What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (3 Viewers)

I love all the speculation.  Rescue, the girl shooting the arrow with Hawkeye, Who's missing in ______ scene... to me it adds a little to the excitement of what could happen.

Of all the trailers for all the movies, I feel like what they have done for Endgame has blown the rest away.
I assumed the girl was Hawkeye's daughter, also assumed she was dusted but...???

I assumed the girl was Hawkeye's daughter, also assumed she was dusted but...???
This was my first though and the dusting turned him to Ronin... but its only been 4 years and that girl looked like a teen.  

I've seen a lot of speculation its actually Kate Bishop and future Hawkeye.

I love all the speculation.  Rescue, the girl shooting the arrow with Hawkeye, Who's missing in ______ scene... to me it adds a little to the excitement of what could happen.

Of all the trailers for all the movies, I feel like what they have done for Endgame has blown the rest away.
It's a small thing, but Ant-Man (probably just back from the quantum realm) looking at the "missing persons" posters hit just the right note.  I'm so ready.

In the scenes with Hawkeye in the tunnel, he appears to have on the same device Cap, Tony and Ant-man had in the leaked set photos. Perhaps, wherever he is, he's time traveling...

It's tough to live in a world where people are judged by the worst things they ever said/did.  Particularly as it is often abused by those pushing their own agendas. I would hate for the worst things I have ever done or said to be viewed as the sum and total of my life.

Glad Gunn is back.

It's tough to live in a world where people are judged by the worst things they ever said/did.  Particularly as it is often abused by those pushing their own agendas. I would hate for the worst things I have ever done or said to be viewed as the sum and total of my life.

Glad Gunn is back.
agreed, as long as you are sincere and have demonstrably changed.  Too many want this forgiveness but haven't changed to deserve it.

Glad he is back too.  Looking forward to GotG v3

I mean I get that but what's the thing's significance to Captain Marvel?  How'd it get to earth?
Mar Vell brought it with her.   It's significant in the comic books and has appeared here and there.  It has a love/hate relationship with Rocket.  I imagine they do something with that in Endgame/GG3

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar Vell brought it with her.   It's significant in the comic books and has appeared here and there.  It has a love/hate relationship with Rocket.  I imagine they do something with that in Endgame/GG3
:thanks:

For those of us that have never read any of the Marvel comic books this helps... As did this movie.. no idea if the back story on Fury, the tesseract, etc. follows the comics. But this movie filled in many holes for myself and my wife and we really enjoyed it.

:thanks:

For those of us that have never read any of the Marvel comic books this helps... As did this movie.. no idea if the back story on Fury, the tesseract, etc. follows the comics. But this movie filled in many holes for myself and my wife and we really enjoyed it.
In the comics, the cat was named Chewie (after Chewbacca) and was changed to Goose as a tip of the cap to Top Gun in the movie.

Captain Marvel first half was pretty boring but second half was pretty bad ###. Also, although I find her extremely attractive, not a big fan of Bree Larsen's acting in this. She had a smug look on her face the whole movie. 

I liked her much better in the movies than in the previews.  In the previews she just seemed pretty monotone/boring.  In the actual movie...she conveyed a real sense of a person who can kick ### and knows it....after all, she's two times over a soldier.  It showed in the way she interacted with people.  Loved it when she growled/screamed at the Skrull who screamed at her.  

Captain Marvel first half was pretty boring but second half was pretty bad ###. Also, although I find her extremely attractive, not a big fan of Bree Larsen's acting in this. She had a smug look on her face the whole movie. 
She had the look of someone who was been trained to not show emotion imo.

They haven't expressly stated in in the MCU, but it's in the comics.   If you look at Marvel.com, they say this for the "on screen profile":

They say this for the "comics" profile:

Not really any difference between "ultimate human levels" and "peak human strength and stamina."   Pretty sure you can assume in her time in the Red Room they bio-engineered her.   Why wouldn't they have?

ETA:  supposedly the BW movie is set around 2000, so I imagine that they'll resolve this question in her backstory.
The Russians were always juicing

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Destin-Daniel-Cretton-Direct-Marvel-Shang-Chi-Movie-45919429?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=post&utm_campaign=frontdoor

Asian-American director Destin Daniel Cretton has been hired to direct Marvel's Shang-Chi, a film about a 1970s Marvel Comics character who's a master of Chinese martial arts, according to a Deadline exclusive — and it's about time!

In the original Marvel comics, Shang-Chi — who first appeared in Special Marvel Edition No. 15 — was a half-Chinese, half-white martial arts assassin trained by his father, the infamous villain Fu Manchu. Shang-Chi later rebelled against his father's evil ways and became a superhero, which already sounds like a pretty cool basis for a script if you ask me. Chinese-American screenwriter Dave Callaham is set to write the film's screenplay, and Marvel is expected to assemble a largely Asian-American and Asian cast to star in the production.

Cretton is best known for his 2013 indie film Short Term 12, which stars Brie Larson (aka our beloved Captain Marvel) as a staff member at a group home for troubled teens. Cretton and Larson also collaborated in the 2017 film The Glass Castle and are currently working alongside one another on biographical drama Just Mercy, starring Black Panther alumn Michael B. Jordan. With so many superhero connections in real life, we can only hope that Cretton brings us another incredible Marvel movie worthy of a Black Panther-level opening box office.

