What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (7 Viewers)

I think the best thing they can do is have Thanos  kill off several characters, but not die himself in defeat to the rest of the Avengers. He is supposed to be the baddest of the bad guys, he shouldn't die over the two movies, just lose and retreat to come up with a new plan to go after the stones. 

I think Black Widow and Vision will die. Send Hulk into a huge rage and Scarlet Witch will get crazy. That isn’t my bet. 

Love me some short haired blond Widow and Wasp. 

I feel like they have to kill some characters off. My money is on Black Widow. Throws Hulk into a bigger rage. 

I think Black Widow and Vision will die. Send Hulk into a huge rage and Scarlet Witch will get crazy. That isn’t my bet. 

Love me some short haired blond Widow and Wasp. 

Someone mentioned to me that Red Hulk is the most powerful and in the comics plays a part in defeating Thanos.  I could see Black Widow dying causing the Red Hulk to appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned to me that Red Hulk is the most powerful and in the comics plays a part in defeating Thanos.  I could see Black Widow dying causing the Red Hulk to appear.
hmm it would interesting to see that character introduced since he's not been in any of the MCU movies to date and not sure how'd they do it.

The Red Hulk is General Ross in the comics, Betty Ross' father. Bruce's love interest and he is the one who hunted the Hulk

hmm it would interesting to see that character introduced since he's not been in any of the MCU movies to date and not sure how'd they do it.

The Red Hulk is General Ross in the comics, Betty Ross' father. Bruce's love interest and he is the one who hunted the Hulk
That is interesting and I did not know that.

Rumors are that Weadon fought like hell to have a more important character than Quicksilver die in Avengers 2 but was denied.   They could not even approve Rhody dying in Civil War and that was not a major character in any way.

I think the story needs it but I am sure business reasons will override story reasons.
This. Would make for a better story, but I can't see them killing a major/beloved character for money reasons. Plus even though the audience for these encompasses a lot of grown ups, these are still kid-centric movies to a large extent.

And despite the contract issues that the media loves to generate click-bait over, I'm not too concerned they won't get deals done with anyone that they want to continue making films about or with. Evans comments about possibly moving on keep getting brought up but he back tracked on that a long time ago.

This. Would make for a better story, but I can't see them killing a major/beloved character for money reasons. Plus even though the audience for these encompasses a lot of grown ups, these are still kid-centric movies to a large extent.

And despite the contract issues that the media loves to generate click-bait over, I'm not too concerned they won't get deals done with anyone that they want to continue making films about or with. Evans comments about possibly moving on keep getting brought up but he back tracked on that a long time ago.
Come on we watched Old Ben and the Ewok die and we survived it!

I don't think Marvel believes in this business model but if there was ever a movie that seems perfect for a Lord of the Rings quality extended edition, I think this is it.  I bet there is a ton of good material that likely got chopped for time.

So the biggest complaint about Thor was that they reviled too many spoilers in the previews. Now everyone is directing the previews to spoil the movie..... 

And speaking of which. I am super anti-spoiler. If I know I want to see something I don't want to see anything. No scenes from next week. No commercials. It's a tough life. 

Anywho... So everyone hated that the Hulk reveal was spoiled in Thor previews. And then the biggest "cliffhanger" in Thor is whether Banner will ever be able to come back if he swicthes to Hulk again. Now here we are. I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers. Scrolling twitter... This damn preview auto plays in my feed while I'm reading the tweet above it and the first ####### shot in the preview is Banner. So stupid. #### previews. 

a small spoiler was picked up on via the trailer and a lego set to be released

The speculation is that Banner himself is inside the Hulkbuster suit

So the biggest complaint about Thor was that they reviled too many spoilers in the previews. Now everyone is directing the previews to spoil the movie..... 

And speaking of which. I am super anti-spoiler. If I know I want to see something I don't want to see anything. No scenes from next week. No commercials. It's a tough life. 

Anywho... So everyone hated that the Hulk reveal was spoiled in Thor previews. And then the biggest "cliffhanger" in Thor is whether Banner will ever be able to come back if he swicthes to Hulk again. Now here we are. I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers. Scrolling twitter... This damn preview auto plays in my feed while I'm reading the tweet above it and the first ####### shot in the preview is Banner. So stupid. #### previews. 
I was thinking the same thing about the Cap reveal in the trailer and turned it off then.  Not that I thought there was any chance he wouldn't be in the movie, but the impact of that moment is probably ruined now.

Infinity War is the most watched movie trailer in history in the first 24 hours on youtube

Second most watched video of any kind in first 24 hours on youtube

Most "liked" movie trailer ever on youtube

Apparently the number is total number of views, not just youtube views.  Found an article that said it was over 200 million views on Facebook and 1 million on youtube in the first 24 hours.

Damn.  Goes to show you the power of Facebook. 
ahh ok, makes sense.  My comments were for youtube specifically, I should clarify that.

Yeah, I think the two biggest weaknesses in the MCU are the weakness of most of the "super" villains, and the introduction of some many heroes without being willing to kill one off.

I'm personally hoping for a Captain death.  I know it's happened a ton in the comics, though I'm not a comic reader, and I think it makes sense in the MCU both story wise and real world.  Evans has talked for a while about wanted to move away from the character, I don't think he can "retire" in the MCU as that's just not how Cap is built, that is easily the impactful moment that can bring the others back together, and if done right would really hit the audience.  So that's my vote, though as NR says, may never be allowed.

I also think Start starts to step back at some point as they move to new characters, but he can be kept in the MCU and retire or move to an advisory role that just has some cameos.  I think that can be explained in the story pretty easily.
Killing Evans' Cap and then having Bucky become Cap makes sense going forward. 

I actually thought the whole premise of Iron Man 3 was to introduce that kid so he could grow up and be the new Iron Man. 

I kind of recall that now.  So many movies that I only was able to view once -- I like them all, but damn I cannot remember half of them.
I get it. I have kids, so we watch these movies a few times. But if I didn't have that chance. Sheesh. There are like 17 movies in this thing BEFORE we get to the Infinity Wars movie and that doesn't include Black Panther, Ant/Wasp, or The Marvel Chick movies. 

After credits scene had him in Wakanda putting Bucky on ice with T'Challa's help. 
I had originally thought we would see one or both of Cap and Bucky in Black Panther but neither are listed in the cast.  Maybe they will show up in a cameo or after credits scene to help bridge to Infinity.

I get it. I have kids, so we watch these movies a few times. But if I didn't have that chance. Sheesh. There are like 17 movies in this thing BEFORE we get to the Infinity Wars movie and that doesn't include Black Panther, Ant/Wasp, or The Marvel Chick movies. 
Agents of Shield has been solid for 4 seasons and starting season 5 this week.

What an absolute goldmine this has been.

Can someone double check that I have this right?

Antman 2 comes out after Infinity War but the movie is set in the aftermath of Civil War, which is before Infinity War.

Can someone double check that I have this right?

Antman 2 comes out after Infinity War but the movie is set in the aftermath of Civil War, which is before Infinity War.
It can still be "in the aftermath of Civil War" and also post Infinity war. 

The movies almost always are "real time" in the sense that the time between movies equals the time elapsed within the cinematic universe. 

It can still be "in the aftermath of Civil War" and also post Infinity war. 

The movies almost always are "real time" in the sense that the time between movies equals the time elapsed within the cinematic universe. 
All I read was that it was in the direct aftermath of Civil War

As an aside, Captain Marvel is being set in the 90's I read with Jackson playing a younger Nick Fury.

And watching Spiderman this weekend, I realized how much the 8 years later tag created havoc in the timeline

Users who are viewing this thread