What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (2 Viewers)

Interesting late change.

It would not shock me if they had this planned 6 months ago.  By staking out the 4th, they made sure no other big movies would release on that date and they likely knew the 27th was a weak opening date in terms of big movies opening that day.

I bet they are rolling the dice that no other tent pole movies will change their release dates, effectively giving them an extra week of runway for the box office.
Pretty smart move there. 

Spent about an hour pouring over this pic. The Marvel Class Photo

I can think of three notables missing as well as two I can't explain. Why is someone from Friends in this pic? And why is Lawrence Fishburn in the pic?
Fisbhurne = Antman and Wasp.  Though worth mentioning he was also Silver Surfer, but obviously not MCU.

Nice seeing Hannah John-Kamen in it.

Someone from Friends?  Who/where?

Damn but Evangeline Lilly was having a bad hair day.  Normally love her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
GregR said:
Fisbhurne = Antman and Wasp.  Though worth mentioning he was also Silver Surfer, but obviously not MCU.

Nice seeing Hannah John-Kamen in it.

Someone from Friends?  Who/where?

Damn but Evangeline Lilly was having a bad hair day.  Normally love her hair.
Jon Favreau, who plays Happy Hogan in the Iron Man movies and Spider-Man (and directed the first two IM movies), was Monica’s bf on Friends.

Jon Favreau, who plays Happy Hogan in the Iron Man movies and Spider-Man (and directed the first two IM movies), was Monica’s bf on Friends.
Totally forgot about the multi millionaire ultimate fighting champion. And that it was him. Kinda cool, especially after seeing Natasha kick his ###.

They're the same guy, right?

Totally forgot about the multi millionaire ultimate fighting champion. And that it was him. Kinda cool, especially after seeing Natasha kick his ###.

They're the same guy, right?
Yep.  His ascension in Hollywood is intriguing. 

I took someone from Friends to mean Kudrow, Aniston, Cox, Perry, LeBlanc or Schwimmer. 

After my second post about how Agent 13 looks like Mira Sorvino in the picture, wondered if he got Kudrow and  Sorvino confused.  Acid flashback to watching Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion or something...

Um Paul Rudd was in Friends guys. He married Phoebe
So was Jeff Goldblum.  But he, Rudd and Favreau are high profile enough in Marvel films that no one should have to ask why they are in an MCU picture.  Ergo, not who I'd imagine he was asking about.

The Thor: Ragnarok 3D blu ray arrived today.

Outstanding.  Holding up to a second viewing so far.

I took someone from Friends to mean Kudrow, Aniston, Cox, Perry, LeBlanc or Schwimmer. 

After my second post about how Agent 13 looks like Mira Sorvino in the picture, wondered if he got Kudrow and  Sorvino confused.  Acid flashback to watching Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion or something...
Yep that was not a good look for Agent 13.

I wonder if @TheFanatic  thought Evangeline Lilly was Courtney Cox.  Lilly's hair is not doing her any favors.

Yep that was not a good look for Agent 13.

I wonder if @TheFanatic  thought Evangeline Lilly was Courtney Cox.  Lilly's hair is not doing her any favors.
Actually, it was my coworker who said, "why is Courtney Cox in this pic?" And I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm not sure that's CC." Then I saw some pics of the after party and she had her hair pulled back and I realized who she was. 

Speaking of Lilly. What the hell happened to her? She looks nothing like she did on Lost. 

Yep.  His ascension in Hollywood is intriguing. 
He's been tapped to take the lead on the new live action Star Wars tv show by Disney. Just announced a few hours ago, it's going to be Disney's new streaming service only. Most people probably only remember him from Swingers onward, but he's always seemed like a likable dude all the way back to playing Gutter in PCU or Rudy's nerdy best friend at Notre Dame.

He's been tapped to take the lead on the new live action Star Wars tv show by Disney. Just announced a few hours ago, it's going to be Disney's new streaming service only. Most people probably only remember him from Swingers onward, but he's always seemed like a likable dude all the way back to playing Gutter in PCU or Rudy's nerdy best friend at Notre Dame.
Can you blow me where the pampers is?

I may need to go rewatch Ultron. That's the one you're all ranking much higher than I would. I'd rank it among the still good category along with Thor and IM2. 

the first cap has actually grown on me, didn't like it all that much the first time but it's among the top 10 now.
Mine is ragnorak. A lot of people have it quite high, I don't get it. 

Almost done with Runaways.  Been interesting, not great.  Probably in the just OK category above.  Hopefully the last 3 episodes are good.

