What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (6 Viewers)

Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil last night with the wife. We were both impressed.

I like that they made his whole world be directly connected to the attack on New York from Avengers. Obviously not true cannon from the comics but for the new young audience that Marvel is building it is has a nice cohesiveness.

Watched the first two episodes of Daredevil last night with the wife. We were both impressed.

I like that they made his whole world be directly connected to the attack on New York from Avengers. Obviously not true cannon from the comics but for the new young audience that Marvel is building it is has a nice cohesiveness.
Yeah I was thinking that too. They kept referencing stuff falling from the sky.

So I'm playing Marvel's Contest of Champions, with the TV tuned to Marvel's Daredevil (after watching Marvel's Avengers yesterday), with my laptop open to a thread on the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

:oldunsure:

:nerd: :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, may need to get netflix just for this. Always liked DD. He and Silver Surfer were a couple of my favorites as a kid.
If you're talking like $8-10 for the month of streaming, it's totally worth it. DD is awesome
And with netflix the first month is free so you could binge on Daredevil, House of Cards, etc. and not pay a thing.
And Netflix is worth it general for the fee. The streaming catalog they have for TV shows is second to none (the movies still suck)

So at the end of xmen days of future past, what's the point of mystique being Stryker?
The point was symmetry with earlier in the film where Mystique was masquerading as a military character to save mutants from government experimentation in Vietnam. She is there to save Wolverine from experimentation.

So at the end of xmen days of future past, what's the point of mystique being Stryker?
The point was symmetry with earlier in the film where Mystique was masquerading as a military character to save mutants from government experimentation in Vietnam. She is there to save Wolverine from experimentation.
So new wolverine doesn't have the adamentium skeleton and claws?
Maybe who knows.

Riversco said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
Riversco said:
Leeroy Jenkins said:
So new wolverine doesn't have the adamentium skeleton and claws?
Maybe who knows.
I was wondering the same. Seems like an odd way to end the movie. Obviously they messed with the timeline to get back everyone from the original 3 movies but can they really move ahead without Wolverine and his adamantium?

Maybe she was just saving him from the local cops and the just concluded events.

I really want to watch Daredevil with my 8 and 11 year old sons who are into everything Marvel, but afraid it's too dark. Probably gonna watch a few episodes myself first.
Mine are 9 and 11, hoping that it's ok for them. They are really excited about it especially my oldest.
It's really not ok for kids, unfortunately. Maybe 13+ but not 8 and probably not 11.

The violence is realistic and brutal. Broken bones jutting out, torture, murder. Bad things happen to woman and kids. At one point a rib is removed, by hand, from a ribcage (granted its a corpse) but it's extremely graphic.

The violence is akin to the Walking dead, except this isn't happening to the "undead" but human beings.

Just some difficult to watch scenes not limited to: torture, compound fractures, beheading, knife/gunshot wounds, child abuse, spousal abuse, woman being attacked, sex slavery, child slavery etc.

We still don't even know how Wolverine got back his metal claws in the future of Days of Future Past.

Singer speculated that it could have been Magneto who gave them back to him in some fashion before the movie was released but I don't think there was even a throw away line in the movie about them.

So, this is odd

I started reading some of the prequel books for the secret wars

Just read amazing spider man #251

In it, spidey comes across a big structure in central park. Says he wonders if it is something for the next George Lucas movie extravaganza.

That book was from 1964. Was Lucas making big movies like that. I googled it but nothing came up.

So, this is odd

I started reading some of the prequel books for the secret wars

Just read amazing spider man #251

In it, spidey comes across a big structure in central park. Says he wonders if it is something for the next George Lucas movie extravaganza.

That book was from 1964. Was Lucas making big movies like that. I googled it but nothing came up.
http://www.comicvine.com/the-amazing-spider-man-251-endings/4000-24191/

This says released in 1984....
definitely 84, i own that comic... remember buying it at the supermarket. I wasn't born in 64

Weird. On my marvel unlimited app it says 1963. I was off by a year in my OP.

84 makes a lot more sense though

Age of Ultron cast on Jimmy Kimmel right now.
It's available on demand as well. They said once they got done filming Kimmel they were going across the street for the world premiere. Every one of them seemed high or drunk for a good chunk of the show. Loved the Family Fued cut to commercial when they come back and Scarlet has Hemsworth and Downey's name tags over her boobs.

Saw the Fantastic Four trailer for the reboot. Looked interesting. Was never one of my favorites so I didn't follow it closely but it looks like they are messing with canon a bit. I mean more than the black Human Torch.

Saw the Fantastic Four trailer for the reboot. Looked interesting. Was never one of my favorites so I didn't follow it closely but it looks like they are messing with canon a bit. I mean more than the black Human Torch.
I I think it looks terrible and am pretty butthurt, Doom is my boy.

Unlimited lists series by it's start date on some parts of the site/ap. I think always right next to the title. If you are on the "read now"/"add to library" screen you can see the published date.

Thought it looked good but worried about some of the changes. Sue and Johnny Storm are siblings, is now one adopted?

If I were Marvel and the studio - I would reshoot a quick 45-60 second after credit scene for Age of Ultron where some or all of the team are near the final battle scene somehow and the camera pans to a photographer taking pictures with a press badge in his pocket that you can barely read - all you see is "Daily" and after he snaps a few shots one of the team sees the flash, looks over at him and says, hey, what's your name? Photographer responds, "Peter." Avenger looks at him and says, What are you doing here? And Peter smirks. End scene.

