What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (8 Viewers)

Started watching Iron Fist 2 this week.  Not worthy of its own thread, but it is better than season 1.  The martial arts are pretty entertaining and it is fairly gritty with a couple of good story lines.  I'm kind of a sucker for this stuff, though.
I just started this as well.  Through the first couple of episodes, and not bad.  Much better than the first season.
Would you have to finish the first season to get what's going on?  I think I bailed after 3 or 4 episodes.

Still trying to get through Luke Cage but from what I heard LC s2 was worse then LC s1 but Iron Fist s2 has been better then IF s1...

Started watching Iron Fist 2 this week.  Not worthy of its own thread, but it is better than season 1.  The martial arts are pretty entertaining and it is fairly gritty with a couple of good story lines.  I'm kind of a sucker for this stuff, though.
I watched the first episode and the martial arts scenes are definitely MUCH better than season 1.

Id at least read a recap and maybe then watch the last episode.
:goodposting:   I don't think you need to watch all of it - if any, maybe the last 2 episodes to see how S1 ended.  With that said, I haven't seen much that pulls directly from any specific S1 episode.  There's some character backstory, but you could probably put it together watching the S2 episode.

I think the end of The Defenders is more recent and comes in to play a bit as well.

It helps to know who Joy and Ward are and what happened to their father.  That is referenced often in season 2.

I think the end of The Defenders is more recent and comes in to play a bit as well.

It helps to know who Joy and Ward are and what happened to their father.  That is referenced often in season 2.
Speaking of Joy, I have no clue who that actress was before watching this show but she has to be one of the most beautiful women on TV right now.

I guess when I stopped reading comic books Captain Marvel was still a man. Adam Warlock, I believe?

The movie looks really good though and the end of IW1 means Captain Marvel is going to play a key role in IW2.

I guess when I stopped reading comic books Captain Marvel was still a man. Adam Warlock, I believe?
Adam Warlock started as Him, but was never Captain Marvel. The first Captain Marvel was a Kree named Mar-Vell (he'll be played by Jude Law in the movie). He died in the 80s and he was involved in giving Carol Danvers the powers that made her Ms. Marvel. Others have picked up the Captain Marvel mantel, including Mar-Vell's son and daughter. Carol went from Ms. Marvel to Captain Marvel in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Fist cancelled on Netflix.   And no surprise, Disney plans to start keeping Marvel feature films on their own streaming service.

The cancellation arrives as Disney, which owns Iron Fist producer Marvel, is set to launch a direct-to-consumer streaming platform of its own to compete with Netflix. Disney has announced plans to pull all of its Marvel feature films from Netflix and exclusively house them on its DTC platform. (Black Panther, Doctor Strange andGuardians of the Galaxy are currently streaming on Netflix — for now.) Sources tell THR that the remaining Marvel TV series on Netflix — Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage and The Punisher — will remain on the streamer until they run their course, per the companies' original five-show deal (which included miniseries The Defenders).

Iron Fist cancelled on Netflix.   And no surprise, Disney plans to start keeping Marvel feature films on their own streaming service.
Iron Fist Season 2 was mostly improved over the abysmal Season 1. The fighting was light years better and I only wanted to punch Danny Rand in the face half the time. As I was finishing up, I was thinking that I might actually give it a C+, or maybe even a B-.  And then I watched the final scene of the last episode, which is easily the worst scene in Marvel Universe history, and might make the Top Ten Worst Scenes in cinematic history. F.

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Iron Fist Season 2 was mostly improved over the abysmal Season 1. The fighting was light years better and I only wanted to punch Danny Rand in the face half the time. As I was finishing up, I was thinking that I might actually give it a C+, or maybe even a B-.  And then I watched the final scene of the last episode, which is easily the worst scene in Marvel Universe history, and might make the Top Ten Worst Scenes in cinematic history. F.
All these Netflix series deserve the garbage can. 13 hour character expositions with Danny Rand and Matthew Murdoch? Gtfoh. Should be 6 episodes series tops. 

Have to think that this is all about completing their contract with Netflix and that they will reappear on the Disney streaming platform at some point in the future.

If anyone wants to see the ridiculous final scene of IF Season 2 (and doesn’t care about spoilers), here you go:

https://youtu.be/Mv2v7ExpxA4

I mean even if we buy the ridiculous (and cliche) shooting a bullet with another bullet thing, he shot the bullet out of the air with TWO BULLETS. FROM GUNS THAT HE FIRED AT DIFFERENT TIMES. Was his chi able to speed up the second fired bullet so that it would catch up to the first fired bullet at exactly the right time?

Oh yeah, the acting was groaningly bad as well. Except for the big dude who just stood up and had no lines. He should get an Oscar for his performance by comparison. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stupid and you'er taste is bad Iron Fist rulz. 

Eh, if this wasn't tied into the current Marvel universe storyline, I'm not sure I'd be all the excited to see it. It's got some cool cgi and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but I've never been a Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers fan. She seems like a dull character to me. But since it's theorized this movie will end with linkage to Avengers 4, I'm going to see it regardless.

Eh, if this wasn't tied into the current Marvel universe storyline, I'm not sure I'd be all the excited to see it. It's got some cool cgi and I'm sure it will be entertaining, but I've never been a Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers fan. She seems like a dull character to me. But since it's theorized this movie will end with linkage to Avengers 4, I'm going to see it regardless.
I'm kind of the opposite.  Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series was my first real exposure to the Avengers, and she was a favorite character from it.  Though the version of her they have in the Avengers series that replaced it is horrible.

If anyone wants to see the ridiculous final scene of IF Season 2 (and doesn’t care about spoilers), here you go:

https://youtu.be/Mv2v7ExpxA4

I mean even if we buy the ridiculous (and cliche) shooting a bullet with another bullet thing, he shot the bullet out of the air with TWO BULLETS. FROM GUNS THAT HE FIRED AT DIFFERENT TIMES. Was his chi able to speed up the second fired bullet so that it would catch up to the first fired bullet at exactly the right time?

Oh yeah, the acting was groaningly bad as well. Except for the big dude who just stood up and had no lines. He should get an Oscar for his performance by comparison. 
Thanks for posting so I never, ever have to invest any time in watching any portion of this show.

The youtube comments make it seem like it's the coolest scene ever. Some people are dumb.

Users who are viewing this thread