What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Can Deadpool Save the MCU? You betcha, friendo! (6 Viewers)

Peak said:
I think animation is the better way to go with the What If series.  It will offer the chance to really flip things around in ways that couldn't be done without a big movie budget.  I'm really interested to see what this series will hold.  
Yep

Animated is definitely the way to go with this one. IMO

Yep

Animated is definitely the way to go with this one. IMO
I agree with this if done well and as a more adult level cartoon as opposed to one aimed at the preteen level kids. Imagine this is the thing with it involved in the actual phase 4 rollout, but just worry because I have high hopes for this.

No Black Panther movie until 2022 at the earliest?  Is Marvel allergic to money?
As long as they do it right I don't care how long it takes.

They're going to release three movies in 2021.  Just two in 2020 but a lot of Disney + material.  That's quite a bit of content.

Season 6 of Shield has been all over the place.  They may have walked down a rabbit hole they can't get out of but I am still enjoying it.

With that pack you mentioned, will you be getting Hulu Live with it as well or just regular Hulu?  That seems like a nice combo and I hear the prices may be good.
Don't know.  When they announced D+ the reports mentioned the package would be avail, waiting to see what they actually offer and the cost.  If D+ pricing is as good as reported, hopefully this package will be good too.  I enjoy Netflix but really got it for the Marvel stuff and since my daughter loves Disney, seems to make sense to go this route.

Agree with the uneven season 6.  Been some fun moments, been some odd wtf moments too.  I am enjoying too.  The previews for the season finale look good so I'm interested in where it goes.  Looks like they are really trying to tie in to previous seasons and create repercussions for past actions/adventures.  Oh and obviously keep Clark Gregg around.

Allegedly, Black Widow is filming scenes in my town this week. Crew commandeered our church parking lot yesterday and brought in a bunch of older model cars and trucks. Working under the code FIGARO, which is what was used for Infinity War. 

Allegedly, Black Widow is filming scenes in my town this week. Crew commandeered our church parking lot yesterday and brought in a bunch of older model cars and trucks. Working under the code FIGARO, which is what was used for Infinity War. 
What year were the cars?

No Black Panther movie until 2022 at the earliest?  Is Marvel allergic to money?
Phase 4 movies seem to be about establishing new characters for the most part.  I do think though, that Black Panther will play a significant role in the upcoming Falcon and Winter Soldier show.

I know it wasn't popular but I went back and watched The Defenders on Netflix again.  I do like it.  I think its better then it gets credit for.  Sure some slow parts with Sigorney Weavers' character, but the coming together of the 4 characters from their individual series works for me.  But I like that sort of thing.  Its why I think I've moved Avengers up my rankings for the MCU.  Maybe not Ultron, but I think Avengers and Infinity War are my two faves.  

Def looking forward to the new D+ shows and hope they can bring back the Netflix characters at some point.  

So Avengers 5 will be an all new cast of heroes you have not seen before.  Throw out ideas on who you would like to see on the team.  

Would be awesome to see Swordsman

So Avengers 5 will be an all new cast of heroes you have not seen before.  Throw out ideas on who you would like to see on the team.  

She Hulk? Honestly would like a whole Hulk set of movies done right. 

I just want F4 and X-Men.

She Hulk? Honestly would like a whole Hulk set of movies done right. 

I just want F4 and X-Men.
Like your ideas.  F4 should be a landmark of phase 5 - a lot of material to mine.  I think X-men could use some rest - two or so years should be right - and I would rest Magneto longer that that - I would go Hellfire Club.

Like your ideas.  F4 should be a landmark of phase 5 - a lot of material to mine.  I think X-men could use some rest - two or so years should be right - and I would rest Magneto longer that that - I would go Hellfire Club.
I love the X-Men movies but will not be mad if I don't see X-Men until Phase 8... in 2032.

They do need a rest but I'm thinking more 2025 triumphant return. My youngest will be 8 then and I m hoping for some good X-Men movies by then.
Whenever Anna Paquin wants to reprise her role as Rogue as the true leader of the X-Men, fine, but not till 2028 at the earliest.

My favorite comic book characters aside from Thanos have yet to be done, or done right.

Galactus, Silver Surfer.

