectation is we will see some confrontation between Sr Stange and Wanda in MVoM movie.  Not being a comic book guy, is the Darkhold infallible?   Just hoping Scarlet Witch doesn’t become the magical Captain Marvel/Dues ex Machina since Dr Strange has shown himself quite powerful in his movies so far. 

was really hoping for a dr strange appearance.  nice tie in at the end though.

the dark hold is the book from AoS, correct?

where did white vision go?  did i miss that?

and interesting that wanda has some of the mind stone in her.  i wonder how literal that is supposed to be.

Users who are viewing this thread