TheFanatic said:
Actually, it was my coworker who said, "why is Courtney Cox in this pic?" And I kept looking at it and thinking, "I'm not sure that's CC." Then I saw some pics of the after party and she had her hair pulled back and I realized who she was. 

Speaking of Lilly. What the hell happened to her? She looks nothing like she did on Lost. 
It’s been almost 15 years since Lost first aired (2004).

I watched this one last night and it took all my energy to complete the movie.  For me it is firmly at the bottom with Thor 2.   I thought it was a dull mess and when I see it near the top of people's lists I wonder if I watched a different movie.  
This is par for the course for you so doesnt shock me

Edit: This wasnt meant as an insult but I noticed you typically hate a lot of movies especially ones universally loved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this one last night and it took all my energy to complete the movie.  For me it is firmly at the bottom with Thor 2.   I thought it was a dull mess and when I see it near the top of people's lists I wonder if I watched a different movie.  
I loved it. Had I not been in the theater with my three boys ages 9, 7 and 4, I probably wouldn't place it as high on the list, but they absolutely loved it and to see the joy on their faces put some on mine. The point here, is I feel this was written more for kids and comedy rather than some dark movie about Thor discovering his true inner power. 

I loved it. Had I not been in the theater with my three boys ages 9, 7 and 4, I probably wouldn't place it as high on the list, but they absolutely loved it and to see the joy on their faces put some on mine. The point here, is I feel this was written more for kids and comedy rather than some dark movie about Thor discovering his true inner power. 
Thor & Thor 2 were both disliked because it was such a ridiculous premise for a movie and they took themselves too seriously. GotG came along and told a similar ridiculous premise but everyone loved it because it added humor. So it seems like they just applied the same formula to Thor Ragnorak and it worked.

Fwiw, my 15yo son and I enjoyed Ragnarok in the theater, but I highly doubt it holds up like the first avengers, GotG, or even the first Captain America for us.

Thor & Thor 2 were both disliked because it was such a ridiculous premise for a movie and they took themselves too seriously. GotG came along and told a similar ridiculous premise but everyone loved it because it added humor. So it seems like they just applied the same formula to Thor Ragnorak and it worked.
Yeah, yeah, I know they are all comic book movies, but the bolded is about it.  I liked GotG a lot less than most did, but at least I did laugh in a few places and I had a bit more fun with that one (at least the first one).   Problem here was besides Thor's password for the plane, I didn't laugh during this one.   So ridiculous idea plus not finding it that funny was the deal breaker, and add to that another blah baddie.    I think all the Thor movies and Dr. Strange are at the bottom of the of the Marvel list for me with Capt. 2, 3, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Black Panther at the top.  

Yeah, yeah, I know they are all comic book movies, but the bolded is about it.  I liked GotG a lot less than most did, but at least I did laugh in a few places and I had a bit more fun with that one (at least the first one).   Problem here was besides Thor's password for the plane, I didn't laugh during this one.   So ridiculous idea plus not finding it that funny was the deal breaker, and add to that another blah baddie.    I think all the Thor movies and Dr. Strange are at the bottom of the of the Marvel list for me with Capt. 2, 3, Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Black Panther at the top.  
Blah? She destroyed the hammer and took out the three. That's not blah to me. 

Blah? She destroyed the hammer and took out the three. That's not blah to me. 
Just my take.  Look at my list - I like the human and self contained movies in the Marvel Universe.  I check out more with the weird outer-spacey and powerful gods/hordes of minions types in the series.  

Not sure why, but the son said he didn't want to see the Marvel movies this year.  IW might be a rental, but i will probsbly see Ant Man in the theater.  
Not self contained. 

weird outer-spacey 

Powerful gods 

hordes of minions types

Seems IW is 0-4

Saw Black Panther over the weekend. I thought it was great. Probably like Ragnorok better, but not by much. More because my kids really, really enjoyed Thor 3. They liked Black Panther a lot too, but not quite as much. I appreciate the lack of blood. It was pretty unrealistic, but still, good for kids. I thought the characters were extremely well done. 

Almost done with Runaways.  Been interesting, not great.  Probably in the just OK category above.  Hopefully the last 3 episodes are good.
Finished Runaways and of course it ended in a way leaving me wanting another season.  Damnit.  Overall ok, not a great series.  Better then Inhumans.  Wouldn't surprise me if they don't do season 2 but the way it ended they will need to.

Next up is Jessica Jones season 2.

Users who are viewing this thread