This would bring some new energy to the MCU for me.  Getting tired of the continued milking of this current story line.

My favorite comic book characters aside from Thanos have yet to be done, or done right.

Galactus, Silver Surfer.

This would bring some new energy to the MCU for me.  Getting tired of the continued milking of this current story line.
Thanos and infinity stones are done. If they can get F4 established, we might get a proper silver surfer plot.

This is not entirely true.

https://www.newsarama.com/46300-avengers-5-will-feature-a-very-different-team.html

"It will be a very different team than we've seen before," Feige told MTV. "It'll be a very different incarnation of the team with some people you've already met, and some people you haven't met yet."

I'd imagine we would have Captain Falcon, Ant Man, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and some form of Hulk involved still.
I'd agree with this...except I could see Hulk moving to She-Hulk so Fiege et al can correct the sins of the past with those horrible Hulk movies.  I think we may also see some install of the Young Avengers in Phase 5 as well.  With Kate Bishop coming to D+ on Hawkeye, as well as the Wanda/Vision show and Dr Strange 2 movie, I could see where SW/V's "kids" may come into play by Phase 5 as well.  

I'm still holding out hope for a good Norman Osborne villian that brings in the Dark Avengers and carries a more corporate takeover vs just being a Spidey only villian.

Maybe we'll see a Hawkeye led Thunderbolts as well?

Peak said:
I'd agree with this...except I could see Hulk moving to She-Hulk so Fiege et al can correct the sins of the past with those horrible Hulk movies.  I think we may also see some install of the Young Avengers in Phase 5 as well.  With Kate Bishop coming to D+ on Hawkeye, as well as the Wanda/Vision show and Dr Strange 2 movie, I could see where SW/V's "kids" may come into play by Phase 5 as well.  

I'm still holding out hope for a good Norman Osborne villian that brings in the Dark Avengers and carries a more corporate takeover vs just being a Spidey only villian.

Maybe we'll see a Hawkeye led Thunderbolts as well?
She Hulk is the way they should have gone if they wanted to bring a strong, female character into the fold that the fans actually like. Female Thor kind of sucks and was introduced as an actual comic after the MCU got started. No one is wanting a female Thor. Every Marvel fan will cheer at She Hulk!

She Hulk is the way they should have gone if they wanted to bring a strong, female character into the fold that the fans actually like. Female Thor kind of sucks and was introduced as an actual comic after the MCU got started. No one is wanting a female Thor. Every Marvel fan will cheer at She Hulk!
Please keep your gender hate to the politics sub.  :P :boxing: :excited:

I hate that you can't bash a terrible character because it's a female. Well you can but you get backlash from morons that don't even read comics.
Honestly, I'm intrigued by She Thor for one reason only. Natalie Portman. She's an incredible actress. My biggest concern is the story not testing her acting abilities. If she pulls a Star Wars prequel performance, or Captain Marvel, then this will go into Thor Dark World territory. Oh, the other reason is, well, Marvel. Even the duds have been entertaining. 

shadyridr said:
This is not entirely true.

Corrected - but I personally hope they only have 1-2 callbacks to people we have seen.

Question still stands on who we want to see in the next one.  She Hulk makes a ton of sense cause she is less powerful than Hulk and a better fit in that way.  I also think Hercules may be a good call.

They need a Masters of Evil run.

My guess is that She Hulk has the same rights problems with Universal as Hulk does, which is why there's no Hulk or She Hulk movies planned. 

Honestly, I'm intrigued by She Thor for one reason only. Natalie Portman. She's an incredible actress. My biggest concern is the story not testing her acting abilities. If she pulls a Star Wars prequel performance, or Captain Marvel, then this will go into Thor Dark World territory. Oh, the other reason is, well, Marvel. Even the duds have been entertaining. 
It's just that their storytelling has been based on building up characters over multiple movies with character arcs and growth. She was written out 6 years ago and now she's going to be thrust back in and given the title of Thor in the course of one movie. Not sure how believable it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's just that their storytelling has been based on building up characters over multiple movies with character arcs and growth. She was written out 6 years ago and now she's going to be thrust back in and given the title of Thor in the course of one movie. Not sure how believable it will be.
Portman's a great actress, but she could fit in the palm of my hand. I hope they give her some Hulk-like CGI when she's supposed to be Thor. 

