Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Marvel Cinematic Universe - WandaVision was a Masterpiece. Falcon and the Winter Soldier Now Showing.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guy sitting behind us was having one hell of an experience. He threw out so many "Oh my God"s that I was genuinely concerned for him. Then he loud cried for the last 15 minutes without pause. He w

well done guys!  You had to pollute one of the few threads that is not stained with what ever political side you support.

Pepper Potts’s head

23 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

My expectations were high due to the first one.  Just really underwhelmed... villain was lame

It gave us some hope for the next one with the golden pricks.

1 hour ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Finally watched Guardians 2 the other day...kinda sucked

I still can't fathom why anyone would think that was a good film.

I can only understand them the way I understand Star Wars prequel loyalists. I accept that they exist, but they live in their own corner of the universe, a planet or two away from the die-hard Trump loyalists and Nickelback fans. 

• 2 weeks later...

Inhumans Premiers tonight! Someone fire up an official thread.

Wasn't excited at first but liking the later trailers a lot better than the first. Was a little concerned some of their powers would not translate to the screen well, particularly Medusa's and Black Bolts. Latest trailer has a spoiler for how they will deal with that for... 

Medusa, looks like Maximus captures her and shaves her head after the first 30 or 45 mins of the episode.

24 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Inhumans Premiers tonight! Someone fire up an official thread.

Wasn't excited at first but liking the later trailers a lot better than the first. Was a little concerned some of their powers would not translate to the screen well, particularly Medusa's and Black Bolts. Latest trailer has a spoiler for how they will deal with that for... 

Reveal hidden contents

Medusa, looks like Maximus captures her and shaves her head after the first 30 or 45 mins of the episode.

They took away your ability to create new threads ;)

56 minutes ago, Hilts said:

It's getting trashed by critics and it's handled by the same guy who made a mess of Iron Fist. I'm out.

Iron Fist was awesome. Seriously don't get the negative vibes about it  

• Like 3

Pretty poorly done opening episode.

I really hate it when a series starts out just jumping right into the main plot, rather than giving you an episode or two to start caring about the characters first. 

Also disappointed with the casting for Karnak. Think he's an intriguing character that a better choice could have knocked it out of the park.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Statorama said:
On 8/2/2017 at 11:55 AM, B Maverick said:

Not sure I will try and finish and move into Gifted. 

Is anyone watching this?  Interested on the take of the board on this one.

There's only so much TV you can watch.

I'm probably more interested in it after 1 episode than in Inhumans after two. Though I wish it was set in the MCU.

There's apparently 1 new character in it, and then a number from the comics.

On 9/20/2017 at 0:08 PM, Dan Lambskin said:

Finally watched Guardians 2 the other day...kinda sucked

I don't know if it was their goal, but every woman and child I've talked to that's seen it has loved it.

I've seen it twice, hoping that I'd like it more after having thought about the first one...and it's way worse a second time.  Not a lot of rewatchability with this one.

Just now, Statorama said:

I don't know if it was their goal, but every woman and child I've talked to that's seen it has loved it.

I've seen it twice, hoping that I'd like it more after having thought about the first one...and it's way worse a second time.  Not a lot of rewatchability with this one.

I really enjoyed it the 2nd and 3rd time I've watched it...but then again my wife tells me I have the mentality of a child, so......ya.... :shrug:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Statorama said:

I watched it on Kodi, then a plane, then again at home with my kids. Enjoyed it each time but this was more up and down than the first, some parts I loved some parts I wanted to skip over. 

Pretty much anything with drax or rocket was great. Ego sucks planetary balls.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Pretty much anything with drax or rocket was great. Ego sucks planetary balls.

I can't get me enough Rocket.  When they were first putting this together, I was sure that was going to be the one thing they'd ef up but he's brilliantly done.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Hawks64 said:

That looks terrible.

i always go with a buddy to all the x-movies and generally enjoy them...  i've passed before.. on ones like the first 2 wolverines..  i'm going to try and talk my way out of this one.  There's not 1 second in that trailer that looks interesting.   Appears they want to make a horror movie.  No thanks

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Dentist said:

i always go with a buddy to all the x-movies and generally enjoy them...  i've passed before.. on ones like the first 2 wolverines..  i'm going to try and talk my way out of this one.  There's not 1 second in that trailer that looks interesting.   Appears they want to make a horror movie.  No thanks

And The New Mutants wasn't a horror comic, makes zero sense.

• Like 3

(Maisie) Williams will play Wolfsbane, a girl struggling to reconcile her religious beliefs with her power to turn into a wolf.

Fitting she gets this power after GoT left some stuff out of Arya.

Agree though, trailer doesn't make me want to see it at all.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Dentist said:

I thought the same thing.  No way this interests me at all - except for Anya Taylor Joy.  She MIGHT make me want to see it.

How can MCU keep knocking it out of the park with the Avengers series and solo films, but keep destroying the X-men and solo films? Obviously not all of them, but you guys know what I mean.

46 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

How can MCU keep knocking it out of the park with the Avengers series and solo films, but keep destroying the X-men and solo films? Obviously not all of them, but you guys know what I mean.

?

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

I am sorry, but I have no idea what this means.

Fox - x men and fantastic 4 suck because it's fox making them. Although Deadpool was good.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Marvel Studios does all the guys you see in Avengers and such. 

Fox Studios does xmen, wolverine, fantastic 4, and lost Spiderman to Marvel because they were so bad with it.

Oh, thanks. I got confused with that trailer linked in here. Can someone take those things away from Fox? I would donate to help.

Edited by msudaisy26
2 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Oh, thanks. I got confused with that trailer linked in here. Can someone take those things away from Fox? I would donate to help.

Its why I said "Warning".

But lots of comic fans hope for better offerings from Foxs part of the comics universe, like Oz mentioned with Deadpool. Figured it was was worth a look for most people.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Peak said:

:unsure::no:

He probably enjoyed episodes I - III just as much as IV-VI as well.

Edited by Jayrod
13 hours ago, BigSteelThrill said:

Marvel Studios does all the guys you see in Avengers and such. 

Fox Studios does xmen, wolverine, fantastic 4, and lost Spiderman to Marvel because they were so bad with it.

I thought Spiderman was Sony. Not Fox. And they didnt really lose it.

11 minutes ago, TheFanatic said:

I thought so too. And didn't they sell it back to make some cash to stay afloat?

Sony still owns Spiderman. They have a deal with Marvel Studios where Sony lent Spiderman to Marvel so he could appear in Marvel movies (Civil War and Avengers 3&4)  and Marvel would lend some of it's characters to Sony to appear in Spiderman movies. That's why Ironman was in Spiderman Homecoming. Marvel Studios produced Homecoming even though it was a Sony release. I believe there agreement ends after Spiderman appears in 5 Marvel Studios Movies. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, steeler6 said:

Sony still owns Spiderman. They have a deal with Marvel Studios where Sony lent Spiderman to Marvel so he could appear in Marvel movies (Civil War and Avengers 3&4)  and Marvel would lend some of it's characters to Sony to appear in Spiderman movies. That's why Ironman was in Spiderman Homecoming. Marvel Studios produced Homecoming even though it was a Sony release. I believe there agreement ends after Spiderman appears in 5 Marvel Studios Movies. 

1) Civil War

2) Homecoming

3) Infinity War

4) Untitled Avengers 4

5) Untitled Spider-Man 2

• Like 2
  • Corporation changed the title to Marvel Cinematic Universe - WandaVision was a Masterpiece. Falcon and the Winter Soldier Now Showing.