I would be willing to bet that this will beat Black Panther at the box office.

LAUNCH said:
https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Destin-Daniel-Cretton-Direct-Marvel-Shang-Chi-Movie-45919429?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=post&utm_campaign=frontdoor

Asian-American director Destin Daniel Cretton has been hired to direct Marvel's Shang-Chi, a film about a 1970s Marvel Comics character who's a master of Chinese martial arts, according to a Deadline exclusive — and it's about time!

In the original Marvel comics, Shang-Chi — who first appeared in Special Marvel Edition No. 15 — was a half-Chinese, half-white martial arts assassin trained by his father, the infamous villain Fu Manchu. Shang-Chi later rebelled against his father's evil ways and became a superhero, which already sounds like a pretty cool basis for a script if you ask me. Chinese-American screenwriter Dave Callaham is set to write the film's screenplay, and Marvel is expected to assemble a largely Asian-American and Asian cast to star in the production.

Cretton is best known for his 2013 indie film Short Term 12, which stars Brie Larson (aka our beloved Captain Marvel) as a staff member at a group home for troubled teens. Cretton and Larson also collaborated in the 2017 film The Glass Castle and are currently working alongside one another on biographical drama Just Mercy, starring Black Panther alumn Michael B. Jordan. With so many superhero connections in real life, we can only hope that Cretton brings us another incredible Marvel movie worthy of a Black Panther-level opening box office.

I would be willing to bet that this will beat Black Panther at the box office.
Bet it bombs

I dont think I understood the Captain Marvel deal. Is she an alien who did not know it or was she a human the aliens modified?

I was referring to Brie Larson character. I asked my 13 year old. He says she was human who got powers when she was saved by that alien guy. I guess he did something that enabled her to control her powers. That something was alien blood? My kid seemed a little iffy on why she had alien blood.

I was referring to Brie Larson character. I asked my 13 year old. He says she was human who got powers when she was saved by that alien guy. I guess he did something that enabled her to control her powers. That something was alien blood? My kid seemed a little iffy on why she had alien blood.
In the comic books it was a blood transfusion from the Kree that gave Danvers her powers.  In the movie, it was the power from the engine that blew up which gave her powers.  However, the explosion still injured her enough that the Kree took her back to study her, and in doing so, healed her with blood transfusions as well.  The Kree wanted to keep Danvers alive to study and determine how she was able to absorb so much of the power from the engine, and then be able to harness and use it.  The disc on her neck was to inhibit and restrain her use of the powers while they studied her.  The way she absorbed the light engine blast was similar to how Banner absorbed the gamma radiation, at least IMO.  There was nothing in the story to explain that portion of it, only that she did absorb it and is able to now use it.

In the comic books it was a blood transfusion from the Kree that gave Danvers her powers.  In the movie, it was the power from the engine that blew up which gave her powers.  However, the explosion still injured her enough that the Kree took her back to study her, and in doing so, healed her with blood transfusions as well.  The Kree wanted to keep Danvers alive to study and determine how she was able to absorb so much of the power from the engine, and then be able to harness and use it.  The disc on her neck was to inhibit and restrain her use of the powers while they studied her.  The way she absorbed the light engine blast was similar to how Banner absorbed the gamma radiation, at least IMO.  There was nothing in the story to explain that portion of it, only that she did absorb it and is able to now use it.
And IIRC from the movie, the Kree lied to her saying that chip gave her the power, right? Then later she realized what you noted. That it was basically a restraining bolt like on R2-D2.

IS Scarlet Witch the only "Super Hero" name never mentioned in the MCU from the general group of characters?  Black Widow and Hawkeye were mentioned a couple of times over the years.   

I think Falcon was the name of the folder in Captain America 2 but I am not sure if this was said aloud at any time.

IS Scarlet Witch the only "Super Hero" name never mentioned in the MCU from the general group of characters?  Black Widow and Hawkeye were mentioned a couple of times over the years.   

I think Falcon was the name of the folder in Captain America 2 but I am not sure if this was said aloud at any time.
Technically, Captain Marvel was never named

yes!  In fact it is even more confusing in that movie since Mar-Vell is actually a different character from Carol.
Yeah Nick Fury made the whole Mar-vell/Marvel joke and Carol was a Captain but that was really the only "reference" to the name so far.

What about Quicksilver? I'm sure there's more. I like how they squeeze them in when it makes sense.

Yeah Nick Fury made the whole Mar-vell/Marvel joke and Carol was a Captain but that was really the only "reference" to the name so far.

What about Quicksilver? I'm sure there's more. I like how they squeeze them in when it makes sense.
I did not consider quicksilver one of the main characters since he does not even last a movie but you are correct, he is never referred to as quicksilver.  The fact that neither him nor Scarlet Witch hero names are used may have something to do with the rights battle at that time over those characters.

============================

Lets run through the group

Iron Man - a ton

Captain America - a ton

Thor - does not really have a super hero name

Hulk - many times

Black Widow - a couple

Hawkeye - a couple

Scarlet Witch - never

Vision - it's his only name I guess

War Machine - a few times

The Winter Soldier - a few times

Falcon - mentioned a couple of times

Star Lord - many times

Spiderman - many times

Antman - a couple

Wasp - once in reference to the previous Wasp.

edit: adding in corrections

Users who are viewing this thread