Isn't phase 5 the sequels everyone was upset were not announced as phase 4? With hopefully some FF added in?

I hope the rumors of Namor in BP2 are true.  Would love Silver Surfer and Galactus done right.  FF too.

Thanos and infinity stones are done. If they can get F4 established, we might get a proper silver surfer plot.
Heard Thanos might be back for an Annihilation storyline...not sure how their going to make that happen...web is rampant with rumors though

She-Hulk would be great.  I'm sure they'll get around to her

I'm beginning to think they'll never be able to capture the essence of Dr. Doom on screen.  Everyone that's tried has failed (on an epic scale)

If any of you haven't seen it, seek out the animated film Planet Hulk if you want to see a Hulk story done right

I have the feeling I'm going to see Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness at least 4 times in theaters.  

Reports are that it is set between Civil War and Infinity War, but also Budapest is mentioned so maybe several flashbacks?
Perhaps, but there's nothing particularly "Budapestian" about our downtown area. So maybe it's somewhere else. I don't know exactly where the filming took place. 

FWIW, our town was also used for some of the Earth scenes in GotGv2.

Heard Thanos might be back for an Annihilation storyline...not sure how their going to make that happen...web is rampant with rumors though

She-Hulk would be great.  I'm sure they'll get around to her

I'm beginning to think they'll never be able to capture the essence of Dr. Doom on screen.  Everyone that's tried has failed (on an epic scale)

If any of you haven't seen it, seek out the animated film Planet Hulk if you want to see a Hulk story done right

I have the feeling I'm going to see Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness at least 4 times in theaters.  
Randomly found this on Netflix the other day while scrolling through options. The kids saw it and had to watch it so we did. A bit gory for a cartoon of that level, but we really enjoyed it. Now I get how so many have said Ragnorak was as close to a Planet Hulk as we would ever get. So much of Ragnorak came right from that cartoon. 

Randomly found this on Netflix the other day while scrolling through options. The kids saw it and had to watch it so we did. A bit gory for a cartoon of that level, but we really enjoyed it. Now I get how so many have said Ragnorak was as close to a Planet Hulk as we would ever get. So much of Ragnorak came right from that cartoon. 
The cartoon was actually based on a storyline from the comics. Pretty sure that's the common source. 

Just saw it.  

Looking at it as just a Spider Man movie is a bit myopic.  It's very much a Tony Stark eulogy.....an Endgame postscript and a Phase 4 Foreward……..all under the umbrella of a both a high school rom com AND a beginner (not top of his game Spidey.....but newbie Spidey still learning the ropes) Spider-Man adventure.

They juggled all that perfectly.....and gave us two very relevant post credit scenes.  

All of the kids are good in their roles, Jake Gyllenhall was a good villain and Happy/Aunt May is nice flavor for the Marvel Universe.  They did a great job.   

Mysterio’s whole gimmick is that he doesn’t have super powers, he just uses special effects to make it appear that way. The use of holograms is exactly on brand for him. It was perfect.

First movie was the Vulture, and a cameo with Scorpion. Second is Mysterio. Seems like they may be building up to the Sinister Six.
There was a Scorpion cameo in Homecoming? I know they teased one of the Vultures henchmen as the Shocker but I don’t remember Scorpion?

Just saw it.  

Looking at it as just a Spider Man movie is a bit myopic.  It's very much a Tony Stark eulogy.....an Endgame postscript and a Phase 4 Foreward……..all under the umbrella of a both a high school rom com AND a beginner (not top of his game Spidey.....but newbie Spidey still learning the ropes) Spider-Man adventure.

They juggled all that perfectly.....and gave us two very relevant post credit scenes.  

All of the kids are good in their roles, Jake Gyllenhall was a good villain and Happy/Aunt May is nice flavor for the Marvel Universe.  They did a great job.   
I completely agree. We all miss Tony Stark. I thought it started out pretty slow then kinda smacked the #### out of you in the 2nd half. My boys (11&9) loved it. I, of course will be buying the blu-ray. Jake G is a pretty damn good actor/bad guy. Yes, I said it. 

Users who are viewing this thread