That's the perfect nergasm type of end credit scene for this, isn't it?

If I were Marvel and the studio - I would reshoot a quick 45-60 second after credit scene for Age of Ultron where some or all of the team are near the final battle scene somehow and the camera pans to a photographer taking pictures with a press badge in his pocket that you can barely read - all you see is "Daily" and after he snaps a few shots one of the team sees the flash, looks over at him and says, hey, what's your name? Photographer responds, "Peter." Avenger looks at him and says, What are you doing here? And Peter smirks. End scene.

That's the perfect nergasm type of end credit scene for this, isn't it?
That didn't look right to me.

Also hard to trust the research from any site that thinks the word is "coup" is spelled "coo".

Marvel stayed in the family for the selection of the directors for Infinity War Part 1 and 2.

The Russo Brothers (Anthony and Joe) have been chosen to run the huge two parter Avengers story.

They also directed The Winter Soldier and are currently working on Captain America: Civil War right now.

Civil War looks like it will be almost a mini Avengers movie as Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, and Hawkeye are all confirmed to be in the movie.

As a huge Weadon fan I am sad he is not taking Infinity War on but I thought Winter Soldier was very solid and have some faith that the brothers can continue this epic run.
Elizabeth Olsen has confirmed she will appear in Captain America: Civil War as Scarlet Witch.

1963 is when that particular title started. That's what the app is showing you. Some of their dates of issue are wrong though as you'll notice as you use more.

For anyone like me, who used to read some comics back in the day, I have really become obsessed with the Marvel Civil War series. I know that there will be some of that stuff in Cap America 3

I signed up for a free month of Marvel Unlimited using the code StarWars

I then used this list from a site that NetnautX sent me (thanks again)

I have been going in order and there has only been one book I have not been able to read, but I did read a fan summary. Only issue now is whether I get the full year sub or pay monthly. Im not sure I can get done with it in my free month

Here is the full list for those that are interested.

Marvel Unlimited Event Reading Order The Road to Civil War

• Amazing Spider-Man #529 – #530
  • New Avengers: Illuminati
  • Fantastic Four #536 – #537
  • Amazing Spider-Man #531
  • Civil War: Opening Shot #1
Stamford Bomb

• Civil War #1
  • She-Hulk #8
  • Wolverine #42
  • X-Factor #8
  • New Avengers #21
  • Black Panther #17
  • Civil War: Front Line #1
  • Amazing Spider-Man #532
The Act Passes / Sides Are Chosen

• Civil War #2
  • Amazing Spider-Man #533
  • Civil War: Front Line #2
  • She-Hulk #9
  • Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts #103
  • New Avengers #22
  • Blade #4
  • Sensational Spider-Man #28
  • X-Factor #9
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #11 – #13
Opening Shots

• Civil War: Front Line #3
  • Heroes For Hire #1
  • Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1 – #4
  • Dark Avengers/Thunderbolts #104 – #105
  • Cable & Deadpool #30
  • Fantastic Four #538
  • New X-Men #28 – #32Not direct tie-ins but connect to Storm’s events in Black Panther #18
[*]Black Panther #18
[*]Civil War: Frontline #4
[*]Daredevil #87
  • Another indirect tie-in that explains Daredevil’s appearances during Civil War
[*]Civil War: Choosing Sides #1
[*]Black Panther #19
[*]Iron Man #13
[*]Black Panther #20
[*]Civil War: Front Line #5
[*]Sensational Spider-Man #29 – #31
War

• Civil War #3
  • Civil War #4
  • Civil War: Front Line #6
  • Cable & Deadpool #31 – #32
  • Wolverine #43 – #45
  • Captain America #22 – #23
  • Civil War: Front Line #7
  • Amazing Spider-Man #534
  • Fantastic Four #539
  • Black Panther #21 – #22
  • Civil War: X-Men #1 – #4
  • Heroes For Hire #2 – #3
  • Ms. Marvel #6 – #8
  • New Avengers #23 – #24
  • Civil War: The Return
  • Captain America/Iron Man: Casualties of War
  • Wolverine #46 – #47
  • Black Panther #23
  • Captain America #24
  • Civil War: Front Line #8
Introspection

• Wolverine #48
  • Fantastic Four #540
  • Amazing Spider-Man #535
  • Civil War #5
  • Punisher War Journal #1
  • Fantastic Four #541
  • Civil War: War Crimes #1
  • Civil War: Front Line #9
  • Moon Knight #7 – #10
  • Fantastic Four #542
  • Amazing Spider-Man #536
  • Iron Man #14
  • Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man #14 – #16
  • Blade #5
  • Sensational Spider-Man #32 – #34
  • Winter Solider: Winter Kills #1
Final Battle

• Amazing Spider-Man #537
  • Black Panther #24
  • Punisher War Journal #2
  • Civil War #6
  • Punisher War Journal #3
  • New Avengers #25
  • Civil War: Front Line #10
  • Civil War #7
  • Black Panther #25
Conclusion

• Amazing Spider-Man #538 – #539
  • Fantastic Four #543
  • Civil War: Front Line #11
  • Ghost Rider #8Very loose tie-in so passable if you want to get to the real meat below.
[*]Captain America #25
[*]Civil War: Fallen Son #1 – #5
[*]Civil War: The Initiative #1
[*]Civil War: The Confession
http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-complete-marvel-reading-order-guide/guide-part-7-civil-war/

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread